Poll: Should Snoop Dog and/or the Lonely Island produce music for Bion

fishers64

READ THE TOPIC TITLE. :P  

65 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I feel that if they really got serious and put their all into it they could come up with amazing stuff. Say what you will about Snoop; that man has talent. He's been around long enough to get some.

Same with Lonely Island. The already did a LEGO Movie song. They just need to hit it again for Bionicle and bust out some tasty jams.

Lara Croft

Tomb Raider Cliff Climbing

This made me laugh so much. :lol-sign:

Hey, we're still allowed to have fun around here, last I checked. :)

The properly worded excuse, translated into moderatorese, is that this was a tangent off of my Cryoshell poll that needed its own topic, in case any of you all come by and wonder whether the chemical concentration of the Sprite I was drinking wasn't quite what it should be. 

As for me, I barely know what Snoop Dog is, except that they did a video with the guy who did Gangnam style which I couldn't watch because of how awful it was. My extent of knowledge of The Lonely Island is the stuff they did for the The Lego Movie. However, I voted Yes for all of it because I'd like to see the experimental crazy stuff that would result.  

Technically, it's Snoop Lion.

But yeah, I'd want to hear him build up some sick beats and put the gears in motion of Bionicle getting more mainstream music again. Some people feel like they have to wear a mask when they discuss Bionicle in real life (Since it's typically seen as a kiddy thing), so a collaboration with the Lion would serve to help cement Bionicle's reputation among society.

• Upvote 2

why is this happening

1. No. I'm not a fan of Snoop Dog Lion's music, so I most likely wouldn't enjoy a Bionicle song by him. But I would love to see BZP's reaction to a Bionicle song released by him. It would be probably be hilarious. :P

2. and 3. Same as above.

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

you, over there in the jean shirt, what you wanna be when you grow up

"a police officer"

alright, that's a pretty good profession. you over there in the black shirt, what you wanna be when you grow 

"i wanna be a fireman"

alright, that's a pretty good profession too

you back there with the french braids, what's your name

"my name's snoop"

alright, snoop, what you wanna be when you grow up?

"i wanna be a frickin mask maker"

(in case you couldn't tell the poll is not strong enough to handle the weight of my yes)

-Tyler

• Upvote 5

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

If anyone should make songs for Bionicle, it should be Thomas Bergersen and Nick Phoenix. Hoooo-weee, would we get some epic stuff then (literally epic, not just some replacement for 'awesome' like the gnarly dudes of this generation). That is dependent upon if this generation of Bionicle is going to be epic like the previous incarnation, however. If it is going to cheesy episodic encounters like Hero Factory, then go right on ahead with the listed options.

• Upvote 1

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

We are all but grey specks in a dark complex before a single white light

Yes. All the yes. And while they're at it, they should do a cover of the Piraka rap.

While in all seriousness I want them to continue this orchestral rock style they are doing, snoop dog doing a song for bionicle would be one of the most magnificently glorious train wrecks this planet has ever seen, and I would love to see it XD

Lonely Island might be able to pull it off if they had a chance to get really into the story first...

Hi.

If you remember me from when I was most active on BZP, from 2009-2011...

I know I was cringy. But please keep in mind I was literally 12.

I want the guy who wrote "Baba Yetu" to write songs for Bionicle. It's a translation of the Lord's Prayer to Swahili sung in this beautiful tribal style I can't get enough of.

That said, STAY AWAY FROM BIONICLE, SNOOP AND L.I.! STAY AWAY!

• Upvote 1

LEGO Republic:

The Valkyrie

The "Christmas Brick"

My BZPRPG Profiles

Now a proud member of The Kanohi Force

76561198041367047.png

• 3 weeks later...

Snoop Whatever-Furred-Mammal-He's-Calling-Himself-Now producing music for the reboot?

Funny idea, but no. I don't know all that much about the music he produces now, but I'm fairly certain that him producing songs for Bionicle a la Cryoshell won't end well. We most likely won't be getting masterpieces, that's for sure; heck, we won't even be getting entertaining wrecks like the Piraka Rap.

Lonely Island...on the one hand, I'm familiar with their work, and they do good music. On the other hand, I'm familiar with their work. It bears repeating, for example, that "Everything is Awesome" was supposed to be ironic. I wouldn't hold out much hope for a serious BIONICLE song from Lonely Island.

• Upvote 1

Statements (Mouseover to view): <1> <2> <3> <4> <5> <6> <7><8> <9>

My MOCs:
Characters- Makuta Dys Makuta Kamazotz Lord Vladek The Helmsmith Protector OCs Skull Whaler Skull Warden

Creatures- Verdelisk Lord of Skull Spiders BBC Contest #69: Kahu Oko Taku

[...] heck, we won't even be getting entertaining wrecks like the Piraka Rap.

...That was entertaining? As in not just a way to torture fans or mock people? It was almost...

Seriousness continued though; Strong No to Calvin Cordozar Broadus, Jr.Snoop Doggy Dogg, Snoop Dogg, Snoop Lion, No you don't get name changes anymore; Calvin how by whatever ...things happen does anyone hold on to the thought that his style could work for Bionicle.

Look at his work. Look at Bionicle. What do you think would gel there? Honest Question.

You can think whatever you want, but please, an explanation would be greatly appreciated, (I hopetrust that at least one you one in twenty-two-as-yet actually thought this through beyond clevertrolling), what is meant to ... connect his work to Bionicle? He has put out a lot of work, but amongst it all I really struggle to see what would work with m'dear Bonklz..?

As for Lonely Island, well again I don't really see how they fit that well, as has been said before many a time "Everything is Awesome" was ironic.

It's not that I doubt these peoples skills, but I fail to see why one would think there skills would transfer over into whatever "style" G2 has~gets...

o,O"

~ Sophistry: A way to be antidisuncorrect. ~

In a decade you might convince maybe a small tribe of people.

In a decade you might also conquer one million km2 of land,

& in over a thousand years you might have over a billion followers.

I like building things. Please don't break the big ones.

& evidential philosophies that dare to extrapolate beyond

an individual's direct experience aren't easily built.