Guardian of Stone

Dear LEGO,

What do you get when you combine Pohatu: Master of Stone with the Protector of Stone?

We dunno.

Well, after some quick tinkering, I found that you can, in fact, actually do a combiner model with the figures rather than hand the Toa their respective Protector's weapons.

See what I mean?

Look at him, standing there so statuesque...

Here's a close-up of his chest construction.

Oh, and now he wants to take to the skies!

I believe I can fly!

Oh, fine. We'll give him the Golden Mask... 

Well, there you have it! A real combiner model! 

Sincerely, 

~The 1st Shadow~ ;)

--------------------------

I threw this together, and decided that, while not too much different from the set, it still is more of a combiner than those power-ups. :P the reason I used the Protector Mask was because I felt it looked better than the other two. :shrugs:

Here, have a gallery.

Comments? Criticism? Cookies?

Edited by ~T1S~
  • Upvote 6

~Your friendly, neighborhood Shadow

sotpbanner.png

~Credit for Avatar and Banner goes to

NickonAquaMagna~

The wings are very cool, I imagine there are some cool poses to be had with the fold-ability of the boomerangs. The weapon just looks like PoS+the dagger, not very interesting but it looks good nonetheless.

That's really all it is. :P I just like how the weapon looks, so I felt no need to improve it.

sotpbanner.png

NickonAquaMagna~

Very nice work, So why no picture of leftover parts... Are they any leftover parts?

"A stranger will always be a stranger unless you give them a chance."

:m_p: :r: :m_o: :w: :l:    :n: :i: :g: :h: :t: :w: :m_o: :l: :f:

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

Ah, so not a complete combiner but one that looks good just the same. Guess there is still room for improvement. Not sure about the extra head though. That may be strange to see.

"A stranger will always be a stranger unless you give them a chance."

:m_p: :r: :m_o: :w: :l:    :n: :i: :g: :h: :t: :w: :m_o: :l: :f:

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

Ah, so not a complete combiner but one that looks good just the same. Guess there is still room for improvement. Not sure about the extra head though. That may be strange to see.

Well, none of the official combiner sets in the past ever used all the parts. :shrugs:

sotpbanner.png

NickonAquaMagna~

Ill admit, I was irrationally disappointed that this didn't reference my SS about the elemental guardians... In any case, nice job. The Boomerang wings look a little forced, and the Protector mask looks a little small on a Toa-sized body.

:r: :e: :g: :i: :t: :n: :u: :i:

Elemental Rahi in Gen2, anyone? A write-up for an initial video for a G2 plot

I really wish everyone would stop trying to play join the dots with Gen 1 and Gen 2 though,it seems there's a couple new threads everyday and often they're duplicates of already existing conversations! Or simply parallel them with a slightly new 'twist'! Gen 2 is NEW, it is NOT Gen 1 and it is NOT a continuation. Outside of the characters we already have I personally don't want to see ANY old characters return. I think it will cheapen the whole experience to those of us familiar with the original line...

Thanks for the feedback, guys! :D

Ill admit, I was irrationally disappointed that this didn't reference my SS about the elemental guardians... In any case, nice job. The Boomerang wings look a little forced, and the Protector mask looks a little small on a Toa-sized body.

Short story? I might like to read it. 

Yeah, I wasn't really sure about the wings. I wanted to do something with the boomerangs, and I needed a way to use those empty balljoints, so that happened. :P 

Does it really? I keep thinking the Mask of Stone looks kinda small. :shrugs:

sotpbanner.png

NickonAquaMagna~

10/10 stones, this combiner rocks. I think we took good combiners for granite back during the run of G1. This MOC is an oasis in a desert of lazily-constructed "official" combiners.

(Gali seas what I did there.)

Your puns made me slately laugh. However, I'm not shore about that hidden Gali pun.

• Upvote 1

:a: :r: :z: :a: :k: :i:

I got Monster Hunter World on PS4, add me at bmrjw2 if you want

Also I play FFXIV, my main is Anastasia Willow on Exodus but I've got characters on every NA datacenter.

Thanks for the feedback, guys! :D

Short story? I might like to read it.

Yeah, I wasn't really sure about the wings. I wanted to do something with the boomerangs, and I needed a way to use those empty balljoints, so that happened. :P

Does it really? I keep thinking the Mask of Stone looks kinda small. :shrugs:

I haven't gotten my hands on the sets yet, so i haven't seen the masks firsthand. It just looks small in the pictures. As for the short story, there's a link in my signature.

:r: :e: :g: :i: :t: :n: :u: :i:

Elemental Rahi in Gen2, anyone? A write-up for an initial video for a G2 plot

I really wish everyone would stop trying to play join the dots with Gen 1 and Gen 2 though,it seems there's a couple new threads everyday and often they're duplicates of already existing conversations! Or simply parallel them with a slightly new 'twist'! Gen 2 is NEW, it is NOT Gen 1 and it is NOT a continuation. Outside of the characters we already have I personally don't want to see ANY old characters return. I think it will cheapen the whole experience to those of us familiar with the original line...

• 2 weeks later...

I'm totally making a Guardian of Jungle now.

Awesome! :D Also, seeing as I now have the PoF and Onua, I might just make Earth and Fire, as well. 

EDIT: Oh, yeah, the torsos were attached by the black pins in the Protector's torso armor. I removed the grey 3-length liftarm with the ball joint in the middle.

Edited by The~1st~Shadow

sotpbanner.png

NickonAquaMagna~

OH ok. I'll show you some pictures when it's complete and after I post pics of my Baby Jungle Protector.

I just made the Guardian of Jungle... AND IT IS GLORIOUS!!!

I'll post them on another forum.

"Remember when the comics forum had a lot of good stuff? Let's make that a thing again." -Kazi the Matoran