Skull Huntress

dotcom

I made a MoC for the first time in ages a few days back. I had been throwing around some ideas in my head for a Toa mod. The basic concept that she was built upon was the "skirt" armor, with the rest being built to try to match that bulky aesthetic. I'm reasonably pleased with how it turned out. I wasn't originally planning on using the Skull Spiders, but they worked out great for that. And it helped decide on a mask when I was struggling to find something that fit. She was originally simply going to be a regular Toa, but the blue Skull Spider was the only blue mask I had, so she became the Skull Huntress.

I ended up pretty pleased with what I got, so here she is.

gallery_90161_291_76880.jpg

On the mystical island of fan-Okoto, this Toa was one of the most powerful heroes who stood against the Skull Spider hordes in their earliest days. After helping a village evacuate during a particularly savage raid of Spiders, she stayed behind to stall the creatures and ensure the protection of the villagers. This came at the cost of her own safety, and she eventually fell prey to the Skull Spiders herself. After decades under their control, little of her personality remains. She now operates as the Skull Huntress, aiding in the vile creatures she once fought against.

gallery_90161_291_17847.jpg

Front | Back | Angle

gallery_90161_291_50044.jpg

The new Hero...slipped, it seems.

Anyway, that's that. Any thoughts or comments are greatly appreciated.

• Upvote 12

AXKP5KC.png

So this chick sacrificed herself only to become what she hated? Wow that story sounds familiar. So Kopaka actually did slip and into the clutches of this queen no less.

Long Live Kopaka!!! Onua Wreak her!!

So the Mask is an active Skull spider but what about the ones on her hips? Just aesthetic flair?

"A stranger will always be a stranger unless you give them a chance."

:m_p: :r: :m_o: :w: :l:    :n: :i: :g: :h: :t: :w: :m_o: :l: :f:

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

The skirt is a cool idea, but it sticks out in the front a bit in my opinion. Overall, however, the MOC's very menacing. The backward-swords confused me for a second, but upon closer examination I can see how that would be practical.

Yeah, the Savage Planet claw piece unfortunately slopes a bit too far outwards--especially since its socket is already pretty far from the shell already. It's unfortunate, but it's the best part I could think of to do this. I think it's most noticeable when her legs are posed. When at rest, it doesn't look that off.

So the Mask is an active Skull spider but what about the ones on her hips? Just aesthetic flair?

Basically yeah, they weren't really meant to be spiders, only part of the armor. I guess they could be some spare spiders, though.

Neat MOC. I like the use of the blue axe blades on the mask.

Love her skirt and her Blades. I like how you used these transparent axes on that Skull Spider Mask.

Thanks! I struggled for a bit trying to come up with something interesting to do with the mask, since a plain spider would have been boring. I'm glad you guys like the axes.

I'm probably gonna build someone around the skull spider mask soon,

That's...nice?

Very cool design! Reminds me a little of the Predator.

Thanks! I wasn't specifically taking influences from the Predator, but I certainly wanted to give her a menacing, predatory feel.

Edited by farmstink buttlass

AXKP5KC.png

VERY nice. The skirt design is definitely innovative, I never would have thought of implementing those pieces along with the Skull Spiders in that way. Overall a really great look coupled with a solid colour scheme and same great weapons. Really like it. Hope you make some more Skull characters, loved to see what else you could make with that concept!

-NotS

• Upvote 1

tahubanner.jpg

Neat MOC. I like the use of the blue axe blades on the mask.

Love her skirt and her Blades. I like how you used these transparent axes on that Skull Spider Mask.

Thanks! I struggled for a bit trying to come up with something interesting to do with the mask, since a plain spider would have been boring. I'm glad you guys like the axes.

Very cool design! Reminds me a little of the Predator.

Thanks! I wasn't specifically taking influences from the Predator, but I certainly wanted to give her a menacing, predatory feel.

Oh wow there really are axes on her mask. I didn't even notice at first... even cooler than I though before.... :)

I also first thought of the Predators creatures when I first saw this though didn't say anything...

"A stranger will always be a stranger unless you give them a chance."

:m_p: :r: :m_o: :w: :l:    :n: :i: :g: :h: :t: :w: :m_o: :l: :f:

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png