[WIP] 3D protectors/CCBS parts

Maphrox: Toa of Polygons

So after making the protector mask, I was like "Hmm... Obsessively recreating pieces of plastic using polygons sure is fun"

So I started on a torso
BFZsr18.png

It was fun and all but I quickly realized that proportions are hard and there are a lot of parts.

So I thought about it for a while and realized...

KHGeQL6.png

There's a pretty good amount of parts in LDD

Bottom line is I wrote some code that converts LDD parts to .obj files, which I can then import into Blender.

I then made new models using the LDD models as references. Why?

V7RJQ3h.png

I have different needs.

Also this probably violates the LDD Terms of Use less.

Anyway, with all that said and done here's my progress. Red parts are me, blue is LDD reference material I haven't started on yet beyond finding it

rmIGdCx.png

TL;DR version: I'm making CCBS parts with an end goal of making the protectors maybe. To help I'm hacking LDD. No actual LDD models will be in the finished product because that's not arty enough. 

• Upvote 9

I make stuff sometimes.

Oh I am loving the Open empty wallet shot. Emphasizes that a solid gold Ekimu Protector mask would dump one's disposable income and then some.

Also these are looking really good. I loved the aspect of poseable digits. Makes for some more dynamic pointing poses and gestures.

"A stranger will always be a stranger unless you give them a chance."

:m_p: :r: :m_o: :w: :l:    :n: :i: :g: :h: :t: :w: :m_o: :l: :f:

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

Well I'd hope with the release of the new Bionicle sets and in turn the new heads and masks, they would release a patch for LDD to include these pieces. I am tired of looking at my LoSS/Nui-Jaga with the blank chest pieces for its face since the Lord of Skull Spider's print has not been released yet to my knowledge...

"A stranger will always be a stranger unless you give them a chance."

:m_p: :r: :m_o: :w: :l:    :n: :i: :g: :h: :t: :w: :m_o: :l: :f:

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

If you can somehow hack LDD and place the protector parts in there....... *throws money at screen*

It'd really just be a matter of figuring out what the parts of the .g files that aren't geometry data represent, modelling the parts, exporting to .g, writing associated .xml files, and finally re-compressing the archive

I'll be the first to admit that stage 1 takes far more effort than I'm willing to put in

Have some more parts:

XUvhe1O.png

I make stuff sometimes.

• 2 weeks later...