Get a Trans-Orange Tahu Mask in LEGO Stores or Online!

tn_15_01_27_trans-orange-tahu-mask.png

Check your LEGO Store calendar: From February 1st to 14th, you can get an exclusive "LEGO BIONICLE Hero Pack" for free at LEGO Stores or at online at the LEGO Shop - containing a poster, a leaflet (presumably with story information), a skull spider and a transparent orange Tahu mask (photo by DeeVee)! I haven't checked all countries but the offer is available for at least UK, France and Germany, so it doesn't seem far-fetched that all of Europe will get it. I'd expect the US to get this offer as well, if not in February then later in the year, but check a LEGO Store calendar from your country to see if you are lucky - see for example the British store calendar.

View the full article

• Upvote 1

From the calendar leaks early on in the year wasn't there mention of a Bionicle polybag/promotion in March, too? Perhaps this will be when it reaches Canada and the USA. Regardless of when it comes though I'm excited, it will be great to get a trans-orange Hau ('Tahu Mask')

• Upvote 1

BZPRPG:

Akamu, Toa of Ice :smilekohrak: :smilenuju: :smilekopakanu: :smilematoro: :akakunu: :kohrak: :matatu: :akaku: Talk to me about Destiny!

Ask me about stuttering and speech impediments!//Feel free to talk about Dungeons and Dragons with me!

I guess I'll have to wait until it hits the U.S. then.

Steam Name: Toa Hahli Mahri. Xbox Live Gamertag: Makuta. Minecraft Username: ThePoohster.

Wants: 2003 Jaller (from Jaller and Gukko), Exo-Toa, Turaga Nuju, Turaga Vakama, Shadow Kraata, Axonn, Brutaka, Vezon & Fenrakk, Nocturn, ORANGE FIKOU.

I got rid of my picture, are you happy?

They are releasing them!? :o

Kind of makes owning one less special, aw maaan. :lol:

~|ET|~

I bet DeeVee is steaming right now, lmfao.

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

~|ET|~

I mean, a few months early is nice, right? :P

I, for one, am super glad this piece will see a somewhat wide release. It's an amazing part and it will be nice for everyone to have!

~|ET|~

I bet DeeVee is steaming right now.
:rolling eyes emoticon goes here: You know I am just one of like ten people in the community with them, right? Edited by DeeVee
  • Upvote 2

31399314352_5890b9b8a3_o.jpg

~|ET|~

I, for one, am super glad this piece will see a somewhat wide release. It's an amazing part and it will be nice for everyone to have!

Haha yeah it was.

The piece seriously is awesome - I like it a whole lot more than the transparent clear NYCC one. More people getting them is definitely a good thing.

~|ET|~

E-T... Phone home.

"He walks among us, but he is not one of us."

~|ET|~

Plus this will probably dampen the amount of people hounding you for one :P

Bfahome, looks like everyone's too caught up in the hype to think about your question. I'm not seeing any listing of contents for this promo pack, and unless I'm looking at it at completely the wrong angle, I'm not seeing the trans-orange Hau in the picture. It almost looks like a completely different mold....

Looking for VMKK, GPKK, SSKK, and a gold Kanoka. PM if you have / know of any for sale!

Wait...You actually have to go IN-STORE to get this promo?? You can't just buy stuff online?

Edited by Chasm

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

Wait...You actually have to go IN-STORE to get this promo?? You can't just buy stuff online?

you can get an exclusive "LEGO BIONICLE Hero Pack" for free at LEGO Stores or at online at the LEGO Shop

Oh, thanks. Wheeeew...Now I feel dumb.

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

Oh my gosh, that is so cool :D Finally the trans-orange Hau makes its way to the general public. I've been dying to see what it looks like in person, but more importantly, look at all those other goodies!! I love posters and stuff, I can't wait to get my hands on 'em. The skull spider isn't anything particularly special, right?

I'm marking my calendar for showing up at the LEGO Store (maybe more than one :P I've got a sibling after all) as soon as we find out when the U.S. promotion is.

Edited by Pomegranate

pomegranate-banner-sm.png .

@Nescent: saying it's "very clearly a trans-orange Hau" is a bit presumptuous. It's clearly trans-orange, but where is the iconic open-mouth design of the Hau? What's up with what looks to be ridge of spikes along the forehead?

It's obvious that LOGICALLY there's a high likelihood of it being a Hau, what with us having seen these in the hands of the select few. But looking at the blurry image provided, I think there's also a possibility of it being a completely new mask. Unless I'm the only one here who can't see that it's "CLEARLY a Hau". In that case, I'll cede my argument and my skepticism :P

Edited by takanuva1988

Looking for VMKK, GPKK, SSKK, and a gold Kanoka. PM if you have / know of any for sale!

@Nescent: saying it's "very clearly a trans-orange Hau" is a bit presumptuous. It's clearly trans-orange, but where is the iconic open-mouth design of the Hau? What's up with what looks to be ridge of spikes along the forehead?

It's obvious that LOGICALLY there's a high likelihood of it being a Hau, what with us having seen these in the hands of the select few. But looking at the blurry image provided, I think there's also a possibility of it being a completely new mask. Unless I'm the only one here who can't see that it's "CLEARLY a Hau". In that case, I'll cede my argument and my skepticism :P

You can see the vents on the sides of the mask.

I really hope you dont have to spend a silly amount to get it. If I didnt already have all the sets it wouldnt be to too bad. Hopefully its just with any Bionicle purchase, because it looks really neat.

Looks like you can get it with any purchase.

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^_^

I really hope you dont have to spend a silly amount to get it. If I didnt already have all the sets it wouldnt be to too bad. Hopefully its just with any Bionicle purchase, because it looks really neat.

Looks like you can get it with any purchase.

Sweet. Good to know. Probably just get another PoF so I can make a Takua custom. 

Signature Guidelines: Avatar and signature total file size may not exceed 250 KB!

Bfahome, looks like everyone's too caught up in the hype to think about your question. I'm not seeing any listing of contents for this promo pack, and unless I'm looking at it at completely the wrong angle, I'm not seeing the trans-orange Hau in the picture. It almost looks like a completely different mold....

The mold is undoubtedly a Hau.  What I was doubting is the idea that it's transparent orange.  Unless there's anything saying it is, all we have to go on is a small image that may not be as clear as we think.  And I don't see that as enough to merit a headline saying it's a trans-orange mask.

It is very clearly a trans-orange Hau, you can see it clearly in this video. I don't see why they would release a polybag with a pre-existing mask.

That video is just a still image and doesn't show anything that can't be seen on the store calendar.  The only difference is it's narrated, monetized, and likely to be taken as absolute truth by a fair number of people.

• Upvote 3

OpAXNpl.jpg

The mold is undoubtedly a Hau.  What I was doubting is the idea that it's transparent orange.  Unless there's anything saying it is, all we have to go on is a small image that may not be as clear as we think.  And I don't see that as enough to merit a headline saying it's a trans-orange mask.

If the lightning was off on the picture and that was the cause of it looking that way (which honestly sounds too unprofessional for something LEGO would do), the dark blue Skull Spider likely wouldn't look perfectly alright either.

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^_^

It is very clearly a trans-orange Hau, you can see it clearly in this video. I don't see why they would release a polybag with a pre-existing mask.

That video is just a still image and doesn't show anything that can't be seen on the store calendar.  The only difference is it's narrated, monetized, and likely to be taken as absolute truth by a fair number of people.

I just linked the video because it had a large image that made the mask easier to see.

IetTsFQ.png

Now we need a trans green gen 2 Miru.

They need to start giving those out at Legoland right now. :P  :P  :P

It has to be a Tahu Mask, because what else could it be? Lego polybag sets never contain new parts.

The artist formerly known as

ŜρЄЯ־GЄNіŜ־CЯЄŦ۞Я

BBC#69 Entry: Roodaka - Master of Manipulation

BFTGM entries: Zigben · Ventox · Deflecto

Hail Denmark.

If the lightning was off on the picture and that was the cause of it looking that way (which honestly sounds too unprofessional for something LEGO would do), the dark blue Skull Spider likely wouldn't look perfectly alright either.

Actually there's a good point in that.  The Skull Spider looks a bit lighter than my blue ones.  Given that it's partly set against the dark poster and pamphlet, the photo of the spider and mask could have been brightened after the fact so the spider stood out better.

The thing is it's difficult to tell at that size.  The Hau has like half the resolution of our avatars, plus compression artifacts.  It's really unclear.  Though I will say that DV's picture makes his look way, way more transparent than the promo one.

OpAXNpl.jpg

Well, cool, this will be a fun way to get this mask, instead of bribing a select few people who already got them. :P Hope it makes it to the states.

I get that there could be some uncertainty to this, but since we know this mask mold does actually exist, I think that helps things. Plus, Hero Factory did the one-off color of the brain leech thing in black for a promo back two years ago, so it's not necessarily unheard of that they would do a mold that wasn't previously available from the sets. So I'm hopeful for it. Plus, that keeps the trans clear one as a NYCC exclusive. :P

:music:

This is great news for us completionists :P What's the usual price requirement for this sort of giveaway? I saw a post earlier saying they may come with ANY purchase but how likely is that? What's the norm? I know all of the UK buyers got the free flower cart polybag when we bought the 2015 sets which required a £50 spend. I'd rather save my Lego fund for the Summer Bionicle wave than have to blow it early just to get one mask...

• Upvote 1

Check out my Bionicle store on Bricklink here!

> > > Bionic Bricks < < <

Let me know if you can help me find these last few collectibles!

Masks%20footer4_zpspqs4myrt.png

Also looking for WILD KRAATA and a VMKK Yo!!!

Given that we know Tr. Flu. Reddish-Orange Masks of Fire were produced, and that the mask in this picture does not appear to be regular red, I don't see what reason we have to be so skeptical about those two masks being one and the same. Anyway, I'm excited for this promotion! Hope it is in fact happening in the US, even if we end up having to wait a bit longer. The other contents of the pack also look interesting.

• Upvote 1