The Most Powerful Beings of G1?

I'm trying to put together a list of some of the most powerful beings of Generation 1 of Bionicle. Obviously, the Great Beings would be at the top, but where would Mata Nui, Makuta, Tren Krom, Annona, Karzahni, Artahka, or even Toa Ignika fall under that?

Keep in mind, I'm talking about Makuta's original body, and not when he was in giant-robot-of-destruction-mode. Also, I think it's really strange, considering Karzahni was easily taken down by... Velika, right? So would Artahka be as easy to kill for a Great Being? Can I get your opinions on this?

shadow_destroyer_banner.jpg
Thank you to the Dark Beings Banner and Avatar Shop for the banner! Brickshelf Gallery  BZPRPG Profiles 

I think it varies and depends on what you mean by most powerful. Tren Krom is extremely powerful, but was confined to an island away from everyone. Artakha kept to himself, but was also fairly powerful as he could teleport beings at will and create basically anything. Karzhani was only extremely powerful within his own realm. When he wasn't there he was just as powerful as a standard titan with a powerful Kanohi. All Makuta are powerful there is no denying that. And Mata Nui the being was far weaker. But Mata Nui the robot was the universe itself. So, if you ask me, the only truly powerful beings in the story were probably the Great Beings and Makuta. As for the Ignika, it was a fail safe created by the Great Beings. As a result, it was extremely powerful as well. Probably more so than the Great Beings or Makuta.

• Upvote 1

~Xeo~

How are you defining powerful, if you put the GBs at the top? They had no innate powers.

• Upvote 4

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

As bonesii said, power can be defined in multiple ways. Assuming you mean energy-related powers, I would say Artakha trumps everyone but the Mata Nui robot, as his telepathy could extend to all corners of the MU and his teleportation abilities could bypass the shields of Karda Nui. And there's also the powers given him by the legendary Mask of Creation. 

The Ignika, as it possesses a consciousness of its own, could also be considered a being. Given the range of its powers, I'd say that it also matches the criteria for most powerful (if you do consider it to be a "being," that is.)

The GBs themselves have very few, very limited powers of their own. Anything they might have on them is granted by their technology and inventiveness. Also, they've been hinted at as being something like over-evolved Glatorian, so they probably aren't too physically strong, either.

~Your friendly, neighborhood Shadow

sotpbanner.png

~Credit for Avatar and Banner goes to

NickonAquaMagna~

I'm probably going to broaden this conversation into power-related... power. 

If there's anyone that's powerful in this regard, it's the Makuta. They have access to 42 Rahkshi Powers and have evolved into a gaseous Antidermis state, which makes them much harder to kill. A handful of Order of Mata Nui members also have various powers. For example, Axonn can create energy blasts, use healing, harness stasis fields, and is mentally shielded. 

If we are judging power by elemental power, the Element Lords come on top. I'm pretty sure they're the winners of that argument.

So I think that this particular list is should be split into the categories of Elemental Powers, Powers, and Energy.

• Upvote 1

< -< =<o>= >- >

Ha! I tricked you into reading my signature!

< -< =<o>= >- >

Surprised I haven't heard Voporak yet. He's the only known person in the universe to be able to control time naturally, so there's that.

Not quite. He can sense time shifts and activate a field of ageing. Beyond that his powers are limited since he can only use them upclose. His Rhotuka only affects your perspective of time. I.E. you see a hour pass by as if it were a minute but its only been a hour truly.

Guess his Rhotuka is time flies when your having fun personified. 

• Upvote 2

Bionicle is amazing.

Legends Never Die!

How are you defining powerful, if you put the GBs at the top? They had no innate powers.

Seriously? I seem to remember reading a serial where Angonce used some weird mental powers on someone. I can't find it anywhere on the bionicle wiki page on him though. Hmm...  :notsure:

Also, I was determining powerful by a mixture of brains, powers, and strength. 

Edited by Shadow Destroyer

Thank you to the Dark Beings Banner and Avatar Shop for the banner! Brickshelf Gallery  BZPRPG Profiles 

Seriously? I seem to remember reading a serial where Angonce used some weird mental powers on someone. I can't find it anywhere on the bionicle wiki page on him though. Hmm...  :notsure:

He was believed to have given the female Skrall their psionic powers, but it was later revealed to have been the creature Annona. 

Also, TBW is not exactly reliable, so don't trust anything on there that disagrees with BS01.  B-)

Edited by ~T1S~
  • Upvote 1

sotpbanner.png

NickonAquaMagna~

Seriously? I seem to remember reading a serial where Angonce used some weird mental powers on someone.

This is what's called an "unreliable narrator".  The Sisters of the Skrall, who had immense psionic power, believed it was given to them by Angonce.  However, in actuality, it was another being, older than the GBs, called Annona, who later made them her mind slaves before disappearing and taking away their powers.

Edit: Ninja'd.

Edited by DuplexBeGreat
  • Upvote 1

idk man

He was believed to have given the female Skrall their psionic powers, but it was later revealed to have been the creature Annona. 

Oh ok, that might be what I was getting confused about...

Some powerful entities:

The Makuta, Anyone in a Great Spirit Robot, Bahrag, Toa Nuva, Voporak (his shield specifically), Brutaka, Axonn, Tren Krom, Annona, Ignika.

Order them how you will.

Tahu; Hau (x) Pakari (x) Kakama (x) Miru (x) Akaku (x) Kaukau (x). Lewa; Hau (x) Pakari (x) Kakama (x) Miru (x) Akaku (x) Kaukau (x). Onua; Hau (x) Pakari (x) Kakama (x) Miru (x) Akaku (x) Kaukau (x). Kopaka; Hau (x) Pakari (x) Kakama (x) Miru (x) Akaku (x) Kaukau (x). Pohatu; Hau (x) Pakari (x) Kakama (x) Miru (x) Akaku (x) Kaukau (x). Gali; Hau (x) Pakari (x) Kakama (x) Miru (x) Akaku (x) Kaukau (x). 

Vakama; Huna (x) Ruru (x) Komau (x) Mahiki (x) Matatu (x) Rau (x). Matau; Huna (x) Ruru (x) Komau (x) Mahiki (x) Matatu (x) Rau (x). Whenua; Huna (x) Ruru (x) Komau (x) Mahiki (x) Matatu (x) Rau (x). Nuju; Huna (x) Ruru (x) Komau (x) Mahiki (x) Matatu (x) Rau (x). Onewa; Huna (x) Ruru (x) Komau (x) Mahiki (x) Matatu (x) Rau (x). Nokama; Huna (x) Ruru (x) Komau (x) Mahiki (x) Matatu (x) Rau (x). 
Matoran; Hau (x) Pakari (x) Kakama (x) Miru (x) Akaku (x) Huna (x) 
Rahi; Infected Hau (x) Huna (x) Kakama (x) Komau (x) Pakari (x) Ruru ()

Promotional Kanohi - Vahi (x) Chrome Hau (x) Ruru (x) TNGM (x) Copper Huna (x) Copper Komau ()

An (x) means I have, a () means I dont.

I am surprised no one has mentioned the Skakdi-Fusion/Golden-Skinned-Being (Or 'Tserkoura', as I call him in my head). I mean, physical realization of dreams and matter manipulation? Holy crappoleon that is powerful!

• Upvote 2

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

We are all but grey specks in a dark complex before a single white light

Actually, what I am surprised about is the Toa Nuva. They seem pretty weak compared to a lot of the characters mentioned above yet Greg constantly tells us that they are some of the most powerful beings in the Universe. If that's the case, then characters like Artakha, Tren Krom, Makuta must be OP

-NotS

• Upvote 1

tahubanner.jpg

I don't think he's on top, but I'd through the Shadowed One into the mix, because he is at least powerful enough to challenge a Makuta.

But, like other have said, there are different ways to define power. Also, are you only asking for sentient beings, or would Rahi, such as the Kardas Dragon, count? What about intelligent creatures, such as Tahtorak?

Edited by V-N
  • Upvote 1
"What we see depends mainly on what we look for" -John Lubbock

Actually, what I am surprised about is the Toa Nuva. They seem pretty weak compared to a lot of the characters mentioned above yet Greg constantly tells us that they are some of the most powerful beings in the Universe. If that's the case, then characters like Artakha, Tren Krom, Makuta must be OP

-NotS

While those beings may have more powers or abilities than the Nuva, the Nuva themselves might be pretty close to the maximum power level of their species (Matoran/Toa/Turaga), and since most beings in-universe are a one-on-one match for a normal Toa, the Nuva must be more powerful than a Skakdi, Ehlekian, Vortixx, Sidorak species and many DH. The Makuta are designed to deal with Rahi that could in some cases overpower entire teams of Toa, and it's hardly fair to include legendary beings in the comparison, when they're unique.

Question: has anyone asked Greg if the Toa Mata were the only Toa with the 'Nuva' destiny, or if other Toa could achieve a similar power level through similar methods?

:r: :e: :g: :i: :t: :n: :u: :i:

Elemental Rahi in Gen2, anyone? A write-up for an initial video for a G2 plot

I really wish everyone would stop trying to play join the dots with Gen 1 and Gen 2 though,it seems there's a couple new threads everyday and often they're duplicates of already existing conversations! Or simply parallel them with a slightly new 'twist'! Gen 2 is NEW, it is NOT Gen 1 and it is NOT a continuation. Outside of the characters we already have I personally don't want to see ANY old characters return. I think it will cheapen the whole experience to those of us familiar with the original line...

-NotS

While those beings may have more powers or abilities than the Nuva, the Nuva themselves might be pretty close to the maximum power level of their species (Matoran/Toa/Turaga), and since most beings in-universe are a one-on-one match for a normal Toa, the Nuva must be more powerful than a Skakdi, Ehlekian, Vortixx, Sidorak species and many DH. The Makuta are designed to deal with Rahi that could in some cases overpower entire teams of Toa, and it's hardly fair to include legendary beings in the comparison, when they're unique.

Question: has anyone asked Greg if the Toa Mata were the only Toa with the 'Nuva' destiny, or if other Toa could achieve a similar power level through similar methods?

The Toa Nuva are the most powerful Toa in the universe, not beings overall. Other species, like the Makuta, easily are much more powerful.

Someone did, a long time back. So far, only the six we've seen had that destiny. Others could, yes, but it just hasn't happened. And with all the EP either lost or destroyed, it's not likely to happen.

sotpbanner.png

NickonAquaMagna~

Of the Makuta, I believe it was said that Icarax was physically more powerful than Teridax, so it's between him and Miserix as the most physically powerful Makuta.

But seeing how Teridax could out smart David Xanatos Icarax would never be able to lay a finger on him. Funny that Teridax who was seen as a brute by the Matoran yet he was far more than that.

Hmm my top five.

1. Mata Nui

2. Tren Krom

3. Artakah

4. Makuta Teridax

5. Toa Nuva (individually together they are at the same level as Artakah.)

Bionicle is amazing.

Legends Never Die!

This is my list: 

1. Mata Nui (in the giant robot body)
  2. Teridax (in the giant robot body)
  3. Mata Nui (in the unstable giant robot body)
  4.  Teridax/Mata Nui (w/ the Ignika)
  5. Miserix 
  6. Other Makuta
  7. Toa Nuva
  8. Toa Ignika

I'd put the Great Beings as the most powerful, but they haven't really shown any impressive feats besides actually building the Giant Robots.

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

I'd put the Great Beings as the most powerful, but they haven't really shown any impressive feats besides actually building the Giant Robots.

Technically, they had Agori, Matoran, and various machines build those. :P The GBs just drew up the plans and set their constructive armies to work.

sotpbanner.png

NickonAquaMagna~

-NotS

The Toa Nuva are the most powerful Toa in the universe, not beings overall. Other species, like the Makuta, easily are much more powerful.

Well, that's what I said. The Makuta were designed to create and control Rahi like the Manas, which can overpower a Kaita. Of course they're stronger than the Nuva. Artakha, Karzahni and many other unique beings are strong because there's only one of them.

Someone did, a long time back. So far, only the six we've seen had that destiny. Others could, yes, but it just hasn't happened. And with all the EP either lost or destroyed, it's not likely to happen.

Interesting....

:r: :e: :g: :i: :t: :n: :u: :i:

Elemental Rahi in Gen2, anyone? A write-up for an initial video for a G2 plot

I really wish everyone would stop trying to play join the dots with Gen 1 and Gen 2 though,it seems there's a couple new threads everyday and often they're duplicates of already existing conversations! Or simply parallel them with a slightly new 'twist'! Gen 2 is NEW, it is NOT Gen 1 and it is NOT a continuation. Outside of the characters we already have I personally don't want to see ANY old characters return. I think it will cheapen the whole experience to those of us familiar with the original line...

I don't think he's on top, but I'd through the Shadowed One into the mix, because he is at least powerful enough to challenge a Makuta.

But, like other have said, there are different ways to define power. Also, are you only asking for sentient beings, or would Rahi, such as the Kardas Dragon, count? What about intelligent creatures, such as Tahtorak?

I agree with you about the Shadowed One.

About the Rahi: Although I feel as if Krahka/Kanohi Dragon/Tahtorak/Kardas Dragon are all powerful Rahi, they could still be easily brought down by Tren Krom, or someone like the Golden Skinned being.

Technically, they had Agori, Matoran, and various machines build those. :P The GBs just drew up the plans and set their constructive armies to work.

Well, yeah. But they haven't been shown doing anything impressive in terms of power. Though, one could argue about their intelligence, which would make them immensely powerful. 

Edited by Chasm

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

I disagree. The canon seems very unclear, for the most part, with regards to exactly how the GB's made their creations (I know Agori laborers did much of the physical labor), but considering the vast complexity, supernatural qualities, and life their creations have, it seems unlikely that they are mere mortals with genius minds and big ambitions. There's clearly some element of supernatural power going into their work.

If nothing else, the insane great being has control over temporal space which is straight from the text. I'd call that an innate power.

Would you count the Red Star as a being? Since it is bio-mechanical.. and having the ability to bring anyone/anything back to life seems like it could be abused beyond a fail-safe (when it was functioning, anyway). Makes me wonder if it does have a consciousness.

Most powerful entity would likely be the Mata Nui robot. That's a true planet buster. 

Most powerful species in the MU would be the Makuta with probably Miserix or Teridax or Icarax at the top of the food chain in terms of combat prowess.

Most powerful Toa would be Tahu, who has Makuta powers. 

Most powerful elemental power are the element lords. 

And of course we have the golden being, anona, and the likes

Most powerful entity would likely be the Mata Nui robot. That's a true planet buster. 

Most powerful species in the MU would be the Makuta with probably Miserix or Teridax or Icarax at the top of the food chain in terms of combat prowess.

I think this is the most accurate list here.

In addition to the names above, Vaporak definitely deserves a mention, as another member has pointed out.

I think the Great Beings are very weak in comparison to their creations, actually.

Edited by toa kopaka4372

toakopaka.png
Credit goes to Linus Van Pelt (Formerly known as Cherixon) and Spectral Avohkii Enterprises

My Memoirs of the Dead entry, Reflectons:

http://www.bzpower.com/board/index.php?showtopic=7351

Makuta Teridax is the most powerful being; none even rival him. For one he is a makuta and possessing 42-kraata powers, all makuta are incredibly powerful. Second, he is mentally head and shoulders above the rest, which is a factor that appears to have been ignored by the previous posts.

Mata Nui is actually rather low on the power list by comparison. He may have gravity-control powers and control over the inside of his body, but there are several limiting factors. He has shown himself of to be rather ignorant of most happenings within his body and since he needs to have multitudes of beings inside of him and since intelligence and awareness are pretty big factors in determining the power of a being, he is not as powerful as he first appears; being big and all, which is really all he has going for him. He also cannot really be considered for a powerful being because again, he needs many beings inside his body to function and is rather useless on his own. He is more of the culmination and leader of a society he is willfully ignorant of.

The Great Beings have shown themselves to be powerful in the engineering respect, but we have to remember that there were many more than one. Alone, it is likely that that one would have failed miserably at his/her mission. Since that is the only reason why they are considered powerful, the reality is that individually they are not powerful at all.

The Toa Nuva should probably not be considered among the most powerful beings. After all, the Piraka clearly and thoroughly whooped them while a team of newly created and inexperienced Toa were able to defeat the Skakdi.

I do not have enough time to comment on the others or clean up the current ones, but it is clear that no being even comes remotely close to Teridax.

EDIT:

I take back what I said above. Really, something as abstract as power is unequivical from one being to the next. Power is a qualitative measure rather than a quantitative, meaning that it cannot be logically compared to something else. Case and point, Alexander the Great originally started as someone with what would be considered very little power compared to the rest of the world. And yet, who ended up ruling the world? Power comes in so many different forms and its effectiveness can be altered by so many different factors that a power ranking system is nigh impossible to create. Perhaps it would be wiser and more fruitful to list BIONICLE's most legendary figures but without ranking one to be more legendary than the other.  

Edited by RahiSpeak
  • Upvote 1

Eh...I guess your right. Though, Makuta had to charge the gravity power within his hand in order to do the feat in the robot (which he ultimately didn't do). 

Edited by The Bone-Snatcher

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

That makes sense. Still, it kind of sucks that they go up against way stronger villains all the time. Definitely undermines that aspect of them.

-NotS

And if they constantly beat up every foe they faced on the first try? They'd get boring really fast.

"Oh, what are these weird smiling freaks? Guess we'd better beat them up." 10 minutes later. "Oh, we won. Makes sense, since we're the most powerful Toa in the universe!"

"Oh, look at these uber-powerful Makuta! Guess we'd better beat them up." 10 minutes later. "Oh, we won. Makes sense, since we're the most powerful Toa in the universe!"

See what I mean? If they always win, then it undermines the conflict.

sotpbanner.png

NickonAquaMagna~

Hmmm....pretty much anyone at the end of the serials, or mostly everyone in the control room under Metru nui.

audio_narration_project_banner_wide.jpg

Bionicle: ANP aims to create narrated versions of all the Bionicle books, with voice actors for each character, and music taken from various media to enhance the story. Check here if you're interested in voicing a character, and here for the chapters that've already been released!

Formerly: Tahu Nuva 3.0

Looking for a Bionicle Beanie. Black one with the symbol on it. Contact me if you are willing to sell

And if they constantly beat up every foe they faced on the first try? They'd get boring really fast.

"Oh, what are these weird smiling freaks? Guess we'd better beat them up." 10 minutes later. "Oh, we won. Makes sense, since we're the most powerful Toa in the universe!"

"Oh, look at these uber-powerful Makuta! Guess we'd better beat them up." 10 minutes later. "Oh, we won. Makes sense, since we're the most powerful Toa in the universe!"

True, but I feel like the Toa Nuva just got overpowered immensely every single year, and as a result we never got to see the extent of their strength. 

2003 - Bohrok Kal steal their powers, so we don't get to see much of their abilities, and the Rahkshi defeat a Toa in single combat and only their unity can stop them (which isn't a bad thing, I liked that a lot).

2006 - They get their butts completely handed to them by the Piraka and Brutaka (no redemption this year).

2008 - They never really get the upper hand on the Makuta because they are so dang powerful.

It makes sense to have that kind of conflict, but when the Nuva never really show off how powerful they are it really undermines the fact that they are supposed to be the strongest Toa team ever.

-NotS

• Upvote 3

tahubanner.jpg

True, but I feel like the Toa Nuva just got overpowered immensely every single year, and as a result we never got to see the extent of their strength. 

2003 - Bohrok Kal steal their powers, so we don't get to see much of their abilities, and the Rahkshi defeat a Toa in single combat and only their unity can stop them (which isn't a bad thing, I liked that a lot).

2006 - They get their butts completely handed to them by the Piraka and Brutaka (no redemption this year).

2008 - They never really get the upper hand on the Makuta because they are so dang powerful.

It makes sense to have that kind of conflict, but when the Nuva never really show off how powerful they are it really undermines the fact that they are supposed to be the strongest Toa team ever.

-NotS

2003 was a team-building exercise, and that made them overconfident in the face of the Rahkshi.

2006 made sense, because they'd never dealt with Skakdi, and the Turaga knew nothing of the Piraka's involvement, so they didn't know what to expect. And Brutaka's pretty dang powerful to begin with. Six Piraka allied with Brutaka on antidermis/steroids and the fact that they were completely unknown to the Nuva made perfect sense.

2008 also made sense because one Makuta (Teridax) overpowered them as a team before. This time, they were up against a team of Makuta. If Teridax gave them a hard time, then 8 Makuta banded together would be more than enough to decimate the Nuva.

sotpbanner.png

NickonAquaMagna~

For innate power, I'd say Teridax while possessing Mata Nui's body. You could argue that he and Mata Nui were on the same level at the height of their power but Mata Nui never really did anything. He just flew around space and ignored everything happening internally. Teridax, however, was actively more dangerous, both internal and external. Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe he still had access to his 42 kraata powers.

That said, I'd say the great beings are the most powerful that we know of. True, they probably lack any super powers but think about how much they created. They made the Mata Nui robot. They invented elemental powers. Heck, they practically invented every power. They forged the Ignika, a mask that can create and control life itself. Even if they are as strong as wet tissue paper, they could still blow up the planet if they felt like it. Again.

• Upvote 1

Remember Artwork III?

It was the best of times.

It was the worst of times.