First Nuremberg Toy Fair Pictures Surface

tn_15_01_27_nuremberg-toy-fair-first-pic

Nuremberg Toy Fair runs from Wednesday to Sunday but first pictures are already surfacing. There are no BIONICLE summer set pictures yet but we get a glimpse at Minecraft, Technic, Creator, Ninjago, Elves, Friends, City and Mixels. Brickset has posted a selection and will keep us up-to-date as more pictures start trickling in but you can also see all pictures of the original source on their Flickr or Instagram. Just keep in mind you'll have to filter out the summer sets amidst the plethora of pictures that also include winter sets and other toys altogether but thankfully Brickset is taking care of that in their articles. The Brick Fan is even compiling additional pictures posted via Twitter for their coverage. Stay tuned for more!

View the full article

• Upvote 1

I love that you used Wuzzo for the article photo!

Those Mixels look great. Especially the purple ones. The fact that the Wiztastics only used one shade of purple really bothered me.

Same here. Still, it looks like lavender is lacking a bit on Berp and Vaka-Waka... which kinda upsets me. Save us, Snax!

"We didn't lose the battle. Today, we just lost the fight." -Lloyd Garmadon
ninjago-green-ninja.jpg
Avid collector of LEGO for many, many years. Feel free to private message me, or email me at greenninjaatcp@gmail.com, and I'll be happy to help. A ninja never quits!

Visit the Mixels Wiki! http://www.mixels.wikia.com

that huge Earth Blue/Spring Yellowish Green dragon is gorgeous

Okay, wait a sec. Is all that greenish color SYG or glow-in-the-dark? For some reason, I thought it was the latter and got really excited--but either way it's a color I don't have much of, so it's a win-win, I guess.

I'm pretty sure it's SYG; last I checked, the current GITD color was much whiter in hue.

Zisteau looks good, and the Blaze looks pretty excellent in terms of design.

Thanks to this gallery, we have our first non-leaked summer BIONICLE image!

Toa masks blended with gold and transparent colors!

Spooky glowy bad guys!

EKIMU HIMSELF!

NICE.

Weren't there supposed to be cloaks? Awesome either way, I'm glad we finally get a mask of creation

Mantax can win connect four in three moves.

Zisteau looks good, and the Blaze looks pretty excellent in terms of design.

Spooky glowy bad guys!

EKIMU HIMSELF!

NICE.

Weren't there supposed to be cloaks? Awesome either way, I'm glad we finally get a mask of creation

No, some people who saw the sets said they included a "cloth-like" piece. This turned out to be kind of a really bad descriptor. They were almost definitely referring to the new cladding piece the villains use.

• Upvote 3

AXKP5KC.png

that huge Earth Blue/Spring Yellowish Green dragon is gorgeous

Okay, wait a sec. Is all that greenish color SYG or glow-in-the-dark? For some reason, I thought it was the latter and got really excited--but either way it's a color I don't have much of, so it's a win-win, I guess.

I'm pretty sure it's SYG; last I checked, the current GITD color was much whiter in hue.

I think the sets actually use both. On Grima the dragon, the HF claw pieces in particular look like they might be White Glow. But a lot of the other parts look like Spring Yellowish Green.

Anyway, the sets look great! The Bionicle sets look much better than the leaked prelims which had been making the rounds (which people should keep in mind next go-round, since that's literally always the case). It's great to see Lego City branching out more (here's hoping subthemes like the Diving theme this year or last year's Arctic sets might find their way into a Lego City: Undercover sequel in a few years!). The Friends sets are much better than I expected—while a bit more glamour-focused than previous waves, the sets themselves look amazing and very unique! The Elves sets look incredible as well, and I might very well end up getting every single set from that theme! Ninjago also looks to be doing amazing things (New Destiny's Bounty! TWO new dragons!). And while we've still seen relatively few Mixels pics, that construction Mixel looks AMAZING and I can't wait to see what his other tribemates look like!

Edited by Lyichir

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

Spooky glowy bad guys!

EKIMU HIMSELF!

I was wonder if I wanted to get the summer wave of Bionicle sets. This photo confirms that I will. :P I can't wait to get those trans-color masks and the Mask of Creation!

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

Wow! New sets look interesting, to say the least.  Can't wait for better photos tomorrow!

Also - Trans-Neon Green Miru lives!

• Upvote 1

sqtd1i.png

^               Often lurking, occasionally writing about sets on BS01.                     

L     This link is a bit old, but there's still some good info about combiners there.

I'm not going to lie, I saw that navy blue jet, and...man, this is love. That's all I want, Bionicle and Scooby Doo are now secondary. Oh man, it's beautiful!

But on the topic of Bionicle...I assume they're supposed to look bare and skeletal, so I'll withhold judgement until there are better pictures. But I definitely like the poisoned masks, the green rani thing, and...is it Ekimu? I love it! And the Mask of Creation!

I also love that spaceport is back, but I wish it had fewer bulky pieces. I'm also liking the Lego City divers sets, and...basically everything. I'm legit psyched about Elves.

=)

Edited by Space: Ocean of Awe

"Baby, in the final analyses, love is power. That's where the power's at."

Tumblr

Twitter

Wattpad

Such a shame the guy only took one picture but I guess we should be happy to get any at all right?!

The masks are kind of cool and I imagine they MUST be story related. They seem to be poisoned versions of the golden masks so I think it's safe to assume our Masters will be weakened again at some point in the near future. Of course this is a good way to stop the enemies becoming too over-powered too fast as it essentially means these Skull-foes only need to be half as strong as the new Toa to be challenging. This year's Winter waves (if we get more new enemies) can then be full power and it'll stay balanced as the gold masks will have been restored by then!

Interesting to note that neither Tahu, nor Gali seem to be getting an infected variant, that's something I'm really not happy about at all. Bionicle has always been released very logically and in full waves. Having the LoSS released prior to the other 5 villains means he came without the infected mask he could've been packaged with if sold with the Summer sets. Also the Skull Gridner including the MoC (ultimately a good thing!) also means that set doesn't have an infected mask either.

When will we get those two missing ones to complete our set? Seems like a glaring omission and will really limit playability as now Tahu, the leader (and probablyfavourite with a great many fans!) can't be infected. We coulduse the trans orange I gues sbut it'snot really the same.

Also, it IS a shame to see one of the canister villans reusing a pre-existing SS mask but it's still possible it's a new mold I guess. This phot is not particularly detailed after all. Why on earth did we not get more than one?...

Check out my Bionicle store on Bricklink here!

> > > Bionic Bricks < < <

Let me know if you can help me find these last few collectibles!

Masks%20footer4_zpspqs4myrt.png

Also looking for WILD KRAATA and a VMKK Yo!!!

Thank goodness those bad guys look 10x better than the leaked pre-lim photos. Definitely liking the skeletal look. The scorpion is kind of meh, but the others look DOPE.

Def getting the Ekimu vs Skull Grinder set first.

Ooh, blended masks!! Perhaps they are infected as @Munty suggests. That's a nifty a plot device, despite how it leaves 2 Toa UNinfected.

All in all, pretty happy with everything so far. Can't wait for better pics.

Edited by Toa Kohron

One thing I found intriguing is that it was said that Ekimu and Makuta were left in endless slumbers. If that's the case, then how did Ekimu get up? Still, though, an Ekimu model is much welcomed, as is the mask of creation.  Overall I really do enjoy the 2015 Summer lineup.  The thin limbs are an odd choice, but considering that they're skeletal I can forgive that.

Edited by Moku

BZPRPG Profiles

Nekka  Banar  Moku  Savok

One thing I found intriguing is that it was said that Ekimu and Makuta were left in endless slumbers. If that's the case, then how did Ekimu get up? Still, though, an Ekimu model is much welcomed, as is the mask of creation.  Overall I really do enjoy the 2015 Summer lineup.  The thin limbs are an odd choice, but considering that they're skeletal I can forgive that.

One of the videos (possibly the prophecy) states that the Toa must recover their golden masks and then unite them to wake Ekimu. So I guess that'll be the answer to this particular question!

I really don't like the idea of us only getting 4 'infected masks' (if that's what they are) because they're story-telling devices. If this is the case, what about people who want to actually play with their sets outside of the confines of the actual story? What about kids who want the otehr Toa to be infected?

• Upvote 1

Check out my Bionicle store on Bricklink here!

> > > Bionic Bricks < < <

Let me know if you can help me find these last few collectibles!

Masks%20footer4_zpspqs4myrt.png

Also looking for WILD KRAATA and a VMKK Yo!!!

One of the videos (possibly the prophecy) states that the Toa must recover their golden masks and then unite them to wake Ekimu. So I guess that'll be the answer to this particular question!

I really don't like the idea of us only getting 4 'infected masks' (if that's what they are) because they're story-telling devices. If this is the case, what about people who want to actually play with their sets outside of the confines of the actual story? What about kids who want the otehr Toa to be infected?

I think it's too early to rule out the other two masks (which seem almost more "powered up" than "infected") appearing down the line. Frankly, Tahu's mask is one of the most iconic so it would be bizarre if it failed to show in the summer wave. And there's still the chance that it and Gali's might appear in store-exclusive sets or promotional items, neither of which would be displayed at Toy Fair.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

I think it's too early to rule out the other two masks (which seem almost more "powered up" than "infected") appearing down the line. Frankly, Tahu's mask is one of the most iconic so it would be bizarre if it failed to show in the summer wave. And there's still the chance that it and Gali's might appear in store-exclusive sets or promotional items, neither of which would be displayed at Toy Fair.

Tahu's old mask is one of the most iconic, I'm not really sure about his current one.

Also, man, that red Ninjago flying sailship thing looks really cool.

Tahu's old mask is one of the most iconic, I'm not really sure about his current one.

Also, man, that red Ninjago flying sailship thing looks really cool.

I'm pretty sure Lyi was referring to it as "one of the most iconic" of the CURRENT masks, not of all masks ever.

Is it, though? I haven't really seen any intention of it being so.

Yes, it and Tahu have been given a lot of attention in marketing and promotions. There are already two promotional versions of the Mask of Fire, and Tahu appears front and center in various ads. The only mask that's been more prominent from a marketing standpoint is the Mask of Creation, which doesn't appear in sets until the summer.

• Upvote 2