G2 new Multi-Colored Gold Mask Theories

My theory barely has any solid evidence, but as of now I perceive it to be the most likely theory, in my opinion.

Why, particularly? Both the "Stolen Masks" and "Weak/Strong Copy" theory are more evidenced. Why would the Protectors transform into monstrous creatures? Skull slicer, fair enough. Skull basher has an extra pair of limbs, and Skull Scorpio is a bug.

:r: :e: :g: :i: :t: :n: :u: :i:

Elemental Rahi in Gen2, anyone? A write-up for an initial video for a G2 plot

I really wish everyone would stop trying to play join the dots with Gen 1 and Gen 2 though,it seems there's a couple new threads everyday and often they're duplicates of already existing conversations! Or simply parallel them with a slightly new 'twist'! Gen 2 is NEW, it is NOT Gen 1 and it is NOT a continuation. Outside of the characters we already have I personally don't want to see ANY old characters return. I think it will cheapen the whole experience to those of us familiar with the original line...

I have a new theory as to the story significance and function of the new blended Toa masks.

Amazon recently put up a page for the upcoming chapter book, with the following plot summary:

"The hit LEGO® BIONICLE series returns with an all-new, never-before-seen adventure! This novel presents a tale of epic proportions, set on a mysterious island where the masters of elements called Toa fight for powerful masks that can be used for good, or evil..."

Obviously this is a placeholder and is more relevant to the overall story than to that first chapter book in particular. But the last bit in particular struck me as interesting. "...powerful masks that can be used for good, or evil..." That suggests that not only are Makuta's forces trying to keep the Toa from obtaining their golden masks, but that they might actually be trying to obtain and use those masks for themselves.

What if the blended masks actually represent the golden masks, stolen by the Skull Villains? After all, the transparent colors used in them match their respective sets, and it would make sense for the "bonus masks" of those sets to actually be worn by those characters in-story. The Skull Villains stealing the masks would be similar to when the Nuva symbols were stolen by the Bohrok Kal—the Toa get a taste of greater power, only to have it stolen from them immediately afterward so that they're forced to rely on their resourcefulness and teamwork against more powerful foes, rather than using that power as a crutch.

• Upvote 1

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

The "powerful masks that can be used for good, or evil" could equally just refer to the three special masks which we already know are being sought by bad guys.

I agree though that the skull villains stealing the masks seems most likely. After all, the box art shows the masks being snatched away from Toa hands (or something along those lines). As I mentioned before, there is no story inconsistency for there being only four blended Toa masks if they are worn by the villains rather than the Toa.

Personally, I hope that the Toa lose the gold masks permanently, and have to learn to master their basic masks. It's not impossible that the basic masks have 2001-style powers yet to be learnt/remembered, which could form part of the books or 2016 storyline. Or the gold masks were only needed to "unlock" full control/knowledge of their element (similar to what would happen if a Toa in G1 used a Kanohi of [their element], eg. Takanuva, kinda ;)), and after that they are unnecessary.

Aesthetically, I feel the Toa look better in their basic masks - they were clearly designed to look the most cohesive (and iconic?) when wearing their signature colour. Plus I feel that if they wore gold masks from now onwards it would devalue gold as meaning "unusually powerful" and would leave less room for power-increases in the future.

Edited by Xelphene
  • Upvote 1
:v: :m_o: :t: :u: :k: :m_o: