What are your ideal Bionicle video games for the Bionicle reboot serie

Spiffy247

I want to know what your ideal Bionicle reboot games for the different systems? I want to know the didfferent kinds for the different systems. I want you to come up with games for the different system. They are arranged like this:

Handhelds (PS Vita and 3DS)

Wii U

home consoles (Playstation 4) and Xbox One)

I want you to pick a genre, how the game works, and how they use the types of hardware. You can list the character or characters you can play as, if it has online, all that stuff. I will post my complete ideas later.

A fish wielding vampire. That's Spiffy.

A console game for next gen and last gen similar to the system LEGO games with an open world hub as an explorable Okoto and a fun although likely simpler version of God of War style hack and slash combat, and plenty of characters to unlock like the gen1 versions of the Toa. I want a game that stays true to the adventure, story, and lore of Bionicle but that plays and feels like the LEGO Star Wars, LEGO Lord of the Rings, LEGO Marvel Superheroes and LEGO Batman games but with constraction characters as opposed to minifigs. I honestly don't see why it couldn't be done and I really do hope we get something along these lines. I also have no problem whatsoever with mixing constraction and system to make awesome smash-able objects and scenery. I could easily see those massive stone obelisks-- shown in concept art and packaging-- made out out lots of grey bricks.

• Upvote 1

10331959915_9f4d0b34c7.jpg
"Avengers? Fantastic Four? X-Dudes? They can all kiss my bony, flammable plastic."- Johnathan Blaze (Ghost Rider Vol 7 0.1)

For PC and Mac, I'd like an action game with strong RPG elements. I imagine a lot of people will say "2015 MNOG," but I don't think that would work so well for Gen 2. It's obviously totally action-oriented; that is reflected in all the art and music. A game that is centered around combat, but that allows you to aimlessly explore and learn about the island and its inhabitants, is what I would like to see.

Another idea is a browser game similar to Farmville. It would be a great way to get immersed into the island, as a 2D village farmer, and you could learn a lot about the flora of Okoto. You could also choose what type of villager you want to be (Stone, Earth, etc.) and your farm would be in that region!

And my personal favorite: "Quest for the Golden Masks." This would work on any platform, but would probably be best for mobile devices. You play as a Protector, defending a gold mask, and a few seconds into the game you begin to lose to the Skull Spiders. Then the Toa shows up and takes all of your armor and weapons, and leaves to fight the LoSS. I think that could be a great way to learn more about how the Toa get their masks, and maybe we could get yet another set of "get the mask" comics based on the game!

IetTsFQ.png

Personally, I'd like a first person type of game, where you pick your Toa and have to go through an action packed linear level to find your golden mask and fight the LOSS at the end. Your Protector would be right there with you, kind of like the AI allies from the Call of Duty series. However, these Protectors are smart and know when to engage in combat and when not to. There would be special dialogue and fully rendered CGI cut scenes using the sets. There would be an awesome voice cast and Gali would have the perfect voice actress. 

You get to upgrade your Toa with different armor and past weapons from past teams, kind of like Bionicle Heroes. You fight Skull Spiders and each Toa has their own environment with special features. Tahu has lava surfing segments in his levels, while Gali has to outswim a massive shark-like monster in one part.

I get excited just thinking about it! It could be for both gens and the handhelds and would be a great game!

Edited by Blueblur21

Lara Croft

Tomb Raider Cliff Climbing

My ideal Bionicle reboot games would be a game similar to the Lego Marvel Super Hero and Lego Batman games, but with constration figures instead of minifigures. It would be an extended version of the story so far, with some added parts. The Toa and perhaps the Protectors would get upgrades at the cost of some money, like the Bionicle Heroes game. I would want the reboot game to come as a Wii U version.

Another game would be a version of either Mata Nui Online Game, Mata Nui Online Game 2, or Voya Nui Online Game, and it would based on the reboot as it takes place on Okoto. In there, you could play as either a Toa or a Protector. I would call the game Okoto Online Game, or OOG for short.:)

Edited by Lenny7092

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)

A third person action/adventure, hack'n'slash game (of course, with RPG elements). The app has the right idea - now develop that into a full-fledged retail game packed with content and really fun gameplay. Boom, that's my perfect Bionicle game. Of course, it has to have a lot of emphasis on exploration as well.

-NotS

• Upvote 2

tahubanner.jpg

A console game for next gen and last gen similar to the system LEGO games with an open world hub as an explorable Okoto and a fun although likely simpler version of God of War style hack and slash combat, and plenty of characters to unlock like the gen1 versions of the Toa. I want a game that stays true to the adventure, story, and lore of Bionicle but that plays and feels like the LEGO Star Wars, LEGO Lord of the Rings, LEGO Marvel Superheroes and LEGO Batman games but with constraction characters as opposed to minifigs. I honestly don't see why it couldn't be done and I really do hope we get something along these lines. I also have no problem whatsoever with mixing constraction and system to make awesome smash-able objects and scenery. I could easily see those massive stone obelisks-- shown in concept art and packaging-- made out out lots of grey bricks.

/\ /\ This. I would like to see it very accessible- X360, X1, PS4, PS3, WU, W, 3DS, PC, MAC… The list goes on.

cringe

Well I remember playing a game where you created your own Matoran and named them prior to starting the game. Unlike MNOG where you are forced to play Takua here you could play your own created character. Much like most of the lego based game releases that follow the preset story but does not lock you into using a specific character. My Lego starwars that spans all 6 movies comes to mind. I enjoyed making my own Jedi or bounty hunter character and playing through the levels with it. This should hold true for any Lego brand based game...

Now being 3rd or 1st person can be up in the air if not interchangeable if desired. Though harder to do on the handhelds a MMO where you could interact with other players across the globe would be a plus. WoW comes to mind with this ability and I think but am not sure because mine doesn't work but Elder Scrolls Online does this as well. While being able to play through the game on your own if one so choose, being able to play with others either directly in-house or over the internet is another plus. Gears of war played this off well. My brother and I use to play that game together for hours with friends online...

A good story and exploreable environments are a must but not to the point of taking from gameplay. Good graphics are great for a good game but if they take away from gameplay what do you have? A pretty picture and you cannot play a picture, only look at it. Seeing as how every Protector has a shooter weapon of sorts I can see a good shooter game coming from this either while one explores the island of Okoto and does quests for the different villages or protects the Toa as they near their masks of power.

I could see different types of mini-games where you have to makes masks or shoot skull spiders, move panels or other puzzle obstacles to progress further...

"A stranger will always be a stranger unless you give them a chance."

:m_p: :r: :m_o: :w: :l:    :n: :i: :g: :h: :t: :w: :m_o: :l: :f:

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

Well I remember playing a game where you created your own Matoran and named them prior to starting the game. Unlike MNOG where you are forced to play Takua here you could play your own created character. Much like most of the lego based game releases that follow the preset story but does not lock you into using a specific character. My Lego starwars that spans all 6 movies comes to mind. I enjoyed making my own Jedi or bounty hunter character and playing through the levels with it. This should hold true for any Lego brand based game...

Now being 3rd or 1st person can be up in the air if not interchangeable if desired. Though harder to do on the handhelds a MMO where you could interact with other players across the globe would be a plus. WoW comes to mind with this ability and I think but am not sure because mine doesn't work but Elder Scrolls Online does this as well. While being able to play through the game on your own if one so choose, being able to play with others either directly in-house or over the internet is another plus. Gears of war played this off well. My brother and I use to play that game together for hours with friends online...

A good story and exploreable environments are a must but not to the point of taking from gameplay. Good graphics are great for a good game but if they take away from gameplay what do you have? A pretty picture and you cannot play a picture, only look at it. Seeing as how every Protector has a shooter weapon of sorts I can see a good shooter game coming from this either while one explores the island of Okoto and does quests for the different villages or protects the Toa as they near their masks of power.

I could see different types of mini-games where you have to makes masks or shoot skull spiders, move panels or other puzzle obstacles to progress further...

I don't remember that...

cringe

I don't remember that...

I believe he is referring to Quest for the Toa for Gameboy Advanced, it allowed you to change the colors of your Matoran but it still had a Pakari and story-wise it was Takua but you could rename him. 

Edited by ToaDraco

10331959915_9f4d0b34c7.jpg
"Avengers? Fantastic Four? X-Dudes? They can all kiss my bony, flammable plastic."- Johnathan Blaze (Ghost Rider Vol 7 0.1)

That could be it yes... The quest for the toa game for GBA. I don't have a lot of my old GBA games, lost them in the move I think...

"A stranger will always be a stranger unless you give them a chance."

:m_p: :r: :m_o: :w: :l:    :n: :i: :g: :h: :t: :w: :m_o: :l: :f:

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png