Makuta G2?

Makuta was confirmed to be knocked out, but his location remains unknown. I imagine he would have been in the same area as his brother, given the events leading up to their "deaths." Perhaps the Protectors did do something for him. Besides, maybe they didn't know it was him. The Mask did change his appearance, so maybe they just assumed he'd been killed elsewhere and just left the "mysterious bad guy" to rot in the dirt. Unless he reverted back to normal when the Mask was removed. Who knows? :shrugs:

~Your friendly, neighborhood Shadow

sotpbanner.png

~Credit for Avatar and Banner goes to

NickonAquaMagna~

The story team probably made this ambiguous on purpose, so that the audience would wonder where he is and what he could be up to. Which is more menacing: a Makuta who has been "laid to rest" in a tomb with Ekimu, or a Makuta whose whereabouts are unknown and could be anywhere?

• Upvote 7
"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
-- Harlan Ellison

I can't help but think the current antagonists are somehow linked to Makuta. I know that seems like a "duh" scenario to some people, but thus far there has been no evidence remotely implying (aside from the fact that Makuta is clearly the main antagonist (or is he...?)) that Makuta is responsible for the Skull Spiders rising to prominence. That having been said, here's a hypothesis: The Skull Spiders and summer villains, in addition to trying to find/guard the MoCr, they're also searching for wherever Makuta was buried. This isn't really based on any significant evidence, (hence the term "hypothesis,") but I just have a hunch that Makuta is buried somewhere in a similar fashion to Ekimu, and that the current antagonists are looking for him. Just a hypothesis.

• Upvote 2

MetaKnight.gif  Stay vigilant, my friends. MetaKnight.gif

I think there's a high probably that Makuta is directly influencing Skull Grinder at least, if not all of the Skull villains. In SG's box art, it shows him grabbing the MoC with his 'grinding staff'(?)--Could mean he's trying to take it in order to complete a grand scheme, or trying to destroy it.

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

Poor Makuta...

I'm sure though he's having fun using some sort of mental control (ability to use Mask of Control without being awake?) to assemble an army to awaken him and gain revenge. He's out there somewhere... and Lego is taking its sweet little time to reveal him, for good reason. I do think he should/will be mentioned more often.

• Upvote 1

The story team probably made this ambiguous on purpose, so that the audience would wonder where he is and what he could be up to. Which is more menacing: a Makuta who has been "laid to rest" in a tomb with Ekimu, or a Makuta whose whereabouts are unknown and could be anywhere?

Well, he is deliberately said to have fallen into a deep slumber, so if he could be anywhere he's one heck of a sleepwalker.

~B~

• Upvote 4

Well, he is deliberately said to have fallen into a deep slumber, so if he could be anywhere he's one heck of a sleepwalker.

~B~

More likely that other villains - aka Skull Spiders - hauled him off to someplace safe. 

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

I still say the LoSS is Makuta in a "mutated from the MoUP" kind of way. Seeing as how the events of the fight between Ekimu and Makuta and the coming of the Toa spans several generations from the way I understand it. So I see no reason to believe that Makuta didn't fall into a coma while his body underwent the change the MoUP was inaction on him over an extended period of time only to finally wake up as the LoSS. Had he kept the mask on, the transformation would have been swifter however because the mask was knocked off it took much longer. Also to add to this idea, the reason he is now a Skull spider himself has to do with one perhaps interacting with Makuta's body while mid transformation.

"A stranger will always be a stranger unless you give them a chance."

:m_p: :r: :m_o: :w: :l:    :n: :i: :g: :h: :t: :w: :m_o: :l: :f:

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

He's definitely alive, but I can't help but feel like he's not even part of the plot anymore.

Makuta is very decidedly part of the plot. Numerous story summaries hint that he's gathering power for his return, and that's the reason for new threats like the Skull Spiders.

Frankly, Makuta's presence is more obvious now than it was in 2002, when for all we knew he had been defeated for good the previous year, or in 2006, when story summaries only described an "ancient evil".

• Upvote 4

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

Pretty sure he is on his new Mangai cave throneroom sending horror after horror out upon the island until he has to deal with it himself. Which is totally fine with me

audio_narration_project_banner_wide.jpg

Bionicle: ANP aims to create narrated versions of all the Bionicle books, with voice actors for each character, and music taken from various media to enhance the story. Check here if you're interested in voicing a character, and here for the chapters that've already been released!

Formerly: Tahu Nuva 3.0

Looking for a Bionicle Beanie. Black one with the symbol on it. Contact me if you are willing to sell

Makuta's actor only signed on for one episode in his contract, so the next time we see him he'll probably be played by Adam Sandler or something...

In all seriousness, though, I think that either the Protectors couldn't find his body, or that they didn't give him a proper burial (why would you give somebody a nice burial after they tried to take over your land?) and just left him to waste somewhere

BZPRPG:

Akamu, Toa of Ice :smilekohrak: :smilenuju: :smilekopakanu: :smilematoro: :akakunu: :kohrak: :matatu: :akaku: Talk to me about Destiny!

Ask me about stuttering and speech impediments!//Feel free to talk about Dungeons and Dragons with me!

I can almost guarantee he will be a set at some point, I think it's likely we will see him in mask of control form next year (in a similar way to Ekimu), if more animations are made in the summer then I think we might see a hint towards his return at the end (like maybe him laughing in the shadows or something). 

It's time to move on.

if more animations are made in the summer

Please... don't imply they might not ... so little story as it is ... scarier than the thought of being a Kraata in your Rahkshi (Protip it's equalish parts: awesome, disturbing, & unadulterated terror; if you think about it...)...

Seriously though I'd love to see the Mask of Control, & I know it'd only be a small thing but I'd like to see what they use to make his Protector-ish sized hammer look like, oh yeah and pretty colours :3

Although as there is a set with: Ekimu + 2 of his Masks, + Titan; Then wouldn't it be a nice symmetry to have: Makuta + Mask of Control + MoUP? + Titan; although I strongly doubt they'd have that configuartion, mini-Makuta + MoC, & mega-Makuta + MoUP seems still very off...

I think ALVIS & Lyichir summed it up well.

~ Sophistry: A way to be antidisuncorrect. ~

In a decade you might convince maybe a small tribe of people.

In a decade you might also conquer one million km2 of land,

& in over a thousand years you might have over a billion followers.

I like building things. Please don't break the big ones.

& evidential philosophies that dare to extrapolate beyond

an individual's direct experience aren't easily built.

Please... don't imply they might not ... so little story as it is ... scarier than the thought of being a Kraata in your Rahkshi (Protip it's equalish parts: awesome, disturbing, & unadulterated terror; if you think about it...)...

Seriously though I'd love to see the Mask of Control, & I know it'd only be a small thing but I'd like to see what they use to make his Protector-ish sized hammer look like, oh yeah and pretty colours :3

Although as there is a set with: Ekimu + 2 of his Masks, + Titan; Then wouldn't it be a nice symmetry to have: Makuta + Mask of Control + MoUP? + Titan; although I strongly doubt they'd have that configuartion, mini-Makuta + MoC, & mega-Makuta + MoUP seems still very off...

I think ALVIS & Lyichir summed it up well.

I don't think that will happen (the double makuta set that is), they seem to be going for one mask yearly so I don't think we'll see the MOUP until 2017.

It's time to move on.

A set like you suggest (Makuta + Titan) would be pretty cool. My only concern is that such a set would lack the built-in conflict of Mask Maker vs. Ekimu, unless we got a "good guy" titan set for Makuta to face. They MIGHT be able to do that (perhaps including a larger, special edition version of one of the $15 Toa for him to face), but no telling.

That, and that I doubt the Mask of Ultimate Power would be included at this stage of the game (I'm not even certain it has a final design yet, despite people's attempts to glean one from its cloaked-in-energy appearance in the animations). A set with two different versions of Makuta seems particularly implausible, since I can imagine it would confuse buyers something fierce.

That isn't to say there's no chance of getting Makuta or the Mask of Control this year. There are two blended Toa masks unaccounted for, which could possibly hint at store-exclusive sets we haven't seen. And Makuta also appeared in a set-like form in the animations—and while that could be rationalized as a simple Ekimu recolor, he DID have a unique, non-obscured mask design AND a unique hammer design that was clearly constructed from existing parts. So who knows? As with many of these sorts of questions, I think it's far too early to consider the 2015 storyline or product range an open-and-shut case just yet.

Edited by Lyichir
  • Upvote 3

It's not like they cared for his creations before, and even in Gen 1 they didn't care about him until he conquered the universe. Give it time, I guess. Like many problems in the world, they aren't averted, they are dealt with after the fact.

In other words, it's a plot device; deal with it. lol

http://i.imgur.com/kbP5Svg.gifhttp://i.imgur.com/O8CcqC5.pnghttp://i.imgur.com/kbP5Svg.gif

There are two blended Toa masks unaccounted for, which could possibly hint at store-exclusive sets we haven't seen. 

On one hand, I really want to see one (or more!) sets for Wave 2 precisely because of those masks, on the other hand store-exclusive probably would mean I'd need to buy it 'internationally' or miss-out -,-"

Does TLG actually make that much out of store exclusives? I mean I can understand it for bigger brands but as Bionicle has been off the market for a while..?

As we now have the piece count & the official USA prices for the sets... I'm doubting they'd want to put out another Titan this year, but as you say it's still very early.

~ Sophistry: A way to be antidisuncorrect. ~

In a decade you might convince maybe a small tribe of people.

In a decade you might also conquer one million km2 of land,

& in over a thousand years you might have over a billion followers.

I like building things. Please don't break the big ones.

& evidential philosophies that dare to extrapolate beyond

an individual's direct experience aren't easily built.

There are two blended Toa masks unaccounted for, which could possibly hint at store-exclusive sets we haven't seen.

On one hand, I really want to see one (or more!) sets for Wave 2 precisely because of those masks, on the other hand store-exclusive probably would mean I'd need to buy it 'internationally' or miss-out -,-"

Does TLG actually make that much out of store exclusives? I mean I can understand it for bigger brands but as Bionicle has been off the market for a while..?

As we now have the piece count & the official USA prices for the sets... I'm doubting they'd want to put out another Titan this year, but as you say it's still very early.

Lego makes store exclusive sets for a lot of high-profile themes. Lego used to make a fair number of store-exclusive sets in the later days of the original Bionicle theme's run (which I'll list below). But they haven't done one for a constraction theme since 2010, with the Hero Factory set Bulk and Vapor. But on the other hand, Bionicle's relaunch is a BIG DEAL—a lot bigger than Hero Factory's first year. So it probably has a much bigger chance of enticing retailers to push for exclusive set deals.

Store exclusive sets from Bionicle (sorted by U.S. retailer):

TOYS-R-US:

6637 Ultimate Battle Set (Germany/Austria only)

8711 Master Accessory Set (US only)

8713 Ultimate Bionicle Accessory Set (UK only)

8715 Ultimate Creatures Accessory Pack (US only)

8769 Visorak's Gate (US only)

8940 Karzahni (US only, exclusive to Woolworths in UK)

8953 Makuta Icarax (US only)

8998 Toa Mata Nui

10201 Takutanuva

10202 Ultimate Dume

WAL-MART:

8625 Umbra (US only)

8763 Toa Norik (US only, as a co-pack with Toa Iruini, who was more widely available on his own).

8935 Nocturn (US only)

8939 Lesovikk (US only, exclusive to Tesco in UK)

8952 Mutran & Vican (US only, exclusive to Tesco in UK)

8990 Fero & Skirmix (US only)

TARGET:

8942 Jetrax (Yellow version, US only)

10203 Voporak (US only)

10204 Vezon & Kardas (US only)

Edited by Lyichir
  • Upvote 2

While I don't know if they will release a gold Makuta due to the only differences being the secondary color and his mask/hammer. So unless they send out an exclusive alteration and to do that they'd have to have a mold made of Makuta's mask. I don't see it happening just yet. A parts pack to make Ekimu into Makuta would be cool. Now the Black/red version of the MoUP is another story. Perhaps soon we can see this released as while it could still be just a recolor of Ekimu, it is not just this part and that part. It is a full parts recolor.

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

Lego makes store exclusive sets for a lot of high-profile themes. Lego used to make a fair number of store-exclusive sets in the later days of the original Bionicle theme's run (which I'll list below). But they haven't done one for a constraction theme since 2010, with the Hero Factory set Bulk and Vapor. But on the other hand, Bionicle's relaunch is a BIG DEAL—a lot bigger than Hero Factory's first year. So it probably has a much bigger chance of enticing retailers to push for exclusive set deals.

Store exclusive sets from Bionicle (sorted by U.S. retailer):

TOYS-R-US:

6637 Ultimate Battle Set (Germany/Austria only)

8711 Master Accessory Set (US only)

8713 Ultimate Bionicle Accessory Set (UK only)

8715 Ultimate Creatures Accessory Pack (US only)

8769 Visorak's Gate (US only)

8940 Karzahni (US only, exclusive to Woolworths in UK)

8953 Makuta Icarax (US only)

8998 Toa Mata Nui

10201 Takutanuva

10202 Ultimate Dume

WAL-MART:

8625 Umbra (US only)

8763 Toa Norik (US only, as a co-pack with Toa Iruini, who was more widely available on his own).

8935 Nocturn (US only)

8939 Lesovikk (US only, exclusive to Tesco in UK)

8952 Mutran & Vican (US only, exclusive to Tesco in UK)

8990 Fero & Skirmix (US only)

TARGET:

8942 Jetrax (Yellow version, US only)

10203 Voporak (US only)

10204 Vezon & Kardas (US only)

Actually I remember I got a toa Lesovikk in a toy shop known as "the entertainer" so no I don't think it was exclusive to tesco (although Mutran was).  

It's time to move on.

I still say the LoSS is Makuta in a "mutated from the MoUP" kind of way. Seeing as how the events of the fight between Ekimu and Makuta and the coming of the Toa spans several generations from the way I understand it. So I see no reason to believe that Makuta didn't fall into a coma while his body underwent the change the MoUP was inaction on him over an extended period of time only to finally wake up as the LoSS. Had he kept the mask on, the transformation would have been swifter however because the mask was knocked off it took much longer. Also to add to this idea, the reason he is now a Skull spider himself has to do with one perhaps interacting with Makuta's body while mid transformation.

But loSS dies or falls down a cliff in episode 9

Here came the bride all dressed in white I wish it was red then you all be deadlandscape_xlarge.jpg

I still say the LoSS is Makuta in a "mutated from the MoUP" kind of way. Seeing as how the events of the fight between Ekimu and Makuta and the coming of the Toa spans several generations from the way I understand it. So I see no reason to believe that Makuta didn't fall into a coma while his body underwent the change the MoUP was inaction on him over an extended period of time only to finally wake up as the LoSS. Had he kept the mask on, the transformation would have been swifter however because the mask was knocked off it took much longer. Also to add to this idea, the reason he is now a Skull spider himself has to do with one perhaps interacting with Makuta's body while mid transformation.

But loSS dies or falls down a cliff in episode 9
Oi! Put a spoiler on that, captain kook. Some of us Are waiting for the episodes to be released in English. Edited by Regitnui

:r: :e: :g: :i: :t: :n: :u: :i:

Elemental Rahi in Gen2, anyone? A write-up for an initial video for a G2 plot

I really wish everyone would stop trying to play join the dots with Gen 1 and Gen 2 though,it seems there's a couple new threads everyday and often they're duplicates of already existing conversations! Or simply parallel them with a slightly new 'twist'! Gen 2 is NEW, it is NOT Gen 1 and it is NOT a continuation. Outside of the characters we already have I personally don't want to see ANY old characters return. I think it will cheapen the whole experience to those of us familiar with the original line...

We don't know it died. It is a spider after all, maybe it webbed to safety only to come back stronger than ever... Spiders are very resilient and can come back from comparable falls that would otherwise kill other life forms.

• Upvote 2

Onua.png

We don't know it died. It is a spider after all, maybe it webbed to safety only to come back stronger than ever... Spiders are very resilient and can come back from comparable falls that would otherwise kill other life forms.

You're right, but the reason that spiders (and other arthropods) can deal with such big falls is because of their small mass, which prevents gravity from having such a great effect on them. The LoSS, on the other hand, is bigger than an islander -- it probably can't claim that same resilience. :P

• Upvote 4
"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
-- Harlan Ellison

Eh... you may be right. I don't really know all the sciences behind why spiders do or do not die from falling several hundred times their own size. I just am rooting for the LoSS, A larger spider could go splat or just be able to survive even higher drops.

• Upvote 1

Onua.png