NickonAquaMagna- Bionicle Protectors review

NickonAquaMagna

I dunno if I'll get in trouble for posting this here, but I felt it was somewhat relevant. I've seen a lot of reviews of these sets individually, but I have yet to see anyone tackle them all at once, focus on their mutual strengths and how they compare to each other in one thing, except maybe an after-the-fact last minute overview. That's fine an' all, I'm not saying I mind that much... but if anyone's looking for a comprehensive look at all of the Protectors in one go, one sitting, with everything you need to know about them, look no further.

Discussion and feedback is appreciated. I hope I covered all the bases.

• Upvote 4

the_toa_sig_by_nickinamerica-dbn0wau.png

The Toa- A Bionicle Retelling by NickonAquaMagna http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/25275-the-toa-a-retelling-of-bionicle/

That was great  :D Instant subscription.

The review itself was excellent, your camera work superb, and the poses just like the camera work.

While I agree that these make the BIONICLE world feel more alive, I disagree that they do a better job at it than the G1 Matoran.

As you said, the G1 Matoran had different masks, and that gave them more character, more diversity. I think that is a pretty important factor in making a world feel populated.

But no matter how well these guys pull that off, I still want Rahi, and villages with names. G2 still feels rather empty to me.

I intended to buy a single Protector, but was at a loss as to which one. This review pretty much sold me the Ice Protector.  :P  And I do agree that while the fire protector's torso is ravishing, the rest of him kinda ruins him. I think I'll pass on him. Maybe modify the Ice protector to match Fire's torso? But that would ruin his strategic, cold-proof build... I'll think about it when I get him :D 

As for you being allowed to post these, A million years ago, long before G1 ended, I remember it was prohibited to even mention YouTube, because of any inappropriate content or language it may have. But seeing as there is a link to BZP's YouTube channel on the first page, I'm guessing that is no longer the case.

At any rate. I genuinely enjoyed every bit of your review. Especially your reviewer voice. It works quite nicely  :P 

I'll be sure to tune in for more.

keetongorange-bionicle-logo-small.png

I hear metroid music.

For a long time, I've felt Metroid Prime's music fit the atmosphere that Bionicle had in those first coupla' years really well. For example, Sanctuary Fortress' theme makes me think of Ko-Koro, Chozo Ruins Depths makes me think of places like the Nui-Jaga's lair, and Tallon Overworld Depths makes me think of Takua and his company making their way to Kini-Nui.

...Come to think of it, maybe I ought to compile a list of tracks from those games into a pretend, "what if?" Bionicle game soundtrack playlist.

That was great  :D Instant subscription.

The review itself was excellent, your camera work superb, and the poses just like the camera work.

While I agree that these make the BIONICLE world feel more alive, I disagree that they do a better job at it than the G1 Matoran.

As you said, the G1 Matoran had different masks, and that gave them more character, more diversity. I think that is a pretty important factor in making a world feel populated.

But no matter how well these guys pull that off, I still want Rahi, and villages with names. G2 still feels rather empty to me.

I intended to buy a single Protector, but was at a loss as to which one. This review pretty much sold me the Ice Protector.  :P  And I do agree that while the fire protector's torso is ravishing, the rest of him kinda ruins him. I think I'll pass on him. Maybe modify the Ice protector to match Fire's torso? But that would ruin his strategic, cold-proof build... I'll think about it when I get him :D 

As for you being allowed to post these, A million years ago, long before G1 ended, I remember it was prohibited to even mention YouTube, because of any inappropriate content or language it may have. But seeing as there is a link to BZP's YouTube channel on the first page, I'm guessing that is no longer the case.

At any rate. I genuinely enjoyed every bit of your review. Especially your reviewer voice. It works quite nicely  :P 

I'll be sure to tune in for more.

Thanks. A lot of people can't stop bringing up how annoying my voice is.

Anyway, the camerawork, editing an' all that only took a coupla' days, but it was... surprisingly exhausting. I was going to try to get all these reviews done in a week, basically marathoning them to get them out of the way, but... eh, I'll review the Toa in a week or two.

Anyway, yeah, there's still a lot Lego could do to make this world and its people feel more real that... they just aren't doing. Purely as sets, though, I think these guys are overall better than most of the Matoran from back in the day, who generally had simpler builds and less articulation.

The Toa- A Bionicle Retelling by NickonAquaMagna http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/25275-the-toa-a-retelling-of-bionicle/

I hear ya, I know how exhausting editing can be. I intend to do it as a living :P 

Shame this doesn't seem to be getting more views.

I really have no idea why... aside from being a little too late to the party, I suppose. I'd hoped that saving my review til the hyped died down a bit would make it stand out now.