Metru Nui Legacy: Whenua

pjV7lD2.png

Hello there! Yesterday I wasn't able to access the forums (homeworks + I was sick ._.), so sorry for the little delay D:

Anyways, today I want to show you Whenua, one of my favourite Toa Metru so far. His weapon isn't new, I took it from one of my old MOCs because I loved it ^^

I tried to make him tall, muscular and massive, with big shoulders to clearly show his Toa of Earth strenght. I experimented a new technique on his torso, allowing him to have very wide articulations on the arms/shoulders and a nice posability. For his lower legs I used a Visorak body, to make it a little bit slim and blocky. His legs look straight and simple, and I like how they are built. His arms were quite a pain, because I had almost no black pieces that fit the style I wanted, and I don't like using silver/gunmetal pieces, I wanted him to have one tint (with some grey/light grey gears and bones).

Hope you'll enjoy it!

hUrNqir.jpg

5avXI6c.jpg

1oys3MU.jpg

YPh2HhN.jpg

CJtWDWJ.jpg

Still working to cover these open pins  <_<

L7wYSLf.jpg

9LIicus.jpg

His skeleton: its back is made with a black Rakshi Chest piece [http://fr.bricker.info/images/parts/44136.jpg], while the upper part is just a Metru waist piece. 

I'm also working on Vakama, here some improvements:

0ah6Y9g.jpg

I made him a couple of Skrall Blades and rebuilt his arms to make them symmetrical. I also removed his weird chest pieces and replaced them with two Piraka leg armors (couldn't find anything better, but I'm quite satisfied of the results) Still working to make a Kanoka Disc Launcher attachment, it'll probably be on his shoulder.

ggoBJDG.jpg

ABztZNS.jpg

oNb5Fgh.jpg

s4SbWJD.jpg

For his back I used a Kindom's Dragon head (that piece came from a Viking boat, can't really remember the number of the set, but I'm 100% it's available in others) and a Barraki head; because I thought that without the Kanoka Disc Launcher on his back it looked too tiny and insignificant with that Matoran Armor.

You can find the original one here and here too.

Suggestions to improve my MOCs are always appreciated  :D

MOCPages Post

Edit: Misspelled the title  <_<

Edit: Spoiler tags for storyline spoilers only, please! Also, fixed the title for you. : P

-Wind-

Edited by -Windrider-
  • Upvote 3

I like this more than your Vavama revamp, he reminds me of the movie version of Whenua. The Visorak foot in his mask is interesting, it looks like a ponytail.

Thank you! I also agree, this one ended up better than Vakama. I placed there a Visorak foot because I wanted to make his head a little bit bigger, without changing mask or using a custom built head (I'm a disaster in making custom heads, Onewa is the only MOC so far that got one, I'll post it tomorrow, maybe)

Edited by Petersheikah

I like the weapon, but it doesn't seem like something Whenua-y. Other than that, This is a nice, intricate build which really shows off his bulky Toa of Earth-like figure.

I can't wait to see you do the rest (Especially Onewa, as he was the First Toa I got)

wGF2PMb.png

lof_teaser.png

(I'll do this eventually, I swear...)

My BZPRPG Characters

Corpus Rahkshi Characters: Kol Arsenal Swarm Amalgamation

Skyrise Characters: Zavon

I like the weapon, but it doesn't seem like something Whenua-y. Other than that, This is a nice, intricate build which really shows off his bulky Toa of Earth-like figure.

I can't wait to see you do the rest (Especially Onewa, as he was the First Toa I got)

Thank you! Onewa is still a work in progress, mainly because I have very few Brown pieces. Right now he's half red and half brown (which doesn't look bad in fact), but I'm planning to replace the red pieces with black ones. Probably I'll post it after Matau and Nokama, because I still have to work a bit and refine both Nuju and Onewa.

I like the weapon, but it doesn't seem like something Whenua-y.

I agree with this.

While I love the weapon, And the build itself is nothing short of impressive (is this a term?). This doesnt really feel like Whenua for me. Not just the weapon.

I can't really see why though.

Edit: reading this again, I think I came off rather negative. This was not my intention. 

I thought more about why this doesn't seem much Wenua-y to me, and I think that is because to me, the Toa Metru were a very squad like team. They had the same um...Uniform...sorta.

While this doesn't deviate from the original look to much, it is just enough to make my brain go"huh?"  :D 

But that is just my brain.

The revamp itself is very impressive. the Bulky look is definitely there.  :)  

Edited by Toa Doublebee

keetongorange-bionicle-logo-small.png