How are the Skull Spiders supposed to attach to Toa/Protectors?

Bryce304

On the back of the packages, the spiders have all four legs wrapped around the victim's head, but this is not really practical in the sets since the front legs would collide with the chest armor. I find it works best with the back legs wrapped around the top of the head, but the front legs dangling in front of the chest. As a bonus, that manages to look really spooky! Kind of like a headcrab zombie from the Half-Life series.

No idea how it will be handled in story media like comics and animations. To my knowledge, none of those have had a spider latch onto a character for more than a few seconds. I'm pretty sure they don't lose their legs, though.

• Upvote 2

Storywise, I would imagine that the spiders would wrap their legs around the victim's head, like the face creature from the Alien movies. Set-wise, I think you can do same thing, though it might be difficult to do with some of the Toa. 

Edit: Kapura'd. :P

Edited by The Master Sword

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

This confused me as well. Also, do they jump backwards when they launch themselves at an enemy?

I don't imagine so. I think they seem like they'd be more effective dropping onto a foe's head from above or behind (something made easy since their overwhelming numbers allow them to surround foes). From there I imagine they just wrest the mask off the foe's head with their legs and crawl on in its place (with other spiders presumably carrying the mask back to their lair).

I like the Skull Spiders because they pose a greater threat than either Krana, Kraata, or infected masks do on their own. Krana and Kraata are, at best, slow-moving when outside of their Bohrok and Rahkshi hosts, while infected masks can't really move at all without a host to control. The Skull Spiders, on the other hand, are both sentient and extremely mobile even when they don't have a host, so they make for a much more effective threat.

• Upvote 2

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother