The Asylum - IC Topic

IcarusBen

GM IC

At her reaction, the guard let out a deep laugh, before straightening up suddenly as the food shipment arrived. Sal was not in a good position to see it, but Scriva and Lana saw several selections of meats, vegetables, and - for once - fresh, cold water as opposed to the "nutrient enriched" hot water they received before.

Leaning forward slightly, the Vortixx glared don at "five knuckled" Sal. "Now, have we satisfied your majesty's demands for the day?" No grin appeared on his face, but it was evident he was enjoying this.

IC: "Five-Knuckled" Sal - Cafeteria

Sal pushed herself off of the wall, placing her hands on her hips as she continued to stare up towards the Vortixx, For a brief moment, it looked like this contest of egos would soon devolve into a flurry of blows that would require an additional detachment of security personel to break up, but then something unexpected happened.

It was now Sal's turn to smile.

"Like you could ever satisfy me, Scrawny," she said, her shoulder bumping into his abdomen briefly when she eventually made her way towards the chow line.

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

IC: Scriva - Cafeteria. 

"Is everyone who works here a complete jerk?" she wondered aloud. 

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

"Finally, some real food." 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

GM IC

It would prove lucky for Scriva and Lana, that the Vortixx didn't hear them. A shorter Matoran greeted them at the serving area. "Hello there. Pick anything you like and i'll have it pre-assembled for you at the end of the line."

H|is cheery-sounding voice was evident he didn't have a clue what had been happening, and was probably lied to by whoever hired him.

Flick.

Sal stopped dead in her tracks for a moment as the Vortixx's finger made contact with her head. With an apparent calmness, she then continued walking until she eventually joined the food line.

Unfortunately for him, however, he was soon about to learn the origins of her nickname.

The hard way.

Grabbing a tray in one hand, she spun around, her eyes filled with rage as her body began sprinting as fast as it could towards the one who had just tried to make a mockery of her. Hopping up onto a nearby table and continuing to maintain her momentum, she took a flying leap off of its edge and swung it towards the guard's skull, aiming to break it directly over the back of his cranium.

Edited by Timageness
  • Upvote 1

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

GM IC

Hearing a clatter from one of the tables that sounded like someone was turning it upside down, the large Vortixx turned to check. All he saw was the midsection of Sal.

The odd tray, seemingly a mix of metal and some fiberglass substance, came with a loud clang on the Vortixx's cranium. It immediately dented and cracked, but didn't break. He reeled in pain for only a second and immediately connected a left hook with Sal's chest. When she landed, he pulled out a firearm of sorts, with what appeared to be a rotating chamber in the center. Using only one hand on it, too.

By they way he casually held the firearm out at Sal it seemed he had experience with it. "Drop."

The blow to her chest sent her flying back a bit as she landed, forcing her to backpedal a few feet in order to maintain her balance as she gasped for air, but her own attack seemed to have succeeded in momentarily taking him by surprise, considering that the force behind his counter was not as much as it could've been.

All in all though, the pain she was feeling would only serve to fuel her own anger.

Without even waiting long enough to hear the word that was coming out of his mouth, she shifted herself to the side, barely out of the weapon's range of fire before pulling the tray behind her shoulder and whipping it towards his wrist like a throwing disk, intending to knock it out of his hand so that the battle could be settled with skill rather than by cheap gimmicks.

I don't need toys to deal with you, wanker. Grow some stones and show me the same respect.

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

Turning away from the guy serving then, she focused her attention on whatever was causing the commotion. A patient appeared to be trying to bludgeon a guard who was much bigger and taller than they were.

Never a dull moment....

GM IC

The large Vortixx lost the grip on the gun, which clattered to the floor behind the counter, but he caught the tray. Angrily crushing it with his other hand and tossing it away, he swiftly leapt over the counter as easily as shooting a Kolhii ball. He probably could've landed on her if he had tried. "Think you're so great, don't yah?"

With the same hand that had crushed the tray, he flung a table into the air intentionally high over her head. It hit the ground on the far side of the room with a bang and surprisingly, landed upright. "prove it."

OOC: I thought that the Vortixx was already on Sal's side of the counter, heading back out towards the Hallway. Oh well.

Sal dropped down into a fighting stance, slowly raising her arms up ahead of her and activating her Pakari as she momentarily leaned her head to the left in order to crack her neck.

"Any day now, Karz-Head," she said with a slight smile, motioning for him to come at her with the tips of her fingers.

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

OOC: No, sorry if that was confusing. :(

GM IC

He wouldn't be played for a fool so simply. With a laugh, he spat a sudden, large blob of saliva towards the general region of Sal's neck. He was more than capable of jumping higher than she was, and knew she wouldn't go all silly-nilly on him. He would let her make the first move.

OOC: Nah, it's cool.

Now he's spitting at me...?! He'll be eating through a straw for that!

Moving to the side to avoid the saliva, Sal began to swiftly close the distance between them, moving in a zigzag pattern before launching herself off of a nearby chair in an effort to deliver a vicious right uppercut to the bottom of his chin.

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

She sighed. Had these idiots forgotten that there was a monster in the building trying to kill everyone? 

GM IC

The move he'd been waiting for.

The Vortixx sidestepped quickly, grabbed hold of her wrist, and with a swift chop with his other hand to her shoulder, dislocated it. He then proceeded to let go and allow her to finish her attack on the open air in front of her.

OOC: I'll let you decide wether or not you want dislocated wrist or shoulder. Hey, if I'm impacting forced injuries I'd better let you choose which ones.

GM IC Jorik:

FREEDOM! FREEDOM!

I DIE FREAWABLEABLEWABLE!!!

Oww... Son of Mukau, that hurt like Karz!

Hey, look, a guard.

"HEY! Guard! You mad?"

"Kazak to Central. I caught up with him. Gave me a run for my money, I'll tell you. Come on, let's get you home."

"Home?" You mean...

"VOYA NUI!"

I could hug him!

"YOU GET A HUG*agh*ABLEWABLE!"

"Yeah. I'm starting like these new tazers. It's these karzhing Toa that drive me up the wall."

"I just wanted to give you a hug..."

Edited by IcarusBen

LEGO Republic:

The Valkyrie

The "Christmas Brick"

My BZPRPG Profiles

Now a proud member of The Kanohi Force

76561198041367047.png

OOC: Seems fair.

While the sidestep wasn't entirely expected, the Vortixx's following move didn't seem to go exactly according to plan either.

What she recognised to be an attempt to dislocate her shoulder had actually succeeded in doing so to her wrist instead, which meant that either that was his true intention and she misread the move (probable, but unlikely), or he had simply failed to perform the attack correctly.

Either way, it was still pretty sloppy.

As her opponent made the decision to release her wrist, she swung her now injured limb backwards and grabbed onto his.

She knew that the power her Kanohi was feeding her wasn't enough to crush his arm outright due to the limits the patients had to deal with upon entry into the asylum, but any Toa worth their weight in Protodermis also knew that powers by themselves wasn't what made you dangerous.

Knowing how to use them properly, on the other hand...

Gritting her teeth through the pain, she used her momentum to swing herself around back towards his bicep, tucking her legs in towards her chest and positioning herself upside down as her free hand found a similar hold against the other side of his arm. Placing her feet up against his elbow, she then began to staighten herself back out, intending on reversing the way his limb naturally bent as painfully as possible.

OOC: Working on the "It's not an autohit if you're close enough to do it" principle with the grabs. Will change if necessary.

Edited by Timageness

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

This was getting ridiculous. "Stop!" she tried to get the combatants attention. "Solitary just got karzing blown up! Haven't you got more important things to be doing than picking fights in the middle of the cafeteria?" 

She broke off, wheezing for breath. Her throat was raw from shouting. 

GM IC

As soon as she swung around him, the guard was in motion. By that, it meant he ran. As he did so, he noticed her trying to reverse his elbow, which hurt like Karz. Instead, he twisted his arm and wrist around, knowing that she couldn't keep it from rotating with her injured hand. Now, she was kicking on the inside of his elbow, which bent properly (but still a little sore). It wasn't completely straight, though, so as long as she kept her grip, she was keeping his arm pinned from any more movement.

He would fix that.

The Vortixx finally arrived at the wall, when he suddenly rotated, turning just in time to swing Sal's head right into it. The slabs of thick, painted concrete would prove effective at either knocking her mask off, hurting her head or both. Then again, she could always let go and hit the floor, but she'd probably end up with his knee in her face due to the rotation.

Several other guards had poured in, quickly pulling out their tazers. You didn't have to be too bright to get a job here, you just needed to know how to aim  efficiently.

IC: Fade - Cafeteria.

Having just finished clearing all of the equipment out the endangered security office, he then got a radio message informing him of an altercation between a guard and a patient in the cafeteria. 

"Let's get over there," he told the men with him. 

"Oh, let me just check my day planner," she said in response to the person shouting at her. "Nope, looks like I'm free for the next forever."

Realising that she was now being flung towards a wall, she did decide to release her hold on the Vortixx's arm after righting herself for the drop, his flailing knee managing to smash right into her nose with enough force to send her stumbling back a few feet. Wiping away the blood now gushing out of her nostrils with her uninjured hand, she caught a glimpse of more guards beginning to mobilise near the entrance, pulling out their stun guns in preparation to fire at her.

Great... Now the calvary's arrived...

Darting off towards the side, she flipped over a table, quickly positioning it between her and their guns before tossing a nearby chair at her previous foe.

"And unless you were actually there like I was when it happened, then you've got no right to even bring that up around me! If we're all going to die in here anyway, then you can at least do me a favor and shut up while I check out on my own terms!"

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

GM IC Kazak and Jorik:

"Come on, Jorik, you need food."

"Food? Food? Ah, but what you call "food" is merely the sludge of our forefathers and is tainted by avarice and greed!"

"Jorik, do me a favor. Start making sense, please."

As the Le-Toa and Po-Skakdi arrived, they saw the, as Jorik put it, "kerfuffle" between Sal and the Vortixx guard. Soon, other guards had arrived, tazers ready.

"And unless you were actually there like I was when it happened, then you've got no right to even bring that up around me! If we're all going to die in here anyway, then you can at least do me a favor and shut up while I check out on my own terms!"

"Well, someone's not in a good mood."

"I'll say. She seems karzhing angry."

"Let me go check it out."

Kazak pushed several guards to the side and approached the table where Sal was taking cover.

"Sal? You... you alright?"

Jorik, realizing that guards were only monitoring one entrance, slipped out through the other one. When he finally was out of auditory range, he whispered "Freedom!" and began planning his big escape.

Kazak was too busy thinking about Sal to worry about Jorik. "Sal... Please come out."

LEGO Republic:

The Valkyrie

The "Christmas Brick"

My BZPRPG Profiles

76561198041367047.png

"I've got a broken nose, a dislocated wrist, and I'm livid enough to make a fire-spitter look calm by comparison," she growled as she took a quick peek around her barricade. "I'm just peachy."

Taking a moment to catch her breath, she let out a short laugh at the Skakdi's request.

"I've got a better idea," she shouted. "How about you and your goon squad take it somewhere else while I finish teaching this ignorant Brakas some manners?! That git's got some pain coming his way if he thinks he can just flick me in the head and get away with it!"

Edited by Timageness

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

A few moments later, Fade and a new entourage of guards reached the cafeteria. "What is going on in here?" 

GM IC

The Vortixx walked up and lightly shoved Kazak. "No more questions."

"Now, maybe next time you'll learn not to question authority... When you wake up." Reaching for his tazer, another guard got the hint and fired right into Sal's chest. It was a simple pair of electromagnets pumped with electricit from their simple firing compartment, so no puncture wounds.

Whirling around on his heel, he stood at a casual attention to Fade. "Just a bit of disobedience, sir. It's taken care of. With permission, I'd like to bring her to Dr. Halmos; she has some nose injury and a dislocated wrist."

GM IC Kazak:

"Nose injury and a dislocated wrist..."

Kazak was furious. This Vortixx was nothing more than a simple cafeteria guard, yet he dared to disobey his superior officer? 

"Officer! What you did there makes you liable for citation and suspension. I had the situation under control and you go and compromise things!"

Kazak turned to Fade. "Chief, with your permission, I'd like to get security camera footage of exactly what happened. She's been a model patient, it's only fair we give her benefit of the doubt."

LEGO Republic:

The Valkyrie

The "Christmas Brick"

My BZPRPG Profiles

76561198041367047.png

"Permission granted," he was pretty sure this particular patient had been far from model, considering he'd had her thrown into solitary the day before for being contemptuous towards him, but he wasn't going to deprive Kazak of the opportunity to figure that out for himself. 

GM IC

"Under control, sir? you just got here! how could you have her under control from across the building?"

At the moment, the Vortixx, who was more than a simple cafeteria guard, already had previous dealings with Sal. Either way, the security image would only show Sal unnecessarily questioning the guard's authority. All he did was toy with her for mocking him, and she made the move that could have knocked him out. He simply followed tactical guard training, the way he had been taught.

So he stood calmly, knowing he had a justification for every circumstance. Yet, in the back, a guard was picking himself up from under a chair that had been unintentionally chucked at him.

Oh wait.

That same guard happened to be facing the doorway, and saw a rather tired-looking Halmos sneak quietly in through the doorway. He immediately stood at a rigid attention.

IC: Lana

This whole fight between the Sal and that ###### Vortixx had caused such a commotion it had interrupted my meal. In my mind that Vortixx should have been fired, he was unfriendly toward us and went out of his way to harass patients, his very presence was toxic. 

I took a bite of an apple, I wasn't going to let this stop me from eating. "You know Scriva...in my mind a guard who does nothing but harass patients is no better than a ###### thug." I said this extra loud to make sure the Vortixx could hear me. "I bet Halmos hired the ###### too."

Edited by Lara Croft

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

"It wouldn't have been the first poor decision you've made...." Scriva said innocently.

But the doctor was already walking away....

IC: Fade. 

"I have no idea." he shrugged, "I just got here." 

Edited by Locus

GM IC

With an annoyed glare back at Lana, he suddenly understood she was referring to the Vortixx. "He was originally employed for his ability to take people down easily. Hence why he worked in Solitary to take out the more frantic patients. But we had to relocate every guard that worked there." If they didn't understand why, then maybe they belonged here.

He looked back to Fade. "Get the video footage. We'll sort this out." He suppressed a bored yawn.