Patient Counseling - OOC Topic

IcarusBen

i would like to apologize for my conduct in this discussion topic. i was unaware that dane would agree with it or find it entertaining and now i feel true remorse for encouraging his presence here

-Tyler

• Upvote 4

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

Well, if the majority of the characters who know that the asylum's going to explode suddenly find themselves not caring about it, then you guys would effectively be bringing about a premature ending to your own game, considering that the primary setting would be completely and utterly destroyed.

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

Well, if the majority of the characters who know that the asylum's going to explode suddenly find themselves not caring about it, then you guys would effectively be bringing about a premature ending to your own game, considering that the primary setting would be completely and utterly destroyed.

I don't plan for the place to go BOOM anytime soon, so... yeah.

Although, it could allow us to timeskip to a point where the Asylum is rebuilt to fulfill it's actual purpose rather than secret-conspiracy-stuff, but the monster's still lurking around...

Eh, maybe not. Conspiracy is fun!

LEGO Republic:

The Valkyrie

The "Christmas Brick"

My BZPRPG Profiles

Now a proud member of The Kanohi Force

76561198041367047.png

Spread panic amongst the guards in the hopes that they'd evacuate the patients in order to watch what I'd assume to be a pretty spectacular fireworks display from a safe distance?

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

So, are we gonna get an edit on the monster No selling everyone's attacks, or what? Cause... frankly I'm only here to Have Kotak use all of his Toa Energy in a grand finale sorta deal and then go Turaga.

If you mean just blast away at the thing until you go Turaga, then approved 1x, but wait for Ghidora.

My PMs with Ghidora are implying, to me at least, that the monster only looks like it's shrugging off attacks. You'll see what he means if he means what I think he means. It's mean.

LEGO Republic:

The Valkyrie

The "Christmas Brick"

My BZPRPG Profiles

76561198041367047.png

It's mean. :P

Basically, yeah. The Monster is not shrugging off a single attack... It's dying from them.

And about going Leeroy Jenkins Turaga... I'm fine with it, but not yet. That's actually something that I'd like to see, but if he uses it now, all that will happen is... Move the story faster and uncontrollably. When the time comes, though, it'll be perfect. ;)

So are the changes in its appearance supposed to be some sort of sign that it's constantly degenerating or something with every attack made upon it?

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

I'm still very confused as to how the monster went from "slowly decaying and becoming vulnerable" in the posts before this, and suddenly "I'm intangible and have Olmak powers". It really feels like you've railroaded us, and given all of these extra powers to the monster with no explanation, just to stop us from being able to so much as hurt it. 

• Upvote 1

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Oh you are hurting it. Well... It's hard to understand now, but that's really the reason why it's playing a goose chase now. Not because it's afraid, but if you kill the Monster, it kinda ruins its plans. So, it toys with you, doing as much as it can until it risks getting serious damage until it portals away, waiting at a new location. And if you recall, it always used portals.

Oh, and if you intend to go into that hole (honestly a wise choice) do it slowly. It's much, much deeper than it looks.

Edited by Ghidora131

Retweeting.

Upvoting. 

• Upvote 3

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

I was happy to temporarily bunny Nyhe for IcarusBen during that one week while he was away, because she wasn't doing anything particularly important and I only wound up having to make a handful of posts. 

But now, with your characters: the monster and Halmos apparently gone, you're basically asking me to carry the entire plot of this game - since Nyhe and Fade are pretty much the only Asylum staff PCs left - when I have absolutely no idea what's going on.

So yeah, I'm not cool with that. 

• Upvote 1

Are you kidding? I wouldn't throw then entire procession of the game onto one person, especially a non-GM. I have set things up so that, when actions resume, the plot shall still continue, despite the monster's disappearance. Oh sure, it not there currently staring into people's souls(R.I.P. Caetus), but that doesn't mean it can't influence actions and kill from a distance.

Okay, first off, if Nato doesn't want to GM your game for you, that's his right. It's not his responsibility to run your game when it's not convenient for you guys to do so. 

Also it's kind of unprofessional to just shove responsibilities of GM characters onto non GM players.

Secondly, all of us are still waiting for you to edit that Monster post like Ben told you to before we actually move forward.

• Upvote 1

So, are we gonna get an edit on the monster No selling everyone's attacks, or what? Cause... frankly I'm only here to Have Kotak use all of his Toa Energy in a grand finale sorta deal and then go Turaga.

As I said, it's been resolved.

Still doesn't change the fact that the post needs to be edited for us to continue.

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

Oh, wow.... this is awkward. 

Yeah, it doesn't look like anyone is gonna post till it's edited. Might want to get on that.

It's been seven days since the last post in the IC Topic, and it seems that these words still hold true.

Edited by Timageness

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

Yup.

Time to revise Sal heavily and port her on over to Infinite, I guess.

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

Okay, guys, we've got a problem. It's been seven days and Ghidora still hasn't edited the post. I sent him a PM, so I'll give it one more day, but if it doesn't work out, I might have to call in a mod or something to sort things out. 

Don't give up on Asylum yet. Just point and wag your fist angrily at the people running it all.

• Upvote 1

LEGO Republic:

The Valkyrie

The "Christmas Brick"

My BZPRPG Profiles

76561198041367047.png

Did someone ask for angry fist waving?

Because I'll do so ; You guys, Ghidora in particular, have basically killed your own game. I say this more as an outsider looking in, than as a player, as I realize I've only posted a handful of times, most of those being illegible gobbledygook.

But really, an RPG is a collaborative story. Stories require writers, ie : the players. If you don't have writers, nothing gets written. The GMs do have some say in how things progress, but rolling with the punches of the players is simply part of the game with TBRPGs. If you introduce a plot point and your players say, "nah, I don't want to do that." You have two options, try and sell it to them or drop it. In this case, literally every single active player has asked you to edit a post because they felt it invalidated their actions and effort.

Not having fixed it an entire week later is completely stupid and completely selfish. You have people that want to play your game, want to post and want to tell their stories, but YOU, the people that are supposed to foster those three things, are actively preventing this.

So yeah, basic point here is that you have people that want to play and you are preventing this. That is the complete opposite of what a GM's job is. If you have to bend over backwards and tame your own wild plot desires to give the players what they want, then that is exactly what you need to do. Being a GM is a self sacrificial job.

• Upvote 8

...but close to it

Ghidora's edited it, but I'm certain it's too OP. He hasn't gotten back to me about 135's legs getting blown off, or the fact the monster appears to be invulnerable...

I gave him a suggestion, so when he gets back to me, hopefully we'll be able to sort things out. If he doesn't edit it though... ugh. I'd hate to have to get a mod involved, but technically, Ghidora is the lead GM.

So, yeah, I agree with everything you said except... I asked for fist wagging, not waving. Wagging is clenching the fist, letting the wrist go limp and moving the arm. Waving is completely different.

LEGO Republic:

The Valkyrie

The "Christmas Brick"

My BZPRPG Profiles

76561198041367047.png

Don't give up on Asylum yet. Just point and wag your fist angrily at the people running it all.

I'll be professional about the whole situation and give it another seven days to get fixed, but if it's not done by then, I'm definitely going to implement a whole new spin on the "two weeks notice" principle and take my leave. Due to the monster's insane amount of toughness, Ghidora's hold-up of the entire IC Topic, and the fact that almost everything everybody's ever tried to do is countered in the most ridiculous manner possible, I find that to be a more than reasonable response to what's been going on lately.

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé: