The Stanley Thread

IcarusBen

__________________________________________________ _____________________________________

So, has anyone ever heard of the Stanley Parable?

In the game "the Stanley Parable", a mindless office worker named Stanley one day finds that he has had no tasks scheduled for the day. Stanley then goes off to explore the building, which he find empty and devoid of life. The game progresses via a narrator, who will suggest that Stanley take a particular route through the building. However, Stanley can choose to take a different route than what the narrator suggests, which will cause the narrator to become annoyed and pressure Stanley to get back on track.

I figured we could do something like that as a forum game. So, here goes.

RULES:
The story starts off with a man named Stanley.

The story cannot deviate from Stanley or choose a different main character. Stanley must be the focus of the story. 

Stanley's coworkers are never to be found. Ever. For all intents and purposes, Stanley's coworkers are out of phase.

Here is an example:

Player One: 
Narrator: Stanley enters a huge, decrepit room that was once clearly the home of advanced technology. In the center of the room, there is a strange glowing blue gun with the words "Aperture Science" written on the side. Stanley picks this up.

Player Two:
Stanley, having played portal 2, knows better than to pick up the gun and continues on his way.

Remember, Stanley doesn't HAVE to follow what the narrator tells him to do. The second player can contradict the first and is encouraged to do so.

This continues until we reach an end. At that point, we will begin again. Only I will decide when we've reached an ending. Once we reach an end, it will be recorded and we will reset the game back to the beginning.

For those of you who need extra background, here is the introductory cutscene from the Stanley Parable, in transcript form:

"This is the story of a man named Stanley. Stanley worked for a company in a big building where he was employee number 427. Employee Number 427's job was simple: he sat at his desk in room 427, and he pushed buttons on a keyboard. Orders came to him through a monitor on his desk, telling him what buttons to push, how long to push them, and in what order. This is what Employee 427 did every day of every month and every year, and although others might have considered it soul-rending, Stanley relished every moment that the orders came in, as though he had been made exactly for this job. And Stanley was happy.
And then one day, something very peculiar happened. Something that would forever change Stanley. Something he would never quite forget. He had been at his desk for nearly an hour when he realized that not one single order had arrived on the monitor for him to follow. No-one had showed up to give him instructions, call a meeting, or even say Hi. Never in all his years at the company had this happened - this complete isolation. Something was very clearly wrong. Shocked, frozen solid, Stanley found himself unable to move for the longest time. But as he came to his wits and regained his senses, he got up from his desk and stepped out of his office."
And now, I'll start the game.

All of Stanley's coworkers were gone. What could it mean? Stanley decided to head up to the board room. Perhaps he had simply missed a memo.
__________________________________________________ ___________________________________________

• Upvote 2

LEGO Republic:

The Valkyrie

The "Christmas Brick"

My BZPRPG Profiles

Now a proud member of The Kanohi Force

76561198041367047.png

As his body continued to whither away and hiss at the touch of the flames, Stanley knew that his constitute atoms would carry on long past his death.  Probably becoming part of the virus that kills the world.

Honestly though, the smell was beginning to get to him would this hurry up already?

Edited by Gravity

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

Unfortunately, even unburnt, the smoke had by now soaked into Stanley's lungs, causing him to drop to his knees as his vision began to dim and the carbon monoxide brewed in his body.

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

Stanley's hand brushed the elevator button, but he lacked the strength to push it; his arm landed useless beside him, and his eyes rolled back into his head.

He regretted no more.

-Tyler

Edited by tylerlicious definicious
  • Upvote 2

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

Stanley wondered how he had fallen so far, and walked towards the window in the hopes that he could throw himself through and end his menace for good and all, before further blood was shed.

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

As Stanley, in his new vampire state, noticed, he was being oddly obedient to the whims of his narrator. Feeling a bit sorry for him, the narrator ending Stanley's miserable existence.

Without his permission.

How thoughtful.

The Miserable Vampire Ending - Stanley became a vampire, became a regretful Republican and the narrator killed him.

Restarting...

Stanley decided to head to the meeting room. Perhaps he had simply missing a memo.

• Upvote 1

LEGO Republic:

The Valkyrie

The "Christmas Brick"

My BZPRPG Profiles

Now a proud member of The Kanohi Force

76561198041367047.png