A Rude Awakening: A BIONICLE/EUIV Modification

a_rude_awakening_banner.jpg

-----A BIONICLE STRATEGY GAME-----

(Formerly known as BIONICLE Universalis)

character0174.gif   Still a Work In Progress! (Including the Topic)   character0275.gif

Hello, I am Iaredios! This is a topic for requesting help for an overhaul modification for the acclaimed Grand Strategy Game, Europa Universalis IV.

Which brings me to something: most people have not played this game! It is a wonderful game. The original (vanilla) game of Europa Universalis IV is a grand strategy game, with time moving with a second or four being a day in-game (meaning that in less then several minutes a year should pass), but you have the ability to pause the game to do what you need then simply let the games time flow resume, and if it is too slow you can fast forward it like five times The game takes place anywhere between the dates of 1444 (Ottoman empire defeats a Polish-Hungarian crusade to protect Europe and then the Ottomans gets ready to destroy the final remnant of the Roman Empire, while the West is fighting in the Hundred Years' War) - 1821 (Death of Napoleon I Bonapatre and the beginning of 'Victorian'-era), where you can select any country on the planet and do what you want with them, the only goal being to make sure your country stays alive and does not become another footnote of history. In-between these two dates are series of bookmarks you can select that are considered important parts of history or just have interesting events, but you can select any date by the day. Other game mechanics include monarch points (which you earn by playing the game and spend accordingly to upgrade your country), trade, colonization (either peacefully or violently), religion (very important, each religion has different mechanics), civil duties, economics, technology, and probably most importantly, military! This game is easy to mod, where people have made their own  music playlists, countries, cultures, religions and starting dates (one extreme one going from 1 AD to 9999 AD, or like my personal mod that extends the game to 1914 just before the day WW1 starts), some even making their own worlds, like the ones in J.R.R.Tolkien's Middle-Earth, Elder Scroll's Nirn, and whatever planet Game of Thrones takes place on (all of those were done on Crusader Kings II due to it's Medieval setting, but worlds can also be created in every Paradox game, like EU IV). This modification does all of the above by doing the last one!

This video should show what the base game is like.

The mod will be, as the topic title says, be based off of LEGO's BIONICLE (Generation 1). It will take place in a time period that has not been covered in the story, 200 years after the Battle of Bara Magna. I chose this because it has been enough time for the inhabitants of the Matoran Universe to have chosen their homes, settled down, and make some history, and hopefully many of the stories that Greg Farshety started on have been finished by now. Due to the nature of this game, one won't have to tell what happened outside of the bookmark description. The initial bookmark will take place as previously stated, but over the course of the development of this game additional bookmarks will be created. I want this to be a community-driven project, so after the initial version of the mod is finished, I would be more then welcome to hear of BIONICLE fan-fiction, or a science-fantasy story that might be compatible with this world, and if accepted could be made into a bookmark; this planet is freaking huge, there will be plenty of room to fill up (just stay away from east of the Great Spirit Robot). The title 'A Rude Awakening' refers to the happy ending dream that Mata Nui envisioned for his subjects (the Matoran) and friends (the Agori), but reality settled in and violently awoke them from their vision of a peace-filled realm as the outsiders showed (Barraki, Skrall, Skakdi, Element Lords, Bone Hunters), as well as their own hearts (racial and religious divisions). Take a look at the following definition from Dictionary.com and Yahoo Answers:

rude awakening
noun
an occurrence of being made to face an unpleasant fact

Q. What is or does a rude awakening mean?

A. When a person acts or believes not in accordance with reality, he or she gets a rude awakening when he or she finally comes up against reality.

I was pondering about whether this mod should be made in Crusader Kings II, but as individuals of the Matoran Universe cannot reproduce by biological means, that was out of the question; maybe some other time I can start on a Bionicle mod that is set on post-Core War Bara Magna from about a century or two after the Shattering (let natural phenomenon have it's fun before the world tries to adapt to a new world) to before the Battle of Bara Magna (I apologize both games lack a giant robot fight simulation) (that mod actually sounds like fun).

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now, here are things that I am in need of:

--- A Few Graphic Artists, mainly for loading screens and a world map; also flags. Loading screens show important characters (Tahu, un-mutated Pridak, etc.), scenery, marching troops, and battles between armies (Skakdi v. Ateros Nova, Element Lords v. Barraki, and the like), and other things; about 15 or less would be needed. I already have one and am currently working on another. :) I have already designed some flags, but I could use some assistance with, for instance, the Element Lords and multiple tribes of former-Bota Magna (among many, many others).

The world map. As I am the main developer of this mod, I have decided to take it upon myself to create the world map. I will update my progress as I go.

---Musicians, I need unique music and/or some Nathan Furst BIONICLE-styled music to fit a grand strategy game. 15-20 songs (7-15 minutes each) would be nice for the basic soundtrack, separate playlists for individual factions/cultures could be done later. As this is being done completely free, I am sure it would be okay to use a pre-existing song that you deem to fit BIONICLE, I will be sure to give credit in the read me file and credits (music companies, you have no need to sue me. ;) ). Most of the songs need to be peaceful and non-intrusive, while some songs need to be "epic" but remain true to the atmosphere of the game and not be too distracting. I would recommend listening to the original soundtrack of Europa Universalis IV (and prepare to tune along to Andreas Waldetoft!).

---Coder, I am familiar enough with the game and could probably do this by myself, but a helper wouldn't hurt. This game is easy to mod, its just time excessive (just like the game itself. :P)

--Discussioneers: I know that is not a real word, but I could some people to just generally talk to about the course/direction of this mod, mainly discussing each faction's flag design (and meaning), cultures, religion (or virtues/beliefs), and locations, as well as organization of history. Really, I would just like a couple of Watsons.

--Modification Developers--

Head Developer:

-   Iaredios Paerkenon

Graphic Artists:

-   Iaredios Paerkenon

-   AidanBionicle1

Musicians:

-   Toa Vanson

-   Madu Cabolo

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Song Teasers (meaning only a few will be shared here, you will have to wait for the full mod to be done to have the full song list):

-  Neuropolis, by Toa Vanson - Neuropolis is what the agori call Metru Nui (it translates into Brain City). You can imagine Spherus Magna  travelers going through the ruins of Metru Nui, or a Matoran remembering the City of Legends in it's glory before the Battle of Bara Magna.

-  Song Of The Nomads, by N/A - This is a song for the Ostonigosa. it is a combination of two songs from the Rome: Total War modification, Europa Barbarorum. I must make this clear, I did not make this song, just put the two songs together since the are very alike

Loading Screens:

http://tahuzilla.deviantart.com/art/Tserkoura-v-Anonna-497787769

http://tahuzilla.deviantart.com/art/A-Rude-Awakening-Barraki-War-Chamber-concept-art-527208215

Some flags I feel are done:

Matoran Colonies

ateros_nova_flag.jpgAteros Nova/New Atero (Made by Iaredios Paerkenon)

EU IV Holy Roman Empire equivalent. The grey-blue is for the people of the Matoran Universe, while the gold is for the people of Spherus Magna and they are united by the philosophy of the Three Virtues. This country is unique in that it is an experiment to see if the two different worlds can co-exist at the behest of the god of the Matoran and the champion of the Agori, Mata Nui. Manipulated by the Cult of Makutine, a civil war between Matoran and Agori once broke out whose aftermath fed Ateros Nova's rivals the Barraki and the numerous Element Lords by an increased influx of fleeing, disgruntled denizens.

Ateros Nova is led by the Aterite Council and the joint leadership between the dynasty set up by Megas Ackarios (Ackar the Great, renown warrior and best friend of the matoran god Mata Nui), the Ackarii, and Tahu Nuva (the most powerful toa in existence thanks to his sacred golden armor that was bestowed upon him by the Kanohi Ignika during the Battle of Bara Magna). The Ackarii family sometimes adopts heirs in a display of the idea that merit comes before blood. The Aterite Council is a council made up of multiple important people, such as the dynasties set up Kiina and Gresh when they got married (Kiinani), the former turaga of Metru-Nui (Vakama and friends along with Dume), many agori douxes [dukes] and leaders of various Matoran Universe populations make up the council, with special mention for ambassadors from the Kini-Nui and the Order of Mata Nui. This country's in-game religion will be Aterite, symbolizing there being two religions existing peacefully within the confines of the lands of the Free-People's Confederacy (for lack of a better name at the moment) under secular governments, while religious rebels will rise up to separate this experimental government as heretical rebel armies (racial rebel armies will also spring up). This confederacy can unite to form a world super power (like EU IV Holy Roman Empire).

kini_nui_flag.jpgKini-Nui (made by AidanBionicle1) -

EU IV Papal equivalent. Flag is just a picture of the temple (which was built to resemble the Kini-Nui of island Mata-Nui). Later led by Takua after sacrificing his power. This country has the option to proclaim that the Matoran religion is the only one that can exist and be enemies with New Atero.

oomn_flag_2.jpg The Order of Mata Nui (The Order in-game; made by AidanBionicle 1) -

Close allies with New Atero and Kini-Nui (unless it turns against Ateros Nova) and act as a knightly order to carry out the will of Mata Nui. If New Atero and Kini-Nui is lost to foreign powers the Order will have the ability to reform into the Hand of Artakha.

Heirs to the ancient order, the Hand of Artakha, for most of it's history the Order of Mata Nui was a secret organization, secretly carrying out what they saw as the will of Mata Nui, secretly. It revealed itself to the public around the time the Brotherhood of Makuta began their invasion of Karda-Nui, the core of the Matoran Universe, and declared a war to destroy the Brothehood they have been planning for centuries, the Destiny War as their ruthless leader Toa Helryx called it.  Though hard fought and destructive (having some very large battles), the war was won by the Order and unintentially completed the plan of the Brotherhood's leader, Makuta Teridax, to ururp the matoran diety Mata Nui and place himself upon that divine throne, all after killing every last of his fellow Makuta in the process (except his predessecor Makuta Miserix) and the Toa Nuva completed their destiny.

Barraki

barraki_flag.jpgLeague of Four Kingdoms / Barraki Empire (Made by Iaredios Paerkenon) -

This country is made of vassals. In the middle is the kingdom of Pridak, who is both the figurative and literal center of this alliance-built empire. To the west lays the Kingdom of Mantax, to the south lays the Kingdom of Ehlek, and to the east lays the Kingdom of Kalmah.

These ancient warlord-kings once ruled the entirety of the Matoran Universe about 8,401 years ago, and joined by their allied brothers Takadox and Carapar as the League of Six Kingdoms. So Mata Nui, the great spirit and 'guardian' of the Matoran Universe could explore the universe outside of his body with ease, he created six warlords to govern in his place so he could achieve these other goals. They ruled justly for a long time, but noticed how they did all the ruling and got little credit as everyone still praised and worshiped Mata Nui for everything, even things he had no part of. Thinking that Mata Nui was a physical god that could be slain or dethroned by conventional means, they committed treason against their deity and creator, and sought to rule jointly as the new pantheon of the land. Their (futile) attempt was stopped by the Brotherhood of Makuta via the secret treachery of their co-ruler Takadox about 8,201 years ago. Imprisoned and set to be beheaded in front of all, they were swiped by an unknown organization and taken to a highly secretive prison where they were to pay for their crime against the Great Spirit for the rest of their nigh-immortal lives. Seven thousand years later, the prison was destroyed in a mighty quake that shook the universe, finding the prison to be outside of their universe and in a water sea that was contaminated with mutagen; being exposed by this turned them into nightmarish creatures. A thousand years later, they found a way to heal themselves, lost, discovered the treachery of Takadox, and were freed. After forcefully fighting in a war to control the fate of the universe, they witnessed how all was for naught and Makuta Teridax did what Pridak and his brethren could not, overthrow their god and exile him in wastelands yonder.

Time passed, the Battle of Bara Magna changed everything, and Mata Nui, the very being they tried to overthrow, healed them and everyone effected by that mutagen of their nightmarish forms. Restored to their true appearances, they showed themselves to the world and about half of the people coming out of the Matoran Universe that saw the warlords of old, now calling themselves kings-to-be and Pridak the true emperor of all MU races and the shell of the old universe itself, joined them as they thought they witnessed true power and people that could protect them from this dangerous new world. Pridak announced that he and his allies would be taking Ateros Nova and 'saving' the one who bestowed their authority in the first place from undeserving hands, a silent Mata Nui inside the Mask of Life. Within the first fifty years of settling and founding new kingdoms, the League of Four Kingdoms raised their forces and heavily assaulted Ateros Nova in a war that crippled both sides but especially New Atero and her vassalized allies. Defeat seemed inevitable until a squad of Toa infiltrated the Barraki Empire's lines and after incapacitating numerous guards they dueled with the kings and emperor during a holographic meeting with Takadox (which largely consisted of Pridak and Ehlek yelling at the king yonder the sea). The melee broke through the walls and eventually entered into the creation chambers, where Matoran universe were created from large pod-like machines. The toa threatened to destory them and thus hindering the advance of League populations. Fueled in anger, Pridak eventually gave in and surrendered the war, while Ehlek refused and successfully killed one of the toa while almost being killed himself before conceding. The Barraki would have only a few decades to heal from this war before the sly Takadox gave the impression of better relations before commencing an invasion with his purchased allies the Dark Hunters. it would have succeeded had Ehlek not hindered their advance with his naval and aquatic forces, and Mantax specialty of heavily armored soldiers held back the armies.

With little time to heal, the League was forced to ally with much of the rest of the MU immigrant countries in face of the Great Being Civil War. Having received word from the Great Being Agnonce that Spherus Magna had been melded and revitalized by Mata Nui, the Great Beings set course back to home. Less then half of the Great Beings were part of a conspiracy involving the incognito Great Being under the alias Velika. When in orbit those that were involved revealed themselves openly, taking over a few ships and landed just outside of Bota Magna, ready to conquer the planet at the behest of their leader, along with Velika's vorox zealot warriors, and his war-machine Marendar.

Kalmah

Mantax

Ehlek

takadox_flag.jpgTakadox (Made by Iaredios Paerkenon) -

As a former Barraki, the slight resemblance to the Barraki flag is intentional, though Takadox will defend that he created it first (he did not, however). The Red is for the blood of the native inhabitants of Spherus Magna (or the barbarians as he calls them), the blue-grey is for the blood of his Matoran Universe subjects, and the grey bars are Takadox's blades keeping his people safe and the barbarians out.

This is all propaganda, however, to put him in a good light for wanting to conquer the Matoran Universe peoples with an air of justification. This feeling of justification comes from the initial defeat of the Barraki about 8,201 years before, where he betrayed his fellow warlords to Makuta Teridax in order to be spared of his treachery towards Mata Nui and be left as the sole ruler, and thus emperor, of the Matoran Universe. Unfortunately, before this could happen, Botar, an agent of the Order of Mata Nui, took the imprisoned Barraki and sentenced them to a prison far away for 8,000 years. Re-encountering Makuta Teridax, who has then been corrupted and became the dark lord of the Matoran Universe unbeknownst to Takadox, destroyed their treaty after the course of their brief talk. Sometime later, Takadox was freed and un-mutated. He pronounced his claims not through empirical evidence (saying that it was destroyed in the Second Great Cataclysm, the MU view of the Battle of Bara Magna and the nature of the death of Teridax, through which many would understand as most lost all their possessions int he great destructive quakes)but by actions, immediately hiring large groups of MU immigrants to act as his soldiers and promised them fortune and new homes for their efforts. They traveled far, fighting the enormous forces of the newly-created League of Four Kingdoms. Defeated and low on morale, he trekked east across a great sea and ruthlessly conquered the native Agori and Vorox tribes their, subsequently making them second-class citizens, and settling in their former lands and sacking their houses and holds. Since then, Takadox has made some vassals to lessen his workload and allow himself to pursue his ambitions of conquering the MU peoples.

Makuta Followers

gold_skakdi_flag.jpg Skakdi (Made by Iaredios Paerkenon)

Other Matoran Universe Immigrants

Zyglak

Korta Magna Agori

Vorox

paiete_flag.jpgPaiete (made by AidanBionicle1)

taileen_flag.jpgTaileen (made by AidanBionicle1)

yachu_flag.jpg Yachu (made by AidanBionicle1)

naeboj_flag.jpgNaeboj (made by AidanBionicle1)

Ostonigosa

ostonigosa_3_flag.jpgOstonigosa Empire (United Bone Hunters)

The sky is their deity (blue), and gives blessings to those that feed him (he reigns supreme at day and night, the colors of the dawn and dusk are competing lesser gods, and to keep his power he needs strength from food; the stars at night being all the most worthy warriors who accompany him). He feeds off of the life force that is visualized as smoke (grey) that burns off from things (orange).

People that purposely burn to satisfy his hunger by sacrificing organic matter are given blessings. Many warriors that believe in this collect the burnt bones that remained after the burning and decorate themselves in it. This is why they are called Bone Hunters, or Ostonigosa, because they kill people or take them alive and burn them, essentially hunting for bones. When I put these peoples into the game, they will all have the same flag in the background, but a stylized animal or object will be in front of it; if they become united you will have the flag above.

Skrall & Jirapa

skrall_1_flag.jpg Jirapatine Empire (Made by Iaredios Paerkenon) -

The color Black is the color of the Jirapa giants, and in-turn their half-breed spawn the Skrall. Red is for the skin color of the Jirapa; and the maze is a copy of the shape of the Great Maze that was found in the Valley of the Great Maze, and as it was created by the Great Beings , a pantheon for the Jirapa, and houses their former headquarters. It symbolizes power equal to the gods.

The color black here has it's roots in natural antidermis, which is the physical manifestation of darned rebellious spirits who defied the plans of the creator, Grunchar. In far-flung mythic times, an oligarchy of federated kingdoms rose to power and joined together in an tribal alliance/federated empire. The Emperor of these agori, Stralovets, sought power, so abandoned the prosperity of Grunchar in order to achieve more power in this life. Legends held of great marshes that dotted Spherus Magna, marshes of that held unnatural energies and twisted the nature surrounding it, the swamps being filled with a dark tar that was living and sentient. The Emperor went down there and made a deal with the hive-minded pit agreeing to let his body be the catalyst of partially-consumed descendents until the end of time; doing so will give him angelic energies from another plane of existence, albeit fallen and rebellious in nature. Returning home, Emperor Stravolets displayed his new-found strength and insight of knowledge. Others went to the marshes and made similar covenants. The oligarchy had come to worship antidermis instead of the great potter.

As the ruling class became more powerful and corrupted, the lower classes began to worry. The properties of the dark energy that gifted them began twist them, and it was becoming more visible. In order to appease the pits to gain more power, the Empire engaged in many wars against the surrounding nomads to capture them and sacrifice their bodies by tossing them into the pits. Playing with them in deciept, the antidermic entity(ies) then said to gain more power, they should take the energy that is found in organisms and eat them: sentient ones. In horror by the oblivious acceptance of such madness and the ensuing ravenous hunger that grew among the oligarchy, a revolt occured, the peasants and yeomen overthrew Emperor Stravolets and his kings, and after a brief civil war drove the evil kings into the far Northeast. Over the course of many thousands of years, the darkness that brewed among the kings' descendents grew, as did their hunger and height: physical manifestations of their metaphysical sicknesses. Further corruption of their genes came from the eventual isolated incest between the giants as all the previous generations had already crossed over together and finally emerged as one. As their population swelled, so too did their food supply dwindle. It came to criminals being excecuted for feeding. Then a group of nomadic Agori from the south found these giants, Jirapa as they are called in their tongue, and half of them were taken, the other half were let go and told to go home. The Jirapa king was going to have all of them eaten, but decided to let them go so as to follow them. A great expedition force was rallied, and so the giants followed the Agori down to an old city. The discovery of the Agori at this time was very beneficial, as world's civilizations were still at their dawn, and were ripe for the taking.

The city was half devoured and half conquered. Word got back to the mountains of southwest Bota Magna, and tales of so many weak and small peoples made them hungry in both power and tum-tum grumbles. And so began the dusk of the lengthsome Second Era, ending in the mass conquests of the Jirapa going across half of the massive pangea. The Third Era would be known as the Time of giants, over a thousand years of dakness. By fighting and eating many of the native hunters and warriors and then taking the widows as their own, the Jirapa forcefully created a race that should never have existed: The Skrall.

skrall_2_flag.jpg Skrall Kingdom (Made by Iaredios Paerkenon) -

Black is the color for the Skrall and Jirapa, has been for thousands of years and it's true meaning has been lost. The green is for their legendary ancient hero Graeni, and the shape is the same shape on the flag he used. It is speculated that it was the shape of the first Mega Village that he created.

Element Lords

elr_flag.jpg Element Lord of Rock (Made by Iaredios Paerkenon) -

Black is the color for the Skrall and Jirapa, has been for thousands of years and it's true meaning has been lost. The white stands for the light of ancient enlightenment, as the Element Lord of Rock (name still pending), like the other Element Lords, are from an age long since passed, they see the current one as an age of ignorance and want to bring the arch-realm (planet) back to their age and thinking. The ELR is a Jirapa  and thus he will have the ability to restore the Jirapatine Empire if the Skrall Kingdom has successfully been conquered or annexed diplomatically. The ELR state was created as a replacement for the Jirapa Empire around 10,200 years before the game's first bookmark, but the Jirapatine Empire was restored in two

elof_flag.jpgElement Lord of Fire (made by AidanBionicle1)

eloi_flag.jpgElement Lord of Ice (made by AidanBionicle1)

elos_flag.jpgElement Lord of Sand (made by AidanBionicle1)

elow_flag.jpg Element Lord of Water (made by AidanBionicle1)

eloj_flag.jpg Element Lord of Jungle (made by AidanBionicle1)

Bota Manga Agori

united_bota_magna_flag.jpg Empire of Luhneah (United Bota Magna; made by AidanBionicle1)

tulufu_flag2.jpg Tulufu (a Bota Magna tribe; made by AidanBionicle1 and Iaredios)

naxkonju_flag_4.jpg Naxkonju (a Bota Magna Tribe; made by AidanBionicle1)

noxtongu_flag_8.jpg Noxtongu (a Bota Magna Tribe; made by AidanBionicle1)

bohrebeah_flag_3.jpg Bohrebeah (a Bota Magna Tribe; made by AidanBionicle1)

codehnta_flag.jpg Codehnta (a Bota Magna Tribe; made by AidanBionicle1)

chohba_flag.jpg Chohba (a Bota Magna Tribe; made by AidanBionicle1)

Velika & Allies

bm_vorox_1.jpg Vorwoud (Bota Magna Vorox kingdom; made by AidanBionicle1 and Iaredios)

The green is for the jungle they live in, and the tan is in remembrance that they are of the Sand Agori despite where they live. The black scorpion is a symbol of their jungle home, and themselves, and showing how they will strike venomously when threatened. And the gold lines show that they are rich in both wealth and culture, the patterns showing that they are not jungle savages but again in possession of a comples culture.

This group of Vorox was dwelling on Bota Magna around the time of the Shattering, and it had contact with the Great Being Velika, who planned to use them in his effort to conquer Spherus Magna once Mata Nui had successfully completed the Great Melding of the splintered planet. Velika had warned these Vorox of the upcoming Great Shattering of Spherus Magna and gave them some Great Being technology (armor, weapons), so they gathered many supplies and hid themselves in thence-sealed caves, emerging after a decade when the natural phenomenon mostly passed. Once emerged, they found much of the great forests burnt and blown down and the civilizations of Bota Magna destroyed. Velika's warning gave them a head start in civilization when compared to the agori, skrall and jirapa civilizations, which lost most of everything and had to restart from mostly tribal settings. Ages had passed and Velika, along with the rest of his race, had become revered as gods and they passed the word of Velika's blessings and covenant with this people down through the generations. Vorwoud had become a content, technologically advanced nation that isolated itself from the rest of Bota Magna except for great caravan expeditions that would make a one-time trade deal with a deemed-worthy country every hundred years or so and only conquered land when necessary (farming, population growth, industry, etc). Finally, their apocalyptic prophecies came true when their land was placed back into that of Bara Magna (shortly afterwards renamed Korta Magna (Great Grasses)) and their physical god returned to them.

oomn_flag.jpgOrder of Mata Nui (made by AidanBionicle1)

united_spherus_magna_flag_2.jpg Greater Korta Magna or United Spherus Magna (made by AidanBionicle1)

Some flags I am not satisfied with:

ostonigosa_flag_2.jpgSand Despotate (Element Lord of Sand)-

After the Core War, the Element Lords were trapped in cages of protodermis by the substance itself due to their crimes against the planet and their fellow inhabitants; eventually, they escaped and made kingdoms surrounding the Valley of the Great Beings many disgruntled and/or overly patriotic Agori left their homes (most from New Atero) and joined in the effort to make their tribe and culture the dominant one (a master race, if you will)

Other factions that need a flag:

-- An island(s) colony (whom I have no name for as of yet) that Krakua defends

-- Other Matoran island colonies.

-- Many Tribal Vorox bands (give them each a name)

-- United Vorox Kingdom; unite the tribes by either marriage or conquest and reach a certain technology level to announce to the world that the Vorox of the desert wastes have reemerged from obscurity! Beware their stinger tails!

-- Teridalla, the mountain peak headquarters for the Makuta Cult

-- Many basic looking flags for various Zyglak tribes that spot the map.

-- A united Zyglak flag, country can be created when specified provinces are gained; fulfill your revenge upon those that cursed you in ages past with a unified lizard-knuckle-sandwich!

-- Dark Hunters flag. A major faction for the west.

-- New Destral, a country led by Miserix.

-- Many elemental-based, modern-tribal-mixed Matoran flags. Small-arse countries.

-- Many agori flags. Be sure to make they are authentic-looking and professional.

-- Order of Mata Nui

-- Kini-Nui

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Things will be different from the main canon that I (and probably others) had problems with, mainly being the apparent immortality of the Spherus Magna inhabitants (I was always annoyed by this, as it made no sense to me). Some leaders and characters will be descendants of those we met in 2009, using their first name as the name of a royal house (they proved themselves in the Battle of Roxtus and the Battle of Bara Magna). Some Toa and other MU characters might be left out to imply something may have happened to them in the time gap. Things I have already explored for history files include:

Wars between

-- Ateros Nova Civil War (racial divisions orchestrated by Makuta Cult)

-- Ateros Nova and League of Four Kingdoms (Barraki for short)

-- Takadox and Barraki

--Skakdi Dominion/New Zakaz allied with Makuta Cult, against much of the known world

-- (Not a war but part of an important event) Assassination of one of Ackar's descendents by the Cult of the Makutine while protecting Ateros Nova (city) from violent cultist attacks.

-- The previous events led to the Makuta Cult showing themselves to the world and proclaiming the establishment of New Destral, despite Miserix's qualms.

-- Region-wide invasions by the brief Ostinigosa (Bone Hunter) Grand Khanate.

(Note: exact order of these things still being thought out, the first few and last couple are in a good order in my opinion)

Here is a rough edit of the Bionicle canon (specifically Spherus Magna history) to fit my vision. further additions and other histories can be found throughout this topic. The calendar system is a 36 day, and is split up into Eras, sub-divisions being Ages (if you think this should be switched around, do tell me):

First Era (Creation)

In the time before recorded time, the great potter Grunchar created the universe, molding the planes to his vision with his two hands and letting the choir of his servants, the angels, shape the realms by denting the figurative clay with sound by his conduction; each plane had it's own composition to fit their purpose. The angels that were to be his messengers to the mortal plane symbolized different parts of him rather than controlling it (fire, wisdom, light, etc). There were the arch-angels and then the standard class of angels. The most notable of these angels were the entities Wairuha and Akamai and the archangel Tuitoito. The unmentioned nimrods abused their gift of sentience, seeking to create their own image in a way where they lack the authority. A duel of tongues lashed as the uproar heightened and half of their kinds splintered off, the rebels eventually outmatched. Faced with the might of the creator, half of them admitted that they were wrong, and so to continue to serve Grunchar's will while being punished, they were sent to the mortal realm and were made into a single collective consciousness in the form of what appeared as glowing mercury. Seas of this 'protodermis' inhabited not only the center point of Creation, The Great Orb, largest terrestrial arch-realm of the mortal plane, but every arch-realm worthy life as the potter crafted.The Great Orb, christened Spherus Magna in later times, had the most amount. For the rebels that did not apologize and did not see the foolishness in their way of thinking, however, they were to also be sent into the mortal plain, also gathered into a collective consciousness, but were personified as a tar-like substance that spewed forth green gasses. Likewise, the substance later christened 'antidermis' was separated across the mortal plane, to be watched by the protodermic collections and to be publicly humiliated as all sentients will avoid the sight of pure death and stench.

The aforementioned sentients were molded to mortality on their respected arch-realms and sang life to them and deemed good. On the arch-realm of Spherus Magna, there were The First Ones, or Precursors, as they are nicknamed for lack of better words.

Second Era (Era of Giants and the Rise of the Skrall)

Third Era (Era of the Great Beings, Element Lords and the Core War)

Fourth Era (Era of Anarchy and Glatorian Age)

After the Core War from 10,000 years ago, anarchy swept the planet as it was torn into three. Seven thousand years passed in a pan-global dark age. Most suits of armor from the Core-War (which were highly advanced with ancient Mesopotamian aesthetic designs on them) to have been either destroyed by the Shattering or rendered useless a by it. With civilizations having to restart, there would be legends of these suits of armors and only the most worthy of warriors would be able to find and retrieve usable suits of armor and keep them (as a lot of people also wanted these). During this time the people of the Water Tribe founded the city of many springs, Tajuun. Producing much water, Tajuun under the rule of King Geradonus grew from being a kingdom to a hydraulic empire that conquered many other areas that had access to many springs (including Tese and Errah). For a hundred years the Tajuunite Empire held hegemony over the land, but eventually people mustered the courage to demand free access to water from this foreign yolk. A revolt erupted and great civil war ensued, the kingdoms and auxiliary towns of Vulcanus, Tese, Errah, Lofatisopolis (lah-fah-tease-op-pah-lease), Atero and other smaller states, resulting in the fragmentation of the Tajuunite Empire and the Year of Truces. It was during this year that Tese and Errah conjoined the sister cities and became one kingdom and one city: Tesera. After the truces ran out people fought amongst each other again for one reason or another.

370 years later a great adventurer rose to power and tamed the western half of the ring-realm Bara Magna (the Shattering having ripped off the east and west into Bota Magna and Okeanos Magna). His name was Grachus Certavus (ancestor of Certavus IV the Noble), and rather than unite it all into a single political realm, he united them into a united economic system, which he christened the Arena System. or the Glatorian System. The Arena System is a bartering system based on the outcome of hired and trained warriors, called Glatorian (a corruption of the word Gladiator, a slave who does the same thing only in death matches, which are outlawed in the Arena System).

Meanwhile 500 years later in the Matoran Universe, the Toa, in a final war against evil in the Matoran Universe (Destiny War), were tricked by the dark lord/great malevolence Makuta Teridax into helping him overthrow their god Mata Nui. In doing so, this revealed to everyone in the Matoran Universe that their entire universe was inside the body of a godly robot smaller than the size of Earth as he gloatingly said as such in the face of the Toa while shifting the stars to look like his old face. In case something like this were to happen, the Mask of Life (or Kanohi Ignika) was to suck all life out of the Matoran Universe and render it all barren and lifeless rather then let the forces of shadow win. So, Makuta Teridax, utilizing his new-found godly powers, took the wandering soul of Mata Nui, placed it into the Ignika while it was preparing doomsday, and shot it out into space; before doing that he killed off the rest of his race to ensure that no one will challenge his powers (save one). Being outside of the Matoran Universe, the Ignika reset it's countdown, returning to a golden state.

For thousands of years the villages of Greater Bara Magna, as these inhabitants came to call the arid, largest remnant of Spherus Magna, lived in peace (aside from the all-to-common Ostonigosa caravan raids and village sieges), until the Skrall from the Northern mountains came down, forced themselves into the Arena System, and began to win every single match. This upset the balance in the region. It was around this time that individuals such as Ackar, Kiina, and even Gresh rose to fame for the their heroics and aptitude in battle, claiming old Core-War armor as their own, the display of such armor showed their greatness in battle. The last Jirapa Emperor of the Jirapatine Empire, Tumallus, saw the Agori weak and sacked and destroyed their holy city, the ancient capital of Greater Bara Magna and the trading capital of the region, Atero, officially declaring war. Months passed and the Skrall won every field battle. Just as Tumallus was readying his soldiers, the unholy hybrids the Skrall, a helm fell from the second heaven. The sacred helm, which commanded life at whim, encased the soul of a fallen god, whom had just been banished due to negligence by a great malevolence. This fallen hero, Mata Nui, rallied adventurers and through trials of humility and courage, ending with the quest to find a Core War suit of armor his forging of customizations to it, he eventually defeated Tumallus in combat and together he and his allies defeated and splintered the Skrall Empire, ousting a certain Agori traitor as well. In the week that followed Mata Nui and friends trekked far and wide, and in the north at realm's end then found ruins of the Great Beings and their Great Maze (found in the appropriately named Valley of the Great Beings).

Meanwhile, over at Aqua Magna and the Matoran Universe, Makuta Teridax had since renamed the Matoran Universe as the Makutaverse in an ever-prideful display of his power. Over the past year, as Mata Nui traveled to and fro the regions of West Bara Magna, Makuta Teridax had broken the spirit of most of the people he claimed to rule, effectively ruling over them through fear, total domination, and the truth. The Makuta told all of how their guardian Mata Nui was all but, how he took the claim of others' work, ignored his subjects while paying attention to worlds that never knew of his existence, and only payed attention to his subjects when his life was at stake; Makuta Teridax could feel that his destiny was to be a god himself, and outraged that their guardian did little, the Makuta decided to take it upon himself to usurp this 'tyrant' and put in place himself upon that allegorical throne, where he could watch over the people the Matoran Universe and abolish all that was pro-Mata Nui. using his prophet, the faux-turaga Ahkmou, this propaganda had actually swayed half of the Matoran Universe, the other half knew that there had to be more to the story then what was being told but dared not make a peep lest they too be executed for treason against the new regime. The only opposition that remained was the small remnant of the initially universe-wide rebellion: only a two dozen individuals were left to defy the Great Malevolence.  He did not see them as a threat, and so let them be, toying with them with his evil servants as the Toa and their allies continued in their futile mission.

Makuta Teridax had sensed that the Ignika did not stay in orbit as he planned, rather instead landing on Bara Magna. After a full year of partially watching him from afar, Teridax's scanners showed the Agori of Greater Bara Magna gathered together and transported pieces of metal from near there village homes, both figuratively and litterally uniting their villages under the guidance of Mata Nui and Ackar after the passing of many weeks. The finished product surprised everyone: it was a giant robot simmilar to that of the Matoran Universe, just smaller and not as hallow. Seeing that the ant that was Mata Nui could become a threat to his power with such a weapon, he began to ready an invasion force for Bara Magna.

Fifth Era (Modern Day)

In the aftermath of the Battle of Bara Magna

Cultures:

-- Korta Magna Agori: The culture of the agori (both Tall and Small racial variants) of Korta Magna is Byzantine, being influenced by both Latin and Greek roots, wearing togas, having access to automatons from earlier generations, and rare technology from the Great Beings and the Core War; the greatest warriors are given ancient armor from the Core War, giving them a superior advantage to the lamellar and scale wearing commoners. For centuries after the Core War, the Tall Agori pushed around and often enslaved their smaller cousins, and though the dark age has long since passed, it is still a sensitive issue. After the Shattering, many agori borrowed cultural aesthetics from the Ostonigosa and ideas from previously-civilized vorox peoples, adapting desert-proof wear and building to their own; after the Melding this stuff has slowly began to be phased out. Some of the more well known Korta Magna Agori settlements include: Vulcanus, Tajuun, Tesera, and Iconox.

--Matoran: The Matoran are a peculiar culture, carrying both the ancient tribal traditions of pre-enlightened Great Beings into their initial creation and the spread of Mata-Nui (island) Matoran cutlure, and their own culture which has flourished for many thousands of years and is very technology-dependent. They decorate their intricate exoskeletons with tattoo-like paintings; this was initially phased out with Matoran of the northern Matoran universe, the ones of Metru-Nui instead having the top of their masks silver then fade to the masks actual color, but after living outside of Metru-Nui for one thousand years the Matoran of Metru-Nui (or Mata-Nui) went back to their origins and adopted more tribal traditions, and even expanded upon their myths to create a religion based on not only the three virtues given to them by the Great Beings, but virtues for each of their tribes. Since immigrating to Spheros Magnos and having lots of contacts with the non-primal elemental tribes (gravity, lightning, the green, etc), said tribes also developed religious principals based around their tribes and cultures. Most Matoran are hard and diligent workers, taking pride in their work as they labor to please their watchful idol Mata Nui (formally this was done to ensure the body of the Great Spirit survived, but due to it's destruction, it now has a more symbolic meaning to it); Matoran that do not enjoy working are either just plain tired or lazy, or they are destined to become Toa later in their lives, as eccentric Matoran have been known to be chosen ones.

The Matoran are made out of artificial organic protodermis, both hard (both exo- and indo-skeletons) and soft (muscles and organs) variants. They need to have a steady supply of energy, which in ages past was used full 24-hour recharge every several decades, but after living outside the Matoran Universe for a thousand years, the Matoran of Metru-Nui have grown accustomed to gathering energy by food, which they can eat through either their mouths or through small nutrient extractors on the palm of their hands (which they activate by will). These nutrient extractors surround a small little port with weak magnetic properties that enable them to have a limited control over certain devices and tools from the Matoran Universe, like say a staff with a blade at the end, and the blade has many circles, lines various other intricacies that can move to the wielders will like an extension of their nervous system (this bond ceases whenever a matoran wills it; the magnetic properties only work on tools from the Matoran Universe cultures).

Matoran also have to wear masks (kanohi, in their tongue) that act as their face, and without these they begin to weaken until they succumb to a comatose slumber. The masks have a standard shape, but after wearing one for a while a mask begins to develop a soul imprint on it, and the mask slightly changes to conform to the individual, making the mask become more animated and expressive like an organic face; the soul imprint also means that a trace of their metaphysical being is left on it, so by pouring life energy (which every living being has, just the Matoran Universe inhabitants have easier access to it) onto the mask you can completely resurrect the matoran. Certain Matoran have prescribed Destinies that have been written out by Grunchar the Creator (though the Matoran give this credit to Mata Nui, who only recognized prophecies given to him by the Great Beings), and can be transformed into super-powered beings called Toa, whom, once they have fulfilled their destiny, can sacrifice their Toa energy for a greater cause and turn into de-powered Toa called Turaga, who usually use their incredible life experiences as a source of wisdom in guiding Matoran as village and community elders.

-- Jirapa: The Jirapatine Empire (or just Jirapa in-game) is a government that goes back thousands of years before the Core War. It is ruled by a race of giants called Jirapa, which itself means giants in Agori and Matoran. Long ago they met the Agori, and satisfied their hunger upon their warriors, those meek women that were left over the forced to give them children. This resulted in the unholy creation of the Skrall. Since then, the Jirapa had always been ruling over the Rock Tribe Agori as slave masters and possible eaters and using their unholy spawn as fit warriors for their pillaging armies. Ironically, it would be one of these fit warriors that would begin the decline of the Jirapa Empire, as the legendary Green Skrall, Graeni, started an insurrection based in Greater Bara Magna, freeing many Agori and slaying many giants before being killed by his enemies. The Jirapa race name themselves the Rock Tribe because: the Jirapa see themselves as the spawn of a titanic hermaphrodite goblin-god that dwells within the mountains or (maybe is) one of the mountains of northern Spherus Magna (Bota Magna region), naming themselves Sons of the Mountain in their mysterious native tongue; to translate easier in the Agori tongue, they went by the name Rock Tribe. Some time after the Core War, the Jirapatine Empire (which is another name for it) found a way into the Valley of the Great Beings, and were enchanted by the shape of said maze. Myths hold that ultimate power lay inside the mighty volcano that toward forth from the mazes center, so they made the maze their flag in symbolizing that they were a force to be reckoned with.

By attempting to open the maze, the Jirapa were cut down one by one by the shape-shifting Baterra robots that were inside of the maze until years later the Jirapatine Emperor Tumallus was all that was left on Bara Magna. Tumallus sought to conquer Greater Bara Magna, unite the tribes, then use all the combined resources to fight back what he saw as the greater threat. After dueling the exiled god and champion of the Agori, Mata Nui, while injured and losing to him, Tumallus was exiled as was custom; he lived in a cave where he was brought food by those that still honored his nobility and often brought council to his regent Stronius (an Elite Skrall at the time) through written word until he died. Since then, the Skrall Empire has been ruled by a dynasty of regents that descend down from the mighty warrior Stronius. The Jirapatine Empire can be legally recognized (created in-game) once a Jirapa has been put in power. Most Jirapa have been slain, but there are still pockets of these giants still in existence, all of which are located in Bota Magna. Most Jirapa are vassals of the Element Lord of Rock, while some others are still independent and wish to be the Emperor of all Jirapa (which would mean the conquering of the Skrall Kingdom and the slaying of the Element Lord of Rock, yeah good luck fellas).

-- Skrall:  The Skrall are a savage and brutal race with traditions going back to thousands of years before the Rise of the Great Beings and the Core War. In far flung ancient times (thousands of years before the rise of the Great Beings), there was a Skrall born green named Graeni [Gray-any], and his initial rescue from his Jirapa father as a baby by his mother (the father did not approve of his skin color and thence was going to commit infanticide via cannibalism), the child grew into a warrior and after slaying his father fought to protect the Agori (both small and tall) from these giants, establishing a great hold in what is now greater Bara Magna, naming it the Chorios Megali Agora (Great/Mega Village of the Agori). Unfortunately, he was slain in battle when the vassals of the Jirapa Emperor stop their petty fighting and opted to put down what they saw as strait insurrection from one of their subjects, as Graeni was a Skrall; many giants died that day, but the greatest of which had to have been Graeni himself. He showed that Skrall, though created by Jirapa, do not have to chain themselves to their will and can make their own destiny.

Now to modern times, the Skrallos Kingdom (or Skrallos, as they will be called in-game) was unofficially started after the exile of the last Jirapatine emperor Tumallus. His strongest warrior, Stronius, adopted the color of Graeni and gathered a sizable amount of the shattered empire's forces and exacted his revenge by attacking Mata Nui's allies in the Battle of Bara Magna, but once the Makuta's forces were greatly weakened, Stronius saw fit to save his people and withdrew. Afterwards, Stronius, bested his rivals in a brief civil war and claimed imperial authority, changing the colors from Jirapa-red to Graeni-green; the signal to change the colors expressed a change in government). Thence also abolishing the treaty made between the traitorous Agori named Metus and the former emperor Tumallus, and had scholarly Agori slaves create a document for him (as he was mostly illiterate) that said that he (and his descendents) was to be emperor until one of the true emperors claims his seat on the throne (notice how he didn't say "until the true emperors return to this realm (realm being the word replacement for planet) or the contemporary ruler advocates the throne for another.

After the Element Lords were freed, they made kingdoms surrounding the Valley of the Great Beings, and after many patriotic Agori flocked to them, they were able to push back the Baterra and formalize their land holdings. The Element Lord of Rock has engaged many wars against the Skrallos Kingdom for what he sees as his rightful throne.

If any Jirapa conquers the Skrall or tensions between these two could be eased, then the two nations can merge to reform the Jirapatine Empire (Only Jirapa, the ancient race of giants, can legally rule Jirapatine Empire without the institutions of regency, as that is what he saw the Skrallite Kingdom to be). As the Element Lord of Rock is a Jirapa and is immortal due to the nature of the elemental armor that has bonded to his body for multiple millennia, he is the perfect choice; there are other Jirapa nations too, but not as powerful as the ELR. If you wish to finalize the death of the Jirapa and cement the eternal rule of the Skrall, then by the memory of Graeni that ancient giant must be slain! Only then will the Skrall be totally free to conquer the weaker races.

-- Ostonigosa (or Bone Hunters when translated into Matoran, also called Gatherer(s)): These peoples are nomads that have palisade-fenced villages a couple of proper holds throughout their khanates. In early civilization, after migration periods began to dwindle and agori tribes settled down, there were some that were just accustomed to the nomadic way of life, and called forth city life as being blasphemous in the eyes of Grunchar, the universal potter who molded the realms and great star fields with his hands. After a while, they also left behind Grunchar as well, worshiping the sky instead along with a pantheon of lesser gods. They saw how fire feeds the sky through smoke, and concluded that their prime god ate the life force being freed from organic matter as it traveled into his heavenly domain in the form of smoke. When the Jirapa (a race of giants that are descendents of evil kings of old mythic times that practiced cannibalism that were exiled into the northern mountains) emerged from the north and began their conquest and feasting on the many settled Agori tribes that dotted the globe, they praised their gods for their barbaric lifestyle, and invented the sacrificing of preferably living sacrifices (usually animals,  the city dwellers they despised or their criminals), attacking many of the remaining villages in order to capture and pillage, and give sacrifices to their god(s) for sparing them from the man-eating heightful monsters. Their way of life barely changed after the Shattering of Spherus Magna, it just made life harder. Forced contact with Agori villages spread ideas from both sides around, the devastated agori adapting desert-proof clothing in combination to their pre-existing styles, and trading of the thornax launcher (thornax being a prickly desert fruit that grew from spiky thistles and is explosive when raw, the thornax launcher being a contemporary Core War weapon that is similar to a crossbow, only it fires thornax fruits instead of sharpened bolts) and other finished goods. Some Ostonig

Edited by Iaredios Paerkenon
  • Upvote 5

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

We are all but grey specks in a dark complex before a single white light

As a player of Paradox's grand strategy games (and sometime modder when I feel like going to the effort), I can say that you aren't at lack for ambition here.

However, it's best to start really with getting a map and the history done first, so you can get a base to work things off. Then add national ideas, events, decisions. Music and loading screens seem a bit far-off, though for the latter you could use an existing picture, maybe a part from the comics, if you want.

Really, it hinges on whether or not you have a map.

As a player of Paradox's grand strategy games (and sometime modder when I feel like going to the effort), I can say that you aren't at lack for ambition here.

However, it's best to start really with getting a map and the history done first, so you can get a base to work things off. Then add national ideas, events, decisions. Music and loading screens seem a bit far-off, though for the latter you could use an existing picture, maybe a part from the comics, if you want.

Really, it hinges on whether or not you have a map.

Why hello Purple God, welcome to my project.

I know this. I have rough ideas for a map, but I guess I wanted it to be a sort of art challenge to see which one is the best one; and the history I almost got done. :P I study history extensively so I have been working on making one for Spherus Magna, using Earth's as a basis for it.

Here is the thing though: Do you think a mod like this should be used for Crusader Kings II, or EU IV? I have been pondering this myself. EU IV is more advanced than CK II in world conquering game mechanics, while CK II allows more RPG aspects. They both use the Clausewitz Game Engine and thus are very similar, yet the modifications to the game engine for each game are so different that it also makes them, in-turn, different.

Do you have any ideas for, well, anything?

By the way, it's cool to see someone else that plays these marvelous games. :)

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

CKII it is. Now to change the name. :P I was wondering if EU IV was a good choice or not. Thanks. This also makes the creation easier, as I won't have to have a global map, just a huge region of it.

I always imagined the Agori to look like humans with exotic skin colors, like red, blue, and green; the faces on the sets just being helmet visors, akin to what Renaissance knights and some ancient warriors wore, they just switched it up to show the face and flip it back to to cover it. It should be relatively easy to change people's skin colors in the game with the help of GIMP.

The Skrall are an ugly bunch: kind of 'orcish' in nature, but red-brown in color, and have ugly arse faces due to my head canon origin of them. http://tahuzilla.deviantart.com/art/Skrall-Origin-Wallpainting-498721124

The following is from Microsoft Word and creates a general origin for the Skrall. I apologize if it is kind of creepy, I wanted to play off of the myths of Giants.

Tuma has been renamed Tumalus (to sound less stupid) and is from a race separate from, but related to, the Skrall. Tumalus’ race is called the Jirapa (plural, Jirapii). The Jirapa are a race of giants who conquered an area greatly spanning Bota Magna and the mountainous region between Bota Magna and Greater Bara Magna. They acted as an elite class of rulers over conquered Rock and Forest tribesmen. When being conquered or displaying justice, the Jirapa would eat the captured soldiers that did not want to be slaves and take their women as forced concubines, the outcome resulting in the unholy hybrid between Jirapa and Agori named ‘The Mixed’, or Skrallos (or simply Skrall for the English/Maori speakers from the Matoran Universe; in turn the Spherus-Magnans call this the ‘Metal Realm’ due to they all being biomechanical robots). The Skrall are treated as being above the just-below-average height Agori (all Tall Agori for these conquered bands having been killed in battle or eaten by the Jirapa rulers for they would not stand foreigners that could oppose their power). The Jirapa, Skrall and conquered/assimilated Agori did not have a written langue prior to the establishment of the Despotic System by those elder gods named the Great Beings (their unwillingness to take responsibility of leadership led to the Element Lords of the Despotic System to ignite the Great War, or Core War, and Shatter the realm.) While the Agori later developed a simplified system of text, the Jirapa and Skrall continued to use the traditional written language even as over centuries it became simplified in a different (and admittedly barbaric) appearance.

After the Shattering and while Mata Nui explored distant realms in the Wall of Stars, the Jirapa holdings that were stranded on Bara Magna threw themselves into a series of wars in an attempt to unify the kingdoms after the imprisonment of the Element Lord of Rock by the sentient Protodermis. One warlord succeeded, Malus the Great, named as such because he defeated his opponents (he and his council members feasting upon them thereafter) and restarted trade with the Agori of Greater Bara Magna. His new state was called the Jirapatine Empire and with it the founding of a capital, Usokthok. The Jirapatine Empire lasted for 16 centuries, the Empire often going south into those desert wastes to perform raids on Agori herding villages and come home to Usokthok with sacrificial dinners for their gods (the Great Beings being a part of this pantheon); this, and the frequent Ostonigosa raids to appease their high-god Dimykinal, led to the creation of the four great villages of Greater Bara Magna: Vulkanus, Tajun, Tesara and Ikonox. With walls to keep out the 10-15 ft. tall man eating nobles, security fortified, and the scarcity of resources and manpower after the Core War, the villages created the Bara Magna Arena Economical League. This system is also called the Glatorian System and it is an economical union that uses a bartering system dependent on hired arena fighters called Glatorians who fight in arenas with no death-matches, the winner gains the wagered resources. Winners are paid handsomely while the losers, depending on the situation, are looked down upon or harshly ridiculed and out-casted by society (Not meaning exile, but rather no longer welcomed). The Jirapa did not join this because they felt they did not need to, and would rather utilize traditional gladiator fights, slaves fighting to the death for entertainment.

As the Empire of the Jirapa grew, the need for soldiers increased. The Jirapa clans forced the female Skrall to spawn more children, often times forcing family members to use one another in a bid to increase their ranks. It was in this situation that the female hybrids had suddenly been abolished of their ignorant barbarism and their minds were gifted with enlightenment; more than that, they were gifted powers of the mind that allowed them to manipulate objects with a mere thought. Claiming to be freed by a Great Being, they slaughtered the many soldiers and some Jirapa that wanted to use them (many a room slick with gore) and enacted a mass exodus east, far away from Jirapa holdings and created a dominion inside of a foreign valley that was literally at the edge of the world (With the Shattering that occurred after the Core War, the realm of Spherus Magna was splintered into three parts and the realm looked like someone took two bites out of a cookie, joining the existing bleached wasteland as satellites would be two parts: a large part of the Great Ocean, and the northern region. The largest part of the planet

The Jirapatine Empire was doing well in its barbaric ways: great structures made of gathered stone and dirt and clay were crafted and flower wars were often enacted to continue the great sacrificial feasts to earn the favor of whichever gods (war, agriculture, rain, etc.). And though to the public of the lower classes these horrific actions were guised by sacred rites, these were long ago originally created to justifiy their craving for the smaller ones, though overtime knowledge of this was forgotten and people of later generations continued these under delightful ignorance. If Ikonox was not located so remotely high in the White Quart Mountains they too would have fallen to the rule of giants. All of this would abruptly stop with the discovery of a hidden valley filled with a thick brush and a towering volcano in the distance, right in the middle of this valley. Once one has traversed through the brush or sighted the valley from a mountain, they would see a relic of the Great Beings: an enormous maze of grand stature, no doubt one of the great wonders of Bara Magna. Skrall scouts sent reports of the maze to the emperor Volhallo, was so intrigued by these reports that he proclaimed that for the honor of the empire his forces must secure these grand ruins. Volhallo came there in person for a grand opening of the structure, which led to great frustration when the ancient computer gave a riddle and the barbarians were oblivious to it.

An adventurer from down south had found a plate of metal with circular writing on it, writing that would later be known to be of the Matoran Universe/Metal Realm, the only comprehensible thing being pictures of a large red dot, a mountain, and the cardinal direction of north. Going north, the adventurer went on a long, perilous journey, meeting others along the way that joined the explorer on the need for answers about this nagging riddle that enchants whomever looks upon its glyphs and drawings. After many a great and terrifying sight, this adventurer eventually stumbled upon the Valley of the Maze, trekking through the thick brush with his party and snuck through the Skrall camps. Approaching the Maze entrance, the quest-seekers were confounded with the riddle: Through the Great Spirits of Old will one discover the paste of souls. Then, a force beyond his own gave the answer to the explorer: the ‘lesser deities’ of the Great Beings, Wairuha [Wisdom] and Akamai [Valor], and their emitted energy, Tuitoito [Faith].

With the riddle of the Great Beings solved, the gates opened, causing the adventurers to drop their arms in awe. The massive uproar of ancient machinery awoke the unholy hybrids, and their kings stood in yawning roars, all of them approaching the massive gates as fast as their tired forms would allow. Volhallo and his Jirapa brethren saw the adventurers, but paid no heed to them. Past the gates was a hallway of darkness so large that it made the Jirapa feel like insects. Once the massive gates stopped and the old dust settled, Volhallo sent several of his Skrall to walk in there, torch and blade in hand. Upon walking possibly 20 feet into the Great Maze, four thin angular blue lights dimly lit. They were soon followed by many, many others in the same four grouping. They all then charged out and killed the recon troops. They all then looked out towards the entrance of the Maze and after a minute of deathly silence, a mass whirring and stomping of machinery exploded out of the massive hallway and the grouping of lights bounced and moved closer and closer to the entrance. Stepping out into the combined lights of the moons and torches for the first time in 16,000 years, the owner of these four lights appeared as such: chrome white and metallic blue were the colors of the humanoid, dusty machines, stocky bodies covered in spikes, those four angular lights being the creatures eyes upon the spiky white head and sharing the space with large teeth that protruded out of the bottom jaws; and while their toes were a bit sharp, their fingers came in two, and where large moving blue blades, shard as swords yet moved like phalanges should. And though these creatures were small compared to the Jirapa, being around 5 foot 5 inches, they displayed the most deadly ability to have ever been shown to a Jirapa or Skrall since the days of the Core War: Shape-shifting. They immediately started slaughtering the Skrall soldiers and Jirapa lords with their finger blades, including the Emperor Volhallo, completely ignoring the cowering, unarmed Agori. After the first hundred were killed with ease, the Jirapatine Imperial forces melted away. The routing forces were hunted down and slaughtered. Horrified from what they saw, the Agori adventurers ran away in fright, returning home and taking their map and memories with them, their leader throwing the sheet of metal back into the area where it was found and the sands burying it up for him. The mass death toll escalated, destroying the Jirapatine Empire and forcing the Jirapatine to form tight groups and gather their personal armies of Skrall masses of Agori slaves into old Imperial fortresses.

Before the opening of the Great Maze gates and the mass death that followed, there were sightings of these creatures every now and then, those that survived to tell the tale were awarded for their cunning and bravery by being given a formal name. These creatures were called by the Skrall and their giant overlords Baterra, meaning ‘Silent Death’, and were believed to have been wild wraiths. Hundreds of years after the release of the Baterra, after each of the old fortresses were infiltrated by the Baterra (much to the disdain of the paranoid Jirapa), it came down to one legion, one Jirapa, and one fortress.

There is the origin for the Skrall. Here is a history of the Ostonigosa (Bone Hunters) from several decades before the game's main bookmark. After reading this, the flag should make sense; I also apologize if this seems kind of creepy, I study religion and history (history more FYI) and I felt that the Bone Hunters needed to be fleshed out a bit and given a reason for continued barbarism. This is from an abandoned Epic I was writing, abandoned because I realize that my ideas would be better suited for a video game. :P  Here you go:

By the time they got back several more people had joined the little group, one of which was temporary: a messenger from the Capitol. Sullixios overheard the following: “My Lord, strange movement has been seen along our border. Either it is an Ostonigosii [bone Hunters] horde, immigrants, or enemy movement. What shall we do sir?” “Pssh, a horde of Ostonigosii seems quite unlikely; they were almost wiped out not too long ago so it is doubtful they would have recovered their numbers so swiftly. Keep an eye out though, and come back when you have something worthy of note.” The messenger nodded, bowed, and then ran back to the Capitol. Sullixios walked over to his father as his wife took a seat in front of the group, whispering that she is the daughter-in-law of the Proekelarios [leader] slyly. “Here you go Dad. I also got you this” Sullixios said as he handed Trepolios a tender fig. “Thank you my son.” He said and smiled, then hugged him. Sullixios had often heard horrible rumors of the Osonogosii, so then asked his father: “Dad, I don’t know who the Ostonogosii are exactly, some people say one thing… others say another… could you mind clearing that up for me?” After taking a bite, Trepolios began to talk, and then stopped until his mouth was empty. “Sorry about that” He said in a muffled voice, and then swallowed, making his voice clear again.

Trepolios began. “The Ostonigosii [bone Hunters] are nomadic barbarians” [These monsters are much like our Huns in appearance aside from a couple of things] “They have elongated skulls and usage of leathers and scale armor; and they worship the sky and to thank him/it for their freedom from the ‘liberally enslaving wall-dwellers’ and their caught game, they: capture people, be it soldier or citizen, pacifist women or children, and sacrifice them upon stone column pillar altars that dot the growingly more-arid plains, the smoke from the loud sacrifice being seen as the life force, or soul substance, going into the sky for it to be eaten by the big blue entity. They collect the charred bones and shape them to be sewed unto leather armor for design purposes and use larger fragments to make elaborate arrowheads and knives. If they are unable to sacrifice a person in several months then they each take a piece of their own flesh and feed the sky deity with that, causing many to appear to have lost a finger or ear, among other things. Many times their shamans will use strange plants that make them act even stranger, sometimes calling forth a sort of holy war upon the ‘wall-dwellers’ to liberate them from their slothful lifestyle, while if they refuse then there will soon by plenty of black bones out on the market. The holy warriors would tattoo their faces with spiky designs to show their tribesmen their piety.” Sullixios was horrified by what his father told him. “As you know, like with all men, or things in their case, people will use their faith as a front for something else, and as such many of the Ostonigosii will just pillage and plunder, a Matoranche palisaded village afterwards looking like the clouds flooded the settlement with liquid mercury, when in your heart you know otherwise. Most times though, it is greed, the curse of sentience. For gold and gems the land will feed the sky. One of the most famous tribal leaders of the Ostonigosa was Fero and his dreaded giant Rock Steed that towards above other who had very nearly sacked Vulkanus but was stopped by Magnos Ackarios and many of the same warriors who would journey with Mata Nui, the Great Band.” Many of the older folks knew what was coming next, and they left the temple in pain. Sullixios guessed them to be veterans, and also saw his father reluctant to go on, then motioned for Sullixios and Vira to follow him into a chamber and closed the doors.

Trepolios took a deep breath and swallowed hard, then spoke once more. “Now, I was acting leader of Ateros Nova, and during that time, around 178 years After the Battle of Bara Magna (ABBM) or 178 of the Fourth Era (4E; whichever you prefer), the Ostonigosii were gathered in unification and conquered all, or at least much of the continent, including most of our country aside from our city and the surrounding land. Even the Barakoi and Element Lords, and their insatiable hunger for land, isolated themselves in fear and defended themselves as the barbarians crushed all in their path in their Great Holy War of Spherus Magna, led by their powerful and charismatic khan Soluchi Altan. We sent out a few expedition parties to negotiate with the Ostonogosa Khan, but their response was campfires visible from our walls and smoke columns. After five years of conquest they thence besieged our city, occupied helms rocketing aflame over our walls and littering our streets and breaking windows, and as did their bone-carved arrowheads, some even tipped with the now-rare Thornax berry; their explosive properties made the scene more nightmarish. In response, Toa Pohatu, Onua, and Hewki lifted the city to a steeper height, laying the city at it’s current position. The haunting echoes of their throat singing could be heard even in the Temple of the Guardian. Rather than starve, I planned with Vakama, and Tahulios and even the leaders of the Order of Mata Nui and the Canons of Kini-Nui, respectfully, and we decided to draft every able bodied sentient, man or woman, Agorianos or Matoranche, and we assaulted their siege camps in the midst of night. Their numbers were like the stars, as were their camp fires. I fought many great warriors, never killing them but disabling them so that they might have wished to be dead. The sight of the warriors Pohatu, Kopaka, Takua, Aksahk [Axonn in Matoran], and the good twin of Teridallus and others combat was legendary, awesome in sight. I joined with Greshos II (whom was named after his famed ancestor), and our powered arms of Fire and Air, respectively, halted the path of many a rider, even those gifted with Metal Realm equipment. He was graphically crippled, but luckily the brothers of House Kiina found him and carried him back up our mountain, but not before having to fight their way through.”

“Trekking across the battlefield I sought out Soluchi Altan and I found his tent just as he was walking out, ready for war aside from his helmet that was being placed on, and we dueled. He had a green aura of energy around him and he was coated in gold and black colored lamellar with many black bone patterns and upon his black skin was a bright yellow paint. I am guessing that the monster had been given some sort of power by his shamans (possibly a combination of the workings of demons and Core War tech), because his blade strikes and punches were more powerful than his physical stature would have allowed, and they always had a glow of translucent green, like an intensified version of that very same aura of energy that surrounded him.”

“He also shot out what I would call ‘pain beams’ at my legs from his eyes, and my muscles there became tense and spasmed, and I screamed (he only used it once so I guess it did a number on him as well). Then the Toa Helryxa, leader of the Order of the Guardian, found me in my time of need and her arrival gave the breather I needed. Together, sabre and mace, we dueled against the powerful khan. I was in so much pain, but I knew that if he was not stopped, Soluchi Altan would destroy my country, my home, my family; so on that day we broke our vows to never slay a sentient. The rest of the battle cried in a deafening uproar, and at the end of that awful couple of days the land was more colorful then the blade of Tahu, and it would not be my people that would be feeding the sky.”

Trepolios appeared to be saddened and away by sharing these memories. “I am sorry son; I need some time to recollect myself.” Sullixios saw his father teary eyed, and he felt bad for asking about those nomads. The older man then walked away to the hallway that led to Agorianos chapel of Grunchar there he stayed for a long time.

The Agori's history needs to be fleshed out a little more, but I have general plot in the first post.

Hey, thanks for taking the time to talk to me about these ideas and concepts, I work best when reflecting thoughts off of others, akin to Sherlock Holmes and Detective Watson. :P

EDIT: one teeny tiny little typo. <_<

EDIT 2: I just realized the main reason why I thought EUIV would be better: Beings from the Matoran Universe do not procreate, so how exactly would Crusader Kings II work?

Edited by Iaredios

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

SPHERUS MAGNA MAP UPDATE - Height Map Teaser

(I have decided to go ahead and make this mod on Europa Universalis IV. Maybe after this is done a Crusader Kings II mod can be produced concerning Bara Magna or something of the like.)

Whelp, no one wanted to participate in my little art contest for the map, so I have taken matters into my own hands. :) I have started the map for my mod, beginning with the height map (as you always should). By using the picture of Reformed Spherus Magna from one of the comics, and a collection of fan art, I have been able to piece together a rough idea of what Spherus Magna might look like. For the past two days I have been working hard on one of the hemispheres, and I felt that if people are going to take this project seriously, I should show my work so far. I hope you like it: 

spherus_magna_map_preview.jpg

Please note that I am far from being done: sea terrain still needs touches, mountains of various heights still need to be finished, as well as the other hemisphere. after the height map is finished, I need to map out various biome levels and types, vegetation levels and variety, rivers, and then finally provinces. If you think I should tweak something, please do so. :)  Please stay tuned.

As another update, I need help with editing DDS files. These types of files need to be edited so custom military sprites can be created. I would rather have Zyglak warriors and Skrall soldiers be shown walking about then having to see French pikemen and Ottoman janissaries on Spherus Magna. ;)

I have since found a DDS plug-in and I am figuring out how best to mess with unit graphics.

UPDATE: I was about done with the right half of the map, and let me tell you, it was beautiful. My favorite thing about it was the mountains to the north. I was seriously impressed with myself with how realistic it looked, and having the Valley of the Great Maze on there, visible from space, was just plain awesome. Unfortunately, my computer thought otherwise, and decided to corrupt the file. Thankfully I made a copy, but it was around the same time as I took the picture above, so all of the extra details, mountains, and a couple of in-land seas will have to be done over again and I just hope I can remember all the little things that I did. This has been a huge blow to my morale, but fret not, I am not giving up. Wish me luck peeps. :)

Edited by Iaredios

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

Hmm… this makes me want Risk Bionicle.

I have never played Risk (I really want to though), but from what I have heard, Paradox Grand Strategy Games, like Crusader Kings II and Europa Universalis IV, are/is like Risk made into a video game. If I can finish the map and tweak some game mechanics, this will probably be the closest thing to Bionicle Risk you are going to get. :D You of course, will have to buy the original game to play this. I am no where near finished so lurk as much as you want. If you want to help in some way, feel free to ask.

Edited by Iaredios

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

MAP UPDATE (2-16-2015)

(This is the last map update for this region until further notice. Following updates will feature the Bota Magna region as well the far eastern continent (which one can see at the far left of the map; it winds around the realm like a snake). This is to reduce clutter and appearance of spam)

I am making progress on recreating the surface terrain I once had before the file corruption. This area from north to south is what I call Greater Bara Magna and was the setting for the 2009 story.

To the top is, well, Northern Greater Bara Magna (no surprise there). Main factions here will be the individual Element Lord kingdoms. They totally control these mountains, though the Battera to the east (on that peninsula jutting down from the north) often push west to reaction to their scanners telling them of the wars that happen down south. To the far south of the peninsula on it's coast are Matoran settlers and pioneers.

Just south of those great northern highlands is a long valley, which serves as a sort of buffer between the nations of the White Quartz Mountains; in the valley itself are a lot of free Agori city-states that always get caught in the crossfire, maybe one day they can unite and forever keep foreigners off of their lands. The White Quartz Mountains are mostly controlled by the Skrall Empire and small pockets of individual Agori bands. To the southeast of the White Quartz are the ruins of the Black Spike Mountains (which were destroyed during the Battle of Bara Magna) and are also under the control of the Skrall imperial Remnant. The Skrall Remnant and the Element Lords often squabble, especially with the Lord of Rock since he is supposed to have right to rule over all who associate themselves with the element of Rock and as he is the last Jirapa he has legal right to rule the Empire and the Skrall both beg to differ and reluctant to reinstate an individual who both enslaves and subjects and sometimes eats them.

To the east of these are three seas with no name. They are part of the border between Bara Magna and Bota Magna.

To the south lies the city state of Ateros Nova. The city itself atop that mountain. The mountain was not always there, but was raised somewhere in the previous century by Pohatu and others to help in the defense of the city in a war with the Barraki (who attacked New Atero to express their claim to rule over all Matoran Universe beings by being the rightful heirs of Mata Nui). their borders range from that lonely mountain to all the plains north and west of it to the coast, and also include the canyons of Tajuun. The rest of the plains belong to the Ostonigosa (a combination of the Greek words for Bone and Hunters :P ). The Ostonigosa are currently divided into separate qaghanates, but not too long before the game's 'modern' bookmark the entirety of the plains and much of the non-heavily mountainous regions of Greater Bara Magna and Bota Magna were under the command of a united Ostonigosa Empire by a Great Qaghan who had mystical powers and Core War technology. He and his empire was utterly destroyed in a massacre of a battle outside of Atero Nova; the inaction of most Toa during the battle (aka refusal to kill) made many Agori look down upon these powerful warriors as they took care of it themselves. Can you unite the Qaghanates once more, or will you drive out the Ostonigosa from the plains once and for all?

To the mountainous south of Greater Bara Magna lies the League of Four Kingdoms, or Barraki, central land holding. they also have a couple of land holdings along the border between Bara Magna and Bota Magna. Across the sea to their east is the Kingdom of the rogue and traitorous Barraki, Takadox. To their west on the peninsula that vaguely looks like Earth's Hispania, is New Zakaz, led by Tserkoura, the Golden Skinned Skakdi Fusion that was created by Makuta Teridalla during his reign in the Metal Realm/Matoran Universe. This country is currently decentralized, but if you can unite your vassals you can attempt to restart your failed invasions of conquering the entire planet; failed because though New Zakaz had initial success, they could not face every enemy at every corner.

spherus_magna_map_update_2.jpg

Oh, and thine eyes do not deceive thou, that is the Great Maze within the Valley of the Great Beings. ;)

spherus_magna_map_update_2_-_northern_gr

The Valley is that large because it is where Mata Nui was born. I have actually been thinking about making it a little longer and maybe having some small openings so one can go inside the valley and claim it.

Edit: I just looked at the official map for Bara Magna, and I feel some small edits and additions should be made. I will stay true to my word and not give an update on this region for a while, but I just want to put it out there that the map above will change just a tad, the most difficult one I can see being is the Valley of the Great Beings (thank God that the Copy and Paste function exists, but having the area look streamlined is something else).

Edited by Iaredios
  • Upvote 1

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

---Musicians, I need unique music and/or some Nathan Furst BIONICLE-styled music to fit a grand strategy game. 15-20 songs (7-15 minutes each) would be nice for the basic soundtrack, separate playlists for individual factions/cultures could be done later. As this is being done completely free, I am sure it would be okay to use a pre-existing song that you deem to fit BIONICLE, I will be sure to give credit in the read me file and credits (music companies, you have no need to sue me.  ;) ). Most of the songs need to be peaceful and non-intrusive, while some songs need to be "epic" but remain true to the atmosphere of the game and not be too distracting. I would recommend listening to the original soundtrack of Europa Universalis (and prepare to have your heart stolen by Andreas Waldetoft!).

I can help you with that. I am, by no means, a professional, but I have experience with composition, performance, and arranging. I'm pretty sure that was you who saw my MNOG soundtrack recreation thread, so you know the kind of material I can put out. I am most comfortable with ambient electronica but I can do orchestral arranging as well.

Edited by Toa Vanson
  • Upvote 1

OqAhaVh.gif   qIprtVB.png     

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Bionicle G1 continuation and video-game project(MUSIC COMPOSER)  
special thx to Inary the Gunhaver for my new username. 

---Musicians, I need unique music and/or some Nathan Furst BIONICLE-styled music to fit a grand strategy game. 15-20 songs (7-15 minutes each) would be nice for the basic soundtrack, separate playlists for individual factions/cultures could be done later. As this is being done completely free, I am sure it would be okay to use a pre-existing song that you deem to fit BIONICLE, I will be sure to give credit in the read me file and credits (music companies, you have no need to sue me.  ;) ). Most of the songs need to be peaceful and non-intrusive, while some songs need to be "epic" but remain true to the atmosphere of the game and not be too distracting. I would recommend listening to the original soundtrack of Europa Universalis (and prepare to have your heart stolen by Andreas Waldetoft!).

I can help you with that. I am, by no means, a professional, but I have experience with composition, performance, and arranging. I'm pretty sure that was you who saw my MNOG soundtrack recreation thread, so you know the kind of material I can put out. I am most comfortable with ambient electronica but I can do orchestral arranging as well.

18i338d256rwgjpg.jpg

Excellent! My plan to attract you here has succeeded accordingly.

Could I please have some samples of your work? :)  I would be welcome to have you join my project, but I want to see more of what you can do. We can continue this through PM.

Edit: If you have any input on how the background story and history of the project is, or regarding faction locations and cultures, please do feel free to leave a reply!

Edited by Iaredios

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

I might be able to help with music. I have 6 years of piano/band/music study under my belt, so I could hopefully arrange some OK music. Also, if you need any horn/trumpet solos recorded, this guy's the one to call.

"Remember when the comics forum had a lot of good stuff? Let's make that a thing again." -Kazi the Matoran

I might be able to help with music. I have 6 years of piano/band/music study under my belt, so I could hopefully arrange some OK music. Also, if you need any horn/trumpet solos recorded, this guy's the one to call.

I'm interested! Please send me a test/demonstration via PM and after I give it a spin I can talk to you about stuff from there. Thanks for wanting to help out in my project, I appreciate it!

If you have any comments on the story or the mod itself, please do tell me.

Edited by Iaredios

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

OK, two things.

1.) I won't get to work on the song until late Saturday/early Monday, since software issues and trip to Seattle and whatnot,

2.) Is Europa Universalis like Civ V?

"Remember when the comics forum had a lot of good stuff? Let's make that a thing again." -Kazi the Matoran

I really like the idea of a Bionicle strategy game, although admittedly I'm not familiar with Europa Universalis...

Just one question, why have you changed the names of each "faction" so much? I understand it's in the future after the reforming, but names like "Ateros Nova" and "Jirapatine", which as far as know have no use in Bionicle, left me confused... Is it something to do with copyrights why you changed them?

I'd also love to see some classic factions return to make it feel more Bionicle-y. Teridax is obviously dead, but couldn't Miserix still create an army of rahkshi and rahi after some falling out with the matoran? Is it possible that somehow the bohrok survived, and are "cleaning" Spherus Magna in some confused rampage?

Otherwise, good job with the banners, the Ateros Nova banner really suits Mata Nui-ish stuff (I'm assuming Ateros Nova is the matoran?), and I love seeing the Barraki being the warlords they are at heart. Wish I could contribute by actually creating for it, but I lack the necessary skills. I'll be happy to give feedback though! (Oh, and I'll take a look at the unmodded game to get a better idea of what it's like).

OK, two things.

1.) I won't get to work on the song until late Saturday/early Monday, since software issues and trip to Seattle and whatnot,

--  1a. Dude, take your time and enjoy Seattle, man. And do go north-west and say hi to Mick Dodge for me! :lol: I know life gets in the way, so it is fine, not to mention this mod will take a lot of time to build.

--  2a. Europa Universalis is real-time with pause and fast-forward features, not turn-based like Civ or Total War. I personally find Civ to be too easy and boring when compared to Europa Universalis and Crusader Kings, which has a lot of micromanagement and is more difficult (Civ is good if you want a short game, while EU is a game that can span months). Where in the Civilization series, you have to pick a culture and national ideas that are personified as historical figures, then you have to evolve your country from the dawn of man to whenever and win via one of the winning conditions; where as in Europa Universalis and its many sequels and spinoffs, you select any country on the given map (for Europa Universalis and Hearts of Iron that is the entire globe, except the polar regions) and you have to ensure the survival of your country (or in the case of Crusader Kings II and Sengoku, the survival of your dynasty/blood-line), also instead of staring from the dawn of man you start at a specific beginning of a historical era and live it out (EU being the Early Modern Period). Other then that, there are no goals unless you set them up yourself, a pure sandbox strategy game (the game has missions you select to give yourself, but these are not forced upon you). Both games have technological development, expansion through military, diplomacy, and culture, and has economic and religious game mechanics; but I again find that Europa Universalis is much much more deeper in game-play. I have a couple of videos up above that were up to date until yesterday/a couple of days ago (new expansion just came out, I have yet to get it).

I really like the idea of a Bionicle strategy game, although admittedly I'm not familiar with Europa Universalis...

Just one question, why have you changed the names of each "faction" so much? I understand it's in the future after the reforming, but names like "Ateros Nova" and "Jirapatine", which as far as know have no use in Bionicle, left me confused... Is it something to do with copyrights why you changed them?

I'd also love to see some classic factions return to make it feel more Bionicle-y. Teridax is obviously dead, but couldn't Miserix still create an army of rahkshi and rahi after some falling out with the matoran? Is it possible that somehow the bohrok survived, and are "cleaning" Spherus Magna in some confused rampage?

Otherwise, good job with the banners, the Ateros Nova banner really suits Mata Nui-ish stuff (I'm assuming Ateros Nova is the matoran?), and I love seeing the Barraki being the warlords they are at heart. Wish I could contribute by actually creating for it, but I lack the necessary skills. I'll be happy to give feedback though! (Oh, and I'll take a look at the unmodded game to get a better idea of what it's like).

Actually, the only things I have changed/added are attempts to develop the history and cultures of Spherus Magna a bit more, since I found what we got to be, not to be rude, but rather silly: these peeps are supposed to have been human-like, but lived for many, many millennia? After the world literally blew up into three, there is no chaos but rather everyone joins together and holds hands? How and why would every agori be subject to becoming cyborgs, even after the departure of the Great Beings (one thing comes to mind, but i don't think the Great Beings would bother with it)? I made changes I felt were appropriate to better create a believable history of parts of the planet. That said, some the wording in the first post may seem different because i wrote some of it from the perspective of the Agori culture (their culture is Medieval Roman, which has both ancient Latin and Greek influences but leans more on the Greek side), such as Ateros Nova being New Atero in their tongue, as well as Neuropolis (Brain City) being Metru-Nui, and the Matoran Universe being dubbed The Metal Realm. Jirapa is a race I have made myself that are styled after mythological giants, and I give a well-enough history about them in a post above.

Essentially, this mod is the byproduct of bubbling ideas about Bara and Spherus Magna since 2010; what was head-canon, became incomplete fanon, which turned into this modification as i realized my ideas were best suit for a video game rather then an Epic. Fret not, I will try my hardest not to tamper with anything directly MU related, as their history was pretty fleshed out. Once all the map files have been completed, I am actually going to ask various individuals if they would like to add to this history-under construction: I will give out rough outlines and remind them to write it like it was history witnessed by their characters, as these types of games rely heavily on history files. History was not written by one culture and not one mind, so having other peoples styles and views reasonably thrown in there it will reflect a real history and most-likely enhance the game.

Not sure if the game can reflect animal armies well enough. I mean, I guess it is possible, people have made polar bear and panda hordes, having Russians and Chinese armies fight them respectively. :lol: If you want to be a Discusioneer, just ask; a Discussioneer is someone that I talk to about the history, cultures, and etc about the course of the mod. If you have clear ideas for how Miserex could have his own country, it's mechanics, and history, lets talk about it. :)  The Bohrok I deem are left inactive since their purpose in life has since been defunct, though I guess it is possible for sentients to remove their krana and program them to help them out; not to mention, I could make the Bahrag a static country that is just on the map unless a human player takes control of them, where to put them and how their game mechanics would work is something else entirely. i plan on having the Matoran Universe (which thanks to Bonesiii I now know where to put it on the map) being mostly occupied by various Zyglak tribes, which if you want you will be able to unite them all and have you revenge on those that cursed you for thousands of years. Other 'bionicle-y' countries will include the Dark Hunters, Krakua's Island (which I have no name for, you can help if you want; you can try and create the scene from Time Trap if you'd like), and others that I have listed in the first post. From the vision seen in Sahmad's Tale, we know that New Atero/Ateros Nova is a cultural melting pot between the Metal Realm inhabitants and the Spheros Magnos inhabitants (matoran and agori), though Greg F. hinted at racial divisions over the horizon and as such added a brief civil war that resulted in many agori and matoran trekking elsewhere (matoran go colonize newly formed islands as it is reminiscent of the island homes in the MU, and the agori go to the element Lords due to nationalist and sub-racial pride). I can guarantee you that when the mod is done, I will be playing as the League of Four Kingdoms or Takadox, as I find the Barraki to be cool. :P

Edited by Iaredios

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

--  2a. Europa Universalis is real-time with pause and fast-forward features, not turn-based like Civ or Total War. I personally find Civ to be too easy and boring when compared to Europa Universalis and Crusader Kings, which has a lot of micromanagement and is more difficult (Civ is good if you want a short game, while EU is a game that can span months). Where in the Civilization series, you have to pick a culture and national ideas that are personified as historical figures, then you have to evolve your country from the dawn of man to whenever and win via one of the winning conditions; where as in Europa Universalis and its many sequels and spinoffs, you select any country on the given map (for Europa Universalis and Hearts of Iron that is the entire globe, except the polar regions) and you have to ensure the survival of your country (or in the case of Crusader Kings II and Sengoku, the survival of your dynasty/blood-line), also instead of staring from the dawn of man you start at a specific beginning of a historical era and live it out (EU being the Early Modern Period). Other then that, there are no goals unless you set them up yourself, a pure sandbox strategy game (the game has missions you select to give yourself, but these are not forced upon you). Both games have technological development, expansion through military, diplomacy, and culture, and has economic and religious game mechanics; but I again find that Europa Universalis is much much more deeper in game-play. I have a couple of videos up above that were up to date until yesterday/a couple of days ago (new expansion just came out, I have yet to get it).

Bruh, if you get all of the DLC, Civ V can last you months. With the espionage, religion, war, diplomacy, technology, and Mata Nui knows what else, it's actually pretty immersive. Also, you can start WHENEVER YOU KARZING WANT in Civ V. Want to build a civilization in the dawn of the space age? No problem! 

Bruh, if you get all of the DLC, Civ V can last you months. With the espionage, religion, war, diplomacy, technology, and Mata Nui knows what else, it's actually pretty immersive. Also, you can start WHENEVER YOU KARZING WANT in Civ V. Want to build a civilization in the dawn of the space age? No problem! 

Like I said, the two are similar, but I find EUIV to be more immersive. Civ is immersive as is, I am just saying that EUIV is more immersive. :P If you have Steam, you should download the demo for it (although the demo would now be a bit outdated as more content is available through free patches, not to mention DLC).

I have Civ IV so I know this. :P I apologize if my wording was off.

Edited by Iaredios

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

K. Sorry for turning this into a Civ V vs. EUIV battle. :P

EDIT: Also, does Takadox have his own flag because he broke off from the Barraki?

Edited by Dallior

K. Sorry for turning this into a Civ V vs. EUIV battle. :P

EDIT: Also, does Takadox have his own flag because he broke off from the Barraki?

He didn't necessarily break off (implying a voluntary departure). If you remember, he betrayed them and the Barraki were going to kill him for it, but escaped while the others were distracted by one thing or another; while in-hiding he was taken and forced into joining Brutaka's suicide mission along with dumb-butt Carapar.

After his body was healed by the Ignika (just like everyone else effected by Pit mutagen), he went off to create a kingdom for himself with some cronies he had for he still saw himself a ruler. He enslaved the Agori that were living in the area. After the New Atero Civil War (which rose due to racial divisions between the Matoran and Agori), many disgruntled and patriotic Matoran went to the Barraki as they once ruled ruled the Matoran Universe, and Takadox was able to persuade (twist the truth to) several bands that he was the one who betrayed them to Makuta Teridax and he was given sole authority of the Matoran Universe before being taken prisoner. As Teridax and Botar are dead and Teridax destroyed the tablet that said Takadox betrayed his comrades, no one can seriously argue against Takadox and they either have to take his word on who gets to rule the Matoran Universe (and in-turn all MU inhabitants ;) ), Pridak's, Mata Nui's (whom is currently still non-talkative) or Teridax's (who is dead but has a cult who worships him; playable faction). This conflict of ideas and beliefs within the Matoran Universe communities will be in the game, and I am thinking about certain game mechanics.

For Takadox's flag, I'm quite uncertain if his flag should have both his signature weapon and the letter T, or just one or the other or maybe a new flag entirely. Anyone have an opinion?

I have been making some new ideas for country decisions:

-Form the following countries:

-- League of Five Kingdoms: As Takadox, capture the capital of the Barraki, have +3 stability, have enough monarch points to force them to submit and create this new country.

-- Matoran: As any culture and religion from the Matoran Universe, capture all the capitals of the major Matoran Universe nations, have control over listed provinces, have enough monarch points and +3 stability and have 800 Gold (may not sound like much, but you'll be happy to have over 100 gold ;)  )

-Have legendary characters lead armies:

--For New Atero, have members of the Toa Hagah, Nuva and Mahri as generals (you usually need only one general at a time, two, maybe-maybe-maybe just maybe three tops). If one 'dies' in battle, their name will pop up again later, ignore their age. :P  Same goes for governmental characters (which you can only have three at a time), only they will have characters (Turaga, Matoran, etc) reflecting their title (engineer, scholar, theologian, philosopher, etc.)

--Every country with important characters will either have those characters or have their descendents being various names across the screen.

-Other country decisions:

--Mata Nui: As Ateros Nova, secure all of the old Agori villages and capture all the regions of the Matoran Universe (which still has yet to be put on the map), have perfect relations with Kini-Nui (the Kini-Nui of New Atero will be it's own tiny-arse country, like Roma and Vatican), and have a high amount of monarch points to bring forth the god of the Matoran and champion of the Agori who will never die and have good (but not perfect) monarch skills (I did this so you can still develop his skills in any way you want while already being a decent character, tell me if this should be different or not)

I will be adding these to the first post.

Edited by Iaredios

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

I have one teeny tiny suggestion: if I'm not mistaken, you're calling the Matoran faction Aeteros Nova. Shouldn't that be Aeteros NUVA? Nova would refer to a dwarf star explosion. Nuva would refer to being new or original, as in Toa Nuva.

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Bionicle G1 continuation and video-game project(MUSIC COMPOSER)  

I have one teeny tiny suggestion: if I'm not mistaken, you're calling the Matoran faction Aeteros Nova. Shouldn't that be Aeteros NUVA? Nova would refer to a dwarf star explosion. Nuva would refer to being new or original, as in Toa Nuva.

The name actually has nothing to do with the Matoran. Nova means "new" in Latin. It is to with the Agori having a medieval roman culture, which by then abandoned the Latin language as the 'barbarians' had tainted it (creating languages such as French, Italian and Spanish). Which I guess means I should call it Aterae/Ateros Nea, or Nea Aterae, but to be honest, Ateros Nova sounds cooler. :lol:

To be honest, I have no idea why an exploding star is called a supernova.

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

The name actually has nothing to do with the Matoran. Nova means "new" in Latin. It is to with the Agori having a medieval roman culture, which by then abandoned the Latin language as the 'barbarians' had tainted it (creating languages such as French, Italian and Spanish). Which I guess means I should call it Aterae/Ateros Nea, or Nea Aterae, but to be honest, Ateros Nova sounds cooler. :lol:

To be honest, I have no idea why an exploding star is called a supernova.

Ah, my mistake. I thought that that referred to the Matoran.

I think it's called a supernova because it gives the potential for new hings to be created out of the debris and energy. I'm not sure though.

Update:

-- Music Teaser: Neuropolis, by Toa Vanson. Great job on this man! How does everyone else like it? (Be truthful please, C&C are welcome)

-- I am thinking about giving the mod a less-generic name, like Rude Awakenings: A BIONICLE/Europa Universalis IV Modification (last part will by in very small letters, so fret not about word cramming). Rude Awakenings refers to Mata Nui's wishes for everyone to live in peaceful prosperity, but that of course doesn't happen; such is the way of man/sentients. It's also a reference to the Mongol Invasion video from the historical strategy game, Medieval II: Total War; it was too cool not to use. Anyone think this is a good idea, or should the current name be kept?

It is easy to become comfortable with the enemy you know, our familiar foes... But to discount the menaces that lurk beyond the known-world is to risk a rude awakening that can become a nightmare. This nightmare, is the Mongol Invasion.

(Song used can be found here)

EDIT: Also forgot to mention that my side of the project is going on hiatus. Details are on the first post.

Edited by Iaredios

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

• 2 weeks later...

Update: Work has resumed, and  MATA NUI, HAS RISEN... Halfway, I guess.

spherus_magna_map_update_-_matoran_unive

Well, after talking to Bonesiii and The~1st~Shadow about things GSR and Spherus Magna, I drew the Matoran Universe on the map in accordance to what I was told. :) If you can't tell, i traced over an existing map of the Matoran Universe. I will start working on all the islands and continents tomorrow. You may now start to salivate.

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

So wait, The story is suppose to be after the reformation of Spherus Magna? Interesting!

Quote: "Love has no fear, and no vengeance." |

:t: :m_o: :a: :i: :m: :r: :u: :k: :i: :i: | mEaHKlH.pngAndekas

pure_muscle.png

So wait, The story is suppose to be after the reformation of Spherus Magna? Interesting!

Yep. Want to help in any way?

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

Okay... but, How would I?

pure_muscle.png

Well, if you can write well, you could make some short stories concerning the history of some far-flung Agori tribe or a Matoran colony. The game is heavily reliant on history files, and much of Spherus Magna is lacking in that. I could give you a piece of the map to work with, and you go crazy within the confines of both Bionicle and the Spherus-Magna-related story edits I've made (which have been made for both in-game accessibility, and just due to either personal preference and/or logical reasoning, nothing against Greg Farshety). As IRL history is made by many writers from people across different races, cultures, beliefs and tastes, I find it would be best to try and replicated here by co-operating with other writers, just that when you (or anyone else reading this) is done I will check through it as the project leader and see if it fits in with what i have planned. You could also talk to me about general world building things, such as technological progression, cultures, history and religions.

If you like symbols and can draw simple things, you could make flags, be it random or made for either the listed countries in-need of flags, or flags for countries you would like to make. Flags need to be 128x128 pixels, and the most visible part of a flag is the top half and the middle, as it (the flag) appears as in a shield-shape and it is less-visible as the shield to a bottom point. The file has to be saved as TGA file-type, but if you can't convert it to that file-type or don't know how to, you can just give me the picture and I can do it myself. :P  Alternate Europa Universalis IV Flags inside of the shield display, notice how it there is a preexisting shading-gradient that goes with any flag. This means don't pick too bright of a color other then white, and think of a type of flag you could actually see being hung up and waving in the wind. Fret not, I will try to change the decorations surrounding the flag to appear less-European Renaissance-y.

Further more down the road, I will ask people to make loading screens, which will be detailed drawings depicting parts of contemporary Spherus Magna history or nature, but again that is a long ways away.

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

Well, if you can write well, you could make some short stories concerning the history of some far-flung Agori tribe or a Matoran colony. The game is heavily reliant on history files, and much of Spherus Magna is lacking in that. I could give you a piece of the map to work with, and you go crazy within the confines of both Bionicle and the Spherus-Magna-related story edits I've made (which have been made for both in-game accessibility, and just due to either personal preference and/or logical reasoning, nothing against Greg Farshety). As IRL history is made by many writers from people across different races, cultures, beliefs and tastes, I find it would be best to try and replicated here by co-operating with other writers, just that when you (or anyone else reading this) is done I will check through it as the project leader and see if it fits in with what i have planned. You could also talk to me about general world building things, such as technological progression, cultures, history and religions.

If you like symbols and can draw simple things, you could make flags, be it random or made for either the listed countries in-need of flags, or flags for countries you would like to make. Flags need to be 128x128 pixels, and the most visible part of a flag is the top half and the middle, as it (the flag) appears as in a shield-shape and it is less-visible as the shield to a bottom point. The file has to be saved as TGA file-type, but if you can't convert it to that file-type or don't know how to, you can just give me the picture and I can do it myself. :P  Alternate Europa Universalis IV Flags inside of the shield display, notice how it there is a preexisting shading-gradient that goes with any flag. This means don't pick too bright of a color other then white, and think of a type of flag you could actually see being hung up and waving in the wind. Fret not, I will try to change the decorations surrounding the flag to appear less-European Renaissance-y.

Further more down the road, I will ask people to make loading screens, which will be detailed drawings depicting parts of contemporary Spherus Magna history or nature, but again that is a long ways away.

FLAGS!! YES FLAGS!!!

and other artwork.

Edited by AidanBionicle1

pure_muscle.png

FLAGS!! YES FLAGS!!!

and other artwork.

Sweet. Tell/show me when you have something and I'll add your name to the first post. :)

EDIT: And I would prefer that you made your own flag meanings, I cannot see into your mind and just get the meanings from your soul. :P

Edited by Iaredios

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

So wait, The story is supposed to be after the reformation of Spherus Magna? Interesting!

FLAGS!! YES FLAGS!!!

and other artwork.

Sweet. Tell/show me when you have something and I'll add your name to the first post. :)

EDIT: And I would prefer that you made your own flag meanings, I cannot see into your mind and just get the meanings from your soul. :P

Okay this is one flag that I'm working on currently.

4bY5ztk.jpg

Sorry, the resolution is a bit sloppy. and it is a .JPG instead of a .TGA

its very early and still needs some work, but its all right for now.

Edited by AidanBionicle1

pure_muscle.png

Hey, your first one! Lets take a look.

4bY5ztk.jpg

What kind of a flag is that? Looks like a world government type of flag, like if a player conquered the whole map. I see Spherus Magna, but what do the white and blue colors stand for? And it seems pretty big, will you fix that at a later time?

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

4bY5ztk.jpg

What kind of a flag is that? Looks like a world government type of flag, like if a player conquered the whole map. I see Spherus Magna, but what do the white and blue colors stand for? And it seems pretty big, will you fix that at a later time?

The concept for this flag is that the world of spherus magna has been united. also Im not all too sure on how to rescale the image.

pure_muscle.png

4bY5ztk.jpg

The concept for this flag is that the world of spherus magna has been united. also Im not all too sure on how to rescale the image.

I got that, but what does the blue and white stand for?

I'll give you an example:

Ostonigosa (Bone Hunters)

ostonigosa_3_flag.jpg

This flag is a visual of their religion (which itself is loosely based on Tengriism), which incorporates the following: The sky is their deity (blue), and gives blessings to those that feed him (he reigns supreme at day and night, the colors of the dawn and dusk are competing lesser gods, and to keep his power he needs strength from food; the stars at night being all the warriors who accompany him). He feeds off of the life force that is visualized as smoke (grey) that burns off from things (orange). People that purposely burn to satisfy his hunger by sacrificing organic matter are given blessings. Many warriors that believe in this collect the burnt bones that remained after the burning and decorate themselves in it. This is why they are called Bone Hunters, or Ostonigosa, because they kill people or take them alive and burn them, essentially hunting for bones. When I put these peoples into the game, they will all have the same flag in the background, but a stylized animal or object will be in front of it; if they become united you will have the flag above.

Now, it does not have to be that detailed (or even close to it), but flags have to have meaning; could you work on one?

Edited by Iaredios

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

4bY5ztk.jpg

ostonigosa_3_flag.jpg

This flag is a visual of their religion (which itself is loosely based on Tengriism, which incorporates the following: The sky is their deity (blue), and gives blessings to those that feed him (he reigns supreme at day and night, the colors of the dawn and dusk are competing lesser gods, and to keep his power he needs strength from food; the stars at night being all the warriors who accompany him). He feeds off of the life force that is visualized as smoke (grey) that burns off from things (orange). People that purposely burn to satisfy his hunger by sacrificing organic matter are given blessings. Many warriors that believe in this collect the burnt bones that remained after the burning and decorate themselves in it. This is why they are called Bone Hunters, or Ostonigosa, because they kill people or take them alive and burn them, essentially hunting for bones. When I put these peoples into the game, they will all have the same flag in the background, but a stylized animal or object will be in front of it; if they become united you will have the flag above.

Now, it does not have to be that detailed (or even close to it), but flags have to have meaning, could you work on one?

The blue stands for prosperity, While the yellowish white stands for security.

BTW I fixed the resolution.

sBsJhMc.jpg

I've made another flag. I haven't given a story for the flag itself, But here it is:

EJzr3Is.jpg

Edited by AidanBionicle1

pure_muscle.png

ostonigosa_3_flag.jpg

This flag is a visual of their religion (which itself is loosely based on Tengriism, which incorporates the following: The sky is their deity (blue), and gives blessings to those that feed him (he reigns supreme at day and night, the colors of the dawn and dusk are competing lesser gods, and to keep his power he needs strength from food; the stars at night being all the warriors who accompany him). He feeds off of the life force that is visualized as smoke (grey) that burns off from things (orange). People that purposely burn to satisfy his hunger by sacrificing organic matter are given blessings. Many warriors that believe in this collect the burnt bones that remained after the burning and decorate themselves in it. This is why they are called Bone Hunters, or Ostonigosa, because they kill people or take them alive and burn them, essentially hunting for bones. When I put these peoples into the game, they will all have the same flag in the background, but a stylized animal or object will be in front of it; if they become united you will have the flag above.

Now, it does not have to be that detailed (or even close to it), but flags have to have meaning, could you work on one?

BTW I fixed the resolution. but the quality is pretty poor now. 4bY5ztk.jpg?1

I've made another flag. I haven't given a story for the flag itself, and I haven't cropped and shrunken it either but here it is:

9S1Z158.jpg?1

Yeah, the quality always decreases it if you shrink it rather then making the picture with the right size to start with. :P Security, huh? When asserting force, most countries choose red. How about the white stands for peace, as there are no competitors to fight with on the global scale? I like the look of everything so I will add the picture; do you mind if I make small edits to it to fit the geography of that part of the world when I am finished making the world map?

Well that's pretty darn detailed! Who or what is it? And I hate to say it, but it looks like the face/mask/helmet itself seems a bit too big and would need to be shrunk down before the entire image follows suit. I could do that if you would like.

I will add your name to the list. :)

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

ostonigosa_3_flag.jpg

BTW I fixed the resolution. but the quality is pretty poor now. 4bY5ztk.jpg?1

I've made another flag. I haven't given a story for the flag itself, and I haven't cropped and shrunken it either but here it is:

9S1Z158.jpg?1

Yeah, the quality always decreases it if you shrink it rather then making the picture with the right size to start with. :P Security, huh? When asserting force, most countries choose red. How about the white stands for peace, as there are no competitors to fight with on the global scale? I like the look of everything so I will add the picture; do you mind if I make small edits to it to fit the geography of that part of the world when I am finished making the world map?

Well that's pretty darn detailed! Who or what is it? And I hate to say it, but it looks like the face/mask/helmet itself seems a bit too big and would need to be shrunk down before the entire image follows suit. I could do that if you would like.

I will add your name to the list. :)

Okay, Thank you.  :)

BTW I fixed it SO64jaB.jpg

Edited by AidanBionicle1

pure_muscle.png

FLAGS!! YES FLAGS!!!

and other artwork.

Welcome to the project! 

4bY5ztk.jpg

ostonigosa_3_flag.jpg

BTW I fixed the resolution.

sBsJhMc.jpg

I've made another flag. I haven't given a story for the flag itself, But here it is:

EJzr3Is.jpg

Hey dude, your pictures aren't showing up, you should use brickshelf or deviant art.

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png