A Rude Awakening: A BIONICLE/EUIV Modification

Well you have to remember that EUIV is a sandbox game. It starts out with some canon for each bookmark, but once the player takes control of a country, anything ins possible within the confines of the game's mechanics. Also, the main villains aren't just going to be the villains, they are one of many: The Dark Hunters, the Skakdi (who under the Golden-Skinned being who i named Tserkoura see themselves as the spiritual successors of Makuta Teridax's Empire), the Skrall, the Jirapa, the Element Lords, and the Barraki, for example, along with the Zyglak. And that is only for the known part of Korta and Bota Magna. Once the area surrounding the abandoned metropolis of Atero is completed, we'll have to fill up the rest of the planet with stories, races and other creations of our own.

I thought the United Korta Magna (Korta Magna being a renamed Bara Magna) would have been something the players could strive to achieve, rather then something that will appear in a bookmark. And I think there shouldn't be a united planet, what kind of fun will be left when the goal has been achieved? That's what i meant be a United Korta Magna, is that alright or do you still think a United Spherus Magna should be present?

The idea of in-game raiding sounds like the vikings from Crusader Kings II, and if their game mechanics could be transferred to EU IV, I definitely would do that. But I thought the Nahuatl religion would be a good substitute, and it also presents a good metaphysical rationalization of their hatred of the other MU (Matoran Universe) inhabitants and could be translated well inside of the game; plus, less work for me to do as all I would need to do is buy the El Dorado expansion-DLC and just rename some things rather than make completely new things.

Can I ask how the sacrificing of matoran would grant such abilities? What you said gave me an idea: the mass sacrificing of people transfers there life energy into a single individual, and he could be a powerful general character; that could translate well into game mechanics. How 'bout that?

Sounds good to me.

I think the concept of a United spherus Magna as a long term end game type goal is fine. And the way I listed about defeating the Zyglak and allying everyone is just one way you could do it. One other example would be by;

Whipping the Zyglak, Barraki, The Element Lords, Jirapa, Makuta Cult, and the Skrall off the face of the planet. The Vorox, and Dark Hunters would be optional since you could become their allies and convince them to join your side either through diplomacy or by some other means.

Edited by AidanBionicle1

Quote: "Love has no fear, and no vengeance." |

:t: :m_o: :a: :i: :m: :r: :u: :k: :i: :i: | mEaHKlH.pngAndekas

pure_muscle.png

First of all, it's wiping, not whipping. We're not going to be turning the forces of evil into an ice cream topping ...right? :lol:

I have some concerns about allowing any country to do that, coding and what not, but how about I just let that be one of the last things I add to the game. Sounds good to me.

You could probably do the same thing with the countries you listed to destroy.  Ally with them to destroy others, but I bet you got that already. :P

Hey Aidan, do you have this game?  Just curious.

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

We are all but grey specks in a dark complex before a single white light

First of all, it's wiping, not whipping. We're not going to be turning the forces of evil into an ice cream topping ...right? :lol:

I have some concerns about allowing any country to do that, coding and what not, but how about I just let that be one of the last things I add to the game. Sounds good to me.

You could probably do the same thing with the countries you listed to destroy.  Ally with them to destroy others, but I bet you got that already. :P

Yes, I have this game. But, there is one problem. For some reason the game is SUPER LAAAAAGGY on my computer. It's not a PC it's a shared home computer, but the issue does not derive from a lack of RAM, but rather due to the fact that for some reason the game lags it's (figurative) off because of a coding error with the game and NVIDIA 320m monitors that makes it lag and occasionally crash. I can still play it, it's just really laggy (1 - 7 FPS, instead of 25 - 60 FPS which is the norm for me with other games)

pure_muscle.png

I know I'm not Aidan, but should I get this game so I'm a little more familiar with it?

I would recommend it, but if you don't care for complex strategy games or history, then I wouldn't bother

Yes, I have this game. But, there is one problem. For some reason the game is SUPER LAAAAAGGY on my computer. It's not a PC it's a shared home computer, but the issue does not derive from a lack of RAM, but rather due to the fact that for some reason the game lags it's (figurative) ###### off because of a coding error with the game and NVIDIA 320m monitors that makes it lag and occasionally crash. I can still play it, it's just really laggy (1 - 7 FPS, instead of 25 - 60 FPS which is the norm for me with other games)

First, validate the game files, Steam will verify the game's files and if it finds anything wrong it should delete and and replace messed up files and codes. There is a great (free) program called Game Booster, and when activated it utilizes all of your computer's resources towards playing video games (fret not, it shuts down once a game is closed). Look it up, and while having EU IV on the lowest graphical settings (and downloading a simple fog of war mod (makes the fog of war less detailed and thus the game less laggy), run Game Booster and EU IV should be working fine.

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

I know I'm not Aidan, but should I get this game so I'm a little more familiar with it?

I would recommend it, but if you don't care for complex strategy games or history, then I wouldn't bother

Yes, I have this game. But, there is one problem. For some reason the game is SUPER LAAAAAGGY on my computer. It's not a PC it's a shared home computer, but the issue does not derive from a lack of RAM, but rather due to the fact that for some reason the game lags it's (figurative) ###### off because of a coding error with the game and NVIDIA 320m monitors that makes it lag and occasionally crash. I can still play it, it's just really laggy (1 - 7 FPS, instead of 25 - 60 FPS which is the norm for me with other games)

First, validate the game files, Steam will verify the game's files and if it finds anything wrong it should delete and and replace messed up files and codes. There is a great (free) program called Game Booster, and when activated it utilizes all of your computer's resources towards playing video games (fret not, it shuts down once a game is closed). Look it up, and while having EU IV on the lowest graphical settings (and downloading a simple fog of war mod (makes the fog of war less detailed and thus the game less laggy), run Game Booster and EU IV should be working fine.

I'll try that.

EDIT: Which game booster should I use (NOTE: I'm using a mac) also as it turns out I'm getting 2 - 3 FPS in game.

Edited by AidanBionicle1

pure_muscle.png

I use Game Booster 3, so give that a spin; you should research if it will work on a Mac or not, I use an HP Laptop with Windows 7.  And I am not sure about FPS, might want to ask someone on Paradox Plaza about that.

Speaking of Paradox Plaza, for legal reasons, once this mod is finished I will make a topic on the forums over there and provide the download link over there as well. This will be done because to get on game-specific forums on Paradox Plaza, one must register their video game's CD key with their profile. This serves as a way to reduce piracy. I like this idea, so I will be doing that as well.

And as small update, I'd like to welcome Madu Cabolo to the team! May he have a great time here and prove to be a worthwhile addition. He will be helping in music production.

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

I use Game Booster 3, so give that a spin; you should research if it will work on a Mac or not, I use an HP Laptop with Windows 7.  And I am not sure about FPS, might want to ask someone on Paradox Plaza about that.

Speaking of Paradox Plaza, for legal reasons, once this mod is finished I will make a topic on the forums over there and provide the download link over there as well. This will be done because to get on game-specific forums on Paradox Plaza, one must register their video game's CD key with their profile. This serves as a way to reduce piracy. I like this idea, so I will be doing that as well.

And as small update, I'd like to welcome Madu Cabolo to the team! May he have a great time here and prove to be a worthwhile addition. He will be helping in music production.

Another thing, I bought the game through steam and got a CD key, where do I enter said key?

pure_muscle.png

Welcome, Madu, wherever you are.

OqAhaVh.gif   qIprtVB.png     

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Bionicle G1 continuation and video-game project(MUSIC COMPOSER)  
special thx to Inary the Gunhaver for my new username. 

Another thing, I bought the game through steam and got a CD key, where do I enter said key?

After logging in and going to the forums, there should be a big blue bar going across just below the top of the page, featuring words like "Home", "Forums", and "Members". Well, just to the left of the word "Members", click on "Register A Game" and it should be clear from thereon out.

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

After logging in and going to the forums, there should be a big blue bar going across just below the top of the page, featuring words like "Home", "Forums", and "Members". Well, just to the left of the word "Members", click on "Register A Game" and it should be clear from thereon out.

and this is on what website?

EDIT: Nevermind I got it!

Edited by AidanBionicle1

pure_muscle.png

Been a while since I checked out your EUIV project.

How's it going? Got a map down yet?

Global map shape is about done, all that seriously needs attention is the area that officially got a map: the Bara/Korta Magna region. The map in general needs some realistic texture to it. Taking an idea from the The Rome That Did Not Fall mod, I think this mod is initially only to focus on Western Bara/Korta Magna and Bota Magna, any way to get to other areas will be blocked off by faux-wastelands or terra incognita as I work on them in parts.

Progress has been slow on my part because I've been preoccupied with making a Roman-related mod at the same time. Such little things, such as the name Byzantium and them having 'eastern tech' really annoy me, and a lot of the stuff i have been doing have not been working (shouldn't be this difficult!).

Edited by Iaredios Paerkenon

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

Ah, I see.

I'd try and help, but most of my modding experience is in CK2, rather than EU4.

I more used to modding EU4. Crusader Kings II is similar but is confusing due to how different things are. The situation reminds of back when I was in to Total War games: I played Medieval II: Total War far more than Rome: Total War, and when I used to mod the games I could feel just how different and dated Rome was, even if there were only a couple of/few years between the two.

At least in CKII, there is a DLC that allows you to rename countries, I just wish that you could make the name be the same for every campaign without having to switch countries around.

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

#ComeBackToARudeAwakeningIarediosPaerkenon

:superfunny:

After typing what i said I actually started working on the map again, hahaha. I'm having to try and make compromises between the picture of Spherus Magna from space, and Christian Faber's map of Bara Magna, and it can be a bit intimidating at times.

Also a few days ago I got a demo for MixCraft 7, and am trying my hand at making the theme for this mod. It's getting some used to but i think I am getting the hang of it.

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

I am still working on the world map, specifically the region we got a map of back in 2009. The area surrounding Vulcanus is about finished (loving the volcano(s)) and Tajuun is currently being worked on, which requires making some edits to the west coast. Afterwards Creep Canyon and the landscape surrounding it will be worked on.

But that's not why I am writing this post/reply! No no no. I thought I would share some ideas I've been developing concerning the game's actual time frame rather than back-story and lore.

So what I am thinking, is that instead of beginning the game centuries after the Battle of Bara Magna, it could start in just 50 years (50 AB [After Battle) / 50 5E [Fifth Era], you guys choose which dating system you'd rather have). The immediate threats are the aforementioned factions (Element Lords, Barraki, Dark Hunters), but in 25 years a transmission could be intercepted: a warning. The Great Beings are returning, and around 50 years later a second transmission will detail that two factions have emerged: those that were secretly in support of Velika's plan of world domination, and those that are against it. 50-75 years after the initial transmission had been received, the Great Beings will have arrived. I want the aggressive Great Beings allied with Velika to appear on the map, allied with Vorwoud as those jungle vorox worship the Great Beings with Velika (whatever his real name is) as their head god, and Marendar will be a perfect general character (having a bunch of high ranking stats) leading the soldiers to battle (best idea I got to translate him/it into the game); but I don't know if good GBs (Great Beings) should be present in the form of a country or have a presence in the form of messages from them and player choices will dictate if they get technology, economic or military boost, and maybe extra troops. There will have to be a clear conclusion for this as i want to keep pieces of lore I've already created to be shown centuries down the road. The main problem i am having with this whole thing is that a continuation of the old Bionicle serials will have to be made (the story of it, not actual written story continuations, unless someone wants to actually do that :lol:). I imagine that for this mod's lore Marendar will first go over to Vorwoud and stay there at the bidding of it's master and the one that remotely set it free from Agnonce, Velika whats-his-name, and await for the return of the Great Beings and their Civil War to begin it's march towards the destruction of MU beings (specifically Toa).

EDIT: And in case anyone reading this forgot, Velika wishes to destroy all powerful beings that do not share his vision and conquer the planet so that the planet can be united, stable and safe and another Core War and Shattering will never happen again. Kind of reminds me of Nazi Germany and it's motive to strive for world peace through war (the schwatsika actually means peace and balance :P ).

Also, for the loading screens (which will provide detailed visuals for this game where the game cant show it, epic battles, portfolios, and what not)), the Element Lords could be based off of extinct Earth civilizations mixed with technologically advanced battle suits; for example, the Element Lord of Sand could be mixed between Tomb King armor (based off of Ancient Egypt) from Warhammer Fantasy (1  2) with General Zod's Kryptonian space armor from the movie Man of Steel.

And I don't need this right now, but when I get around to making provinces I will need a bunch of made up geographical names ( ___ Plains, Sea of ___, Gulf of ___) and names in general that sound like they could fit in Bionicle. I'd like it if some peeps could help me with that.

So, anyone have any ideas or comments they want to share concerning  with what I've shared? I'd really appreciate it. :D

EDIT: Typo.

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

Heres another flag

oomn_flag_2.jpg

Also here are the fixed flags for Vorwoud and Tulufu

bm_vorox_1.jpg

tulufu_flag.jpg

EDIT: Also, For the matoran Language we sould be using this resource LINK: http://outofgloom.tumblr.com

Edited by AidanBionicle1

pure_muscle.png

I like that flag more. B-)  Great job on it.

I'll go see if your gallery is public now.

EDIT: Still isn't.  :confused: 

Do you have any comments on my ideas for the Great Being Civil War?

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

I think we need to review what the story and history is thus far. Can you summarize it though?

pure_muscle.png

Are any of the geographical things named by Matoran? If so, you could carry on the tradition of naming things after ancient heroes and other important people, like Lake Naho and Mount Ihu. You could have a Mount Matoro or the Nikila Typhoon.

• Upvote 1

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Bionicle G1 continuation and video-game project(MUSIC COMPOSER)  

For uninhabited regions colonized by matoran, yeah the geographical names would be in matoran. Most the islands in the game were uninhabited because before the Melding the waters were too high, but afterwards the water spread out to other parts of Spherus Magna (many holes exist because there were some parts that were blown off and disintegrated into dust or fell down onto preexisting landmasses making strange looking mountains).  Most of these islands are habitable because of Mata Nui's global revitalization, creating flora and filling rivers, wells and springs according to the biome and location.

Weather patterns don't occur in the game unless it comes up as a random message "Hurricane: A typhoon has blasted through our country and we are in devastation! minus whatever kind of points" or "Earthquake: The divines frown upon us today as they unleashed their wrath and leveled our homes! minus whatever". That kind of stuff. So no Nikila Typhoon. :P

Mount Matoro sounds awesome, i will definitely be using that. I think I will reuse some landmarks found on the island of Mata-Nui, as the Matoran of Metru-Nui have more memories of being there then on their original homes on Metru-Nui.

And Aidan, I'll get to work on constructing a cohesive history. A lot of it is found in the first post but it is admittedly scattered.

Something occurred to me. Velika planted a bomb in that temple-like structure in Bota Magna, ready to kill off Helryx, Artakha, Makuta Miserix, Lewa Nuva, Vezon, and the Great Being cursed by the Kanohi Ignika, among others that escape my memory. We obviously can't kill them all off, that would be poor story telling, but someone has to die to have it make an impact. That Great Being is not well established as a character but he was introduced in the modern day leading to the Great Being Civil War, he had to have had a purpose for events to come. That just leaves some pretty hard choices. :(

EDIT: Hey Aidan, i've talked with Bonesii and checked on BS01, and it looks like there is an Element Lord of Earth. I want to apologize for my corrections earlier. :(  Bones said that the EL of Earth was a recent addition, and it seems there are other EL out there. I was thinking a nation of Lightning could be done, as well as Wind. Anyone have any more ideas?

EDIT: Well, it seems like I have run out of room in the first post. This poses some problems, and it may require the creation of a new topic. In hind sight I should have reserved a few posts in the beginning, but there is nothing i can do now. Anyone have any ideas on where to go from here? If a new topic is to be created, I have been pondering about creating an account for the three of us to use, that away we can update stuff even while I'm not around.

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

EDIT: Well, it seems like I have run out of room in the first post. This poses some problems, and it may require the creation of a new topic. In hind sight I should have reserved a few posts in the beginning, but there is nothing i can do now. Anyone have any ideas on where to go from here? If a new topic is to be created, I have been pondering about creating an account for the three of us to use, that away we can update stuff even while I'm not around.

I'm fine with that, that way we can work with each other in a more organized manor and this topic can be where we post finalized content.

Edited by AidanBionicle1

pure_muscle.png

I'm fine with that, that way we can work with each other in a more organized manor and this topic can be where we post finalized content.

You know that after moving all the data from one topic to the other, this topic would probably become locked or deleted, right?

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

Mount Matoro sounds awesome, i will definitely be using that. I think I will reuse some landmarks found on the island of Mata-Nui, as the Matoran of Metru-Nui have more memories of being there then on their original homes on Metru-Nui.

Oh yiss, I contributed  :P

EDIT: Also, For the matoran Language we sould be using this resource LINK: http://outofgloom.tumblr.com

For you: http://www.bzpower.com/board/blog/732/entry-129204-a-matoran-dictionary-2nd-ed-list-of-volumes/

http://www.bzpower.com/board/blog/732/entry-129208-matoran-grammar-a-primer/

^^^THESE ARE REALLY HELPFUL GUYS^^^

I knew Tolkien worked on the Matoran language.... but never thought he practically created it. :blink:  Holy crud, this is a gold mine! Hahaha!! Thanks Vanson.

Speaking of ol' Van, the two of us began a discussion in PM pertaining to multiple things, but a topic concerning the Makuta Cult made me think that others' should have read and share ideas as well. Here are some excerpts from the discussion:

Iaredios Paerkenon:

And do you know what the head state of the Makuta Teridax cult should be called? I think either Makutine ([Makuta Cult; mah-koo-tee-nay] or that could be their religion, still working out it's beliefs other than thinking that Teridax died a god so he is still a god [of some sort]), Teridala, or something else.

Toa Vanson

You know, if Teridax's death was a central part of the religion, maybe he could be seen as a martyr/Christ figure? I'm thinking he should have been considered a divine figure in life (like many ancient societies treated their Emperors) but a Christ figure after death.

Iaredios Paerkenon

Ideas!
I don't think a Christ-like figure would work, just that they notice how everything he planned led to what he wanted, and he was able to overthrow what the Matoran saw as a deity. From that view, he gained divination and his physical form was destroyed while still in power, so they see him as better then Mata Nui, for, as he is the one that slew him and redeemed himself, he was the one that neglected his people (which drove Makuta to want to take over and watch over the MU in his own way), got overthrown in the first place (basically let Makuta Teridax do this until it was too late) and gave up his power rather than dieing with it. The Makutine believe that Teridax's soul was sent to the Field of Shadows (which I am not sure can be accessed outside of the MU) where the mighty Zivon is their equivalent to Cerberus, and believe that by doing things he stood for (against everything Mata Nui and the Toa stood for) they will be granted favor in numerous things such as victory in battle, good crops, etc. This blind faith to evil makes them extremely dangerous (more-so then the Zyglak, who are also evil, but for different, less radical reasons).

I was thinking that the Makutine (faith) factions (Makutine (country), Skakdi Dominion (Golden-Skinned Being, who I've named Tserkoura), and others) could join together to create a single country, and if they capture every province in the MU then an option to bring back Makuta Teridax could be selected. This would parallel New Atero, who if they unite all main provinces under the Aterite faith (see main topic) and capture all of the MU then Mata Nui would return. And if the Barraki Empire captures all of the MU then every MU faction will have an increase of rebels that want to join the League (as it appears that they have attained divine right to rule them).

One thing I would like to clear up is that I believe the main country for the Makuta Teridax Cult would be called Makutine, which is supposed to be an agori translation and corruption of Makuta (if you feel otherwise and can explain why please do comment). Another thing is that I changed my view for the prerequisites for Mata Nui and The Makuta's return would be controlling certain areas of the Matoran Universe, that away it is possible to have both Mata Nui and Makuta Teridax in-game without a large chunk of time in-between.

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

Hey guys I made some new banners inspired by the Great Beings invading Spherus Magna and music by TSFH. Enjoy. :D

Bright:

gb_civil_war_ara_banner_1.jpg

gb_civil_war_ara_banner_2.jpg

gb_civil_war_ara_banner_3.jpg

Less Bright:

gb_civil_war_ara_banner_5.jpg

gb_civil_war_ara_banner_6.jpg

gb_civil_war_ara_banner_4.jpg

The individual to the right is Marendar, and to the left is a Great Being. You can see a couple more readying to get off. The design for Marendar is partially based off of my concept of him from way back when. Linkity-Link.

---------------------------------------------------

EDIT: I posted a question pertaining to the creation of a group profile. Link is over here.

• Upvote 1

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

My gallery is public now!

EDIT: Also, we should have a topic that we discuss and share developmental stuff that we are working on for the project.

Edited by AidanBionicle1

pure_muscle.png

My gallery is public now!

EDIT: Also, we should have a topic that we discuss and share developmental stuff that we are working on for the project.

Nah, Windrider has come up with an ingenious plan. I will be making a new topic for this project, and a couple of other new topics that will later be merged by her and used as reserved posts. Afterwards the rest of the topic is to be used for discussion and what not.

Anyone reading this, please do not post in any of the topics until they are all merged into one, thank you.

Merging is done, now there is just data transfer. You can post in the new topic now if you like.

Glad to see that it is public! With all the new space we have in the new topic I'll take a look and post what i see fit. :D

We should probably move discussion over to that topic, which will be renamed and properly organized soon enough. Once all the work from this topic is transferred to the new one, this topic will probably be shut down.

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

My thought was that we would use this topic for finished information about the mod, and the other topic to be used as a place to discuss stuff that we are working on retaining to the mod. Though a reorganization of what we have should be in order.

Edited by AidanBionicle1

pure_muscle.png

My thought was that we would use this topic for finished information about the mod, and the other topic to be used as a place to discuss stuff that we are working on retaining to the mod. Though a reorganization of what we have should be in order.

Why should there be two topics? I specifically made the new topic so we could have more information available on the front page (where finished info should be). The rest of the topic could be used for all sorts of discussion. Besides, i don't even think a project can have multiple topics unless they are completely separate (two different projects that could pertain to the same canon universe). This topic would just be closed/locked. People will still be able to look at this topic if they want to see the early development.

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

• Upvote 1

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

It's good, just a few things. You misspelled Oliimpa as Oliipma, and you forgot Lavdarma (which looking back on it, I should change the colors of the flag)

• Upvote 1

pure_muscle.png

Alrighty, it's been changed. Would you mind posting a link to that brickshelf link in the new topic? Respond over there, I'm going to give the order to close this thing down.

Bye first topic, thanks for being the birthplace of something that will be great and beautiful, or just crash violently to the ground and left for janitors to clean up. :)

• Upvote 1

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

Alrighty, it's been changed. Would you mind posting a link to that brickshelf link in the new topic? Respond over there, I'm going to give the order to close this thing down.

Bye first topic, thanks for being the birthplace of something that will be great and beautiful, or just crash violently to the ground and left for janitors to clean up. :)

Thread closed.
  • Upvote 1