A Rude Awakening: A BIONICLE/EUIV Modification

Hey, your first one! Lets take a look.

Okay this is one flag that I'm working on currently.

4bY5ztk.jpg

Sorry, the resolution is a bit sloppy. and it is a .JPG instead of a .TGA

its very early and still needs some work, but its all right for now.

What kind of a flag is that? Looks like a world government type of flag, like if a player conquered the whole map. I see Spherus Magna, but what do the white and blue colors stand for? And it seems pretty big, will you fix that at a later time?

The concept for this flag is that the world of spherus magna has been united. also Im not all too sure on how to rescale the image.

I got that, but what does the blue and white stand for?

I'll give you an example:

Ostonigosa (Bone Hunters)

ostonigosa_3_flag.jpg

This flag is a visual of their religion (which itself is loosely based on Tengriism, which incorporates the following: The sky is their deity (blue), and gives blessings to those that feed him (he reigns supreme at day and night, the colors of the dawn and dusk are competing lesser gods, and to keep his power he needs strength from food; the stars at night being all the warriors who accompany him). He feeds off of the life force that is visualized as smoke (grey) that burns off from things (orange). People that purposely burn to satisfy his hunger by sacrificing organic matter are given blessings. Many warriors that believe in this collect the burnt bones that remained after the burning and decorate themselves in it. This is why they are called Bone Hunters, or Ostonigosa, because they kill people or take them alive and burn them, essentially hunting for bones. When I put these peoples into the game, they will all have the same flag in the background, but a stylized animal or object will be in front of it; if they become united you will have the flag above.

Now, it does not have to be that detailed (or even close to it), but flags have to have meaning, could you work on one?

The blue stands for prosperity, While the yellowish white stands for security.

BTW I fixed the resolution.

sBsJhMc.jpg

I've made another flag. I haven't given a story for the flag itself, But here it is:

EJzr3Is.jpg

Hey dude, your pictures aren't showing up, you should use brickshelf or deviant art.

They're showing up fine to me.

OqAhaVh.gif   qIprtVB.png     

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Bionicle G1 continuation and video-game project(MUSIC COMPOSER)  
special thx to Inary the Gunhaver for my new username. 

Hmm, now they are appearing. It's like they pop in and out of existence. :lol:

Hey, the second page! I never thought the topic would have so many comments in so short of a time. :D

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

We are all but grey specks in a dark complex before a single white light

Okay I've updated the flag of United Spherus Magna 

united_spherus_magna_flag.jpg

THIS time I posted it to BrickShelf instead of imgur.

I've also come up with the names of the tribes of Bota Magna ( I'm working on flags for these tribes at the moment )

Noxtongu (Jungle Tribe)

Naxkonju (Swamp Tribe) (South of Noxtongu)

Bohrebeah (The Flora Canyons Tribe) (South-East of Noxtongu)

Lavadamis (Tribe of the Volcanic Highlands) (Far East of Bohrebeah)

Heres a Map to give you an Idea of the Layout (Its pretty ugly)

image1_3.jpg

I know its bad but I hope it give a sense of location.

Edited by AidanBionicle1

Quote: "Love has no fear, and no vengeance." |

:t: :m_o: :a: :i: :m: :r: :u: :k: :i: :i: | mEaHKlH.pngAndekas

pure_muscle.png

That is a beautiful looking flag! The map, not so much, it is hard for me to see anything on it.

So, you are working on some of Bota Magna I see! In the first post I described Bota Magna Agori as being like the fractured Mali Empire, if you don't know the rough history of that region of Africa, it goes something like this: (I honestly do not know how Mali came about but) in the Medieval-era Mali was a great empire, but due to bad leadership it fragmented into many smaller states around the time of the Renaissance, the greatest of these became Songhai. The state of eternal warfare led to there a large surplus of prisoners of war, which the post-Mali kings sold to European traders as slaves in order to have weapons to further their own causes. This state of small states always fighting later led to easy European conquest in the 1800s. (If anyone reading this notices that I am wrong about anything, please do tell me). With Bota Magna, there was once a centralized government in the region (mostly to protect themselves from the Skrall kingdoms of Bota Magna), but internal fighting caused it to fragment; a player should easily conquer them or create sizable holds in this area.

Alrighty, in other news, I have successfully changed the topic title (thank you -Windrider-). I hope it sounds less plain, and I have an explanation for it in the first post. Speaking of the first post, I have updated the histories of the Skrall and Jirapa in the first post, everyone check it out and tell me how you like it!

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

I've made the flags for the empires tribes of bota magna (more flags for more empires tribes coming soon)

Noxtongu

noxtongu_flag.jpg

Naxkonju

naxkonju_flag.jpg

Bohrebeah

bohrebeah_flag.jpg

Lavadamis

lavadamis_flag.jpg

EDIT: These are not all finished yet. I'm still working on the finished versions of Bohrebeah and Lavadamis.

UPDATE: I've Finished the flags for Bohrebeah and Lavadamis, As well as two alternate flags for Noxtongu

Noxtongu

noxtongu_flag_version_2.jpg

noxtongu_flag_version_3.jpg

Bohrebeah

bohrebeah_flag_version_2.jpg

Lavadamis

lavadamis_flag_version_2.jpg

Edited by AidanBionicle1

pure_muscle.png

Those look great for tribal countries!

I would like to alert you of something: The people of Spherus Magna are essentially human with brown-tinged reds, blues, and greens in skin color. Never mind their depictions in TLR, that kind of appearance is more fit for the people of the MU (though I prefer the Bionicle Trilogy's appearance). in some of the doodles I have been working on for loading screens, I have been using some of the 2009 exclusive pieces (specifically the helmets) as a basis for these redesigns, and mixing it with historical examples and my imagination. As such, I would advise against using helmets that look like Kanohi and use lit up eyes unless used by Matoran colonies. Lego only had them (Spherus Magna inhabitants) depicted the way they were because Lego had to save money on all the new molds produced throughout the years by reusing the same body mold for a long time (the inika build).

And with the flags, I made a small example of how much of the actual picture is used in-game:

flag_example.jpg

Here is a rough outline of the flag shield. Everything crossed by blue lines is not shown in-game, so make sure you recognize this when making flags in the future.

I am just putting this here for future reference:

Emperor: Ruler of an Empire, a political entity that spans multiple nations (kingdoms, arch-duchies, duchies, counties). Most empires destroy the kingdoms they annex so they will not undermine their authority and retain the smaller bureaucratic divisions (see below). (The Holy Roman Empire of Germania was not very good at this, allowing the kingdoms of Prussia and Bohemia to exist (there were wars to destroy these, however, Bohemia was destroyed and annexed into Austria proper)

King: Ruler of an entire culture of peoples, or a person trying to get that title (Concerning the history of Spain (though this is before Spain was created), Arch-Duke Alfonso of Castile, Leon and Gallicia called himself 'King of Spain', when Portugal just declared independence, the Crown of Aragon still existed, and Andalusia was still under Moorish control; obviously not a true king but rather an arch-duke with the power of a king, a king in all but name and proper legality). This is also called a High King.

Duke: Feudal title that rules beneath a king, or just owns a lot of land but is unable to truly become the king of a group of people. If the latter is the case while independent, this is called an Arch-Duke or a Petty King. A governor is a republican version of this. Also, in tribal terms, this would be a tribe (group) of peoples within a culture group, united they would be a kingdom.

Count: Feudal title that rules an area that encompasses a few cities, ruling beneath Dukes and above Barons. In tribal terms this would be a band.

Baron: Lord of a city; a mayor is a republican version of this.

Edited by Iaredios

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

Okay, I've finished the flags for Noxtongu, Naxkonju, and Lavadamis.

Noxtongu

noxtongu_flag_4.jpg

Naxkonju

naxkonju_flag_2.jpg

Lavadamis

lavadamis_flag_3.jpg

EDIT: I updated the map.

image1.jpg

Edited by AidanBionicle1

pure_muscle.png

I am sorry, but the sheer sizes of those countries won't do (except for the smaller ones).  I haven't really worked on the Bota Magna region, so let me do that and then you can edit their placement.

I hope you saw the flag thing above.These flags are pretty cool looking and I wouldn't want to have the game cut out large part of it. By the way, what program do you use to make them?

Lavadams sounds too much like Lava, could you change it up a bit, and lay back on the over usage of X's and K's? I was never too fond of Greg Farshety's use of that after Bob Thompson left.

Edited by Iaredios

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

I am sorry, but the sheer sizes of those countries won't do (except for the smaller ones).  I haven't really worked on the Bota Magna region, so let me do that and then you can edit their placement.

I hope you saw the flag thing above.These flags are pretty cool looking and I wouldn't want to half the game cut out large part of it. By the way, what program do you use to make them?

Lavadams sounds too much like Lava, could you change it up a bit, and lay back on the over usage of X's and K's? I was never too fond of Greg Farshety's use of that after Bob Thompson left.

Okay, How does Lavdarma sound?

and yes the borders are FAR too big. The program that I use is Sketchbook Express (IOS) , Its not the best program out there but it works for me. If there is some free art program out there for Mac and Windows that is good than please inform me.

NOTE: I just checked and Gimp IS compatible for Mac so I'll try it out.

pure_muscle.png

I use GIMP for 95% of my digital art, so go use it, it's great and like a free Adobe Photoshop.

Yeah, both sounds and look better. :D

Map Update:

spherus_magna_map_update_3.jpg

And here is a closeup of the region of Bota Magna you were trying to make borders for. Country borders are made out of capturing counties/provinces, so what you draw probably wont be the final version. The mountainous folds that show where Bota Magna was placed back into Bara Magna are not final either, just an outline. Tell me if it seems too large or not, I honestly think it might be.

spherus_magna_map_update_-_bota_magna_1.

Please note that the area closest to the Great Spirit Robot's foot and the lower sea to the left will be under Skrall Empire/Kingdom control (there will be a few Skrall countries, but will be vassals to the Skrall Empire (OR Kingdom, I am pending if it's title should be changed or not), maybe one or two will be independent so the player has an immediate objective).

Edited by Iaredios

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

Hey one question. How do I change the file from a .xcf to a .jpg?

EDIT: Never mind, I figured it out

heres the flag that I made for Tulufu

tulufu_flag_1_copy_1.jpg

Not to bad for my first time in GIMP in over a year, eh?

Edited by AidanBionicle1

pure_muscle.png

Under File, there is a button called Export, clicking it will allow you to to save it under a new file type. Export As is the Export function's version of Save As. Also, if there is a specific size you like and/or keep using, right under the aforementioned buttons there is a button called Create Template. After naming your template, this function will allow you to create a new file and select the template you just created.

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

Under File, there is a button called Export, clicking it will allow you to to save it under a new file type. Export As is the Export function's version of Save As. Also, if there is a specific size you like and/or keep using, right under the aforementioned buttons there is a button called Create Template. After naming your template, this function will allow you to create a new file and select the template you just created.

Thanks!

also do you Like the flag?

Edited by AidanBionicle1

pure_muscle.png

Thanks!

also do you Like the flag?

Yeah, it's cool. :P  Because of the nature of the game, could you move the center of your flag towards the top? I have noticed that some of the flags I have don't do that and I am currently making small edits to them. They will not be at the very top, but most of the pictures will be in the top half and in center

Edited by Iaredios

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

I have Updated the flag 

tulufu_flag_3.jpg

I based the creature on the flag off of this

AOSR_Bota_Magna.png

pure_muscle.png

I have Updated the flag 

tulufu_flag_3.jpg

I based the creature on the flag off of this

AOSR_Bota_Magna.png

I knew it was from All Our Sins Remembered when I first saw the sauropod. I am going to be honest and say I prefer the previous incarnation of the flag. The illustrator for that story did not know animal biology whatsoever and doodled all the animals like they were from the Flintstones. :lol: The story itself was great, along with the other two stories that came with the 'graphic novel', no doubt about that.

With all the flags you have been making, have you been thinking about flag meanings?

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

The Dark green means the soil, the light green means the ground, the red spot means the sun (Solis Magna) and the sauropod type creature is the tribe's animal icon.

So which flag do you like the most?

tulufu_flag_1_copy_1.jpg

tulufu_flag_2.jpg

tulufu_flag_3.jpg

lavdarma_flag_4.jpg

pure_muscle.png

The Dark green means the soil, the light green means the ground, the red spot means the sun (Solis Magna) and the sauropod type creature is the tribe's animal icon.

So which flag do you like the most?

tulufu_flag_1_copy_1.jpg

tulufu_flag_2.jpg

tulufu_flag_3.jpg

lavdarma_flag_4.jpg

Hmm, hard decision.

I have an idea. First, a compromise: keep the toes and the 'things' on the shoulders, everything else needs to be bare like #1 and #4. Now, could you please upload a picture with just the sauropod I described and a transparent background? I want to try something out.

EDIT: That's your first time in a while? Well great job, I would have thought you to have had more experience with the small shading on the sauropod. Yeah, great job, man! :D

Edited by Iaredios

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

Okay, Is this what you want?

tulufu_flag_5.jpg

EDIT: is there some type of symmetry tool in GIMP?

Edited by AidanBionicle1

pure_muscle.png

tulufu_flag_5.jpg

Yeah, that's good.

Could you please describe what you mean by 'symmetry tool'?

Hey, have you been layering your pictures, or know how to make things transparent with an Alpha Channel?

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

tulufu_flag_5.jpg

Yeah, that's good.

Could you please describe what you mean by 'symmetry tool'?

Hey, have you been layering your pictures, or know how to make things transparent with an Alpha Channel?

Um... Alpha channel? I know how to change the ocpacity (transparency) but I'm not quite sure what an alpha channel is.

pure_muscle.png

Alright, here is the edit of the flag you made for 'Tulufu':

tulufu_flag1.jpg

So here are the flag meanings I made: The dark green is the forest floor, the light green being the canopy, and the sun is red as it is the torch in the sky, and the sauropod is blue as they are the guardians of water, and it's head is in front of the star to show how tall it is (and thus their power).

The thing with flags is that simplicity is the best option, they are easier to stitch and manufacture, and allows more room for color interpretation and symbology (it is this reason why I am changing the flags for Takadox and New Zakaz). Then again, I do like some detail to a reasonable degree (for flags, everything else, I love details). Hmm, I will restore the detail and make a comparison.

Under the 'Windows' button on the top bar of GIMP, click Dockable Dialogs, then click on Layers. If this window is already open, then just click on Layers. Afterwards, right click on a layer, and look for Add Alpha Channel. What this will do is make it so that you erase something on the image, it will be transparent (displayed inside of the program as a checkerboard of grey-scale).

Edited by Iaredios

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

Alright, here is the edit of the flag you made for 'Tulufu':

tulufu_flag1.jpg

So here are the flag meanings I made: The dark green is the forest floor, the light green being the canopy, and the sun is red as it is the torch in the sky, and the sauropod is blue as they are the guardians of water, and it's head is in front of the star to show how tall it is (and thus their power).

The thing with flags is that simplicity is the best option, they are easier to stitch and manufacture, and allows more room for color interpretation and symbology (it is this reason why I am changing the flags for Takadox and New Zakaz). Then again, I do like some detail to a reasonable degree (for flags, everything else, I love details). Hmm, I will restore the detail and make a comparison.

Under the 'Windows' button on the top bar of GIMP, click Dockable Dialogs, then click on Layers. If this window is already open, then just click on Layers. Afterwards, right click on a layer, and look for Add Alpha Channel. What this will do is make it so that you erase something on the image, it will be transparent (displayed inside of the program as a checkerboard of grey-scale).

This looks very good but one thing. Where is it's fourth leg?

EDIT: I gave him the fourth leg and gave his back legs a bit more contrast, It's nothing crazy but it should work. I dunno what do you think?

tulufu_flag.jpg

Edited by AidanBionicle1

pure_muscle.png

You didn't have to make that, I said I was going to make a comparison. :lol:

After comparing the two...

tulufu_flag1.jpg1

tulufu_flag2.jpg2

...I have to go with the original (#2). The detail here is light and not very noticeable from afar. Very well done! Now to see how I can fiddle with the other flags you made to better fit EUIV's flag display (such a pain).

Edited by Iaredios

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

You didn't have to make that, I said I was going to make a comparison. :lol:

After comparing the two...

tulufu_flag1.jpg1

tulufu_flag2.jpg2

...I have to go with the original (#2). The detail here is light and not very noticeable from afar. Very well done! Now to see how I can fiddle with the other flags you made to better fit EUIV's flag display (such a pain).

Haha, sorry.

But hey, Ive updated the flag for Noxtongu

noxtongu_flag_6.jpg

EDIT: after looking at the flag for Tulufu and comparing it to this flag Im going to edit the flag for Noxtongu some more.

Okay I've edited the flag some more

noxtongu_flag_7.jpg

Edited by AidanBionicle1

pure_muscle.png

Okay so here are all the flags that are finalized (or close to) so far.

Noxtongu

noxtongu_flag_7.jpg

Naxkonju

naxkonju_flag_4.jpg

Lavdarmis

lavdarma_flag.jpg

Bohrebeah

bohrebeah_flag_2.jpg

Tulufu

tulufu_flag.jpg

pure_muscle.png

I know I am a pain in the brass cuirass, but as Lord of the Rings fan the flag of Noxtongu looks like a green flag for the Dark Lord of the Rings Sauron. Could you change it to something that won't warrant a copyright issue? :supperfunny: Everything else is quite swell. though Lavdarmis and Bohrebeah could be pushed up more and made smaller (the content  within the image, not the image size itself I just played Europa Universalis IV, and many flags throughout the globe are pretty detailed, I guess I spend too much time playing as a European country. You're good.

I'll put Naxkonju next to Tonju in the front page. Keep up the good work, and Happy Good Friday to you!

Edited by Iaredios

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

Okay, Ive made the flag look less like the eye of sauron.

noxtongu_flag_8.jpg

Ive also made the flag for another tribe

Coldentch

coldentch_flag.jpg

EDIT: I've made the flag for Chohba (originally called Chovb)

chohba_flag.jpg

Edited by AidanBionicle1

pure_muscle.png

Okay, Ive made the flag look less like the eye of sauron.

noxtongu_flag_8.jpg

Ive also made the flag for another tribe

Coldentch

coldentch_flag.jpg

EDIT: I've made the flag for Chohba (originally called Chovb)

chohba_flag.jpg

Two things about 'Coldentch'. The flag seems to be of the ice-type sub-culture, and it's name obviously has the word 'cold' in it. Could you spice it up a bit? Second, that appears to be the symbol for a reformed Spherus Magna; I actually find it's simplicity would be better for a united spherus magna, nothing against your already  well crafted flag for UNS but I like to use pre-existing BIONICLE symbols where possible. I'll try to whip up a flag. Unless you can think of something else, the stripes should be fine.

Chohba is well done, great job.

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

The name Coldentch is NOT derived from the word Cold, in actuality I based the name off of it's pronunciation Col and Dentch. I never meant the name to blatantly have the word Cold in it, if I had realized this, I would have changed the name. But since you have brought this to my attention I will try to change the name. Also the reason why it has the Spherus Magna symbol on it is because of my head canon for the tribe which is that after the reformation of Spherus Magna the tribe was the first to come into contact with the cultures and peoples of both the Matoran Universe and Bara Magna, And adopted their cultures and scientific understandings into their own tribe. Hence why Spherus Magna is on the flag.

Also for the name... How does Codehnta sound?

My head canon for the tribes is this; Many years after Bota Magna and Aqua Magna split from Spherus Magna seven small tribes (Noxtongu, Naxkonju, Tulufu, Lavdarmis, Bohrebeah, Chohba, and Codehnta) banded together to make the Empire of Luhneah, after many years of bad leadership the Tribes that had founded the Empire ceded from it and eventually the Empire fell, Leaving only the seven tribes that founded it, and many smaller tribes.

EDIT: Ive updated the flag of USM/UNS (United Spherus Magna)

united_spherus_magna_flag_2.jpg

EDIT: Ive updated the flag for Bohrebeah

bohrebeah_flag_3.jpg

Edited by AidanBionicle1

pure_muscle.png

I like it, and thanks for the clarification on the name.

The Leandah Imperial Tribal Alliance; such a structure reminds me of the Aztec Empire, which was an alliance of three mesoamerican tribes/kingdoms, the largest one being the Aztec (which is why it is called the Aztec Empire, naming it after the largest population group). 

Before I accept it's name, can I ask how you create the names? When it comes to the non-Ostonigosa or non-Skrall/Jirapa Agori of Greater Bara Magna (or Korta Magna, as I am thinking of renaming the rejuvenated Bara Magna that Mata Nui sprouted forth to separate it from the deserts of ages past), I use mostly Greek and sometimes mix it with Latin. The Skrall, I mix with Icelandic, and sometimes Mongolian and Greek.  Ostonigosa, I mix Mongolian (and for Greater Bara/Korta Magna region there is some Greek and Latin influence to show that they are in constant contact with the Agori of the region). Let me say this, Google Translate is your friend (just realize it's faults and fix the translation accordingly). With all of these, you sometimes spice it up a bit with your own imagination so it is not straight from a preexisting tongue.  If you already do this, then at least this post here can help others that might want to join the project.

Edited by Iaredios

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

When it comes to the names, I just thought of them in my head based on my crude understandings of words and names from various cultures and peoples (Greek, African, Latin, Mesoamerican, Eastern European, and Oceanian)

Also you called the tribal alliance of Luhneah, Leandah. However I think referring to a tribal alliance (or really any form of society or government) by two names is a cool prospect, since we see various countries in the modern world that we call by one name in the empire and another name outside of the empire. (ex: Germany/Deutschland, Spain/Espana, Italy/Italia) I know the examples I used are pretty limited, But. I hope it gets the point across.

UPDATE:

I have updated the flag for Codehnta

codehnta_flag.jpg

UPDATE:

Hey just to let you know I have changed the files over for the flags.

LINK: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=554940

And just to help to try to make your life a little easier, here:

Bota Magna

noxtongu_flag_8.jpg

naxkonju_flag_4.jpg

bohrebeah_flag_3.jpg

tulufu_flag.jpg

codehnta_flag.jpg

lavdarma_flag.jpg

chohba_flag.jpg

Spherus Magna

united_spherus_magna_flag_2.jpg

Edited by AidanBionicle1

pure_muscle.png

These flags look really good. You should try to emulate the flags that are on the OP in your own style. That would look pretty cool.

I don't mind if he creates flags for the Element Lords. Aside for my flag for the Lord of Rock, he can go crazy, as the other flags i made for that bunch aren't the best.

When it comes to the names, I just thought of them in my head based on my crude understandings of words and names from various cultures and peoples (Greek, African, Latin, Mesoamerican, Eastern European, and Oceanian)

Also you called the tribal alliance of Luhneah, Leandah. However I think referring to a tribal alliance (or really any form of society or government) by two names is a cool prospect, since we see various countries in the modern world that we call by one name in the empire and another name outside of the empire. (ex: Germany/Deutschland, Spain/Espana, Italy/Italia) I know the examples I used are pretty limited, But. I hope it gets the point across.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

lavdarma_flag.jpg

It was actually just a typo, but alright. :P  I am very good at world history, much more-so at medieval and early-modern history, so if you need any help with something along those lines, ask away. :D

Yeah, I tired to emulate that by having the agori call the Matoran Universe the Metal-Realm, and Metru-Nui being called Neuropolis. Glad to know you are thinking the same way

Could you please update the Lavdarmis flag by moving it up a bit more and making the lit stump just a teeny bit smaller?

EDIT: I am currently making flags for the rest of the Barraki (save Carapar, whom is dead). After reading about their personalities and what the flag colors might stand for when describing a mix about the countries priorities and their personalities, would anyone have ideas about each person's flag? Aidan, if you want to make these, tell me and I'll tell you want I want.

Edited by Iaredios

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

UPDATE:

I have made the flag for the Vorox Enclave.

vorox_enclave_flag.jpg

EDIT: I have made the flag for the Makuta Cult

makuta_cult_flag.jpg

Edited by AidanBionicle1

pure_muscle.png

UPDATE:

I have made the flag for the Vorox Enclave.

vorox_enclave_flag.jpg

EDIT: I have made the flag for the Makuta Cult

makuta_cult_flag.jpg

That Makuta Cult flag looks awesome. To make the stone feel less alive and more monolithic, could you get rid of the white in the eyes, and edit the mouth to look more like the original Makuta Stone and not a jack-o-lantern? I love the glowing effects though, that's a cool look for it, you can feel the Great Malevolence's shadow flow through it and around it; great job on that.

The Vorox Enclave (not a final name) flag seems too reminiscent of the desert dwelling Vorox; . After looking at Kabrua's wiki page, I think i have made a good enough history:

This group of Vorox was dwelling on Bota Magna around the time of the Shattering, and it had contact with the Great Being Velika, who planned to use them in his effort to conquer Spherus Magna once Mata Nui had successfully completed the Great Melding of the splintered planet. Velika had warned these Vorox of the upcoming Great Shattering of Spherus Magna and gave them  some Great Being technology (armor, weapons), so they gathered many supplies and hid themselves in thence-sealed caves, emerging after a decade when the natural phenomenon mostly passed. Once emerged, they found much of the great forests burnt and blown down and the civilizations of Bota Magna destroyed. Velika's warning gave them a head start in civilization when compared to the agori, skrall and jirapa civilizations, which lost most of everything and had to restart from mostly tribal settings. Ages had passed and Velika, along with the rest of his race, had become revered as gods and they passed the word of Velika's blessings and covenant with this people down through the generations. The 'Vorox Enclave' had become a content, technologically advanced nation that isolated itself from the rest of Bota Magna except for great caravan expeditions that would make a one-time trade deal with a deemed-worthy country every hundred years or so and only conquered land when necessary (farming, population growth, industry, etc). Finally, their apocalyptic prophecies came true when their land was placed back into that of Bara Magna (shortly afterwards renamed Korta Magna (Great Grasses)) and their physical god returned to them.

(From here on out I am using information i have gathered about what Greg Farshety and the Bionicle Story Team was going to do before Lego pulled the plug a couple of years early, with my in-game edits of course) [CURRENTLY TYPING AND WORKING ON POST]

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

For the vorox enclave flage, I'm probably going to be giving that flag design to one of the desert vorox tribes. I'le tryo to work on more vorox related flags (including the vorox Enclave) sometime soon.

UPDATE

Does this look better?

makuta_cult_flag.jpg

EDIT:

I've Updated the flag for the Vorox Enclave

vorox_enclave_flag_2.jpg

Edited by AidanBionicle1

pure_muscle.png

For the vorox enclave flage, I'm probably going to be giving that flag design to one of the desert vorox tribes. I'le tryo to work on more vorox related flags (including the vorox Enclave) sometime soon.

UPDATE

Does this look better?

makuta_cult_flag.jpg

EDIT:

I've Updated the flag for the Vorox Enclave

vorox_enclave_flag_2.jpg

It looks much better! Thanks!

I like it, but I feel that the tan stripes already say that the country is descended from the Lord of Sand's dominion so the scorpion shouldn't be brown. I've made a slight edit to the flag, making it black to reflect tropical scorpions and adding gold lines to show it's wealth and culture.

bm_vorox_1.jpg

Here is its without the gold lines:

bm_vorox_2.jpg

Now, separate but slightly connected, I am making a mini-mod to replace the flags for the most important countries in EUIV with the flags we've made here so we can see what they look like in-game. I will come back later with screen-shots.

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png