Bionifight Infinite Discussion

Voltex

Disregarding the fact that the interference is going entirely unappreciated (and has only resulted in unnecessary injury of the combatants, so far), why, exactly, would Hound be restraining the guy who just got knocked half-unconscious, over the raving racist liable to try and finish him off before anyone can intervene?

Fia might have been the more vocal of the two, but Ardian was the first one to attack (seeing how Hound's not exactly sure of how cultural interactions work between Toa, he's going to restrain the person who's showed the most aggression, not talked about). Ardian has also displayed no ability to turn the motion of his legs into an incredibly deadly attack; if Hound's going to restrain someone and try to end the fight, he's not going to try to grab the person who just showed they can turn into a Toa-sized blender. It's also worthy of note that Hound was restraining as Ardian was having his head smashed by Fia's fist, not after, hence "Even as Adrian took Fia's blow and prepared to respond with one of his own, he would (/ should: not autohit) find Hound non-fatally gripping his neck and pulling him back with all of his strength"

tl;dr: Hound doesn't want to try and grab onto the person who can kill him with a well-placed kick backwards, among other reasons.

pNNgXax.jpg

New page; reposting

Further edits marked in red italics.

I wish to modify Sudrec's power slots. Requested changes marked in bold.

Name: Sudrec "The Heretic"

Species: Great Being (technically a member of the Glatorian species)

Power/Weapon 1: Instantaneous Energy Armor Deployment System (IEADS). After an incident involving Sudrec getting stuck underwater and being rendered immobile, Sudrec has decided to eschew his plate armor for a lighter alternative. He now wears an armored vest with a hardlight generator within it; when activated, hardlight plates will form overtop his body, in a similar manner to steel plate armor. All of the protection, none of the weight - BUT, it has the flaw that it can only maintain the armor for five minutes, after which it needs to be reloaded with a battery pack. Sudrec carries five of these battery packs on his person, allowing for twenty-five minutes of protection total.

Power/Weapon 2: Neutral Particle-Beam Rifle: a gun that fires a focused stream of hydrogen particles at near-light speed. While the particles are invisible, they will ionize the air behind them, leaving a lightning-like linear trail. An elemental Air generator provides the necessary gas particles for the beam, which are then focused by a miniature particle accelerator. While the gun does not require ammo, it has the tendency to overheat and will need to cooldown every time it is fired; the cooldown time is double the time spent with the trigger held down. While ita desreuctive output is comparable to Skakdi heat vision, it works slightly differently; the particle beam delivers its kinetic energy directly into the atomic and subatomic structure of the target, literally heating the target from deep within.

Power/Weapon 3: The Seeking Blade: a Rondel Dagger with levitation and self-propelled flight abilities, controlled via a cybernetic implant. Basic movement is controlled by Sudrec's mind along, allowing him to draw, maneuver, and sheath the blade without physically touching it. A targeting system built into his implant allows the dagger to "lock on" to certain targets, then charge at them at high speed in a long ranged stabbing attack. The dagger can be controlled at any moment; however, in order to use its stabbing attack, Sudrec needs a clear view of what his target. (Think the Yaka Arrow from GotG, but without the whistling)

Appearance: Sudrec's overall build is similar to that of a Glatorian (justification here); however, his true appearance has to be left to the imagination, as he wears his hooded cloak whenever he can, while using a black cloth to cover the lower half of his face. Underneath the cloak, he wears his Hardlight armor vest, a long sleeve T-shirt, a pair of trousers, and leather boots.

Bio: while the Great Beings as a whole were known for their love of creation, there existed one individual who loved nothing more than to destroy. Sudrec was originally one of the scientists that worked on the Prototype Robot, but when the project failed and the robot blew itself up, it was not disappointment he felt but a sick love for the beauty of its final moments. Before long, he had obsessively devoted himself to perpetuating the beauty of destruction, hiding his forbidden love from the rest of the Great Beings. And so, he lived this double life for many years, working alongside the Great Beings as they created the Element Lords, the Baterra, the Matoran, and Mata Nui himself; but when his brethren were not looking, he'd conduct his own experiments with the purposes of destruction, while secretly supplying Great Being technology to all sides of the Core War and even participating in some of the fighting himself, disguised as a simple Glatorian. But the chickens would eventually come home to roost: his work was discovered and he was forced to go into hiding. He was eventually killed during the Shattering when a cave he was hiding in collapsed on him...

... Or he would have been, had not the Host selected him for the Bionifight tournament.

Personality: Sudrec is an oddity among the Great Beings; while most of the Great Beings have an obsessive love for creating, Sudrec enjoys nothing more than destruction. While he can get off from simply smashing stuff, he prefers to take a much more subtle approach and slowly facilitate much larger and "more tragic" expressions of destruction. However, he also possess the typical Great Bring drive to create, something he finds paradoxical. Aside from his "destruction-philia", he is very polite and respectful, if somewhat distant, when dealing with Agori, Glatorian, or other sapient species from his homeworld. However, he is quite dismissive of Matoran and other species from the MU due to having had a hand in creating them; as he is aware of their original purpose, he is unable to see them beyond as having any potential beyond being "nanotechnology". At worse, he refuses to even recognize that they are sapient, and when forced to admit it, he will invariably be baffled by how they developed such intelligence. He likes it a lot if somebody asks him for help or about his work, perhaps even more so than his love of destruction; he will eagerly explain what he knows to anybody who asks him of it.

Other: due to participating in the creation of the Matoran, Sudrec knows the ins and outs of the sixteen standard elements very well; however, if confronted with a Toa that can control a power not of the sixteen known to him, he will be at a total loss as to what to do. He has a similar knowledge of common Kanohi masks, but to a lesser degree.

Edited by One-Eyed Construct

Name: Oxokoro

Species: Toa of Earth

Power/Weapon 1: Elemental power of Earth

Power/Weapon 2: Quake Scythe - A scythe-shaped tool that instead of a blade, it has a pointed hammer tip which he tends to drive into the ground. Really helps create those earthquakes quickly.

Power/Weapon 3: Cloak of shadows - Don’t let the name fool you, it mostly allows him to seemingly disappear and reappear elsewhere. Really it is a reality-warping cloak, so illusionists keep on your toes!

Appearance: He is a very dark toa, the black armor he wears shines like obsidian. On his face is a powerless mask in the shape of a miru nuva, rumors amongst his fellows that it actually the legendary mask of Lewa Nuva, pried from his face and turned black with corruption.

Bio: The survivor of a war with the Makuta and their armies, Oxokoro was one of the last Toa of earth alive after a final battle brought Metru Nui to ruin and damaged Mata Nui's mind. Tired and broken, he was rescued from his dying world by the mysterious (and rather short, not to mention fleshy) leader of an interdimension organization called "The Brotherhood of Darkness" (name pending). From there he quickly rose amongst the ranks to work by his master's side obtaining numerous new abilities and taking countless worlds in the name of the Brotherhood and recruiting countless more. In his latest mission, he has been assigned to infiltrate the Bionifight tournament, collect the gems and maybe recruit more people to their cause. He maintains a psychic link to his master at all times, his master carrying control over the connection. He hopes to keep it a secret by never making contact until the Host and Queen are dealt with, and the stones secured. The Host may not even know what he is in for.

Personality/Other: Oxokoro is a hardened figure from his years at war, polite but firm, but easily able to outthink even the greatest, most depraved opponent. Strong in mind, he tends to be distant, never showing emotion to anyone, not even his master. He chooses his allies carefully, for usually those are the people he is told to recruit.

Oxokoro, the inter-dimensional soldier

New Page repost.

Waiting for an okay to abandon Werl and let Tahnok escape.

Edited by Drakua Toa of Rahi

waffleman2010.png

*Click Banner to go to the Sikza Spriting Kit topic

And then there is the strange thing where female Toa of zap are called Toa of Electricity while male Toa of zap tend to be called Toa of Lightning. Only they are both the same thing.

Actually, I think both are just interchanged regardless of gender, since there are no canon male Vo-Toa. It more depends on the mood of whoever thinks up the Toa, I'd say.

This may or may not have been inspired by Ravyn. :D

Name: Arkie

Species: Toa

Power 1: Freezing iron; works the same as the normal iron element, but constructs created and metals manipulated by it give off a noticeable chill.

Weapon 2: Great Kanohi Hau

Weapon 3: A crossbow- Arkie has thirty bolts in addition to being able to create them using her element.

Appearance: Arkie is tall and slender, bearing white and silver armour. Her left arm is cybernetic due to her having been born without one, and the rest of her armour is covered in scorch-marks, scratches and dents. The cybernetic arm offers no extra abilities.

Image: Here. (Minus the crossbow.)

Bio: From the same alternate universe as Ravyn and Dayeth, Arkie is the daughter of two Outsiders members, Kouyran and Ayar. She was a teenager when Makuta’s forces conquered Obsidian Outpost, and as her mother died during the attack and her father disappeared after the battle, Arkie was raised from then on by the other Outsiders. Becoming highly skilled with a crossbow, she was able to construct herself a cybernetic arm for herself and was teleported into Bionifight shortly after meeting Kouyran for the first time after Obsidian Outpost and discovering, to her shock and disgust, that he had transformed himself into a Dark Valkyr.

Personality: Arkie is grim, reserved and militaristic, very far removed from how she used to be before she was separated from her parents. 

Reposting.

VBWj75sh.png

THE MECH UPDATE!

MECH PROFILE

The Organizers have decided to provide an additional award for good behaviour! Any fighters who have behaved themselves may, if they so choose, apply to have the Bionifight engineers build them a mech. However, there is a cost: any fighter who wishes to have a mech must pay three lives. In addition, while operating a mech, fighters will not have access to their usual powers - this has been done by the Organizers to maintain something resembling balance in the arena. Powers granted by Infinite Gems do not count here.

Mech Name: [What the Mech is called]

Pilot Name: [Which character pilots the mech?]

Power/Weapon 1: [A power, elemental or otherwise - or a weapon/tool]

Power/Weapon 2: [Another power or weapon/tool]

Power/Weapon 3: [Another power or weapon/tool]

Appearance: [What does your mech look like? What is it made of?]

Other: [is there any other information that is useful to know?]

*Note: Powers such as iron and magnetism are weaker against mechs for balancing purposes.

MECH GAME TYPE

1 - Mech FFA: Only fighters who have been granted a mech by the Bionifight Organizers are eligible for rounds with this game type. In this round, fighters are able to use all of the weapons and powers they normally have access to, as well as the weapons and powers of their mech.

MECH ARENA

1 - Devastation: Based upon the war-torn ruins of a small town in the middle of a desert, where lightning storms are a frequent hazard. Wreckage can be used to take cover, although fighters must be aware of possible buried mines.

---

An IC announcement of the additions will be made soon; at that time, fighters may apply for mechs and begin the approval process.

Edited by Lucina
  • Upvote 2

Question, do you loose a life because you can't participate in a mech battle due to a lack of a mech?

Also I will try to get back to my characters later today. 

Fighters who do not participate in a mech-only round will indeed still lose a life. 

Guess my characters will be losing some lives then.

Panzer already satisfies my desire for mechs. Adding one to each of my Infinite characters would just feel tacked on.

• Upvote 2

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

Question, do you loose a life because you can't participate in a mech battle due to a lack of a mech?

Also I will try to get back to my characters later today. 

Fighters who do not participate in a mech-only round will indeed still lose a life. 

I'm sorry, but that's just a patently unfair rule, because not everyone wants a mech, or will be allowed one, and if you don't have a mech, you can't participate. It's akin to saying, "Okay, only people who can breathe underwater can fight in this round, but if you can't use a Kaukau or don't want to give up a slot for it, you're getting penalized!"

• Upvote 3

All are not the same

But three shall be as one

Freedom in the flame

The end has just begun

Actually, I think the rule is both fair and logical; aside from the likely rarity of mech rounds, the hosts want people to bring them Gems, which is the only way to restore lives, so presenting a steady drain of lives is a good way of ensuring that people will continue to do that.

*Snaps fingers*

Most of my characters depend more on agility and skill rather than strength and power. It would be out of character for them to want a mech, and I wasn't planning on giving them one. To institute a punishment for personal preference is ridiculous.

Bionifight was good before there were mechs. They were not in the original plan, as far as I know, and they've been vehemently opposed up to now. All at once, they're not only allowed, but enforced. I didn't join Bionifight so I could have a mech. If I wanted mechs, I would have joined Panzer.

• Upvote 2

Actually, I think the rule is both fair and logical; aside from the likely rarity of mech rounds, the hosts want people to bring them Gems, which is the only way to restore lives, so presenting a steady drain of lives is a good way of ensuring that people will continue to do that.

*Snaps fingers*

nobody's saying it doesn't make sense IC, but forcing players who don't want mechs to keep taking hits for daring not to be involved in a mech-based round they didn't sign up for doesn't sound particularly fair to me. it sounds like a random and unnecessary hook to get everyone invested in an update not everyone was asking for, whether they like it or not

-Tyler

• Upvote 8

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

*Snaps fingers*

This was the line of thinking I took.

We are coming to the end of this RPG's second month, and are only just now about to begin the third round. With how rare rounds have been already, having fighters lose one (count that, only one) life for not participating in a mech-only round will have a minimal impact. At our current rate, even if we had a mech-only round every third round, fighters would only lose one life every two months

That being said, every other player to give their opinion so far has expressed a substantial dislike for the concept, and I also failed to keep in mind that there are players (and by extension, fighters) who will not be interested in having mechs. They should not be punished just because they do not wish to partake in an optional addition to the RPG. As such, I am modifying it as such:

In mech-only rounds, only fighters who have been given a mech but choose not to participate will lose a life. Fighters that are not in possession of a mech will not be punished for being unable to participate.

Edited by Lucina
  • Upvote 2

Thank you. That is much more logical. Now it is a closer representation of the lives: a way to get everyone to fight.

Still leave the problem of so many characters forced to skip rounds and just wander around the facility for another few weeks, but it's a step in the right direction.

Thank you. That is much more logical. Now it is a closer representation of the lives: a way to get everyone to fight.

Still leave the problem of so many characters forced to skip rounds and just wander around the facility for another few weeks, but it's a step in the right direction.

Mech-only rounds will be smaller, which will make it easier for us to keep characters without mechs busy doing other things (since there will be less to keep track of in the arena).

Also worth noting, a mech-only round is going to have a LOT less in the way of competitors. This means the rounds will end faster, because each fighter is a much larger percentage of the total fighters, making each KO much more significant.

All are not the same

But three shall be as one

Freedom in the flame

The end has just begun

Currently, though we are between rounds, less than half the players are on Gem Quests, some of which are progressing only slowly. Not that that's a problem, as I understand even GMs can't be on all the time. But it does mean that in a mech round, there will still be quite a few players left to wander the halls, read, or train, none of which have any real value in the game. Perhaps they make a few alliances that are broken up as soon as a round starts.

It might be better if there was actually something else valuable to do outside of the Arena. Valuable, exclusive knowledge that can be gained from studying, or the ability to adapt a new ability or new skills with those abilities in the Training Sector.

And then players might be faced with an actual choice. Do they fight, or lose a life to gain a potential advantage in the next round?

Just a thought.

Name: Red Zeppelin

Species: Toa of Earth, diehard fan of blues-infused hard rock and prototypical heavy metal

Power/Weapon 1: Red carries no weapons save his marbled elbows, capable of cracking open a skull with heedless force. His fists and legs are also to be feared; he's fond of planting them hard into the ground, and once he's buried himself up to mid-calves in solid earth there is little that can budge him. 

Power/Weapon 2: Pakari-tier strength

Power/Weapon 3: A bottle of Salamander's Revenge from his home universe, the glass somehow tempered and thickened to the point where it can be used dependably as a weapon without shattering and spilling the alcoholic goodness within. He doesn't tend to use it in fights, though, unless he has to - he prefers not to use it for violent means.

Appearance: About a hand-and-a-half taller than the Toa average, and thick with muscle; Red's jaw is lantern-shaped and spare, his face stark and teeth massive, but his grin always betrays a certain cheerfulness, and scarlet eyes brim with energy, giving him a youthful cast. Bears midnight black armor, with some concession to bright red streaks on the vambrances, calves, and heartlight. Also wears a time-honored, faded Led Zeppelin t-shirt. 

Bio: Red hails from a universe bearing marked resemblance to that of the canon Matoran Universe, with one exception - he was born into a tribe of Toa in the Southern Islands who did not worship the Great Spirit, but instead worshipped a warrior-goddess whose very name was said to cause liquor cabinets to quake and fights to spark. Born under the light of this savage priestess, Red became a skilled brawler and drinker up and down the island chains, joining a small posse of fellow devotees before he stumbled into a congregation one day and saw a band performing worship music in the name of their goddess. When he quizzed concert attendees, he found out the band's name was Led Zepplin, and that they were pretty much like human Led Zeppelin except they were Bionicle. 

Red was hooked.

He became attending shows regularly until an accident in The Circle Pit left him hopelessly and frequently quoting Led Zeppelin. One day, while rambling on at home, he found himself sucked away from all he ever knew to join the tournament, and now he fights on, with pride nad vigor, in the name of his goddess and her gospel. 

Personality/Other: Soft-spoken and friendly, Red tends to serve best as a lowkey bastion of wisdom and advice, though he is more than willing to function as a party tank if need be, raising the question of whether there might be a little bit of a berserker's streak to him after all. Thanks to enhanced fanboyism and a concert accident, Red is almost entirely incapable of speaking in anything beyond the prose of his favorite band.

-Tyler

Edited by tylerlicious definicious
  • Upvote 6

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

One more profile, I swear. :P

Name: Thaera

Species: “Bo-” Matoran

Power/Weapon 1/2: Avohkah Claw, a long staff that resembles a shepherd’s crook, though the hook on the end is a pair of curved blades that seem far too large for Thaera to carry. He wields it with surprising versatility, however. Functionally, the staff works similarly to Roodaka’s catcher claws, able to snag larger, slower projectiles like Rhotuka and Zamors out of the air.
Between the claws rests a small glass dome containing a blindingly bright, writhing Rahi. An Avohkah, captured and tamed since Thaera could remember, since named “Io”. The two have created a rudimentary communication system based on the repetition of different frequencies created as the Avohkah vibrates its container. Think Sorcerer’s Apprentice. Its most potent feature comes when Thaera releases it from its cage. Io can function as a deadly and accurate lightning strike. Its sentience means it can twist through the air to counter enemy dodges. As Io is bound to the staff, this ability is short range, with a reach of about 3 bio (13.5 ft., 4.1 m).

Power/Weapon 3: Something Thaera likes to call “luck” or “just another trick of my staff,” a surprising aptitude for ensnaring Rahi and foes alike in his staff. His reflexes seem to be impossibly fast, and it has given him a name as a trapper in his home village. It does not allow him to do the impossible, such as catching bullets in his teeth or dodging unseen attacks, but many larger and more skilled foes have been unable to land a strike on him, leading to their defeat by exhaustion or a lucky hit.

Appearance: The thing that strikes most beings about Thaera’s appearance is he is disturbingly average. He seems to have a precisely calculated height and build, not too muscled, not too heavy set. Depending on who you ask, he might be a hair taller than everyone else, or of a slightly more agile frame. Perhaps they are just trying to explain that something feels… off about him. His armor is primarily colored in tans and browns like the leaves of fall, but underneath lies the deep, smooth green of the most untouched regions of the forest. He wears a Kanohi Faxon in an unusual style, which he considers fitting considering his unusual relationship with the creatures of the forest.

Bio: Thaera woke up one day just outside a Bo-Matoran settlement, with only his mask and a jar of lightning at his side. He couldn’t quite remember how he got there. All he knew was his name and he was most certainly a Bo-Matoran. No doubt about that fact. Once the villagers found him, they gladly took him in. Despite their every effort to teach him to farm, every plant died under his care. After his “help” nearly wiped out the village’s harvest, the Turaga took him aside, gave him a grin and a pat on the back, and kindly told him that he wasn’t cut out for gardening. Thaera happily agreed.
After that day, Thaera turned to odd jobs. He wandered around the village, just trying to find where he fit in. The kitchens quickly turned him out. The forges showed a little more promise, but he was always late for work. Realizing he wasn’t truly wanted, Thaera took to wandering in the forest. And that was where he found his true calling. There wasn’t a creature he couldn’t catch, not a beast he couldn’t turn away. His skills and courage were lauded by the other Matoran, though perhaps just because he wouldn’t be interfering in their work any longer.

Personality/Other: Thaera tends to be excitable and loquacious, prone to getting caught up in a conversation or some interesting thing rather than the task at hand. When hunting though, he has an infinite patience, able to sit completely motionless and silent until a Rahi gets within reach of his staff. Perhaps this skill extends to his daily life in the form of tolerance and open-mindedness towards others. Except Shadow elements, especially Makuta. He tends to shy away from them and grow a little quieter, though even he can't tell you why. He can be a bit eccentric at times, especially when conversing with Io in their strange, humming language. After years of hearing he is the best hunter the universe has ever seen, the thought has gone to his head a little, and he tends to be proud of his skills. Of course, any failure is not his fault.

I feel this profile deserves a little clarification. Thaera is actually an Av-Matoran, exchanged in the Time Slip if that wasn't obvious. His "luck" is actually his unique Av-Matoran ability: "lightspeed reflexes." They function somewhat close to or just above Calix level, allowing him to see, process, and block strikes with a slight increase in speed. It does not allow him to do the impossible, such as spinning around a full 180 degrees to block a strike that is just about to hit him. He also has to be aware of the strike to block it.

Edited by Click

Question on mech-only rounds: could you make the argument that Rahkshi could enter them regardless of whether they had a Host-approved mech? I mean, Rahkshi when you get down to it are small slug creatures riding round in mechanical suits much larger than them that enhance their strengths and powers. In a certain sense they're mechs already

Would be interesting to see if they could prevail using cunning and their smaller size when pitted against the bigger, heavier-hitting mechs

• Upvote 4

7AOYGDJ.jpg

I'm going to let this one fly, and complete the "four characters" trope that I seem to have going on across writings. 

Name: fishers64

Species: Ko-Matoran

Power/Weapon 1: Resistance to cold. If an ice Toa attacks her, fishers will likely shrug it off, unless completely frozen.

Power/Weapon 2: A fishing pole. With hooks and line. Made of steel, it is suitable for stabbing unarmored areas, tangling up enemies with its hooks, and murdering small aquatic lifeforms. 

Power/Weapon 3: A shotgun. 

Apparance: White body, dark blue Kualsi. 

Bio: fishers64 has been a humble inhabitant of an old fishing town on the coast of Spherus Magna for some time. The place is fairly bustling with Agori and Matoran traders on a good day - which means plenty of darker elements hanging around, especially for the young female Agori of the town. Plenty of said darker elements have received their end at the hands of the old fisherwoman's shotgun, however, making the vigilante somewhat of a mama-bear legend. 

The only thing she can conclude was the Bionifight organizers figured out about her secret life. But how, she has no idea. 

Personality/Other: Like any crazy fisherwoman, fishers will always be happy to tell you a good story. Or tell you the probability of the fish biting that day. Or comment on the local weather. Or just to waste time talking. 

So give a Rahkshi A Mech, and it'll be a mech piloting a mech being piloted by a mech being piloted by a Kraata.

Is it sad that I'm planning to do exactly this for Xara? And that her mech is intended to look exactly like a giant Rahkshi? 

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Teaser

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Ten

The hardlight shield snapped into place, shattering the zamor sphere on its surface. "What? That's why I'm here, at least. I thought this would be a shortcut."

Fun fact: Zamors don't shatter. They're made of a special crystal that becomes intangible on impact with a target and passes straight through it, exposing it directly to whatever nastiness is kept inside the Zamor. 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

they are made of crystal, though, I would imagine they shatter upon hard surfaces that are inorganic.

Aren't most beings in Bionicle at least partially inorganic?

If Zamors shattered every time they hit someone's armour they'd make for pretty useless weapons. 

they are made of crystal, though, I would imagine they shatter upon hard surfaces that are inorganic.

Aren't most beings in Bionicle at least partially inorganic?

If Zamors shattered every time they hit someone's armour they'd make for pretty useless weapons. 

I figured that they would shatter if they couldn't come into contact with any organic substances, not phase through stuff until they hit something organic.

Otherwise, that's an...impossible to block, probably near-impossible to dodge attack. Which isn't quite fair, unless punishment is being dealt out, and that wasn't the case here.

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Steam name: Ehksidian

I figured that they would shatter if they couldn't come into contact with any organic substances, not phase through stuff until they hit something organic.

The sphere becomes intangible, but the stuff inside doesn't. The first thing it hits is going to take the full force of whatever's inside the zamor. In this case it would've been the hardlight shield. 

The sphere becomes intangible, but the stuff inside doesn't. The first thing it hits is going to take the full force of whatever's inside the zamor. In this case it would've been the hardlight shield. 

Ah.

Well, the more you know I guess? Either way, the shot had no effect since the shield blocked it.

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Steam name: Ehksidian

Gonna try and get back into this, anything important that I missed over the past few weeks?

Round 2 ended (that was a while ago), some people went of to look for Infinite gems, Someone went on a violent killing spree in the commercial sector, and Lucina announced Mechs.

That's all I can think of what happened.

wGF2PMb.png

lof_teaser.png

(I'll do this eventually, I swear...)

My BZPRPG Characters

Corpus Rahkshi Characters: Kol Arsenal Swarm Amalgamation

Skyrise Characters: Zavon

Name: Red Zeppelin

Species: Toa of Earth, diehard fan of blues-infused hard rock and prototypical heavy metal

Power/Weapon 1: Red carries no weapons save his marbled elbows, capable of cracking open a skull with heedless force. His fists and legs are also to be feared; he's fond of planting them hard into the ground, and once he's buried himself up to mid-calves in solid earth there is little that can budge him.

Power/Weapon 2: Pakari-tier strength

Power/Weapon 3: A bottle of Salamander's Revenge from his home universe, the glass somehow tempered and thickened to the point where it can be used dependably as a weapon without shattering and spilling the alcoholic goodness within. He doesn't tend to use it in fights, though, unless he has to - he prefers not to use it for violent means.

Appearance: About a hand-and-a-half taller than the Toa average, and thick with muscle; Red's jaw is lantern-shaped and spare, his face stark and teeth massive, but his grin always betrays a certain cheerfulness, and scarlet eyes brim with energy, giving him a youthful cast. Bears midnight black armor, with some concession to bright red streaks on the vambrances, calves, and heartlight. Also wears a time-honored, faded Led Zeppelin t-shirt.

Bio: Red hails from a universe bearing marked resemblance to that of the canon Matoran Universe, with one exception - he was born into a tribe of Toa in the Southern Islands who did not worship the Great Spirit, but instead worshipped a warrior-goddess whose very name was said to cause liquor cabinets to quake and fights to spark. Born under the light of this savage priestess, Red became a skilled brawler and drinker up and down the island chains, joining a small posse of fellow devotees before he stumbled into a congregation one day and saw a band performing worship music in the name of their goddess. When he quizzed concert attendees, he found out the band's name was Led Zepplin, and that they were pretty much like human Led Zeppelin except they were Bionicle.

Red was hooked.

He became attending shows regularly until an accident in The Circle Pit left him hopelessly and frequently quoting Led Zeppelin. One day, while rambling on at home, he found himself sucked away from all he ever knew to join the tournament, and now he fights on, with pride nad vigor, in the name of his goddess and her gospel.

Personality/Other: Soft-spoken and friendly, Red tends to serve best as a lowkey bastion of wisdom and advice, though he is more than willing to function as a party tank if need be, raising the question of whether there might be a little bit of a berserker's streak to him after all. Thanks to enhanced fanboyism and a concert accident, Red is almost entirely incapable of speaking in anything beyond the prose of his favorite band.

-Tyler

Please Approve My Dear Aunt Sally

• Upvote 2

helo frens

Name: Naona

Species: Toa

Power/Weapon 1: Mask of Laser Vision

Power/Weapon 2: Elemental Power of Stone

Power/Weapon 3: Beautiful Staff (Can generate explosions)

Appearance:  Compared to his fellow Stone Toa compatriots, Naona is slightly shorter than the average, and possesses a build that is both rather sleek and seemingly-built for the purpose of speed. His armour is lightly scarred and dull from his duties as an officer of the law in the desolate lower half of the once-proud Midnight City, and time and time again he has failed to properly keep it well-polished. It is fortunate however, that his body consists mostly of brown colours (excepting his heavily silver arms, one of which is heavily armoured and hides a compartment), as the dirt and grime is harder to see upon his armour, whether it be the dark brown of his mask and gauntleted hands or the lighter browns of the rest of his body. Also in his possession is a black telescopic visor, one that can be easily attached to his mask so that he can see further through his golden eyes. He wears a belt around his waist, which allows for him to carry necessities as well as his police badge and identification.

Bio: Midnight City. Once a beacon of hope, a shining light of technological advancement and peace that stood testament to the enlightenment of its varied inhabitants, whether they be Glatorian, Matoran, Vortixx, Steltian or any of the other biomechanical races that had spread themselves across the stars. It was an utopia ... or at least, it seemed to be. The rapid growth of the city was unregulated, without direction, and soon a growing wide emerged between the hyper-wealthy who lived amongst the stars in their high-rises and the poorer unfortunates who were cast into the darkness below, forever living in the shadows of the buildings they once helped construct. Yet there was a tentative peace between the two groups, with only small conflicts arising throughout the years.

Then they came. Beasts of shadows that defied logic, stealing away citizens from the dark Undercity with only rumours in their wake. Those who lived above soon took action, sending Vahki and soldiers down to combat this threat, but the creatures simply increased in number. Already a shambling, corrupt mess before, the residents below would find their worlds transformed into an absolute warzone, with the decadent forces of the Upper City clashing against the mysterious foes that may have sought to destroy their dystopic world.

And it was in this warzone that Naona was born.

His earliest memories are of a garbage bin, of alleyway squalor and months-old food. He remembered nothing of his past, with nothing but a name and a once-beautiful staff, dulled from aeons of conflict, to guide his way. He did not know whether Naona was his true name or not (he suspects it may not, though he does understand that he seems feminine enough to deserve such a name), but still took to the streets with it to assist him in finding his purpose in life, to know who and what he was. His heart burned with justice, and soon he became a vigilante, fighting what he perceived as evil and protecting the unfortunate souls of his home.

It is a chaotic world he has found himself in, but Naona knows that he will fight to bring it to order, and has joined the corrupt Police to reform it into a true organization of justice.

Personality: Though usually reserved and quiet in demeanour, Naona exudes a sense of pure dedication to justice, forever working to ensure that there is order and peace so that the citizens of his city, even to a point that could be described as obsessive. Protecting the innocent is the driving force behind his very existence, and no matter how much harm he takes in the pursuit of this goal, he will still soldier on, for there is little that can compare to his devotion to such a concept. Indeed, he is an incredibly intense man, though also especially noble and in possession of a warmth that is usually not found in such dedicated warriors of justice. He is also a skilled administrator, having taken up certain leadership roles in the past.

Yet he can be rather reckless in regards to his pursuit of criminals, sometimes bringing about a certain amount of collateral damage when dealing with those who seek to escape the grasp of the law. This is a habit that is worsened when in sleep-deprivation, a state which the officer can find himself in frequently thanks to his constant work, and can prove to be rather dangerous indeed. He does however take responsibility for every single one of his actions, and will seek to repent and redeem himself through rectifying his mistakes if possible.

As a person, the Toa of Stone can be quite amicable, though the constant professionalism can be quite difficult to adapt to. He enjoys theatre, science fiction and Akilini in his (admittedly little) spare time, and will be perfectly willing to talk about any of his interests if others wish to. And yes, he knows that his name is feminine. It does not bother him. Despite suffering from some of his own issues (such as the question of his identity), Naona will always try and help in times of need, serving as a rock for others to brace their lives against.

Because he will make sure that his people live to smile another day.

Edited by Umi Tryon
  • Upvote 2