Bionifight Infinite Discussion

Voltex

Yes. I know that much.

My question was if they went under the cove as well and came out in the field.

EDIT:

On 4/28/2015, at 6:05 PM, T Hughes wrote:

> waitttt a second.

> I just reread the war games announcement and apparently the generals get the locations of all friendly and enemy units.

> doesn't that break a huge portion of possible gameplay.

> namely anything regarding stealth, ambush or flanking?

Edited by One-Eyed Construct

IC Velix:

Velix blocked the Fragmentation bolts with the ruined arm of his Mech, the bolts blowing it apart, before reactivating the Slow field and attacking Xara's side with his spinning blade, unwittingly dodging the blast in the process.

IC: Xara (Tonitrui) - Arena. 

As he moved in close his blade sliced across the upper part of Tonitrui's clawed arm, grinding against the armour. In response, I fired the cannon once more. At near point-blank range, I didn't like his chances of dodging it, even if the shot was slowed....

IC: Tomo
"This wasn't very smart..."

As the Aerial Fortress leveled out at a lower altitude (maybe 75 bio off the ground), it began returning fire at the Baterra Nui.

"How do I go backwards... Can I go backwards... Agh, gotta bug out soon."

IC: The Puppetmaster (Baterra Nui) - Arena. 

Since the Aerial Fortress only had one weapon - and apparently had to reposition its entire slow-moving form in order to aim that weapon - The Puppetmaster easily dodged the laser strikes and started firing back with both of his own lasers, aiming for the enemy mech's cannon. 

I personally feel that the basically lightsaber buzzsaw should have done a little more damage.

Kopaka, the coolest(Pun intended) Ko-Toa ever:

Comic_Blizzard_Blade_In_Use.png      

"If the fight had turned, Exann might be the one on the floor with Antidermis spurting out of him. This is how battle is. This is how life is." -Mar'jik, Corpus Rahkshi                                       

I personally feel that the basically lightsaber buzzsaw should have done a little more damage.

Well, considering that the mechs are built to fight other mechs, I think it'd be unrealistic for the weapon to cut through Tonitrui's armour like a hot knife through butter, like one would expect from a lightsaber - the same way Fear Itself's drill fists didn't immediately go straight through the Clockodile's plating. 

Since it's a buzzsaw, it would require time and contact to cut through the armour and into the vulnerable circuitry beneath. And since this is the first post of that contact, it's still grinding through the armour.  

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Well, it seems Ravyn and Dayeth are now on the same team, and both Tarsus and Amorigiahna are teamed up with the rest of the characters affiliated with The Outsiders.

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

Ravyn and Dayeth are now on the same team,

RIP everyone. 

• Upvote 2

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Ravyn x Dayeth.

For the love of all that is unholy, will you people please stop trying to ship Dayeth?!

Dayeth x Mortem 4ever

I refer you to my previous post:

please stop trying to ship Dayeth

@Fishers

Langmuir's last attack, the horizontal slash was a cutting movement, not a blunt attack. So if Dr Bundy/fishers were hit with it, they'd get cut, not pushed back.

But you also punched the pilot and knocked her out, and she was already moving backwards after the canon hit, so her hands are going even further back with that force. Her hands are connected to her head. 

If the Bundy is going backwards, it's not because of the repulsion blast directly, but because its controls are telling it to go back. It's going backwards under its own power. 

I can edit to have more slash damage if you like, but I think it would miss, simply because fishers moves back after firing the cannon to avoid damage to the Bundy. 

Edited by fishers64

I'm partial to Dayeth x Skull Carrier, myself.

I'm pretty sure those two never even met. 

I'm pretty sure those two never even met. 

That has never stopped a ship before.

All are not the same

But three shall be as one

Freedom in the flame

The end has just begun

It does when one of those characters have left the game. 

@Tiragath: Good. Sorry for the fuzzy RP'ing.

I have these detailed visuals in my head I have trouble articulating into words, it seems, and while previous RP'ing experiences haven't run into that, it has proved to be a problem in this RPG so far, heh.  

@others: Ismekne X Dartakh OTP? :P

It does when one of those characters have left the game. 

Minor details, that.

All are not the same

But three shall be as one

Freedom in the flame

The end has just begun

Minor details, that.

I'll leave you to your fantasy, then....

• Upvote 1

Ravyn x Dayeth.

Ravyn's too busy trying to kill Dayeth to fall for her, and it's going to stay that way until one of them dies for real.

• Upvote 3

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

Still waiting for Ravyn to try to kill Dayeth....

War Games, Nato. War Games.

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

I know. The anticipation is killing me....

Well, considering that the mechs are built to fight other mechs, I think it'd be unrealistic for the weapon to cut through Tonitrui's armour like a hot knife through butter, like one would expect from a lightsaber - the same way Fear Itself's drill fists didn't immediately go straight through the Clockodile's plating. 

Since it's a buzzsaw, it would require time and contact to cut through the armour and into the vulnerable circuitry beneath. And since this is the first post of that contact, it's still grinding through the armour.  

Don't get me wrong, I wasn't suggesting that. It was just that the way you wrote it seemed like you were saying all it did was scratch the mech.

Kopaka, the coolest(Pun intended) Ko-Toa ever:

Comic_Blizzard_Blade_In_Use.png      

"If the fight had turned, Exann might be the one on the floor with Antidermis spurting out of him. This is how battle is. This is how life is." -Mar'jik, Corpus Rahkshi                                       

A Skull Spider to the face would make a horrible engagement present.

• Upvote 2

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

IC: Virse - Arena

It didn't take the Wrath long to arrive at the crash site. The whole craft was... smaller than she expected. A Matoran lay not far from it.

Virse readied the cannon for one final blast... but she couldn't pull the trigger. After so many years protecting the Matoran, she couldn't bring herself to harm one now. Not like this.

Which craft is this referring to? 

fishers/Dr. Bundy is long since dead and gone. (That's why fishers is shooting/bed surfing ATM.)

Virse and Puppetmaster have been fighting Tomo for a while. Velika's Vision just crashed, and Virse is looking at Tomo.

Also, you might have missed my Dajik post, since I edited it in. And now I'm editing this in, making it even worse. :P

Edited by Click

Virse and Puppetmaster have been fighting Tomo for a while. Velika's Vision just crashed, and Virse is looking at Tomo.

Also, you might have missed my Dajik post, since I edited it in. And now I'm editing this in, making it even worse. :P

Got it, and on my way. 

Still sort of waiting for a Tuyetkamn IC for Kalatin, just to be courteous. 

Doctor Who?

Name: Maeus fo Kuru, AKA “The Doctor”

Species: Skakdi

Power/Weapon 1: Relaxation Vision - Like most Skakdi, Maeus has a vision power (in this case, relaxation). When Maeus uses his vision power on a target, their body will immediately begin to calm down and relax; extended exposure can render targets lethargic or even put them to sleep, although this would take an extraordinarily long time (time that Maeus usually feels would be better spent doing other things). Something to make note of is that this does not affect the target’s mind; as such, their thoughts and emotions will remain unaltered. Maeus’ vision power only affects the body.

Power/Weapon 2: The Needle-Saw - a rusty gas pump handle that has been outfitted with both a long needle and the blade of a bonesaw underneath. The Needle-Saw has become permanently stained a dark red.

Power/Weapon 3: Teleportation - Maeus can instantly teleport himself to any location, so long as he has been there before and can picture it in his mind.

Appearance: [iNSERT LINK HERE WHEN CHRO FINISHES THE MOC]

Bio: Not even the Organizers seem to fully understand where Maeus is from or what he used to do. He gives a different origin story to every person that he tells it to, and rooting through his mind only gave the Queen a migraine that took her three weeks to recover from, although she suspected it was not due to Maeus, but rather some external force. As far as his involvement in Bionifight… Maeus simply popped up one day. It took him no more than a week to amuse the Host enough to get himself hired as a staff member of the tournament, specifically in the Medical Bay. Right before the current tournament began, the previous Head of Medical Staff vanished without a trace; after a short talk with the Host, Maeus took over the position. The Host is willing to overlook any… “mishaps” involving Maeus as long as the Medical Bay remains efficient during the rounds; both the Queen and the Enforcer prefer to pretend that he does not exist, their attempts to fire him all having been vetoed by the Host.

Personality/Other: Maeus fo Kuru is male. He takes great pleasure in the pain and fear of others, and will push the limits of the Queen and Host in this matter as far as possible. His words will often have a double-meaning, and being around Maeus always makes others feel as though there is something far more sinister going on behind the scenes.

Edited by Lucina
  • Upvote 4

Sometimes, joke characters created on Skype are fun. Sometimes they're not. The Steampunk Clockodile was thrown together on Skype, and unfortunately, it didn't fare as well as we'd all hoped. 

As such, Terry and I have been working on ways to improve the design to make it more effective in battle. 

Mech Name: Steampunk Clockodile (Version 2.0).

Pilot Name: Terry Terrix.

Power/Weapon 1: Steam Breath – excess steam from the boiler can be expelled through the Clockodile’s mouth in a searing, superheated burst.

Power/Weapon 2: Explosive Harpoons – these bombs – looking like nothing more than small spikes – are connected to the knuckles of the Clockodile’s hands. When it punches a surface, the miniature harpoons become embedded in it and project barbs to anchor themselves in place, before detonating a few seconds later.

Power/Weapon 3: Sentience-Seeking Missiles – built into the armour above the Clock’s shoulders are two small launchers. The missiles they fire use Psionics to hone in on sentient targets, and take a few moments to cool down and reload after being fired.

Appearance: Taking inspiration from something he found in a book about crocodile evolution, Terry has completely redesigned his mech. Now bipedal, with a thick, powerful tail for balance and wide jaws packed with teeth, he has made certain that armour has been evenly distributed across the Clock’s entire exterior, rather than leaving the underbelly vulnerable – a major flaw with the original design.

The front arms have been modified to more closely resemble those of a tarakava: long, powerful, with clawed hands that are able to punch out with destructive power.

The head has been reinforced with additional servos added to the jaws, allowing it to bite down with enough force to crush most metals.

Other: cameras and other sensors built into the mech’s head allow Terry – contained in a comfortable cockpit within the armoured torso – to see, hear and smell what the Clockodile does. He has a small stuffed Tarakava toy which sits beside him inside the cockpit to keep him company.

I'll edit these changes in over the old Clockodile profile if they're approved. 

Edited by Locus

Sometimes, joke characters created on Skype are fun. Sometimes they're not. The Steampunk Clockodile was thrown together on Skype, and unfortunately, it didn't fare as well as we'd all hoped. 

As such, Terry and I have been working on ways to improve the design to make it more effective in battle. 

Power/Weapon 1: Steam Breath – excess steam from the boiler can be expelled through the Clockodile’s mouth in a searing, superheated burst.

Power/Weapon 2: Explosive Harpoons – these bombs – looking like nothing more than small spikes – are connected to the knuckles of the Clockodile’s hands. When it punches a surface, the miniature harpoons become embedded in it and project barbs to anchor themselves in place, before detonating a few seconds later.

Power/Weapon 3: Sentience-Seeking Missiles – built into the armour above the Clock’s shoulders are two small launchers. The missiles they fire use Psionics to hone in on sentient targets, and take a few moments to cool down and reload after being fired.

Appearance: Taking inspiration from something he found in a book about crocodile evolution, Terry has completely redesigned his mech. Now bipedal, with a thick, powerful tail for balance and wide jaws packed with teeth, he has made certain that armour has been evenly distributed across the Clock’s entire exterior, rather than leaving the underbelly vulnerable – a major flaw with the original design.

The front arms have been modified to more closely resemble those of a tarakava: long, powerful, with clawed hands that are able to punch out with destructive power.

The head has been reinforced with additional servos added to the jaws, allowing it to bite down with enough force to crush most metals.

Other: cameras and other sensors built into the mech’s head allow Terry – contained in a comfortable cockpit within the armoured torso – to see, hear and smell what the Clockodile does. He has a small stuffed Tarakava toy which sits beside him inside the cockpit to keep him company.

Changes approved.

• Upvote 1

Made some changes to Lytrel to reflect how he has been played; also changed his weapons. Changes marked in red.

Name: Lytrel Retep

Species: Ba-Toa

Power/Weapon 1: Toa level control over elemental gravity

Power/Weapon 2: Pakari: Great mask of Strength

Power/Weapon 3: two Arnis sticks made from a very heavy Protosteel alloy. While they can be used to a certain extent under normal conditions, they are most effective when Lytrel is using his Pakari.

Appearance: strangely human-like in appearance, Lytrel's armor looks more like fabric than armor plating, making him cut a thin figure. He often wears a battle suit similar to this one, but without the head covering, with purple instead of red decals, and with this symbol on his chest.

Bio: Details on Lytrel's past are sparse, with the only confirmed facts being that he originally came from a planet called "Tierra" in a universe far beyond the normal reaches of the Bionifight tournament, being fundamentally different than any "Bionicle" universe; and that he was originally a fully organic being (albeit with gravity powers) before being somehow forcibly mutated into a Toa upon arrival. This alienness goes both ways; while his time here has helped familiarize him with the nature of the "Bionicle universe", he still has much to learn. His own amnesia doesn't help matters; while from time to time he may recall names and vague events, he bears little recollection of his personal history other than the fact that he has travelled the multiverse before, being an engineer in one universe, and then a schoolteacher in a second.

After the first round, he was recruited by the Queen on a quest to retrieve the Mind Gem; during this quest, however, he snapped and ended up violently lashing out at the other members of the party before attempting to kill the Queen at the Mind Gem's behest. His attempt failed and he was separated from the group, though he has returned to the facility along with a mirror version of himself.

Personality/Other: the amnesia that afflicts Lytrel seems to have warped his personality somewhat, but it is clear that at his core, Lytrel is a person that loves order, loves knowledge, and hates conflict. On the surface, he appears to be a pleasant and amicable, if easily agitated individual. He can be quite timid at times, even if he is holding a position of supposed authority, and can be easily swayed to follow the strongest person in the room.

Deep beneath this friendly and quiet persona, however, lies a hotbed of insecurity and an easily wounded ego.

The slightest of insults, if given in the right situation, can send him into a fit of raving, murderous hysteria. He doesn't take criticism well, and expose his flaws and wrongdoings at your own peril. He has the tendency to hold inward grudges, bottling up intense feelings of hatred towards individuals who have wronged him in the past. But he can only bottle up so much before he explodes...

Made some changes to Lytrel to reflect how he has been played; also changed his weapons. Changes marked in red.

Name: Lytrel Retep

Species: Ba-Toa

Power/Weapon 1: Toa level control over elemental gravity

Power/Weapon 2: Pakari: Great mask of Strength

Power/Weapon 3: two Arnis sticks made from a very heavy Protosteel alloy. While they can be used to a certain extent under normal conditions, they are most effective when Lytrel is using his Pakari.

Appearance: strangely human-like in appearance, Lytrel's armor looks more like fabric than armor plating, making him cut a thin figure. He often wears a battle suit similar to this one, but without the head covering, with purple instead of red decals, and with this symbol on his chest.

Bio: Details on Lytrel's past are sparse, with the only confirmed facts being that he originally came from a planet called "Tierra" in a universe far beyond the normal reaches of the Bionifight tournament, being fundamentally different than any "Bionicle" universe; and that he was originally a fully organic being (albeit with gravity powers) before being somehow forcibly mutated into a Toa upon arrival. This alienness goes both ways; while his time here has helped familiarize him with the nature of the "Bionicle universe", he still has much to learn. His own amnesia doesn't help matters; while from time to time he may recall names and vague events, he bears little recollection of his personal history other than the fact that he has travelled the multiverse before, being an engineer in one universe, and then a schoolteacher in a second.

After the first round, he was recruited by the Queen on a quest to retrieve the Mind Gem; during this quest, however, he snapped and ended up violently lashing out at the other members of the party before attempting to kill the Queen at the Mind Gem's behest. His attempt failed and he was separated from the group, though he has returned to the facility along with a mirror version of himself.

Personality/Other: the amnesia that afflicts Lytrel seems to have warped his personality somewhat, but it is clear that at his core, Lytrel is a person that loves order, loves knowledge, and hates conflict. On the surface, he appears to be a pleasant and amicable, if easily agitated individual. He can be quite timid at times, even if he is holding a position of supposed authority, and can be easily swayed to follow the strongest person in the room.

Deep beneath this friendly and quiet persona, however, lies a hotbed of insecurity and an easily wounded ego.

The slightest of insults, if given in the right situation, can send him into a fit of raving, murderous hysteria. He doesn't take criticism well, and expose his flaws and wrongdoings at your own peril. He has the tendency to hold inward grudges, bottling up intense feelings of hatred towards individuals who have wronged him in the past. But he can only bottle up so much before he explodes...

Changes to Lytrel approved.

Changes approved.

I must amend this to not approved. We will, as of right now, be instituting a cost of 2 lives for any modifications made to Mech profiles after they have already been approved. Nato, if you agree to give up the 2 lives, then the changes shall be re-approved.

I must amend this to not approved. We will, as of right now, be instituting a cost of 2 lives for any modifications made to Mech profiles after they have already been approved. Nato, if you agree to give up the 2 lives, then the changes shall be re-approved.

That seems fair, especially considering how much I've changed the design. I'm fine with making Terry cough up a couple more lives. 

That seems fair, especially considering how much I've changed the design. I'm fine with making Terry cough up a couple more lives. 

Changes are approved again then.