Bionifight Infinite Discussion

Voltex

True, but having weapons doesn't necessarily mean that they're going to win, either. It's what they do with them that counts, and from my point of view, obtaining a few more Ultimate Weapons is like surrounding a crate of TNT with a bunch of nukes when it's already been doused in gasoline and has a burning candle sitting on top of it; in other words, they just guarantee that the potential explosion will be exponentially worse.

Edited by Timageness

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

True, but having weapons doesn't necessarily mean that they're going to win, either. It's what they do with them that counts, and from my point of view, obtaining a few more Ultimate Weapons is like surrounding a crate of TNT with a bunch of nukes when it's already been doused in gasoline and has a burning candle sitting on top of it; in other words, they just guarantee that the potential explosion will be exponentially worse.

Not sure how having a bunch of really powerful weapons on our side is going to make things worse for us.

Edited by Silvan Haven
  • Upvote 1

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

Question for the staff, since you guys probably have a better idea of the map's size than us players:

IC Tirkah:

Disregarding The likely dead Heyfon, Tirkah scanned the field.

A team was at the weapon spawn, out in the open.

He grinned. Perfect.

A Rahkshi, even.

He took aim, adjusting for bullet drop at the extreme range.

Assuming nothing happened, the bullet would tear through the silver Rahkshi's Kraata case.

He fired.

OOC that's Xara.

How feasible is it for Tirkah - on the clifftop - to be succesfully headshotting someone who is all the way over at the special weapon's spawn. I've been assuming the map is too big for any kind of accuracy at that sort of range, but now I'm not so certain. 

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Or someone who'd be more likely to get into a fight with another teammate, hence the above comparison.

As for my lack of posts, I'm currently waiting on a Tarsus-related issue to be cleared up first before I start doing anything of importance.

Edited by Timageness

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

Question for the staff, since you guys probably have a better idea of the map's size than us players:

IC Tirkah:

Disregarding The likely dead Heyfon, Tirkah scanned the field.

A team was at the weapon spawn, out in the open.

He grinned. Perfect.

A Rahkshi, even.

He took aim, adjusting for bullet drop at the extreme range.

Assuming nothing happened, the bullet would tear through the silver Rahkshi's Kraata case.

He fired.

OOC that's Xara.

How feasible is it for Tirkah - on the clifftop - to be succesfully headshotting someone who is all the way over at the special weapon's spawn. I've been assuming the map is too big for any kind of accuracy at that sort of range, but now I'm not so certain. 

I want to know how he's seeing that far. :P 

Kopaka, the coolest(Pun intended) Ko-Toa ever:

Comic_Blizzard_Blade_In_Use.png      

"If the fight had turned, Exann might be the one on the floor with Antidermis spurting out of him. This is how battle is. This is how life is." -Mar'jik, Corpus Rahkshi                                       

Dude has sniper rifle. Magnification crosshairs?

Longest confirmed sniper kill is a mile and a half. Snipers usually work in half that range.

Also Tex has confirmed people around the Special Weapon spawn are safe from Covetop snipers.

All are not the same

But three shall be as one

Freedom in the flame

The end has just begun

Also Tex has confirmed people around the Special Weapon spawn are safe from Covetop snipers.

For the sake of making everyone aware, I'll put the actual quotes from the Skype chat here:

[1:38:04 PM] Lucina (Voltex): yeah snipers at top of cliff can only reliably hit people in the cove

[1:38:34 PM] Lucina (Voltex): Maaaaaybe if they're extremely lucky, they could hit people on their side of the grassy field, but that's pushing it
[1:38:57 PM] Lucina (Voltex): Someone in the middle at special weapon spawn is totally fine
Edited by Locus

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

I took the general use of the word "snipers" to mean anyone who was trying to shoot from the clifftop. 

Sometimes life grabs us by the eyeballs and then chucks us out of the window. Today, we must acknowledge that it has done this to one of our staff members.

As a skeleton, I must point out that nobody grabbed my eyeballs, as there are none to grab. I have, however, been defenestrated.

Thank you for the sendoff.

It was an awesome ride helping to get Bionifight Infinite off the ground, and I'm extremely thankful for the opportunity to help run a game likes this, but ultimately I found out that the reason I don't typically work on this sort of project is that I'm unfortunately not well suited to the long-term investment. Similarly to what Ras said, I can't seem to make my activity stick, and if I'm technically on staff but not really doing anything, I'm clearly hurting the RP more than helping it.

I'd like to note that I will still be active in the Skype chats for the RPG and I might try to give some input on the creative process here and there, so if you need my help with something small like that, I'd be happy to accommodate you.

Edited by Chro
  • Upvote 8

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

I'm away for a few others, and the entire team breaks down.... WHY? 

OOC: I was not informed of this reason. 

IC(A.D.): "What reason? I don't recall one being discussed."

OOC: Hm.... Click was supposed to PM the battle plans to everyone... We'll get him to bring you up to speed when he comes back online. 

IC: Xara - Royal Blindside Army - Special Weapons Spawn.

"Urgh.... too busy sunbaking to pay attention to what's going on around you..." I turned away, forcing myself not to lash out with anything more than just words. The last thing we needed was more teammates trying to kill each other.

No matter how tempting it might be.....

OOC: He did. But he forgot to provide the reason of why Xara and Tenjou were given first pick of the weapons. 

IC(A.D.): "Whatever. Nobody told me that a planning session was being held, or that I was invited, or there was a reason for anything beyond favoritism." He shrugged. "Now if someone would be so kind as to inform me of the reason my worst enemy is being given a weapon to destroy me with, I'd appreciate it."

Having a similar problem with the Arma Virique chat group; apparently Tarsus is on both of the defense teams and there has been no mention of what Amorigiahna's supposed to be doing either. I brought the issue there along with links to both of the posts and haven't heard a thing since, which is why I haven't been posting as either of them yet.

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

It seems that communication between the leaders and their teams has broken down....

Having a similar problem with the Arma Virique chat group; apparently Tarsus is on both of the defense teams and there has been no mention of what Amorigiahna's supposed to be doing either. I brought the issue there along with links to both of the posts and haven't heard a thing since, which is why I haven't been posting as either of them yet.

I'll fix that by having Langmuir amend his callout to be for Amorganfreemanha instead of Tarsus.

...but close to it

Amorganfreemanha

I found this way funnier than I should've. 

Yay!

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

This is on me; a chat group was used for ease in communication, and the information wasn't passed to the handful of people outside of it until a little later in the planning stages than it should have been. That Tarsus is listed twice is a clerical error, I likely listed him a second time where I intended to Amorigiahna.

Gath's fixed that part, though. I also apologize for failing to address it sooner, but my weekend was.... Busy, to say the least. 

I'll actually be PMing you shortly with one or two questions about Amorigiahna. :)

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

It's cool, man. Real life comes first.

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

This character isn't a replacement for fishers. :P (Although I think there might be some wonkiness with that Matoran's death, she's still very dead, as per the rule of insane characters. Time to move on. )

I do want to see this character's powers in the arena at some point. :shrugs: Think Guardians of the Galaxy for the arrow, only I think Sanskrit's is probably bigger. And she isn't insane.

Name: Sanskrit

Species: Great Being, with implants

Power/Weapon 1: A single large lightweight metal arrow, which can be controlled via telekinesis to stab through her opponent, then turn around and stab again. Does not cut through thick armor, sheilds, or blades without Sanskrit expriencing severe mental strain.

Power/Weapon 2: Kanohi Extrenix, the Mask of No Escape - a Kanohi that allows the user to extend someone's life beyond the point in which they would have died. This can be used to invoke additional pain and suffering on the victim, or to keep them alive for just a bit longer to rush the being in question to medical care. This power cannot be used on Sanskrit herself, for obvious reasons, and damage to the mask will not affect Sanskrit's conciousness or alertness directly (but if her head is smashed in, she's out anyway).

Power/Weapon 3: The Hustler - A small device on Sanskrit's belt allows her to force people to dance in a 10 ft radius around her for about a minute. This power affects the body, not the mind, contorting and loosening limbs to some unheard beat. The device is capable of playing music, but Sanskrit rarely does this.

Bio: Sanskrit is one of the few people who wasn't forcibly teleported to Bionifight - she teleported herself, using a one-use teleportation device that is now dead unless she makes it back home again. For many years, the Great Being has been monitoring the great disturbance in the force of death caused by the Bionifight tournaments. This time, however, the disturbance has grown greater and more disturbing, and the Great Being has come to investigate the cause of the anomaly within the anomaly.

She also was summoned for one of the Bionfight tournaments in her much younger days. She has not been summoned since, until now, although she still has functioning Infinite System chips.

Appearance: Sanskrit is short, for a Great Being, about Matoran height. She wears a black cloak that covers most of her features, but wears very little armor underneath, something her enemies might take advantage of. The Mask of Extrenix appears like the Kanohi Ignika, but instead of a vitruvian man, two chain-resembling bumps cross the Mask in an X shape. The eyeholes are square instead of angled.

Personality/Other: Sanskrit is a quiet and unassuming type, and is focused on her mission. Because she is in the middle of the crazy analomaly that is Bionifight, her death sense powers no longer work. Not that she would find them any good anyway.

Sanskrit is also a pacifist that would prefer to avoid a fight, although she would do so to protect herself from getting hurt. She still has an attachment to her old Bionifight days, but she thinks those days are likely over.

From Skype:

me ‎12‎:‎52‎ ‎AM

Since the general consensus does appear to be that power creep is a thing: what would all of your thoughts be on us having everyone re-submit their profiles for approval?

We can then knock everyone down, up, and sideways to be more even power-level wise.

Keep in mind that at this moment we do not plan on doing this; it is simply one of the more drastic possible solutions that we have come up with.

Thoughts from the players?

As I said on Skype, I feel it would be easier for both staff and players if the four staff were to go through all of the existing profiles and only ask people to resubmit/modify them if they feel there's something wrong with a particular character. 

It saves you guys from getting swamped in resubmitted profiles, which would only cause a backlog. Players would be left waiting for who knows how long to find out if their characters would require editing or not. 

• Upvote 2

Power creep?

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

Yarr, that's par for the course with Ultimate Weapons, Mechs, and the other Special Weapons. Not sure why character profiles are being targeted, though.

I tend to view this as a story, which tend to be games of seconds and inches. For example, Xaeraz' Ultimate Weapon Rust Cannon would do little damage to Kalatin since he's a blob of jello, but regular air-powered Lekona could create a vacuum and kill him in five seconds. An extremely huge mech might ignore Sanskrit or fishers in search of bigger targets. As long as things are played realistically, I don't see why this is a problem.

It's not like Bionifight Ultimate where Chro was this freaky OP guy with like 5 Drift Force Weapons. :P

Power/Weapon 3: The Hustler - A small device on Sanskrit's belt allows her to force people to dance in a 10 ft radius around her for about a minute. This power affects the body, not the mind, contorting and loosening limbs to some unheard beat. The device is capable of playing music, but Sanskrit rarely does this.

Oh wow...Dreidel would love this.