Bionifight Infinite Discussion

Voltex

Ok, Due to the lack of interesting things (At least in the vein of my characters) going on recently, I recon it's time to post two new ones, assuming the Power-creep negation thing doesn't settle in quite soon.
So, Two characters, one from the BZPRPG (Who will still be in said RPG, assuming Ghosthands keeps busy), and one from the Halkenverse.

Name: Tavari
Species: Toa of Lightning
Power/Weapon 1: Electrolance (A three-pronged staff that channels her Lightning powers, but can also be used as a standalone weapon)
Power/Weapon 2: Elemental Powers of Lightning
Power/Weapon 3: Great Huna (Allows her to become Invisible for a short period of time, Allowing for stealthy attacks and sneaky getaways)
Appearance: Tavari has a slim build, clad in striking white armour with blue highlights, yet always seems to wear a ragged brown hooded shawl over everything. Her Eyes are electric blue, and perfect for giving foolish allies a death glare.
Bio: Hailing from the Current BZPRPG Universe, Tavari tended to not get directly involved in any major conflicts, instead aiding those whose lives were on the line in the major vicinity. After years of mutually serving her country, she was summoned to Bionifight to test her skills.
Personality/Other: At first, Tavari appears to be cold and savage, but underneath that harsh exterior lies a more emotional side to her. She is also a loner, and tends to stray away from forming permanent alliances most of the time. Her fighting style is lightning fast, and relies on Acrobatic movements to confuse opponents before striking.

Name: “Fission” (Real name unknown)
Species: Toa of Nuclear Energy

Power/Weapon 1: A heavy mace used as a Primary weapon. Used primarily for concussive blows and smashing.

Power/Weapon 2: Elemental powers of Nuclear Energy. (Fission can launch bolts of Nuclear energy at opponents. Their radioactivity is contained, preventing stray gamma rays from poisoning other combatants and being overpowered, but enough to inflict radiation poisoning on its intended target. He can absorb radioactivity, though, but that’s usually rather scarce in the Bionifight arena)

Power/Weapon 3: Tank arm (Heavy armour plates covering his right arm. This is mainly used as a shield, as its functionality as a weapon is rather restricted)

Appearance: Fission has mainly sand-green armour covering his Muscular build, with the exception of his right arm and feet, which are Gunmetal grey and heavily armoured. His eyes are a noxious green, which match his heart-light and unusual veins on his right arm.
Bio: Originally from the Halkenverse’s Nynrah, Fission was originally a Toa of Fire who was experimented on to create a new weapon, which was said to involve Pit Mutagen and Nuclear waste. After the experiment was over, Fission was ready to be rolled into battle, but after realising what he had become, he escaped and went rogue. It was said he almost reached the southern continent before he was teleported to Bionifight.
Personality/Other: Fission’s long history has left him Jaded and nearly emotionless. He won’t even flinch if a Tahtorak roars right in his face. He also harbours a general dislike of Matoran and Toa of fire, the former for experimenting on him, and the latter out of jealousy. His fighting style is potently strong, but he’s very slow, which is also a hindrance.

I tried to balance out Fission as best as I can, but if you see some kind of Overpowered-ness problem in his bio, feel free to notify me.

As for everyone else, good luck with the rest of the war games. Let's hope something interesting happens soon...

Edited by Shagaru Magala

wGF2PMb.png

lof_teaser.png

(I'll do this eventually, I swear...)

My BZPRPG Characters

Corpus Rahkshi Characters: Kol Arsenal Swarm Amalgamation

Skyrise Characters: Zavon

I'm never gonna explain myself out of this one, aren't I?

I was trying to make the nuclear power Toa as non-gamebreaking as could possibly be, and fallout that is normally produced by conventional nukes would poison just about anyone in the arena. So, for balance, I just shortened it down to conventional explosives. I should probably add something in the Bio about a power limiter like Severain has...

wGF2PMb.png

lof_teaser.png

My BZPRPG Characters

Name: Reezo

Species: Skakdi

Power/Weapon 1: Heat Vision

Power/Weapon 2: Pakari-level strength

Power/Weapon 3: A large scaling hammer

Appearance: Exactly like Reidak, except all black armor.

Bio: Reevo's history is unknown simply because he does not remember it. When he was teleported in as a fighter several tournaments ago, the Host discovered that Reevo remembered nothing except his name; after the tournament, Reevo was hired on as a member of the facility staff, and was recently transferred to the Engineering Sector to work for Dreisen.

Personality/Other: Male. Reevo is an exceptionally kind and well-meaning individual, and will often go out of his way to help others. 

Edited by Lucina
  • Upvote 4

I'd be surprised if he's engaging in nuclear fusion in his backyard.

But if he's able to get a few kilograms of plutonium, then he could at least cause a supercriticality accident in his backyard that could theoretically even cause a powerful explosion. But that's expensive and that's fission.

Meanwhile, Fishers: Vagust is wondering if that might be the case, but he ain't saying anything yet. =P

• Upvote 3

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

So, just a quick question regarding the cliff in the cove. You've given us a height - 300 feet - but there's no real description of the cliff itself. Is it completely sheer, or is it more rough and uneven? Is it overgrown with vines, or devoid of plantlife, etc.?

I just want to clarify all of this so I can gauge how easily it could be climbed. 

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Teaser

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

I might be building a nuclear fuser in my backyard with a few bros this summer. 

I just felt like pointing that out, because yeah Nuclear Energy is more than just nukes. 

It also means Godzilla. 

A 'star in a jar'? Cool.

Kopaka, the coolest(Pun intended) Ko-Toa ever:

Comic_Blizzard_Blade_In_Use.png      

"If the fight had turned, Exann might be the one on the floor with Antidermis spurting out of him. This is how battle is. This is how life is." -Mar'jik, Corpus Rahkshi                                       

So, just a quick question regarding the cliff in the cove. You've given us a height - 300 feet - but there's no real description of the cliff itself. Is it completely sheer, or is it more rough and uneven? Is it overgrown with vines, or devoid of plantlife, etc.?

I just want to clarify all of this so I can gauge how easily it could be climbed. 

rough and uneven, and devoid of plantlife

Hm.... so scaling it is still a definite possibility.... :evilbiggrin: 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

That is, if you don't get shot on the way up, or get hit with gravity powers and fall to your death.

There's also the risk of getting struck by lightning.

Did you all know that you're 78% more likely to be struck by lightning when scaling a cliff? 

Did you all know that you're 78% more likely to be struck by lightning when scaling a cliff? 

Wait, what? How come the people standing at the top of the cliff aren't getting zapped? 

Wait, what? How come the people standing at the top of the cliff aren't getting zapped? 

Are the people standing at the top of the cliff currently scaling the cliff?

No?

Well there's your answer then

Exactly!

They're already on top of it, thus much closer to the source of the lightning than anyone who might hypothetically be scaling it. 

• Upvote 3

Question for staff: When fighters are brought out of the arena, are they healed by the teleportation process, or the medical staff.

I've always assumed it to be the former - the fighters are restored to whatever state they were in before being teleported into the arena, but this post seems to contradict that...

IC(A.D.): "HOST!" A.D. yelled, still banging on the door. "MAEUS KILLED OFF THE MEDICAL STAFF! YOU HAVE TO STOP THE TOURNAMENT OR EVERYONE IN THERE DIES FOR REAL!"

....so now I'm not sure what to think. 

Right, I'm now official labeling Maeus as the mad doctor. Well, it was obvious from the start, wasn't it?

Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if he said something along the lines of "ZHE HEALING IS NOT AS REWARDING AS ZHE HURTING!"

wGF2PMb.png

lof_teaser.png

My BZPRPG Characters

Question for staff: When fighters are brought out of the arena, are they healed by the teleportation process, or the medical staff.

I've always assumed it to be the former - the fighters are restored to whatever state they were in before being teleported into the arena, but this post seems to contradict that...

IC(A.D.): "HOST!" A.D. yelled, still banging on the door. "MAEUS KILLED OFF THE MEDICAL STAFF! YOU HAVE TO STOP THE TOURNAMENT OR EVERYONE IN THERE DIES FOR REAL!"

....so now I'm not sure what to think. 

Well, we have actual medical staff for a reason. But no more than half of them are dead, and A.D. has no idea what he's raving about anyway.

Edited by Lucina

Maeus definitely is a few cards short of a full deck, though. And when I say "a few", I mean he doesn't have a deck. In fact he is so far from having a deck that the people that do have full decks are angered by the implication that he ever had a full deck.

• Upvote 3

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

Maeus isn't just a few cards short of a full deck. He's missing the deck, the rules, and the table to play on. He so many cards short of a deck that he's looped back around and has a complete set of yahtzee dice.

• Upvote 1

All are not the same

But three shall be as one

Freedom in the flame

The end has just begun

I wouldn't take anything the dragon says as literal truth at this point. Unlike fishers who has no fear of death, the dragon is scared of death, which translates to fear of Maeus real fast.

He's also scared of humiliation, though, and that fear has actually been realized. Like four times already. He wants to redeem himself. But he's terrified of Maeus and death. Hence all the stuff that doesn't make sense. As a result, he has no idea what to do.

Just gonna pop in here for a sec.

My concept of the Infinite System revival & teleportation process:

- When they are teleported out of the arena, a fighter is restored to the state in which they arrived at the facility, using Red Star-style "backup" tech. Basically, it's a reset to your character's profile default (in physical terms).

Do you recall the reference in the first post to the "containment tube - or cube, [Host] can't remember" (or something like that)? That's the revival system. A fighter awakens in the med bay or elsewhere when they first join the tournament because they are being "stored" in the system, in the cube/tube, before being teleported again to a different starting point. The same applies when you are revived after dying or leaving an arena round.

- This technology takes a lot of power to operate, so if someone sustains only a small injury such as a broken arm, they'd be treated by standard medical means.

That's also why the "medical staff" are there. They do have some degree of medical expertise, yes, but for the most part they operate the revival engines.

- With half of the medical staff dead, things are going to go wrong with the revival process. However, it does not mean outright that everyone who dies in the arena will be permanently dead. (I'd personally like to see some characters who aren't currently in the War Games offer aid to the medical staff... and to determine who lives and who dies, perhaps... :evilgrin:)

I proposed this a few times and I don't recall it ever being confirmed or denied by vote amongst the staff, so I went with it. :lol:

Edited by Chro

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

New profile, one that I was cooking up a looong time ago. Edit: Renamed first ability with a little clarification

Name: Gyro

Species: Autonomous Combat Drone (Prototype)

Power/Weapon 1: Hyper-Kinetic Plating- Gyro is covered with plates on hydraulics, and is able to curl into a ball, where all the plates are positioned and can interlock and form a perfect sphere. The plating absorbs and dissipates all kinetic force directed at it by 'rippling' at the molecular level until the ripples are played out. This only works when in a complete, unbroken sphere, where Gyro can only move by using his own internal gyroscope or by using forces beyond his control, like attacking forces. Gyro can extend and retract plates at will, and is able to use them to quickly roll around, or extend his plasma blasters. This plating offers no resistance whatsoever to energy attacks, which may damage the plating enough to null the protective features of the hyper-kinetic plating. Gyro's sensors are sophisticated enough to not be blind when retracted into sphere mode.

Power/Weapon 2: Plate weaponry- when in humanoid form, Gyro can form the plates on his left arm into a crude buckler useful for deflecting blows, and the plates on his right arm into a short blade formed of two straight, bladed plates.

Power/Weapon 3: Wrist-mounted plasma blasters- On each of Gyro's wrists are a dual-barreled plasma blaster. It is capable of rapid-fire, and can spin to be used in Sphere mode as a pursuit weapon.

Appearance: Gyro is a humanoid combat drone, approximately Toa-sized. Gyro's entire body is covered with plating on two servos that allow it to move the plates independently. His head resembles that of an ant, but lacks mandibles, and is otherwise smooth, and with two plate-servos serving as antennae. He is primarily white and silver, with a bit of blue for his glowing parts, such as his eyes, lights on his limbs and chest. In his chest cavity, there is a spinning gyroscope. When in sphere mode, the sphere is entirely white, with lines that indicate that it is assembled.

Bio: Gyro was a prototype assassin, which utilized an unstable AI. After he was hacked by some of his targets, he gained a crude 'morality' module. He no longer wished to fight for others' commands, but for his own beliefs. He was appointed a covert operative, and hunted down his inventors before they could make more like him.

Personality/Other: Gyro is technically genderless, but prefers male pronouns. He is cold and ruthless, but not without an itch of morality; his awakened AI allows him to evaluate a situation and rely on his own judgement rather than his pre-programmed combat protocols. His synthesized voice is to-the-point, but somewhat soft in its inflections.

Edited by Necrocybermancer
  • Upvote 1

The times, they are a-changing...

Maeus isn't just a few cards short of a full deck. He's missing the deck, the rules, and the table to play on. He so many cards short of a deck that he's looped back around and has a complete set of yahtzee dice.

And that's because Fishers took them all when she died. And the fishing pole.

It's a shame that he doesn't have access to the Arena door controls. Releasing that crazed dragon behind, say, one of the tunnels in Tahtorak's fist would be pure gold at this point. That is, if he really is aiming for chaos and disrupting the tournament.

Edited by fishers64

- When they are teleported out of the arena, a fighter is restored to the state in which they arrived at the facility, using Red Star-style "backup" tech. Basically, it's a reset to your character's profile default (in physical terms).

Hm.... That's what I thought....

And that's because Fishers took them all when she died. And the fishing pole.

It's a shame that he doesn't have access to the Arena door controls. Releasing that crazed dragon behind, say, one of the tunnels in Tahtorak's fist would be pure gold at this point. That is, if he really is aiming for chaos and disrupting the tournament.

Opening the arena doors midround is not something that is going to happen.

I am no longer full staff so this is not the official word. But it's almost definite.

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

IC: Maglev/Blindside, Strike Team, Special Weapons Spawn, Fighting Strike Team A

I heard the dome become put under fire. Quickly I reacted.

"Let's organize! We're under attack! Antiro and Aeolin, use your wind powers to redirect the shrapnel!"

Prose, fully rested, immediately filled me with power to redirect my ice at the incoming foes.

IC: Aeolin/Blindside, Strike Team, Special Weapons Spawn, Fighting Strike Team A

"You're not the lieutenant!"
~I don't believe we have a choice.~

We raised a defensive cyclone wind to collect and whirl shard outward in a fan.

This doesn't really work.

The shots are aimed at the dome from inside the CHME's effective range, and it's not a small target. And unstoppable force is applied. There's nothing to hear except for maybe the split millisecond between when they hit the dome, and when the pain begins. :P

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Can everyone please refrain from posting for a bit? Some of the Blindside players have taken issue with the way the jam post has been constructed - having the entire approach and attack occur without giving us any chance to prepare or respond - and I believe Xaeraz has said he will be attempting to resolve these issues OOC. 

• Upvote 3

Can everyone please refrain from posting for a bit? Some of the Blindside players have taken issue with the way the jam post has been constructed - having the entire approach and attack occur without giving us any chance to prepare or respond - and I believe Xaeraz has said he will be attempting to resolve these issues OOC. 

I second.

And I will edit.

Yeah, it's a good thing no one ever ever does that , ever. I can see why lining up an attack and attacking in the same post is really problematic. Not like we had a good reason, either. It's not like there'd have been a metagame'd reaction to the attack had we done it in a few posts.

It was inexcusable.

Sorry.

• Upvote 4

fK5oqYf.jpg

If I may be so blunt. 

There really isn't any way you could have prepared for this. It's an ambush that no one knew was coming, fired from a location none of them can see, any attempt to prepare in advance is flat out metagaming. The only real reason it's such an effective ambush is because we successfully pooled powers in a way that isn't possible fighting individually. That's the beauty of strategy.

The fact that it's a jam changes nothing, there would have been no way to have reacted to an approach or individual attack posts without it being metagaming.  

Rather than protest that fact, just get creative yourself, there's many ways to take a team with as many heavy hitters as Kopen's work together in very powerful combos. 

Edited by Razgriz
  • Upvote 4

ryuki-kr-miho.jpg