Bionifight Infinite Discussion

Voltex

GM IC: DREISEN - ENGINEERING

"Well, we'll have it ready for you before the War Games, assuming you plan on bringing it it," 

I didn't think I'd have the new profile ready so soon, so I hadn't even thought of this before now. Is it possible for the roster to be changed so that Terry can use his mech in War Games? Or is it too late for that? 

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

GM IC: DREISEN - ENGINEERING

"Well, we'll have it ready for you before the War Games, assuming you plan on bringing it it," 

I didn't think I'd have the new profile ready so soon, so I hadn't even thought of this before now. Is it possible for the roster to be changed so that Terry can use his mech in War Games? Or is it too late for that? 

Too late. It just doesn't make sense IC for Dreisen to not mention the War Games, since he hasn't seen the lists.

Fair enough. 

*grumble* Thanks for giving me false hope.... *grumble*

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Hey Manhunter? It's been four pages since my last Xara post, and there's still been no reply. 

IC: Xara (Tonitrui) - Arena. 

As he moved in close his blade sliced across the upper part of Tonitrui's clawed arm, grinding against the armour. In response, I fired the cannon once more. At near point-blank range, I didn't like his chances of dodging it, even if the shot was slowed....

Considering we discussed this post a few days back, I know you saw it. It's kind of unfair on both myself and the other player involved in this fight to make us wait three days for a response, especially since this is a shorter round. 

Hey Manhunter? It's been four pages since my last Xara post, and there's still been no reply. 

As he moved in close his blade sliced across the upper part of Tonitrui's clawed arm, grinding against the armour. In response, I fired the cannon once more. At near point-blank range, I didn't like his chances of dodging it, even if the shot was slowed....

Considering we discussed this post a few days back, I know you saw it. It's kind of unfair on both myself and the other player involved in this fight to make us wait three days for a response, especially since this is a shorter round. 

Also been waiting. While I have not made a post in the fight, it's mostly because there's not much else to do other than take potshots...which get old after they do absolutely nothing every time.

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Steam name: Ehksidian

Stalling like this has been an issue with every round so far. If this continues, I will begin introducing severe penalties against it. It kills activity in the RPG and is not fair to any of the other players involved in the battle.

Sorry. I have a tendancy to do this; I see the post and think I'll respond later and forget to do it. I shall try to break the habit, but in the meantime will respond.

Kopaka, the coolest(Pun intended) Ko-Toa ever:

Comic_Blizzard_Blade_In_Use.png      

"If the fight had turned, Exann might be the one on the floor with Antidermis spurting out of him. This is how battle is. This is how life is." -Mar'jik, Corpus Rahkshi                                       

Voltex, you can stretch out the fishers interactions if you haven't thought of what's going to happen just yet. 

Sorry that I got you in that bind with the war games coming up. Trying to remain IC with my characters. 

It's fine. Don't expect too much tomorrow, but I'll try to get a bet up on Sunday.

---

I will not be online much at all tomorrow. I should be able to end the round and announce the victor tomorrow night, but I shall be away all day otherwise.

And now, a mech profile for his glory, Vagust Joveo.

Mech name: Discharge

Pilot name: Vagust Joveo

Power/Weapon 1: Elemental lightning control. The mech/power armour has been constructed to allow Vagust to use his lightning powers unimpeded, although it grants no extra strength to the power nor does it weaken it. In rounds where Vagust's own powers are blocked and only his mech/armour and its powers can be used, he is able to continue to use his control over lightning with the mech/armour.

Power/Weapon 2: Telekinesis. The power armour was constructed to allow Vagust the usage of telekinesis, strong enough that he can pick up other fighters with it and attack them that way, or use a sword and other objects telekinetically while using his lightning or his hands and arms as well.

Power/Weapon 3: Thunder's Edge. A sword that was constructed along with the power armour, Thunder's Edge design was specifically made to facilitate its usage alongside the mech. Lightning can be channeled through it with no worry of harming the blade, and it is slightly larger than the average sword, to fit with the slight increase in stature Vagust gets when utilizing his armour. Unlike the staff-sword he uses when out of the armour, Thunder's Edge bears more resemblance to a Katana, with curved blade and hatchet point, and cannot be combined with its saya to make a staff-sword. Constructed of protosteel, it never dulls.

Appearance: The mech is, in actuality, a suit of power armour. It is fully enclosed and gives Vagust a slight increase to his already-great stature, making him just as large as a Skakdi. It is primarily dark red in colour with black and dark grey accents, although on the backs and palms of the gauntlets there are glowing panels, which are the spots where the machinery enabling the telekinetic power is located. The helmet has a mirrored visor that doesn't allow any view of the person within, which takes up a similar amount of space to a pair of ski goggles, although the shape is simply an upside down triangle with the base just above the eyebrows and the point near the bridge of the nose. The mech does have a collar around the neck, attached to the cuirass, to protect the wearer from decapitation, although the collar is open at the front. Thunder's Edge is within a sheathe attached to the back of the power armour.

Other: The power armour is not operated by computers in any way, though it is neurally linked to Vagust, enabling him to utilize its powers in battle. It also does provide a small increase to his protection, being a fully-enclosed suit of body armour. Lastly, he is unable to utilize his normal sword when in the power armour, though he does have it with him - there is enough space within the armour suit to hold his sword when he shifts his baldrick so that it hangs on his back rather than at his waist.

• Upvote 1

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

IC: "Yes, Ma'am but treads?" He gestured at the tablet again, despite her casual not-looking-at-it-ness. "The others I can somewhat accept, weird as they are. Treads isn't even close to an element! And his weapons! 'Daggerang?' 'Bangarang?' What sort of bizarre world do you have to come from for someone to make a note in your file that you're half Tarakava?" He grumbled, sighing something about "insane elements that make no sense," and continued with his report.

"Sorry, Kopen, we have a few more to go through still. Pretty big force here. Bigger than any team I ever joined, I'll tell you that much."

"Captain Miril. Toa. Uses dual cutlasses and a flintlock pistol, and a mask that allows her to split into two. Her pistol is useless in this state because we can't have nice things, and any injuries on one of her will be reflected on the other. Again, nice things aren't allowed, it seems."

"Tenjou. Av-toa. Wears a Kadin and uses a sentient bow who is apparently very snarky. I wonder how well she gets along with a weapon who talks back. I can't imagine I'd do very well in her situation."

"...I'm not sure what to tell you here, Kopen. Maccha Yellow! is listed as "Hero!" but I'm fairly sure he's a toa, just without an element. Apparently, he can create explosions that knock people around without damaging them, does more damage when he names his attacks, and has some kind of ridiculous time-screwery sword. Just as bad as Terrix, in my opinion."

"Izarargi. Skakdi. Elemental resistance cloak, two-handed sword she can use in one hand because she's aparently really big, and the ability to make anything she holds a useful weapon. Might be handy if we have anyone who can actually make things."

"Belitun. Again, no idea what to call her race, but she's got a knife that can cut anything, based on the side she uses. Really not sure how to use that, myself."

"Antiro Vod. Le-toa, Miru, and a...A briefcase? A protosteel briefcase?" He sighed and shook his head. "Seriously, the weapons some people use..."

"Von Worten. You remember her. Ce-toa with a Crast and a book? She picked up the Mind Tome about five minutes ago. Maybe she'll be happy to be with us again!"

"Damaka. Toa of...Fighting Spirit? Apparently he can imbue people with the will to fight, or remove it entirely. Also uses a greatsword, and has a mask that whispers sweet nothings of advice to him. Could be useful with some of our less-skilled fighters, maybe."

"Vegetoa. Av-toa, Kanohi Kadin, and generally a better toa than average in terms of physical attributes. Sounds kind of like a reference to something I'm not sure I know."

"Ravyn. Fe-toaaaaaaagh karz. Another being with metal powers, and here I am." Xaeraz grumbled for a bit before resuming his explanation. "Wears a Volitak and uses something called 'Macheterangs.' I feel like he probably stole them from treadman."

"Xaeraz. Fe-toa who doesn't have his element anymore. Wears the mask of Repair, allowing him to fix organic and inorganic substances, as long as he understands the injury, wields a pair of retractable, ballistic armblades. Wingpack with his own design of propulsion which is silent and produces no heat unless he wants it to. Bears the gem of Sickness, allowing him to be rude to everyone, wields the Rust Cannon, and is generally more handsome than everyone else on the field."

"And finally, Kale Ironshaper, using his power armor, Peerless. Av-toa. Wears a kakama and for Mata Nui's sake are you kidding me? He has elemental iron too?" Xaeraz groaned and slumped in his chair, letting the tablet fall on his chest.

"I really hate having no element. Could you tell?"

IC: Wait. She knew that voice. Riss stumbled back as the Bass Cannons turned off, stumbling back enough to just be grazed by the laser the Puppetmaster had fired at her. She grunted in pain, then moved forward into the rubble of the building she had just knocked over.

"Virse?" she called, Stratoaxer in hand. "Virse, was that you?"

Right concept, wrong character.

They were actually given to him by their universe's version of Veteran (coincidentally, also one of Nato's) sometime before the fall of Obsidian Outpost, and he had them commissioned by both Forger and Xhalia (who escaped her current interaction lock at some point and eventually ended up joining the group as well).

Just figured it was an interesting bit of trivia to share.

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

Right concept, wrong character.

They were actually given to him by their universe's version of Veteran (coincidentally, also one of Nato's) sometime before the fall of Obsidian Outpost, and he had them commissioned by both Forger and Xhalia (who escaped her current interaction lock at some point and eventually ended up joining the group as well).

Haha, really? Somehow, it doesn't surprise me that Veteran was behind it all. 

Yup.

And when Ravyn starts flinging them at Dayeth, you now know who to blame for giving them to him in the first place. :P

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

And we've come full circle. Everything is my fault, one way or another. 

• Upvote 2

For some reason I would think that Kopen would have remembered Prose as he kept shoveling snow on her when they first met....but whatever.

Maybe she would have recognized the weapons, but she's also blind, and was having a lot of snow in her face. Even then, she never heard his name that I recall.

If she did, blame it on Queen's Quest. :P

Name: Fishers

Species: Ko-Matoran

Power/Weapon 1: Resistance to cold. If an ice Toa attacks her, fishers will likely shrug it off, unless completely frozen.

Power/Weapon 2: A fishing pole. With hooks and line. Made of steel, it is suitable for stabbing unarmored areas, tangling up enemies with its hooks, and murdering small aquatic lifeforms. 

Power/Weapon 3: A shotgun. 

Apparance: White body, dark blue Kualsi. 

Bio: fishers has been a humble inhabitant of an old fishing town on the coast of Spherus Magna for some time. The place is fairly bustling with Agori and Matoran traders on a good day - which means plenty of darker elements hanging around, especially for the young female Agori of the town. Plenty of said darker elements have received their end at the hands of the old fisherwoman's shotgun, however, making the vigilante somewhat of a mama-bear legend. 

The only thing she can conclude was the Bionifight organizers figured out about her secret life. But how, she has no idea. 

Personality/Other: Like any crazy fisherwoman, fishers will always be happy to tell you a good story. Or tell you the probability of the fish biting that day. Or comment on the local weather. Or just to waste time talking.

I would like to note that this profile does not say anything about the character being "unkillable", nor does it mention anything of her losing limbs and being totally fine with it??

I mean I understand she has this whole "secret life" and all, but I would think losing your limbs and having them ground up in front of you would be a sufficiently important event to note down in your profile maybe.

• Upvote 1

Name: Fishers

Species: Ko-Matoran

Power/Weapon 1: Resistance to cold. If an ice Toa attacks her, fishers will likely shrug it off, unless completely frozen.

Power/Weapon 2: A fishing pole. With hooks and line. Made of steel, it is suitable for stabbing unarmored areas, tangling up enemies with its hooks, and murdering small aquatic lifeforms. 

Power/Weapon 3: A shotgun. 

Apparance: White body, dark blue Kualsi. 

Bio: fishers has been a humble inhabitant of an old fishing town on the coast of Spherus Magna for some time. The place is fairly bustling with Agori and Matoran traders on a good day - which means plenty of darker elements hanging around, especially for the young female Agori of the town. Plenty of said darker elements have received their end at the hands of the old fisherwoman's shotgun, however, making the vigilante somewhat of a mama-bear legend. 

The only thing she can conclude was the Bionifight organizers figured out about her secret life. But how, she has no idea. 

Personality/Other: Like any crazy fisherwoman, fishers will always be happy to tell you a good story. Or tell you the probability of the fish biting that day. Or comment on the local weather. Or just to waste time talking.

I would like to note that this profile does not say anything about the character being "unkillable", nor does it mention anything of her losing limbs and being totally fine with it??

I mean I understand she has this whole "secret life" and all, but I would think losing your limbs and having them ground up in front of you would be a sufficiently important event to note down in your profile maybe.

Ah, very good. fishers is a beautifully insane storyteller, and a very good liar. As noted in her profile, she is insane, as denoted by "Like any crazy fisherwoman, fishers will always be happy to tell you a good story." You've never heard of the trope of the fisherman telling whoppers?

IC fishers doesn't know what Maeus knows, and she'll be quite happy to string him right along just to find out what he has planned. 

Very well. I am glad to have gained a further understanding of her character.

I'm sure it will come back to haunt her later. fishers is no Ismekne. 

Incidentally fishers can get so lost in the thrall of her new story that she actually believes it in order to act it out. That's why Kalatin doesn't know she's bluffing. The Queen, especially with the aid of the Mind Gem, would likely see right through any of her wild tales in short order though. 

Mech!

Mech Name : MACCHA GEAR REX

Pilot Name : Maccha Yellow!

Power/Weapon 1 : Super Durability! Rex is ridiculously tough, having defeated building sized baddies by the dozen with nary a scratch to it's paint job! Exact data is hard to manage, but recorded feats include surviving a lava diving trip, protecting his pilot from the mental assault of Tren Krom [note: CGI], shrugging off the assault of a Heavy Laser class BETA and catching the bone-sword of Nyarlathotep betwixt it's teeth!

Power/Weapon 2 : Predatory Design! Being an ancient, muscular and fearsome theropod, Rex is incredibly strong and possesses a mighty set of claws

Power/Weapon 3 : Emergency Situation Operation Mode : Berserk. When it's pilot is in sufficient danger, the beast within Rex awakens. The closed and seemingly faux jaws screech as metal plating is torn open to reveal a steaming, gaping maw, from which escape terrifying bellows and the ear piercing skreigh of great and unstoppable physical violence. Muscles bulge beneath metal straining and bending restraints and any semblance of the hero's control over this ancient beast is lost. Strength and speed are increased at the cost of higher thought, tactics and strategy. Recovery from this form is quite difficult, requiring a titanic effort from the pilot. Out of the five episodes in which Rex has gone berserk, only once has it been quelled without sedatives or further violence, and this was after it had quite gruesomely consumed it's seraphic foe

Appearance : Rex resembles it's namesake, appearing as a gigantic and anthropomorphized tyrannosaurus rex, meaning it has a more upright, bipedal posture, longer and more functional arms and tail and beefier upper body. The paint job is deep gold and violet , resembling nothing much more so than the explosions and smoke generated by it's pilot's attacks. The overall design is smooth and sleek, it's face composed of smooth metal, with a jaw evident only via stylized teeth present in the paint job. The eyes gleam an even deeper shade of gold during normal operation

Other : Sensors connect the pilot's aural senses, giving them a shared sense of sight, hearing, smell, touch balance and, the occasional and greatly distressing, sense of taste

• Upvote 3

...but close to it

Mobile post, but please tell me that there was an episode where Maccha Gear Rex beat a newer, more powerful version of itself called Maccha Gear Ray.

• Upvote 4

All are not the same

But three shall be as one

Freedom in the flame

The end has just begun

Maccha Gear Rex versus Steampunk Clockodile 2.0 when? 

The entire thing is a mix of a dozen different references, pretty sure that Evangelion is one of them.

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

(archiving first post of the RPG here for ease of reference)

"Joining Bionifight has been scientifically proven to increase one's lifespan by 60 years." - Voltex

gallery_96949_76_177373.jpg

GAME TOPIC - DISCUSSION TOPIC

INTRODUCTION

Hello there! Welcome to Bionifight!

Ah, Bionifight. Some of you will know what that word means - whether through word of mouth or via your own experiences. Some of you must wonder what exactly I am jibbering on about in this little letter. Or perhaps you are wondering why you were snatched out of your universe and reappeared inside a containment cube.

Or was it a tube? I can never remember.

So! Bionifight - it is a legendary tournament that has been hosted many times over the past several thousand years. My team and I gather those we deem to be some of the greatest fighters from a variety of universes, plunk you all down in an arena together, and have you battle each other for weeks. At the end, the winner usually earns both eternal bragging rights and whatever mysterious treasure we discover at the location.

In the past, we have summoned a wide variety of species - everything from Matoran to Muaka to Skakdi… I do believe we even had a mutated Takea Shark once. The whole idea behind Bionifight was that a Matoran could theoretically take on a Makuta and beat them. Do take care to be SMART about who you decide to duel, however.

So! While we think over our plans and figure out how we shall balance things properly in the future… we have decided to stick to our usual limits… which is to say that there are none. But please, do take care not to commit suicide through stupidity.

Once more, I say welcome! I dare say that I shall speak to most of you eventually. Take care to speak with the Queen, as she hates to be ignored - and do also take care not to do anything that might make a conversation with our Enforcer necessary.

Until the first round begins,

-The Host

---

Welcome to Bionifight - you have been selected for the latest iteration of a tournament that has been running for thousands of years… well, “selected” puts it lightly. You have all been ripped out of your lives without consent, signed up for this tournament against your will. For some of you, this is the first time that it has ever happened. For others… not so much.

For some of you, winning the tournament might become your top priority - after all, surely victory would end the tournament and allow for all of you to be sent home, back to your old lives?

For others, you might have no interest in winning the tournament. You would not even compete if you were not forced to - what you are interested in is everything else. Why are you here? Where is here? There must be another way back home, or some way that you can escape the facility.

For others still, you may want the best of both worlds. After all, who is to say that you cannot win the tournament and escape at the same time?

HOW ROUNDS WORK

Fights are, technically, mandatory - after all, you were not summoned to Bionifight to socialize on the sidelines. Rounds shall operate on a flexible time structure; whenever a new round of battle is announced, fighters will have 24 hours until the match begins. Rounds will then last until the second Saturday after the initial announcement, unless otherwise stated. All times given are NA EST. Fighters may decide not to participate in a match, although it will cost them a life (SEE INFINITE SYSTEM BELOW).

When there is not a fighting round occurring, fighters are free to explore the facilities or do whatever they wish until the next announcement occurs.

As a tournament, there are also points to be earned in Bionifight; winning a round will gain a fighter an extra life. Fighters may be rewarded by the Organizers for their progress in the tournament or for their actions outside of the arena. These rewards could vary from receiving an extra life to even being granted control over an Infinity Gem.

THE INFINITE SYSTEM

In order to make sure that fighters participate the arena battles, the Organizers have developed the “Infinite System” - a failsafe device implanted into every single fighter. All fighters start out the tournament with seven “lives”; these lives can be lost by breaking the rules, or by deciding to skip a battle. Once a fighter has lost all of their lives, the Infinite System will activate and kill them instantly; the cause of death is unique to each fighter.

Likewise, fighters can also gain lives; winning a round will earn a fighter one life, and fighters may be rewarded with extra lives for other tasks as well (SEE INFINITE GEMS BELOW).

INFINITE GEMS

The location of every Bionifight tournament is determined based on whether there are any legendary or powerful objects in the area.

The location of this tournament was selected due to the mysterious “Infinite Gems” that are hidden within the tunnels stretching away from the facility; nobody exactly knows where or how to find them - or what obstacles one might face. Rumor has it that the Organizers have a few in their possession already.

From the few scripts in the library on the subject that have been translated into modern tongue, it is believed that there are eight Infinite Gems more powerful than any of the others; unfortunately, the translated scripts offer no hints as to what powers these more powerful Gems might bestow upon the user. However, the scripts do specifically reference weaker gems; gems that bestow upon the user complete control over elements such as fire and ice, or grant the user increased attributes such as strength and speed.

Should a fighter discover an Infinite Gem, they can bring it back to the Bionifight facility and hand it over to the Organizers - every Infinite Gem recovered shall earn the fighter five lives, allowing the fighter some breathing room.

There are also whispers of something else - something more powerful than the Infinite Gems. However, the Organizers have found nothing substantial to prove the existence of such a thing… which is not to say that the search has stopped by any means.

THE BIONIFIGHT FACILITY

gallery_96949_76_258256.jpg

Where is the Bionifight tournament held? Where is the facility located? Those are good questions, ones that you shall have to answer for yourselves. All the Organizers have shared is that the entire facility is located underground.

The main portion of the facility is rather enigmatic. What is known is that it has four entrances into the rather rectangular arena, one on each wall. Between the arena and the rest of the facility, there are expansive locker rooms, including medical areas, and emergency resting areas. Directly above the arena, there is a small circular control room, where the Enforcer monitors the entire facility. Typically, they only focus on the arena; however, when needed, the Enforcer can know what is happening in the rest of the facility. The location of the offices of the Host and the Queen seem to change within the blink of an eye. Their offices can only be found if their occupants want them to be found.

There are is a single hallway that loops around the outside of the arena, connecting the whole facility together. There are four stairways up to the upper floor equally spaced in gaps between the four locker rooms. Tunnels also appear intermittently, much like the offices of the Host and Queen, spread out across the hallway. According to the Host and the Queen, it might be in these tunnels that one might locate the mystical Infinity Gems.

On the upper floor, there are a total of four sectors which surround the control room - the Knowledge Sector to the north, the Training Sector to the east, the Commercial Sector to the south, and the Comfort Sector to the west. Of these four, only the Knowledge Sector and Commercial Sector are entirely open to spectators, although they may also make use of half the Comfort Sector.

The Knowledge Sector is a massive library, providing information on previous tournaments and, although it might be difficult to find, information regarding the lore of the Infinite Gems. The Training Sector houses sparring areas for fighters to train for future fights. The Commercial Sector contains a food court, as well as various concession stands selling Bionifight merchandise. The Comfort Sector is where the fighters and spectators live; one half of the Comfort Sector is blocked off to spectators, providing fighters with private rooms to sleep, lounge, and interact; the other half is open to everyone, providing residence for the spectators for the duration of the tournament.

There are a total of four large doors in each sector; one to the hallway, two to the adjacent sectors, and one to the control room. However, the control room’s doors are seemingly perpetually locked, and the doors to the Training sector and the fighter-only half of the Comfort Sector will only react to the fighters themselves.

There is also a brand new basement level - the Engineering Sector. More information will be released on the Engineering Sector in the future, although rumor has it that fighters will not be allowed into this area unless given special access codes.

ARENA VARIANTS

The arena has several possible configurations available for each round, not including its default state. As the tournament progresses, additional arena variants shall be added as the Organizers deem them necessary.

1 - Great Furnace: Based upon an expansive industrial smeltery from another dimension, the Great Furnace is a treacherous combat zone rife with jets of fire, streams of molten metal, and the occasional angry telepathic plant monster.

2 - Mount Ihu: Based upon a frigid mountain at the center of an otherwise tropical island, Mount Ihu is the antithesis of the Great Furnace. Blinding storms of snow and hail are frequent; wild Rahi and slippery slopes also pose a threat.

3 - Mahri-Nui: Based upon an underwater city contained within a giant bubble, Mahri-Nui is an ordinary city battleground… although if a fighter manages to destroy the bubble, the flood of water that follows will incapacitate every fighter for several seconds, as well as unleash any predators that might have been swimming around outside the city.

4 - Pirate Ship: Based upon a pirate ship at sea - go figure. The ship provides the only solid ground to battle upon, and predators lurk in the seas surrounding the ship.

5 - Temple of Time: Based upon the most sacred place on a mystical island, the Temple of Time holds new challenges and threats each time it is used, making it the most unpredictable of the arena variants.

6 - Devastation: Based upon the war-torn ruins of a small town in the middle of a desert, where lightning storms are a frequent hazard. Wreckage can be used to take cover, although fighters must be aware of possible buried mines.

7 - Coliseum: With this configuration, the Bionifight arena remains unchanged, allowing fighters to battle within its standard setup. The arena is simply a large, flat metallic floor with rows of audience seats rising up along the sides.

8 - The Storm: This arena is set high in the sky. All fighters are armed with rocket boots and gauntlets, so that they may propel themselves through the air; however, if these break, fighters might find themselves plunging straight into a KO. Within the clouds it often hails or rains, and lightning is a constant hazard.

9 - Dark Carnival: A long abandoned carnival. Within the center of the carnival, a ferris wheel stands above the rest of the rides and tents. There are a variety of games, tents, and rides for fighters to battle on or in.

10 - Treasure Hoard: A large cave that is lit by floating, flickering lights along the walls. A large pile of hoarded gold lies within the center of the chamber, although fighters must be wary of sharp jewels hidden within that could slice through their feet. There are numerous stone columns throughout the chamber, as well as three open vaults, all with treasure spilling out of them.

GAME TYPES

There are currently four different game types available for the Bionifight tournament. As the tournament progresses, additional game types shall be added as the Organizers deem them necessary.

1 - Free For All: This is the standard brawl; every fighter is pitted against the others, and the last one standing at the end of the round wins. If more than one fighter is still in the arena at the end of the round, the one with the most knockouts shall be announced as the victor.

2 - Team Battle: This game type functions similarly to Free For All, except that the fighters are divided into even teams. An MVP shall be selected from the winning team.

3 - Tag Team: Each fighter is paired with another to work alongside for the round. The final tag team standing wins. If more than one tag team is still in the arena at the end of the round, the tag team with the most knockouts shall be announced as the victors.

4 - Horde Mode: The fighters must battle against an endless horde of mindless drones operated by the Host and the Queen. The drones will all have a specific power set determined at the start of the round. The fighter still standing at the end of the round that destroys the most drones shall win.

5 - Mech FFA: Only fighters who have been granted a mech by the Bionifight Organizers are eligible for rounds with this game type. In this round, fighters are able to use all of the weapons and powers they normally have access to, as well as the weapons and powers of their mech.

6 - Capture the Flag: A maximum of 26 fighters can participate in this mode; it is set up on a first come, first serve basis. One team’s objective is to defend their base and intelligence (which is in the form of a glowing green briefcase) for the entire round. The other team’s goal is to successfully attack and infiltrate the base, steal the intel, and return it to the drop off point - an indestructible glowing white cube that is three feet tall.

7 - Hide and Kill: In this game type, six fighters are designated as the “Seekers”, while the rest of the combatants must hide. The Seekers must find and then KO the rest of the fighters; if a Seeker is KO’d, the fighter that KO’d them takes their place as a new Seeker. If all hiding fighters are eliminated, the Seeker with the most KOs will win; if any active hiding fighters remain alive at the end of the round, the hider with the most KOs shall be named the victor.

8 - Naval Battle: All fighters are split into six teams, each with three ships to their name. The objective is to eliminate the other five teams, whether it is through destroying the enemy ships or by capturing them and knocking out the original crews. Each ship is armed with three cannons on each side, two in the bow, and two in the stern. Fighters also have their usual array of weaponry and powers to use.

9 - King of the Hill: In this game type, players are assigned to two teams. Both teams battle over a single control point within the arena with the objective of being in command of the control point when the round ends.

AND INTRODUCING

THE WAR GAMES (CLICK LINK)

To join the RPG, fill out a profile for your character and have one of the staff (Voltex, Blade, or Chro) approve it. We are not necessarily approving all canon elements or powers… but we’re also not going to limit you to them either.

FIGHTER PROFILE

Name: [Character’s name]

Species: [Character’s species or race]

Power/Weapon 1: [A power, elemental or otherwise - or a weapon/tool]

Power/Weapon 2: [Another power or weapon/tool]

Power/Weapon 3: [Another power or weapon/tool]

Appearance: [What does your character look like?]

Bio: [Your character’s history; who are they? What did they do with their life before Bionifight?]

Personality/Other: [Gender? Is there any other information that is useful to know?]

MECH PROFILE

The Organizers have decided to provide an additional award for good behaviour! Any fighters who have behaved themselves may, if they so choose, apply to have the Bionifight engineers build them a mech. However, there is a cost: any fighter who wishes to have a mech must pay three lives. In addition, while operating a mech, fighters will not have access to their usual powers - this has been done by the Organizers to maintain something resembling balance in the arena. Powers granted by Infinite Gems do not count here.

Note: Any modifications made to Mech profiles after they have been approved will cost 2 lives.

Mech Name: [What the Mech is called]

Pilot Name: [Which character pilots the mech?]

Power/Weapon 1: [A power, elemental or otherwise - or a weapon/tool]

Power/Weapon 2: [Another power or weapon/tool]

Power/Weapon 3: [Another power or weapon/tool]

Appearance: [What does your mech look like? What is it made of?]

Other: [is there any other information that is useful to know?]

*Note: Powers such as iron and magnetism are weaker against mechs

THE BIONIFIGHT ORGANIZERS (STAFF CHARACTERS)

Character Name: The Host

Species: Unknown

Power/Weapon 1: Teleportation of himself and others.

Power/Weapon 2: Telekinesis, including levitation by telekinetically lifting himself.

Power/Weapon 3: Mimicry. The Host can copy one other power at any point; in order to copy a new power, he must lose the old one.

Appearance: Physically imposing, standing above most fighters, the Host is clad in regal red and gold over black. He wears a dark decorative cloak, with a hood that hides his face, but does not muffle his booming voice.

Bio: The Host is one of the final survivors of an ancient race, destroyed mysteriously eons ago. Alongside the Queen, he travelled through several universes, until at some point the pair created Bionifight. The Host decided to work as the face of the organization.

Personality/Other: The Host is externally jovial and grandiose, with a kind and accessible personality. Sometimes he strolls through the common areas outside the arena interacting warmly with the fighters. Considering his place working as the figurehead of a fighting tournament, this happiness is clearly a facade, but not one that the Host has ever let slip in the vicinity of a fighter. The Host has a deep appreciation for his cloak.

Character Name: The Queen

Power/Weapon 1: A golden trident that can be summoned back to the user.

Power/Weapon 2: Elemental Control over Psionics

Power/Weapon 3: Accuracy - this power is always active at a low level, giving the Queen slightly better accuracy than most beings; however, when focused upon, it becomes impossible for her to miss her target.

Appearance: Like the Host, the Queen stands taller than most fighters. Her armor is a mixture of light blue and gold, with silver and gunmetal accents. She carries a lightweight golden trident, and her armor often shimmers, giving her the appearance of being underwater.

Bio: Along with the Host, the Queen is one of the only two surviving members of her species, of which every other member was killed in an unknown incident thousands of years ago. The Queen travelled through several universes alongside the Host, eventually creating the Bionifight tournaments.

Personality/Other: The Queen often seems either cold or withdrawn, although she has been known to be both calm and welcoming to fighters who treat her respectfully. On occasion, she has also been known to help fighters break the rules without being caught by the Host.

Character Name: The Enforcer

Power/Weapon 1: The Enforcer has a sword that can shift into a bow mechanically. The bow’s string is stored within the hilt when not in use. The middle of the blade has a hole on either side, which is used in Bow mode to feed the string through. After conversion, the blades are covered by metal up until the hole, so that the wielder can’t accidentally cut themselves.

Power/Weapon 2: Power Cancellation

Power/Weapon 3: Prison Constructs - the Enforcer can create the perfect physical prison for an opponent; these prisons will counter any powers that the opponents try to use.

Appearance: The Enforcer has a gold coloured mask that seems to change every time they appear. They have forest green armour, and a icy-white chestplate. Stands seven feet tall like the Host and the Queen, although the Enforcer is a different species. They have an intricately patterned sheath on their back, which they use to hold their sword when it’s not in use.

Bio: They were found during one of the earliest Bionifight tournaments and immediately hired; their power cancellation ability is often used to keep fighters in check.

Personality/Other: Very little is known about the Enforcer, other than their abilities and that they were once a contestant in the tournament.

RULES

1. BZP rules apply, of course

2. No god-modding (avoiding/dodging/countering all attacks, never taking damage, dealing insane hits, etc.)

3. Do not control other player characters without their permission

4. Use the tag “IC” when posting in character, and “OOC” when speaking out of character.

5. Keep things fair - it doesn’t matter what your powers are. If the Hosts believe that you are not following this, the harsh judgement of the Organizers shall upon you (with a handy explanation of what you have done wrong).

5. Have fun or you shall be fed to Xaeraz. This is always the fifth rule, even if it’s not.

• Upvote 3

And Ravyn knows absolutely none of this since he skipped out after the first few sentences of The Host's recording.

He's sure going to be in one heck of a surprise later on...

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

Out of curiosity, if Feraz finds the Host, what are the odds he'll be allowed to connect FIDAT to the system?

Kopaka, the coolest(Pun intended) Ko-Toa ever:

Comic_Blizzard_Blade_In_Use.png      

"If the fight had turned, Exann might be the one on the floor with Antidermis spurting out of him. This is how battle is. This is how life is." -Mar'jik, Corpus Rahkshi                                       

Character Name: Elly

Species: Unknown

Power/Weapon 1: Elly has a new sword, thanks to recent developments. It is a mysterious ruby-red blade which appears to be imbued with an electric blue energy, lines of which flow through out the blade. A simple handle leads up to a large, hollow circular hilt, with the edge of the blade starting on one side and curving around the circle to go upwards and from the majority of the blade before curving off in a quarter-turn at the tip. The entire weapon seems fairly mechanical and otherworldly, very unlike most standard swords. It seems to have some mysterious properties to it, and cannot cut any organic material. In exchange, it seems to be able to cut through metal with more ease.

Power/Weapon 2: Power Cancellation

Power/Weapon 3: Prison Constructs - Elly can create the perfect physical prison for an opponent; these prisons will counter any powers that the opponents try to use.

Appearance: Elly has a dark green helmet with golden outlines, shaped like a Great Hau from Metru Nui. She has dark blue armour with a dark grey skin-tight suit, and a forest green chestplate. Elly doesn't have a specified height, however, she seems to be taller than the other contestants, though not quite as tall as when wearing her other armour. She has an intricately patterned sheath on her back, which she uses to hold her sword when it’s not in use.

Bio: Elly was found during one of the earliest Bionifight tournaments and immediately hired; her power cancellation ability is often used to keep fighters in check. She was once from a village in an odd dimension, and one of the best fighters there. However, she had to be given an assumed title initially, so that she could be taken seriously. However, as time went on, she took the title willingly, since people learned she was to be respected, and it was a very good showing of what job she had, once she got brought on officially.

Personality/Other: Very little was known about Elly, other than her abilities and that she was once a contestant in the tournament. She seems to be pretty secretive when not participating in the tournament officially. The databases don't seem to have much info on her even still, however.

oops, i did a thing.

Thanks Zakaro, for the description of the weapon~

Note: if Urashimako gets approved, he will not be participating in War Games.

Name: Soga Urashimako

Species: Datsue (BZPRPG Ce-Turaga)

Power/Weapon 1: Limited Elemental Psionics. Unlike the Turaga of Mata Nui, Datsue retain Toa-level control of Psionics when they pass into the final stage of their life (normally they lose their ability to use Kanohi in exchange, but Urashimako was able to restore his mask using technology from another universe). As such, Urashimako possesses Toa-level telepathy, telekinesis, and the ability to create illusions capable of fooling the eyes.

Power/Weapon 2: Alternating Masks. Due to a system similar to Suva technology, Urashimako is able to switch between these two masks almost at will, with one being stored in a pocket dimension while the other is active. He cannot use both at the same time, however.

The two Masks are:

• Protector Mask of Water (modified). A mask identical to the one worn by the Protector of Water, modified to be compatible with G1 Matoran/Toa/Turaga. Offers limited control over Elemental Water (stronger than Turaga level, but not Toa level)
  • Mask of Pathfinder. Gives the user a sense of what route to take to reach a destination, provided that destination is "common knowledge", defined here as not a secret known only to a few beings, and the user must have a sense of the destination though they need not know it in and out. They are sort of the equivalent of GPS.

-credit to Bonesiii for the creation of this mask

Power/Weapon 3: Soulsword discipline. Urashimako is able to summon a Tsurugi-like blade formed from Psionic energy (think a Psionic Lightsaber). This psionic weapon eats up Urashimako's mental focus, however; he cannot use either of his masks with it drawn.

Appearance: MOC here (with Protector Mask equipped).

Bio: in times long past, before the days of the Empire, the island chain of Kentoku was the setting for an endless conflict between powerful warlords. Urashimako was one of these warlords, controlling one of Kentoku's oldest clans. Famous for his vast collection of mysterious artifacts, he was viewed with respect and fear by those of his opponents with more... Artistic tastes. During this time, Urashimako saved a strange being named Otohime from the army of a rival warlord. Said being later mysteriously disappeared, but not before leaving behind a note telling of a land called Aethion.

Eventually the times changed, and the Turaga of the Archipelago staged a coup. Warlords fell like stalks of wheat in the field being harvested, as the elders were able to convince the subordinates of the Warlords to rebel against their rulers. Urashimako, desperate to avoid a similar fate, used one of his most valuable treasures, a Kanohi Olmak, to flee the land.

Due to his lack of experience or knowledge of interdimensional travel, however, things went wrong very quickly, and after spending some "time" in the Void, he ended up being "copied into" a collection of universes known as Aethion, the same Aethion that Otohime had spoken of. After getting his bearings, Urashimako was able to settle into the city of BZ-Koro on Alarist. Keeping his Kanohi Olmak a secret, he was able to integrate with the culture of the world to a degree. Eventually, he reunited with Otohime and settled down with her for a time. But Urashimako's heart still yearned for Kentoku and using the power of the Olmak, he departed Aethion, sailing for home.

When Urashimako returned to Kentoku, however, a vast amount of time had passed. The Umbraline dynasty had firmly entrenched itself as the ruling power on the island chain, and all of the people he knew in his life were either long dead or on the brink of death. Urashimako was eventually forced to admit that there was nothing left for him here, and after a dangerous altercation with the Imperial Guard, he used the Olmak once more, never looking back.

Thus began Urashimako's wanderings throughout the Multiverse, the Olmak taking him to a multitude of strange universes, each different than the rest. History began to blur for Urashimako, for when one travels through different universes at such a high rate, each with their own calendar and passage of the years, time begins to lose its meaning. Occasionally he would return to Alarist, but most of his travels would take him to places he had never seen before. He even bore witness to several iterations of the Bionifight tournament. At some point in his journey, he passed from Dasaka to Datsue, giving up his Toa Energy for a cause he can no longer remember.

Overuse of the Olmak would eventually catch up with him, and at some point in time, it finally shattered, leaving Urashimako stranded on the island of Okoto. At first mistaken for one of the prophesied Toa, Urashimako was eventually able to dispel the misunderstanding and integrate himself into the Islanders' society, like he had done countless times before. Aiding in defending the villages against the Skull Spiders, he became something of a hero to the Islanders, eventually being rewarded with one of the empowered masks forged by Ekimu long ago.

It was at this point that he was brought to Bionifight not as a spectator, but as a fighter.

Personality/Other: if there was anybody who could plausibly claim that they had "seen it all", it is Urashimako. Having traveled through countless universes, he has seen several lifetime's worth of marvels; as such, there is little that surprises him anymore. This also means that he has an almost encyclopedic knowledge of the Multiverse's inhabitants, with no species being foreign to him (though he may need his memory jogged from time to time). He has a tendency to daydream a lot, reminiscing on times long gone by; this also applies to many of his nighttime dreams. Age and experience has turned him into a calm, collected, and understanding individual; he will rarely lash out in anger no matter how justified he may be to do so.

Urashimako approved.

Has anyone else been missed?

Character gifted by Xaeraz! Now with changes to physics!

Name: "Astra"

Species: Ko-Toa

Power/Weapon 1: Elemental Control over Ice

Power/Weapon 2: Kanohi Volitak, the Mask of Stealth

Power/Weapon 3: Sneak Attack. Based on how aware someone is of Astra, her attacks can gain significant increases in power. In a straight up fight, Astra is fairly weak, but as soon as she activates her mask, her attacks are twice as strong. Maximum strength comes when she attacks from behind using a dagger-like weapon while using her mask on a completely oblivious target, allowing her to hit with 2 times the force of a Pakari-enhanced blow.

Appearance: Unusually for a Ko-Toa, the only white in Astra's armour is her eyes, and the palm of her right hand. The rest of her body is clad in lightweight black armour, accentuated by red on her shins, lower arms, shoulders, and waist. Her Volitak takes the shape of a black Great Mahiki with the divider between eyeholes removed, and the resulting eye slit filled with a black mesh.

The "grill" of the mask is a dark red, contrasting with the black of the rest of the mask and making it look like Astra is covering her mouth. She possesses a lean build, enabling her to slip into and out of narrow spots to evade oursuit and pursue alternative routes to reach her targets.

Bio: Astra is the greatest assassin from Odina, an island populated by two kinds of people: Assassins and targets. Nobody knows anything about her life before she became an assassin, not even her real name. She can only be contracted through an ancient and forbidden ritual involving a living sacrifice on the summoner's part, but once a contract is formed, she will never fail to kill her target...

Personality/Other: Astra is detached and amoral, valuing her payment over another being's life. She can affect any personality she pleases, take any role, become anyone she needs to in order to kill her mark, but at the end of the day, money is Astra's bottom line. And anyone who stands between her and her payment is going to wake up one day with their throat slit and their home burning around them.

----

Now with less boom power. =P

• Upvote 1

Name: Agraney (uh GRAH nay)

Species: Nocturn’s species

Powers/Weapon 1: Regenerating Limbs. When Agraney’s arms or legs are removed, he can regrow them, thought it takes some time before they regenerate fully. Time for regrowth depends on where the limb is removed, how long it’s been since that limb was last removed, and how many limbs have been removed since he set foot in the arena.

Power/Weapon 2: Physical Powerhouse. In canon, Nocturn broke his island in half with a well-placed blow, making him probably the strongest character ever seen. Agraney is nowhere near as strong as Nocturn, but he is able to go hand and hand to hand with someone using a Pakari due to his species’ brute might.

Power/Weapon 3: The Right To Bear Arms. When Agraney has a limb removed, it will slowly transform into a randomly determined weapon, based on where the limb was removed, be it near the wrist, elbow, or shoulder. Numbered lists are included here: http://freetexthost.com/nhjva1fyfk

Appearance: Agraney looks similar to Nocturn, but with a more tamed color scheme. Though he retains the bioluminescent blue of Nocturn, he is a dark gray where Nocturn is bright green, with harsh, golden eyes and vicious clawed hands. Also notably, the armor that Agraney wears is heavier than Nocturn’s, making him even slower than the mighty brute.

Bio: Agraney hails from a universe where Nocturn’s temper tantrum went wrong, and broke not only their island, but the entire GSR. In the chaos that followed the sundering of the matoran universe, leaders emerged, including Agraney. A tribe of bandits of various species sprung up around the previously-unknown warrior with a gift for leading, including Skakdi, Toa, and Vortixx. Their tribe has lasted since the cataclysmic destruction of the robot, but Agraney worries they may collapse now that he has been taken away from his home.

Personality/Other: Agraney is thuggish and plain spoken, preferring simple words and direct speech to metaphors and loquaciousness. He is by no means the brightest competitor in Bionifight, but he is regarded as a savant among his people for his ability to formulate plans that go beyond “SMASH WALL KILL MENS.” Though he manages to remain humble, Agraney is uncomfortable taking orders from people, and prefers to be in charge when possible.

• Upvote 4

All are not the same

But three shall be as one

Freedom in the flame

The end has just begun

Name: Agraney (uh GRAH nay)

Species: Nocturn’s species

Powers/Weapon 1: Regenerating Limbs. When Agraney’s arms or legs are removed, he can regrow them, thought it takes some time before they regenerate fully. Time for regrowth depends on where the limb is removed, how long it’s been since that limb was last removed, and how many limbs have been removed since he set foot in the arena.

Power/Weapon 2: Physical Powerhouse. In canon, Nocturn broke his island in half with a well-placed blow, making him probably the strongest character ever seen. Agraney is nowhere near as strong as Nocturn, but he is able to go hand and hand to hand with someone using a Pakari due to his species’ brute might.

Power/Weapon 3: The Right To Bear Arms. When Agraney has a limb removed, it will slowly transform into a randomly determined weapon, based on where the limb was removed, be it near the wrist, elbow, or shoulder. Numbered lists are included here: http://freetexthost.com/nhjva1fyfk

Appearance: Agraney looks similar to Nocturn, but with a more tamed color scheme. Though he retains the bioluminescent blue of Nocturn, he is a dark gray where Nocturn is bright green, with harsh, golden eyes and vicious clawed hands. Also notably, the armor that Agraney wears is heavier than Nocturn’s, making him even slower than the mighty brute.

Bio: Agraney hails from a universe where Nocturn’s temper tantrum went wrong, and broke not only their island, but the entire GSR. In the chaos that followed the sundering of the matoran universe, leaders emerged, including Agraney. A tribe of bandits of various species sprung up around the previously-unknown warrior with a gift for leading, including Skakdi, Toa, and Vortixx. Their tribe has lasted since the cataclysmic destruction of the robot, but Agraney worries they may collapse now that he has been taken away from his home.

Personality/Other: Agraney is thuggish and plain spoken, preferring simple words and direct speech to metaphors and loquaciousness. He is by no means the brightest competitor in Bionifight, but he is regarded as a savant among his people for his ability to formulate plans that go beyond “SMASH WALL KILL MENS.” Though he manages to remain humble, Agraney is uncomfortable taking orders from people, and prefers to be in charge when possible.

NUBB- I MEAN, ahem, Agraney approved!

Edited by An/A Blade