Bionifight Infinite Discussion

Voltex

Two prisoners, two cultists. I think this fulfills my quota of new profiles for Landfall.

Name: Xara.

Species: Rahkshi. 

Faction: Prisoner. 

Power/Weapon 1: Rahkshi Electricity (Shadow Kraata Level). 

Power/Weapon 2: Camera drone – constantly recording, this small, armour-plated hovering device is wirelessly linked to Xara’s brain, allowing her to see what it sees. It possesses thermal imagining and night vision capabilities, but only has a limited range, losing signal if it travels more than a few dozen bio away from Xara.  

Power/Weapon 3: A protosteel staff – approximately 2 metres long, it collapses down to be half that size.

Appearance: Her smooth, streamlined armour is the standard white and blue of an electricity rahk. Her spines are a gleaming silver, and her eyes are violet.

Bio: A top graduate of Makuta Tridax’s “Corpus Rahkshi: Academy of Journalism”, Xara had always been an avid viewer of the Bionifight tournament (which definitely didn’t have anything to do with an alternate version of herself being a contestant). When the tournament abruptly went off the air, she saw the opportunity to find the scoop of the century, and set off to find out what had happened.

Over her two week search, she must’ve spoken to the wrong person – or maybe the right one – because after falling asleep one night, she awoke in a cell in the Muaka’s Den, now a prisoner of the Vapautti Sielu. But her camera is still rolling… perhaps she’ll be able to get her story after all…

Personality/Other: Open, friendly and encouraging, Xara is determined and ambitious, always on the lookout for the next big scoop. Well versed in journalistic techniques and self-defence, she is also a technical wiz, uncannily skilled at modifying, dissembling, reverse-engineering and jury-rigging all kinds of complex equipment.  

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Teaser

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC Selox:

Selox's buzzsaw arm shapeshifted into a sharp blade, which should cut the arm. At the same time, he blasted an explosive blast, high power, at Anquish's foot. The shockwave should have done some damage, and it stopped Selox in time for him to get up.

Um.... if Selox is firing his force blaster at something almost point-blank range, he's not going to be able to just get up, since he'd get caught up in the blast as well. And while Anguish could potentially lose a foot from this, Selox is probably going to take a lot more damage, since he's smaller, and more of his body is closer to the blast. 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Yo fishers, I think you missed this.

IC Thak:

"Well lookie here!" he exclaimed, grinning like a mad man as he stood and walked over to Scriva and the Turtle.

"Breakfast is served, eh?"

He reached for the Hoi turtle, already imagining the ways he could prepare such fine dining. Maybe he could even impress his newfound Toa friend with his famous Turtle Soup.

His Skakdi grin widened.

Um.... didn't his head get cut in half? Seems pretty dead to me. 

Yo fishers, I think you missed this.

IC Thak:

"Well lookie here!" he exclaimed, grinning like a mad man as he stood and walked over to Scriva and the Turtle.

"Breakfast is served, eh?"

He reached for the Hoi turtle, already imagining the ways he could prepare such fine dining. Maybe he could even impress his newfound Toa friend with his famous Turtle Soup.

His Skakdi grin widened.

Response incoming.

Define dead

dead
dɛd/
adjective

1. 1.
    no longer alive.
    "a dead body"
    synonyms: deceased, expired, departedgone, no more, passed on, passed away; More

2. 2.
    complete; absolute.
    "we sat in dead silence"
    synonyms: completeabsolutetotalentireoutrightutterdownright, out-and-out,thoroughunqualifiedunmitigated
    "there was dead silence in the room"

adverb

1. 1.
    absolutely; completely.
    "you're dead right"
    synonyms: completelyabsolutelytotallyutterlydeadlyperfectlyentirely,whollyfullyquitethoroughly, unreservedly; More

Edited by Locus
  • Upvote 1

Name: Therex

Species: Modified Glatorian

Faction: Prisoner.

Power/Weapon 1: Due to mega-extensive training (And maybe some GB implants/genetic manipulation) Therex has the abilities of the Kanohi Calix

Power/Weapon 2: His armor contains advanced metamaterials that dampen kinetic energy. This mainly protects him from his own shockwaves, but it will also greatly dampen punches, kicks, etc. It does not protect him from sharp objects any more then regular armor would.

Power/Weapon 3: Implants by the Great Beings allow him to emit high-power shockwaves from his hands and feet. His special armor prevents him from being significantly harmed by these. He can change the power level at will.

Appearance: Therex is a Water Glatorian who is basically at absolute peak for the species. He is tall, but not big. His helmet looks like this

Bio: On an alt SM, the Shattering never happened. A faction of Great Beings stopped the EP from going boom.... But then tried to take over the planet on the basis that they saved it. They got about halfway, before the remaining GBs banded together with teh remaining Agori and Glatorian, creating a rival empire. A war started. Therex was created as a symbol of hope. He fought for a long time, until he was critically injured in battle and placed in cyrogenic stasis until a way to fix his injury could be found. When he awoke, the GBs having developed Protodermis and by extension Makuta and by extension Quick Healing Rahkshi, the world around him had changed. One of the principle changes was interdimensional TV. He was sent as an ambassador to another dimension, but was abducted by the cultists in transit.

Personality/Other: Therex is male, and has strong morals. He is an experienced leader and brilliant tactician

Kopaka, the coolest(Pun intended) Ko-Toa ever:

Comic_Blizzard_Blade_In_Use.png      

"If the fight had turned, Exann might be the one on the floor with Antidermis spurting out of him. This is how battle is. This is how life is." -Mar'jik, Corpus Rahkshi                                       

IC Selox:

Selox's buzzsaw arm shapeshifted into a sharp blade, which should cut the arm. At the same time, he blasted an explosive blast, high power, at Anquish's foot. The shockwave should have done some damage, and it stopped Selox in time for him to get up.

Um.... if Selox is firing his force blaster at something almost point-blank range, he's not going to be able to just get up, since he'd get caught up in the blast as well. And while Anguish could potentially lose a foot from this, Selox is probably going to take a lot more damage, since he's smaller, and more of his body is closer to the blast. 

Gotcha. Editing.

"If the fight had turned, Exann might be the one on the floor with Antidermis spurting out of him. This is how battle is. This is how life is." -Mar'jik, Corpus Rahkshi                                       

IC Selox:

Selox's buzzsaw arm shapeshifted into a sharp blade, which should cut the arm. At the same time, he blasted an explosive blast, high power, at Anquish's foot. The shockwave should have done some damage, and it blasted Selox away at high speed. He shapeshifted into the ball from from earlier, but was too late. He was sent flying, smashing into a stone as his legs unshifted, the mechanism damaged. Getting shakily to his feet, his mechanical voice crackled, "U-unit d-damaged. R-r-retreating."

Selox attempted to run away, though not at full speed due to damage.

IC: Anguish - Wailing Cliffs.

The cultist howled in pain as he fell backwards, clutching at the mangled stump of his foot. "Kill it!" he snarled, calling on his powers and sending blades of shadow flying at the Baterra from every direction. 

IC(Ismekne): "Someone who is going to bash your head in if you don't shut up." Ismekne said, extending her warhammer where the cultist could see it. All it would take would be a slight turn of Ismekne's wrist to swing the weapon straight into the side of his head. 

IC: Hive - Containment Centre. 

"Most definitely not a servant of Tuoni," he mused, wondering how the Toa intended to hit him with that hammer when he was still a half-dozen bio away - well out of her range. "You have made a grave mistake, Toa." 

I have a hard time believing that Anguish would be able to manage such a complex elemental feat when his foot just got blown off.

I have a hard time believing that Anguish would be able to manage such a complex elemental feat when his foot just got blown off.

They're in a graveyard. Every single tomb and mausoleum is going to be casting a shadow. All he did was take control of some of those shadows and shoot them at Selox. It's not a particularly complex thing to do. 

They're in a graveyard. Every single tomb and mausoleum is going to be casting a shadow. All he did was take control of some of those shadows and shoot them at Selox. It's not a particularly complex thing to do. 

Not exactly. He has to solidify them into blades, and simultaneously move probably around 25 of these at a moving target, maintaining their solidity while in massive pain. That sounds quite complex to me.

Not exactly. He has to solidify them into blades, and simultaneously move probably around 25 of these at a moving target, maintaining their solidity while in massive pain. That sounds quite complex to me.

From Anguish's profile: 

Personality/Other: Devoted to the cult, Anguish serves the will of his Herald with unwavering loyalty. He knows no fear, nor is he dissuaded by pain, and he will never consider failure to be a valid option. 

Yes, he's in pain, but that isn't going to stop him from doing everything he possibly can to destroy the person who attacked and wounded him in his Herald's own territory. He knows that whatever pain he's feeling right now is nothing compared to what he'll be feeling if he goes back to Masenna and reports that he failed. 

I feel like you're taking the phrase 'blades of shadow' too literally here.

I did use solid shadows earlier on in the fight, so I can see why there might be confusion.

In this case, "blades of shadow" was a poor choice of wording on my behalf. 

Not entirely sure what else they are supposed to be.

Just shadows.

As in, shadow energy, not solid blades. 

Then yeah, you could of put that better. Blades would mean physical damage.

Edited by Silvan Haven

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

Then yeah, you could of said put that better. Blades would mean physical damage.

Yeah, like I said, poor wording. I edited the post to clarify what I meant. 

Question: who all is in the City of Fear? I've been a little busy, so I could only skim through it all.

Dayeth, Skrall, Dajik and Sharky's (possibly not?) dead body are all outside Maeus' castle. 

I think A.D is, or was, somewhere further away from there.

And there might be a few others I've missed. 

gosh darn it nato

I regret nothing. 

what is this thing.

Changes underlined.

It’s all fun and games until you get captured by death cultists.

Name: Vinra
Species: Vortixx
Faction: Prisoner
Power/Weapon 1, 2, 3: One may find this tool absolutely ridiculous, and...it is. It’s a glove that heavily resembles the Nintendo Powerglove, except made to fit on a Vortixx’s hand. The glove does not require direct physical phrases to function, as it is now connected telepathically – this allows Vinra to utilize her tool while on the move, without diverting attention to typing things out. However, she still needs it on her person in order for it to function. Vinra describes it as a “hacker’s multitool”, and it is capable of the following:
-Data manipulation. Gone is the old, simple, wireless hacking. Vinra managed to break the code hindering her glove’s true potential. She no longer has to manually input code to hack things. Now? She is capable of directly altering data at its basest, much like a Toa of Data. This greatly improves her hacking abilities, and makes it much more effective on computerized opponents.
-The ability to produce a full-blown energy blade, much like an energy sword from Halo (Though only the bottom half). The blade slices through physical matter like no one’s business, but when met with anything energy it is absolutely helpless. The blade itself is strong as well, capable of parrying attacks from most standard, Toa-Strength foes. If Vinra is firing blasts of code while this blade is up, it is far weaker and more likely to break if hit by an opponent.
-The ability to fire off bursts of physical data. These function very similar to blasts of hot hardlight, and move at the speed of a crossbow bolt. She can’t fire off a bunch at once, however, and has to wait at least half a second or so between shots. If she has her blade out, she must wait a full second to fire off the bolts.
Vinra cannot manipulate data and use her blade/projectiles at the same time. She can, however, use the blade and projectiles at the same time, though both are affected when this is done, as noted in the specific section on that ability.

Appearance: Vinra is...your standard Vortixx. Black and silver armor, clawed fingers, tall, lithe, etc. Her 3D glasses are now cracked and broken, kept around her neck rather than atop her head. Her harness is torn and dim in certain locations, appearing more like an odd light here and there along her body. She has a few tattered cloths on her body, most likely from the broken harness. In the prison, she lacks her multitool.
Even after all of this, she still holds herself proudly.

Bio: Born and raised in the cyberpunk land of Xia, Vinra was a professional hacker and combatant in virtual fights. Renowned for her ability to “hack the mainframe, and hack the people”, she became famous on Xia for her incredible skills. No firewall was safe from her. No mainframe could remain unhacked. Of course, hacking was a sport in Xia, rather than a crime. Why else would she dress like a professional?
Eventually, her hacking competitions became broadcasted on the multiversal network – the first thing in her universe to actually be put there, and her island was the first to get the network. Of course, this made sense! A pathetic, steampunk island like Zakaz would never be as advanced as her own island! Especially since no one there was bright enough to make anything like that (She heard some brilliant mind wanted to fight the Island on Xia...) Her combat was never put up there, simply because of Bionifight’s overpowering control on the physical combat scene.
Her skills did not go unnoticed, however. She was soon plucked in the middle of a fight, and plopped right down into Bionifight. Looks like she’d be able to show her combative skills across the dimensions at last.
After the Bionifight facility crashed, Vinra began work on altering the code of her multitool. It did not take her long to successfully break through the dampening code on her glove, which allowed her to improve its strength drastically. Once she succeeded in doing that, she set off to fight the cultists who brought the facility down.
Vinra was captured and imprisoned by the cultists of Sota not long after.

Personality/Other: Vinra acts like a professional...for the most part. If you mention anything about Multiversal TV, she’ll start going on and on about her “Elite hacking skills”, and how “No firewall can go unbroken by her amazing code.” Not only that, but she, more than likely, will look down at other ‘stars’ on the Multiversal network, mostly because “They couldn’t hack even a level one firewall, even with tools more advanced than mine!”
Did I mention she has a bit of an ego in regards to her hacking skills? I don’t think I mentioned that.

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Steam name: Ehksidian

IC: Dio Folle

Through the City of Fear the being known as Dio Folle wandered, bored. Why was there no one- wait. Was-was that a dragon? It seemed to be emerging from some kind of hole... Time to mess with it. She reached out her mind... What could she do? Who did the dragon know? Wait... There was one being that seemed very different. She could avoid detection easily... What was it? Why did it matter? She began to morph...

IC: Dio Folle(disguised as Turbo Vixen)

The pseudo-Slizer opened her eyes behind the fake visor. Oh... This would be good. She entered the dragon's mind once again, and created an illusion that would not be entirely obvious, but it made sure that the dragon would hear the voice of the Slizer. She approached on the fake wheels...

This isn't possible; A.D. is currently within a building, for now, is sealed off. Dio could not have seen him.

IC(A.D.): Reluctantly, the dragon began climbing out of the hole, hoping to get back to the main street and find his attacker.

Just making sure that this IC doesn't get missed, as I edited it in briefly after I submitted the post it was in. You know how that goes.

Just want to clarify that you understand the only visible exit right now is that hole in the ceiling.

Hey Tex, Dayeth is waiting for more words of wisdom from her new friend. 

IC(A.D.): Reluctantly, the dragon began climbing out of the hole, hoping to get back to the main street and find his attacker.

Just making sure that this IC doesn't get missed, as I edited it in briefly after I submitted the post it was in. You know how that goes.

Just want to clarify that you understand the only visible exit right now is that hole in the ceiling.

Yes. And right now A.D. is trying to climb out of said hole in the ceiling.

He wouldn't be flying out, as the hole probably isn't big enough for his wings to fit through. 

Name: Asi

Species: Toa

Faction: Vapautti Sielu (Kuolema Cult)

Power/Weapon 1: Khanda: A large, double edged broadsword with a broad tip that is useless for stabbing. Has a large guard and knucklebow around the hilt, as well as a curved, blunt spike on the bottom, that can either be gripped as a hilt extension or used at close range to harm an enemy.

Power/Weapon 2: Elemental Power of Plasma. Asi can create, control, and absorb plasma, and some favoured uses include: burning enemies with plasma, burning things with plasma, coating Khanda with plasma to make it even more able to cut things and people and burn them.

Power/Weapon 3: Prince's Rage: If Asi's blood is spilled at all by an enemy, he flies into an unstoppable, brutal rage, until such time as that specific enemy is killed or retreats fully from the battle and escapes from Asi - if they don't fully retreat - such as, leaving for a short time and coming back - the rage will pick back up, and if they don't fully escape Asi, his rage will continue as he pursues them. This rage grants him strength equivalent to twice that of a Pakari, with the caveat that, after his enemy as been killed or retreats and he drops from the rage, he will be so spent of energy and weak that he barely has the energy to crawl back towards his comrades, leaving him open to attack from others.

Appearance: Asi is a tall Toa of Plasma, his body being primarily in shades of red and white, with decorations in gold, rather than in orange. Those decorations are, in fact, made of real gold. His mask appears to be a noble-shaped Kanohi Ruru, but it is powerless.

Bio: A warrior prince in his own universe, Asi eventually tried to defend his home from the Vapautti Sielu cultists, until noticing how powerful they were, and then he decided it would be great fun to join them insteads. As such, he helped exterminate all life in his home universe, and upon coming to Sarella Kirottu, he joined the cult of Kuolema, serving under Tuoni.

Even though he probably should've been with Hevias under Sota. Nobody is really sure how that happened.

Personality/Other: Asi is arrogant and haughty, although he is quite loyal to those he considers his friends. He completely lives for battle, considering that to be the ultimate activity to partake in in all of existence, and other than that he is quite fond of good food and drink and other such luxuries. Some people are wondering just how it was he ended up serving Tuoni rather than Hevias, but that's for the Heralds to know and everybody else to maybe find out some day but probably not.

• Upvote 1

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

OOC: I would argue about the physics of that situation, but I'm way too tired.

What's there to argue? 

A single shot from a force cannon isn't going to be enough to send a large chunk of stone flung by a Pakari user spinning end over end off course. At best, it would've blown it into pieces. But due to the relative size of the object, and the speed it was travelling at, some of those pieces would've continued on towards the target.