Bionifight Infinite Discussion

Voltex

Yes. We are aware of that. If you're trying to goad us into betraying him, I'm afraid you're going to be disappointed. We wouldn't make for much of  team if we started turning on each other. 

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

The entire concept of a team in BIONIFIGHT is "We ally until we're the last ones left in any given round, then everyone's fair game".

Not trying to kill someone just because you're allied to them is throwing the game, IMHO.

*Snaps fingers*

Yes. We are aware of that. If you're trying to goad us into betraying him, I'm afraid you're going to be disappointed. We wouldn't make for much of  team if we started turning on each other. 

It's a Free-For-All, your supposed to turn on each other.

• Upvote 3

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

Just do like Zeph and Donrioda, guys. Have both players convinced the other one is the one who needs to respond still, and drop into limbo for all eternity.

All are not the same

But three shall be as one

Freedom in the flame

The end has just begun

I'm not going to play as this character yet, but I want to see if it gets approved or if I need to modify the profile.

Name: Phazur, Priest of Yrnagu

Species: Yr-Matoran, Matoran of Despair

Weapon 1: Staff of Channeling, used to channel an element. It allows Phazur to use their element despite being a Matoran. The staff is made out of petrified wood and decorated with dark blue and red jewels. The symbol of Yrnagu, a face of a maskless Matoran screaming, is displayed on an icon made out of obsidian attached on the top of the staff.

Power 2: Element of Despair. A being wielding the powers of Nightmares is able to cause someone to be struck by visions displaying the worst fears of the victim. The visions appear for no more than a few seconds, but the victim's sense of time is changed, resulting in them feeling that the visions last much longer. Because Phazur is a Matoran, most of their elemetal energy is expended after making a single individual suffer from these horrifying visions. Beings with psionic abilities (e.g. telepathy) are immune to this power.

Weapon 3: Obsidian dagger, a short ceremonial dagger made out of obsidian. Can be used for self-defence.

Appearance: Phazur appears to be an usual Matoran - except for their mask, which is white, blank, shapeless and only has holes for the eyes. The eyes themselves glow dark red and always appear weary. Their body is mostly black and dark blue. They are slightly taller than the average Matoran, with disproportionate arms.

Bio: Phazur is a priest of Yrnagu, the god of nightmares, despair and grief. It was their job to counsel those who suffered from nightmares, who were desparate and who had lost their loved ones. Their universe had no Mata Nui or Makuta, for both had perished a long time ago, forcing the Matoran to survive by themselves. They gradually adopted a new pantheon of gods and goddesses, their personalities and roles based on all the elemental powers. This universe had several unique elements, more focused on emotion, such as Love, Hatred and Joy. Phazur might not be a combatant, but they have the power to bring most beings to their knees.

Personality/Other: Phazur is neither male or female. Their voice is a mixture of both. Because of Phazur's role in their society, they have developed a kind, calm and emphatic personality, that is however shadowed by depression.

Edited by Daniel the Finlander

still alive somehow

BZPRPG profiles

Alright, just a head's up that I'm going to be offline for most of today, so I apologise in advance to anyone waiting for posts from me. 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Petewa, I would like to advise you that your last post makes absolutely zero sense. Miras put you in a gravity field, effectively flipping gravity in a small area. Your character would not be noticing he was moving higher than normal. He would be falling upwards. Just a redistribution of energy would not reverse gravity back to normal (not to mention how confusing it is that your character can control his energy levels...).

I always assumed that the team would dissolve if we were the last ones left in the fight.

When does the current match end, again?

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

I have a feeling that the round is probably going to end before we're put in a position where we'd have to turn on each other. The chances of us wiping out every remaining combatant in the short time before this round ends are very low. 

From the post where Artorre's blade became stuck in Zakaro's armor, it seems that the sword is stuck in his left shoulder. Is this correct, or am I mistaken?

*Snaps fingers*

Ah, yes. You are correct in that, Artorre's sword is stuck in the left shoulder pad, though as it's currently being heated, it may be easier or harder to pull out, depending upon whether you think some of the pad has melted or not. ^_^

AGoNWLR.jpg

They call me Zakaro. You should too.

I have a feeling that the round is probably going to end before we're put in a position where we'd have to turn on each other. The chances of us wiping out every remaining combatant in the short time before this round ends are very low. 

That's the thing, though; we might not have to do much of anything.

Some of the contestats are already doing the job for us.

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

Thought I would submit another profile, since Kopen's out of commission for a while.

Name: Mirror

Species: Mimic's Species

Power/Weapon 1: "Photographic Reflexes," upon viewing a physical feat, Mirror will be able to duplicate it flawlessly and without practice. This skill applies only to movements, and cannot replicate elemental, mental, or innate abilities. Though he is able to record motions with weapons such as bows or clubs, duplicating them without the appropriate weapon would be ineffective. In the name of fairness, Mirror is starting out as a blank slate. He only knows basic combat with his own weapon and not much else, though he can learn much just by watching.

Power/Weapon 2: "Shard Lance," a long, thin-bladed sword of the purest protosteel with an extended grip. In that way, it's closer to a polearm than lance, and is just as useful for mimicking most staff attacks as well as swords. Mirror always keeps it sharp and polished for combat to the point where he's near obsessive about it.

Power/Weapon 3: Limited magnetic field manipulation. Mirror is able to generate and control small magnetic fields through a pair of implants in his hands. Like a Toa, these fields require energy to maintain depending on their size, though Mirror’s comes from himself, rather than a separate reserve. Given the right magnetic materials, Mirror can replicate smaller feats of elemental manipulation with his Reflexes, such as launching balls of molten protodermis, bringing up small shields, or drawing weaponry towards him for use with his abilities. Alternatively, he can release his stored energy at once, resulting in a powerful magnetic pulse which can be used for a jump boost, knocking opponents away, or snatching metallic weapons from an unwary opponent.

Appearance: Being of the same species, Mirror looks very much like Mimic. His head looks somewhat reptilian with a mouth full of fangs in the front and two ear-like protrusions in the back. He has a wide, armored chest and powerful, yet agile, limbs that are able to quickly adapt to many fighting styles. His primary colors are deep blue with black and silver armor covering it.

Bio: Mirror woke up one day in a shattered village. No two bricks were left together on the building he could only assume had been his home. All around were bodies similar to his own, crushed by falling debris or killed in the panic. Those of his friends that were still alive had long since left him for dead. But he didn't know for sure, because he couldn't remember anything. Not even his own name.
He wandered the universe for years, searching for some way to reclaim the memories that had been taken from him, or the friends that had left him. Along his travels, he met one like him, a Dark Hunter named Mimic, who showed him how to unlock his photographic reflexes before running off to another mission. Left more confused than grateful, Mirror continued his own quest with a new name. One night, he went to sleep, Shard Lance by his side, and then he woke up in an Arena with a Queen telling him he had been selected for a glorious tournament. He never believed it, always imagining it was some kind of mistake.

Personality/Other: His amnesia and lack of real combat training has made Mirror very unsure of himself, almost self-loathing at times. He's doesn't speak much, but when he does, it comes with a power and desperation that none would expect. His only mission in life is to find out who he was, and he will fight as well as he can to get back to that life.
Edited by Click
  • Upvote 3

Mirror approved!

Boom, new character:

Name: Krantax
Species: Energy Hound
Power/Weapon 1: Energy tracking - Energy Hounds can track down even a speck of dust.
Power/Weapon 2: Gaping maw that can siphon energy from the target to itself.
Power/Weapon 3: Sharp claws.
Appearance: Like an energy hound.
Bio: Krantax was one of 7 guard dogs for a group of seven Toa, fighting along-side the Toa. He was brought to Bionifight for no real apparent reason, most probably because his Toa was meant to be brought to Bionifight instead of him.
Personality/Other: Highly defensive, highly aggressive.

Please give more specification in regards to the power-siphoning ability... as far as I remember, it wasn't given a ton of explanation in canon, and you seem to be basing Krantax off of Spinax (which is reasonable). Just update that and you'll probably be good to go.

Name: Navuru

Species: Toa of Sonics

Power/Weapon 1: Elemental control over Sonics.

Power/Weapon 2: A Great Kanohi Arthron, Mask of Sonar.

Power/Weapon 3: A scythe that Navuru uses to fire blasts of Sonic energy. And to stab people.

Appearance: Looks more of a hellish unholy demonic monster than anything.

Bio: Navuru appears to exist in many universes, but usually he's an odd yet innocent Matoran turned into a sociopathic yet methodical Toa, bent on the destruction of the Matoran way of life. This one was murdering the last of the Matoran responsible for this change when he was transported to Bionifight.

Personality: Navuru at first may seem like a nice and polite guy, if odd and sometimes inappropriate. But make no mistake. Go up and shake him by the hand and already he's thought of ten different ways to kill you. And he will be laughing after each one...

Other: This version of Navuru was an Onu-Metru archivist. He knows a Rahi when he sees one, and knows what it is.

Navuru approved.

OOC: Well, Kopeyku would fear for his life but...now that I think about it, both his hips are Le-matoran...he really should be scared,

He's also outside the arena, and can't be touched by Zeph and Donri now.

Also, if a post is entirely OOC, it should generally be placed in the Discussion topic (this one) rather than the actual game topic.

IC Kat/ Moving through the reserve punching bags:

They sure as Karz don't make em like they do at Corpus.

I'd torn four of these ###### things already.

Sighing, I grabbed another bag, lifting it easily onto the hook that held it in place, steadying the leather covered practice bag.

And continued working out my stress.

OOC:Kat open for interaction in the Gym

The staff will be sure to install more resilient dummies by the start of the next round. ;)

Somehow, he missed the announcement for the first match, and its teleportation.

FYI, when players are teleported in after a round is already in progress, it fits chronologically - it's not retroactive. They're bringing new players in constantly.

Edited by Anung Un Rama

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

Somehow, he missed the announcement for the first match, and its teleportation.

FYI, when players are teleported in after a round is already in progress, it fits chronologically - it's not retroactive. They're bringing new players in constantly.

Oh, okay then. Good to know.

Hey, Click, can I get more info on Mirror's abilities before you continue a bit?

Sure, they're based on the canon abilities of the Dark Hunter Mimic, though I tried to nerf it a bit. Basically, when he sees someone else perform a physical feat, including specific strikes, with or without weapons, or other tricks, his mind not only remembers the exact sequence of it, but can also replicate it. It's like forming muscle memory just by watching someone else. In canon, Mimic could master swordsmanship just by watching a talented swordsman for a few minutes. Instead, I'm trying to keep it to only watching a strike will give him the ability to perform that one strike.

Though it still seems extremely powerful, many of the combatants use vastly differing weapons from his own staff/sword. He may learn a few moves with those weapons, but he would rarely get the chance to use them. He also doesn't know the application, seeing as he has little combat experience, just the moves.

If it needs to be nerfed a little more, I can rewrite it to be a few repetitions before he learns the move.

If I can chime in, I'd like to point out this is, like, more realistic than 95% of all mirror move characters in media? Most of the time, people copy moves they see from people with drastically different equipment and body types from them with no issue. Mir, here, is actually basically restricted to specific moves based on his equipment.

All are not the same

But three shall be as one

Freedom in the flame

The end has just begun

I've looked over it, should probably be fine, but mind-based powers can be a touchy thing so I'm going to make sure at least one other staff member OK's it before it's approved altogether.

IC: Navuru (???)

I awaken in a place that looks nothing like Vakeke's home. Either I accidentally breathed in his toxins or this is really happening. My dreams usually make much less sense.

"Son of a-"

OOC: Open for interaction. Also, where do new arrivals usually arrive?

Waiting/Locker rooms, Comfort Sector, med bay

but their spirits

What are the rules for upgrading or changing weapon/power slots?

You'd have to resubmit the profile for approval.

As a note, though not an official rule, I think weapon changes are more likely to be approved than power changes.

but their spirits

You'd have to resubmit the profile for approval.

As a note, though not an official rule, I think weapon changes are more likely to be approved than power changes.

Okay, might want to replace Dartakh's armour with something more useful. How will the change occur IC? Does the character need to ask the staff or something?

still alive somehow

BZPRPG profiles

Well, time for a character I've been working on for a few days. Ran it by a few staff members unofficially, but I am now submitting it for formal approval.

Name: Noroi Shiru

Species: Lariska’s Species

Sealed:

Power/Weapon 1: Signatis Fatum: Pitted and scarred, a menacing suit of black steel towering

over those around it. Signatis Fatum covers Noroi’s entire body from head to toe, leaving not an inch of exposed skin. The armor opens around the joints to permit movement, but even then seems to have a black mesh-like covering beneath it. Almost gothic in style it possesses a clearly defined, almost elegant, sculpt with an underlying air of menace. Primarily black with gunmetal etchings, its collar rises high around a full helm, the interior of the folded steel a muted silver. The helm itself is fully encompassing, with no sign of a moveable visor or clasps. A single horizontal slit crosses the eyes, providing (if one were to get close enough) a dim look at the blue eyes underneath. Massive pauldrons cover the shoulders, mostly circular with triangular crests of silver flanking the high collar. Heavy looking gauntlets encompass the forearms, and the boots taper to points. Small, intricate characters surround the single spot of color on the armor; a crimson gemstone, inset in the chest. Examination by a translator would reveal their meaning to be the armor’s name. The armor is incredibly durable, but renders Noroi a very slow combatant. Its durability seems to protect the occupant from extremes in outside stimuli (temperature, shock, et cetera), but otherwise possesses no inherent effects other than to limit mobility. Despite the lining of the joints, the armor possess few protections at primary joints of the limb, as well as being weaker at the front of the neck, waist, and other such points of articulation. There is no clear way for the suit to come off, lacking seams or clasps with which to secure it.

Power/Weapon 2: A shield mounted on Noroi’s right arm; roughly triangular in shape, the

shield is wider up near the elbow but tapers to a point. At that point the shield extends

into a metal spike, extending half a foot down past the knuckles.

Power/Weapon 3: Kanohi Calix. Notably, the Kanohi is next to useless as long as Noroi

remains within her armor.

Mechanism: Signatis Fatum cannot be removed by Noroi’s efforts. The armor has been bonded to her indefinitely, and will keep her sealed even when damaged. The armor can only release its hold, temporarily at this time, through the express and willing permission from another individual. There is no specific command required. (For obvious reasons, this is not something Zangah will ever do. No in universe mechanism prevents it, but I will not do so.)

Unsealed:

Once unsealed, Noroi loses Sigmatis Fatum’s defenses. The loss of weight, however, permits her the full use of her natural skills as well as her Kanohi Calix. Her previous weapons are replaced by her original ones, sealed away with her.

Power/Weapon 1: Kanohi Calix

Power/Weapon 2: A tonfa crafted of metal, with a few key changes to the design; the shorter end, on the forward side of the handle in their default grip, is a diamond shaped spike of substantial size. The main body is a straight blade of the same length as a standard tonfa, tapering to a sword point near the elbow. The grips are wrapped in fine black Mahi hide leather.

Power/Weapon 3: A tonfa of identical shape and build for Noroi’s opposite hand.

Appearance: While sealed inside Signatis Fatum, Noroi is completely obscured. The armor’s appearance is the only appearance one can see, save for a small glimpse of her eyes behind her visor. Few manage to see them, however, due to the proximity needed to look so closely. The armor’s appearance is menacing enough that many avoid it.

Noroi herself is roughly the same height as a Toa, clad primarily in silvers and lighter shades of blue. She seems almost more like a Glatoran than other MU species, with a noticeably more organic than mechanical construction. She has a lithe, athletic looking build, as is common for her species, and moves gracefully outside of her armor. The Calix she wears is a slightly muted shade of silver, her blue eyes visible behind it.

Bio: When the Great Beings set about creating the races that would inhabit the lands, they took quite a while to settle on their norm. Their first few creations were more akin to those that inhabited Spherus Magna than those that would be Mata Nui’s followers; these early races were primarily organic, with mechanical enhancements serving to supplement and augment those functions that were already present. Thus was Noroi’s species created. Capable of using Kanohi, but not yet possessing the same powers as the Toa that would follow, they were the first race meant to serve as protectors. They were the Great Beings’ champions, a shield to protect the helpless and a sword to strike down the evil.

But ultimately, like so many of the Great Beings’ projects, they were forgotten. They were replaced by Makuta, by Toa, and any one of a number of myriad races created to serve a purpose. But they continued to exist, playing their role as best they could. It was into this role that Noroi was born, and it was this role that filled her with pride. She was a guardian, one from a legacy as old as the mountains. The Toa were yet in their infancy, heroes in name but not yet in practice. The world was still wild, then, untamed and disorganized. Villages were seldom completely free from danger, and even those that were self reliant would come across a foe they couldn’t handle.

So Noroi traveled. Continent to continent, land to land, exploring this vast land the Great Beings had created. Warlords and warriors alike would face this wanderer, if she deemed it necessary. The Hand of Artahka was a frequent ‘ally’; though not technically a member, she often acted as one of their agents, going wherever a crises arose. Like the other members, she worked alone more often than not. Not out of malice or out of preference; she genuinely believed that she did not need the help, and that she could handle herself.

But the Great Beings, in their carelessness, had left many things behind. Relics, weapons, even forces sealed away where they were best forgotten. On a mission to the far southern isles, her solitary nature came back to bite her. A group of warlords, calling themselves the League of Six Kingdoms, had discovered a cache of forgotten relics and wasted little time putting them to use. Kingdoms, she quickly discovered, was a very ostentatious name for what they were; little more than a band of thugs that had amassed a fair following, easily overwhelming local defenders. Their followers proved to be little trouble for her, but the warlords themselves… Six against one, her defeat was, perhaps, inevitable.

Under most circumstances, that would have been the end of it. But the warlords had something different in mind. Amongst the weapons and tools, they had found a suit of armor. It was intended, perhaps, to be useful. Certainly it was durable, protecting the occupant well in combat. But there were flaws. It made the occupant incredibly slow, limited their moment, And as its late user discovered, it was impossible to take off. The warlords ordered him.... Removed, but they kept the armor. Signatis Fatum, it was named. It was into this armor that she was sealed, and released. The warlords wanted her to return and bring news to the Hand.

The Hand of Artahka devoted not insignificant resources into attempting to free her, their means ranging from the magical to the mundane. Nothing worked. She, eventually, returned to service. But she was not as successful as she had been. It was over a hundred years before she was, for the very first time, released; Frosteluses were overrunning a village on the Northern Continent, but she found herself too slow to properly stop them. Despite her efforts, they were winning. In that time of desperation, a Matoran, pleading for her to save them, unwittingly fulfilled Sigmatis Fatum’s requirements. She won the battle, but it was not to last. Whatever force or power had sealed her inside the suit was able to force her back into it, sealing her away once more.

She has roamed, since then, through the years; seeking to fulfill her purpose and find a way to free herself from her curse.

Personality/Other: Normally quiet, Noroi’s gender and physical appearance is nearly impossible to ascertain while she is sealed away. Her voice is forced into a lower, rather quiet, register by the layers of metal separating her from the world, and her appearance is obviously obscured.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG