Bionifight Infinite Discussion

Voltex

Infinitely harder.

New game tagline.

FIGHT HARDER [iNFINITELY HARDER]

What a spineless salesman. :P I was hoping he would yell at someone for shooting the merchandise.

Yeah, he's a bit of a wimp. :D I know there's minimal personality established for him but I somehow felt that screaming at VH would be a bit OOC. He's all bark and no bite, and accordingly even his bark isn't that loud.

Edited by Anung Un Rama

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

I'm very confused as to what that Skull Spider is trying to accomplish. 

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

It's actually unknown whether Skull Spiders could affect G1 characters the same way as they affect G2 characters.

So... Water pressure?

Enough to slow you down and probably enough to make you uncomfortable - but unlike the actual ocean, it's modified by the Arena to do no more than that. Like, nobody's getting crushed by water pressure here.

Edited by Anung Un Rama

but their spirits

[8:08:33 PM] Xaeraz: makes me wanna play a krana whose bohrok shell is two power slots, and the third is legs so it can do a better job infiltrating than skull carrier
[8:08:43 PM] Xaeraz: except that would probably not be approved because mech
[8:08:49 PM] Ehksidian: wait
[8:08:55 PM] Ehksidian: tahnok-kal is a kind of mech then
[8:09:05 PM] Ehksidian: WHY DID YOU STAFF NOT DISAPPROVE OF HIM HUH
[8:09:09 PM] Xaeraz: tahnok nuva tyvm
[8:09:19 PM] BZP Roman Torchwick: The Rahkshi are also mechs if you think about it.
[8:09:26 PM] Ehksidian: ashgdfasfa
[8:09:31 PM] BZP Roman Torchwick: And there seem to be an awful lot of Rahkshi....
[8:09:41 PM] Xaeraz: so
[8:09:43 PM] Ehksidian: [murder sounds]

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Steam name: Ehksidian

unlike the actual ocean, it's modified by the Arena to do no more than that. Like, nobody's getting crushed by water pressure here.

I freakin' knew it! There had to be some kind of arena magic involved!

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Infinitely harder.

New game tagline.

FIGHT HARDER [iNFINITELY HARDER]

Wasn't there a Mafia game called something like that?

You might be thinking of my attention-getter pseudo-subtitle for By the Numbers 2, which was "Die Harder".

I kinda thought skull spiders would be able to take over matoran and other guys like krana would and vice versa.

That seems kind of presumptuous. We don't know much about Gen2, but it seems unlikely that these Masters and Protectors are the same species as the Gen1 Toa and Matoran. 

But I don't think Krana in G1 would be limited to controlling only Toa and Matoran, right? So why limit Skull Spiders in G2?

That said... as far as gameplay's concerned in Bionifight... are you planning on trying to use the Skull Spiders to mind control people, or just use them to fight and scout?

but their spirits

I don't see how the mind control thing would really work, to be honest. It'd be incredibly difficult for those spiders to find someone who was compatible, knock off their mask, and jump on their face. 

That's all assuming their target doesn't have some kind of psionic shielding that prevents the mind control in the first place. 

Edited by Roman Torchwick

I kinda thought skull spiders would be able to take over matoran and other guys like krana would and vice versa.

That seems kind of presumptuous. We don't know much about Gen2, but it seems unlikely that these Masters and Protectors are the same species as the Gen1 Toa and Matoran. 

Never implied that.

waffleman2010.png

*Click Banner to go to the Sikza Spriting Kit topic

The Avsa can drain light too; that's what Vamprah kept trying to use, as did Lev's character back in Island of Pain. /personal experience. xP

Sounds good to me, though. ^^ Just wanted to put that note out there, because, well, first thing that comes to mind is super powered tuyet. xP

Okay, I think I see where you're coming from.

Regarding the light, would it be acceptable to use it in order to absorb physical light only (such as to darken an area), and not the moral kind? I wasn't planning on turning her into a vending machine that could grant others the power over Shadow or anything, but I just figured I'd ask anyway.

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

Still waiting on posts for Artorre and Lekona from both Burnmad and Serge. Come on, guys - there are several players (and three hosts) looking forward to seeing Elittra's elimination and your character's reactions to it, and you're both delaying it. :P

In light of a recent discussion in the Skype chat, I've got a question regarding game balance.

On Skype, someone took issue with the fact that my character The Wyrm (who is entirely organic) was able to injure Mirror (a bio-mechanical MU being) on the basis that an organic being wouldn't have the necessary strength to break through the armour and metallic components of a bio-mechanical one. 

This would then raise the issue of all of the organic species - Agori, Glatorian and (maybe?) Protectors, as well as any others I might have missed, being at a huge disadvantage to the mechanical ones. 

So I'm wondering: what's everyone else's take on this? 

Now, I personally have been writing under the assumption that everyone in this game is on a roughly even playing field, unless their profile specifically describes them as being bigger, stronger, or more heavily-armoured than say, an above-average human. (Toa in canon can apparently lift an entire tonne, so I'm assuming they've been nerfed down to more reasonable levels as they are in most RPGs I'm used to playing).  

This made sense to me from both an IC and OOC standpoint, since it's not really fair if half of the contestants are physically incapable of injuring the others, nor would it make for a very interesting tournament for the Host if that were the case. 

It wasn't so much that Wyrm was able to injure Mirror (seeing as it states he is used to fighting Vortixx in his profile), but the issue came up with Mirror not being able to injure Wyrm further with his enhanced strength.

Well that comes down to the fact that Mirror was disoriented, had never fought underwater before, had a sword buried in his chest, and was swinging randomly at an enemy he couldn't even actually see. 

Yeah.... Anyway, my original question is still open for other opinions: do the bio-mechanical characters have a seemingly godlike advantage over the organic ones, or not?  

I would also like to point out what you seem to have ignored. Agori and Glatorian are both assumed to have some level of cybernetic augmentation, thus at least somewhat leveling the playing field. We have no idea what the mechanical/biological ratio is for protectors yet, but I assume from the pictures that they at least have some serious armor on them.

The problem comes up when a person specifically says that their character is entirely organic. When they do that all the advantages of having part of the PC being made out of metal goes away. As well as the disadvantages. It's a tradeoff if anything.

Well that comes down to the fact that Mirror was disoriented, had never fought underwater before, had a sword buried in his chest, and was swinging randomly at an enemy he couldn't even actually see. 

And had an equivalent of power armor built into his body.

Edited by Silvan Haven

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

I would also like to point out what you seem to have ignored. Agori and Glatorian are both assumed to have some level of cybernetic augmentation, 

If you're going by canon, then at most they have 10-15% mechanical components in the form of implants, which, as I understand it, most of the Spherus Magna characters in this game do not have. 

That's just the Glatorian. As far as I know, Agori possess no such implants whatsoever. 

The problem comes up when a person specifically says that their character is entirely organic. When they do that all the advantages of having part of the PC being made out of metal goes away. As well as the disadvantages. It's a tradeoff if anything.

And the tradeoff according to you has it so that he's basically incapable of injuring anything with metal in it. 

If you're going by canon, then at most they have 10-15% mechanical components in the form of implants, which, as I understand it, most of the Spherus Magna characters in this game do not have.

Just for the record, I haven't stated to either effect whether Anna has mechanical components or not, partially since it has no total bearing on things. =P

She does have a way to control her electrical powers on par with a Toa; but they're not mechanical implants.

Unless specifically stated to not have them, the assumption is that anybody from Spherus Magna has those. They all have natural metal bones, I'm sure they could get an added servo at the joints to give them higher strength.

And the tradeoff according to you has it so that he's basically incapable of injuring anything with metal in it.

It's certainly going to be harder to hurt anything with a metal skin, sure. You could just ask staff if you could edit his sword and make it really sharp.

Edited by Silvan Haven

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

Essentially, I've been playing this game under the assumption that beings of roughly the same size and proportions (eg. Toa, The Wyrm, Glatorian and Rahkshi) possess approximately the same strength and toughness as an above-average human, unless explicitly stated otherwise somewhere in that character's profile.

As I mentioned earlier, in canon Toa are said to be able to lift around one tonne, which I'm assuming isn't the case here since none of the Toa have been throwing buildings at their opponents.

Now, since Rahkshi are far stronger than Toa, Xara would be pretty much unstoppable if I was playing her to canon, which I haven't been. I could start doing so if that's what you really want, but I think that'd be pretty unfair on everyone. 

It's certainly going to be harder to hurt anything with a metal skin, sure. You could just ask staff if you could edit his sword and make it really sharp.

I've said it before, I'm sure, but I've always assumed that since MU blades are made to hurt MU residents, they're all inherently really sharp. You're trying to cut and injure things made (mostly) of solid metal, you've got to have more than sheer strength

7AOYGDJ.jpg

This will probably be the last profile I submit for a long time; I originally was going to only run four characters but an idea hit me and grew into a fifth.

Name: Minami Kyoushi-Amakusa

Species: Toa

Power/Weapon 1: Elemental Cloth: Minami is capable of creating, absorbing, and manipulating most fabrics and textiles, be they plant, hair, silk, or even synthetic based. Note that she can only manipulate processed material that can be roughly classified as "textiles"; she can't control the raw components.

Power/Weapon 2: Plague Dust: Minami can create and control illness-causing spores (essentially a weaker but faster-acting variant of Anthrax). Beings exposed to these spores will quickly develop the following symptoms: nausea, coughing, and skin rash. In small amounts this is merely an annoyance; however, if a being is exposed to large amounts of spores over an extended period of time, more serious symptoms (such as vomiting blood, skin lesions) could develop. Minami is immune to the effects of her spores.

Power/Weapon 3: Telepathy: the last vestiges remaining of her former psionic powers, Minami is capable of basic telepathic communication with others. Her power operates much like a Kanohi Suletu, allowing her to send and receive thoughts and images from others.

Appearance: Minami cuts a tall, but thin profile, appearing sort of frail at first glance. Ornate crystal armor covers her blue and gold body, and a golden mantle is almost always draped over her person. The image of an Iden on her face completes the look, with sickly green eyes, matching the color of her heartlight, shining from behind it.

Bio: The Kentoku Archipelago. A chain of islands in he midst of the endless ocean, it is home to the Dasaka Empire, a civilization entirely composed of Ce-Elementals, divided into large clans, each holding a certain measure of political clout. Minami belonged to the upper echelons of this civilization, being the ruler of her clan - Kyoushi, a clan of scientists and engineers. Succeeding her mother as Toroshu at a young age, she helped see the clan through troubled times, including several schisms within the clan as well as militaristic threats from her rivals.

Eventually, Minami and his clan would become embroiled in a civil war between the dominant clan, Umbraline, and one of their allies, Dastana. Taking Dastana's side, Minami commissioned a project that could potentially unlock new powers in her species, believing that it could give Kyoushi an advantage should they be forced to fight themselves. Desperate for results, she eventually performed tests on herself, with the hopes of enhancing her own psionic powers, or possibly gaining new ones.

The experiment... Sorta went wrong.

Instead of gaining psionic power, Minami lost it, receiving in exchange control over a seemingly useless power. However, Minami was undeterred, and performed more experiments on both herself and other volunteers, eventually unlocking the ability to control bioweapons. What happened next... Is a story for another time (though considering that Minami is here, it does end with her vanishing from her world).

Personality: focused, confident, and decisive. All these are qualities required of a leader, and all these are qualities Minami has learned well. Despite still having not quite reached adulthood, Minami presents a very mature and pragmatic image. Determined to not show any weakness in front of anyone, all her actions are measured, calculated, and planned so as to project a strong image to all those around. However, a good leader also cares for the people around her, so Minami isn't all iron; if she feels that she has no reason to mistrust an individual, she will treat them with warmth and friendliness. Even to her enemies, she will show small, strategic amounts of compassion.

Other: Minami used to be paraplegic; however, the experiments Minami performed on herself restored function in her lower body. However, her legs have yet to return to full strength, so she is more easily put off balance than most.

Edited by One-Eyed Construct
  • Upvote 2

I've said it before, I'm sure, but I've always assumed that since MU blades are made to hurt MU residents, they're all inherently really sharp. You're trying to cut and injure things made (mostly) of solid metal, you've got to have more than sheer strength

It's not the sharpness of the blade that Silvan is taking issue with.

He's basically saying that because The Wyrm is organic, he's incapable of wielding his blade with the sufficient force required to break through an MU being's metal skin. 

As I mentioned earlier, in canon Toa are said to be able to lift around one tonne, which I'm assuming isn't the case here since none of the Toa have been throwing buildings at their opponents.

I want to know who builds the structures around you if they can get them down to a single ton in weight. A ton is less than what you might think, Tahu Nuva's giant swords probably weigh a good hundred pounds each.

Now, since Rahkshi are far stronger than Toa, Xara would be pretty much unstoppable if I was playing her to canon, which I haven't been. I could start doing so if that's what you really want, but I think that'd be pretty unfair on everyone.

Could you link me to a place where it says that? BS01 says nothing about it.

I'm sure that MU blades are pretty up there on the sharpness scale, but when dealing with the kind of armor that a highly advanced biomechanical being possesses normal-ish levels are not going to be enough. It's the same reason maces and heavy battle-axes were used in the middle ages. Sure having an edge is pretty useful, but you want a lot of kinetic energy behind it as well.

Yes, but he essentially said that if such a disadvantage were to exist then it would be countered by a sword being really sharp. But surely all MU swords are really sharp? I mean, Zaktan stabbed Tahu in the stomach, was it? If he tried doing that with just strength all he'd accomplish is knocking the guy over

I checked Zaktan's BS01 page.

Yes, but he essentially said that if such a disadvantage were to exist then it would be countered by a sword being really sharp. But surely all MU swords are really sharp? I mean, Zaktan stabbed Tahu in the stomach, was it? If he tried doing that with just strength all he'd accomplish is knocking the guy over

Unless being super sharp is one of the weapon's features its not going to just cut right through a MU being's armor.

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

Could you link me to a place where it says that? BS01 says nothing about it.

Almost every time Rahkshi have appeared in canon they've easily overpowered Toa through sheer strength as well as raw power. While it hasn't been explicilty stated anywhere that Rahkshi are stronger than Toa, it's very apparent that they are.

Unless being super sharp is one of the weapon's features its not going to just cut right through a MU being's armor.

But.... all MU weapons can cut through MU armour. 

Here's my issue with this entire situation: all of the characters in this game are from completely different universes. We don't really know if all of those worlds actually share the same organic-to-mechanical ratio as the canon one. This is further complicated with the addition of custom species and characters based on Spherus Magna beings. 

For the sake of game balance, there needs to be a middle ground, which I've (apparently incorrectly) assumed existed all along.

So unless one of the GMs says otherwise, I'm going to continue RPing The Wyrm as if he - and any equivalently-sized beings, regardless of their origins - have the same strength as the average Toa, whatever that actually turns out to be in this game.