Bionifight Infinite Discussion

Voltex

The Avsa can drain light too; that's what Vamprah kept trying to use, as did Lev's character back in Island of Pain. /personal experience. xP

Sounds good to me, though. ^^ Just wanted to put that note out there, because, well, first thing that comes to mind is super powered tuyet. xP

Okay, I think I see where you're coming from.

Regarding the light, would it be acceptable to use it in order to absorb physical light only (such as to darken an area), and not the moral kind? I wasn't planning on turning her into a vending machine that could grant others the power over Shadow or anything, but I just figured I'd ask anyway.

Missed this.

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

If you're going by canon, then at most they have 10-15% mechanical components in the form of implants, which, as I understand it, most of the Spherus Magna characters in this game do not have.

Unless specifically stated to not have them, the assumption is that anybody from Spherus Magna has those. They all have natural metal bones, I'm sure they could get an added servo at the joints to give them higher strength.

And the tradeoff according to you has it so that he's basically incapable of injuring anything with metal in it.

It's certainly going to be harder to hurt anything with a metal skin, sure. You could just ask staff if you could edit his sword and make it really sharp.

If I could be a mediator: I do believe one of you is underplaying the role of biological muscle, which if trained enough (as is the case in warriors of all shapes) can push a sharp enough blade through metal. There is evidence IRL as to whether or not that is the case. Me? I always thought that muscles were the main biological component in the characters of Bionicle. It only makes sense given that the Great beings meant for them to maintain Mata-Nui, and hydrolics can only do so much when they are as small and focused as they are.

Edit: Note to An/aBlade

IC: Tahnok Nuva

Tahnok growled, there wasn't enough time to test his theory. He melted part of the ceiling above them to drop a boulder down to block the incoming bolts and use as a shield, however temporary it was. Will that thing never cease this?! He started pushing the boulder torwards the source of the energy bolts.

This was Tahnok's last action. Please take note of it.

Edited by Drakua Toa of Rahi

waffleman2010.png

*Click Banner to go to the Sikza Spriting Kit topic

Sharpness has little bearing on a sword's ability to cut through other metal, that's hardness, primarily.

As for Tahu's two swords weighing several hundred pounds or whatever I saw said? Yeeeeaaaah no. Even in this weird fantasy world...nah. Regardless, there's no real reason Wyrm wouldn't be able to drive a sufficiently stiff sword into a biomechanical being's chest armour, if we're playing a balanced game here, because that could happen in real life with armour and swords.

And, y'know, that whole "base line human norm" and "real physics" we use for the game to be playable and fair.

EDIT: freakin' mobile

Edited by Grochi ad Infinitum

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

One must also take into account the fact that, if their MU character eats for sustenance or has alluded to being born, or otherwise implied the existence of reproductive organs, it's significantly more organic that canon characters are.

*Snaps fingers*

• Upvote 1

Could you link me to a place where it says that? BS01 says nothing about it.

Almost every time Rahkshi have appeared in canon they've easily overpowered Toa through sheer strength as well as raw power. While it hasn't been explicilty stated anywhere that Rahkshi are stronger than Toa, it's very apparent that they are.

Unless being super sharp is one of the weapon's features its not going to just cut right through a MU being's armor.

But.... all MU weapons can cut through MU armour. 

Here's my issue with this entire situation: all of the characters in this game are from completely different universes. We don't really know if all of those worlds actually share the same organic-to-mechanical ratio as the canon one. This is further complicated with the addition of custom species and characters based on Spherus Magna beings. 

For the sake of game balance, there needs to be a middle ground, which I've (correctly) assumed existed all along.

So unless one of the GMs says otherwise, I'm going to continue RPing The Wyrm as if he - and any equivalently-sized beings, regardless of their origins - have the same strength as the average Toa, whatever that actually turns out to be in this game. 

I'm inclined to agree with Nato here.

• Upvote 3

Almost every time Rahkshi have appeared in canon they've easily overpowered Toa through sheer strength as well as raw power. While it hasn't been explicilty stated anywhere that Rahkshi are stronger than Toa, it's very apparent that they are.

You mean the time where the Toa Nuva were going through the arc's phase of "Toa face new threat. New threat beats them into the ground to establish its credibility."

Or was it the time Nokama washed a good thirty or so away all by her herself?

Not sure where you got the physical part from, which is what we are talking about. When Onua faced off against one in that pushing match in MoL we had all of five seconds to compare their strength before the hunger powers kicked in.

But.... all MU weapons can cut through MU armour.

You misunderstand what I said. It's not that it is impossible for a sword to cut through their armor, its that unless your blade is super sharp like Zaktan's a blow is going to need a significant amount of force behind it in order to get through said armor. An amount of force that I am arguing a normal organic being lacks.

Here's my issue with this entire situation: all of the characters in this game are from completely different universes. We don't really know if all of those worlds actually share the same organic-to-mechanical ratio as the canon one. This is further complicated with the addition of custom species and characters based on Spherus Magna beings.

No reason to assume that they don't have the same ratio. Unless the person coming up with that universe want's it to be otherwise, in which case they should also end up playing the end result of such a decision. To borrow a video game term, it should be more than just a skin.

And I thought that I just explained why Spherus Magna would still be a viable choice for character pools?

For the sake of game balance, there needs to be a middle ground, which I've (apparently incorrectly) assumed existed all along.

For the most part there is a middle ground, when two biomechanical beings of roughly equal size have at it we (for the most part) use humans as a baseline. That works because their physical attributes are roughly on the same level. When you toss in an entirely biological being that system suddenly gets thrown out of whack because now somebody has the rather distant advantage of having bionic arms and metal skin. Or even bones.

I do believe one of you is underplaying the role of biological muscle, which if trained enough (as is the case in warriors of all shapes) can push a sharp enough blade through metal. There is evidence IRL as to whether or not that is the case.

If it was just normal steel, sure. But even then you don't see people tearing through metal plate like it was normal skin.

Me? I always thought that muscles were the main biological component in the characters of Bionicle. It only makes sense given that the Great beings meant for them to maintain Mata-Nui, and hydrolics can only do so much when they are as small and focused as they are.

If that was the case than the ratio of mechanical components to biological would be a lot closer to 50-50. Most of that 15% is the brain and other vital organs. As far as needing muscles because mechanical components won't cut it? Prosthetic arms are estimated to be stronger natural ones within the next fifty years. The great beings are at least ten thousand years more advanced than we are, a one ton lift capacity should be pretty easy.

As for Tahu's two swords weighing several hundred pounds or whatever I saw said? Yeeeeaaaah no. Even in this weird fantasy world...nah.

I said that each one probably weighed a good hundred pounds. Admittedly that was off the top of my head and the number is probably somewhat lower, those things are massive. From the look of them at least an inch thick and are both crazy wide and longer than a Matoran is tall.

You need some serious arm strength to be twirling them around like he does.

Regardless, there's no real reason Wyrm wouldn't be able to drive a sufficiently stiff sword into a biomechanical being's chest armour, if we're playing a balanced game here, because that could happen in real life with armour and swords.

He might be able to get it in there, but certainly not as if it was just normal skin like with everybody else.

And, y'know, that whole "base line human norm" and "real physics" we use for the game to be playable and fair.

I already went over this in reply to Nato. Yeah we use that system, but it starts to break down when a character is made that is inherently outside of it.

One must also take into account the fact that, if their MU character eats for sustenance or has alluded to being born, or otherwise implied the existence of reproductive organs, it's significantly more organic that canon characters are.

Somewhat true. Canon characters can eat with their mouths, its just that simply absorbing the energy is more efficient. And less messy.

I'm inclined to agree with Nato here.

I mostly just feel that a character should not have the advantages of being organic while not having at least some of the disadvantages that go along with.

• Upvote 1

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

This will probably be the last profile I submit for a long time; I originally was going to only run four characters but an idea hit me and grew into a fifth.

Name: Minami Kyoushi-Amakusa

Species: Toa

Power/Weapon 1: Elemental Cloth: Minami is capable of creating, absorbing, and manipulating most fabrics and textiles, be they plant, hair, silk, or even synthetic based. Note that she can only manipulate processed material that can be roughly classified as "textiles"; she can't control the raw components.

Power/Weapon 2: Plague Dust: Minami can create and control illness-causing spores (essentially a weaker but faster-acting variant of Anthrax). Beings exposed to these spores will quickly develop the following symptoms: nausea, coughing, and skin rash. In small amounts this is merely an annoyance; however, if a being is exposed to large amounts of spores over an extended period of time, more serious symptoms (such as vomiting blood, skin lesions) could develop. Minami is immune to the effects of her spores.

Power/Weapon 3: Telepathy: the last vestiges remaining of her former psionic powers, Minami is capable of basic telepathic communication with others. Her power operates much like a Kanohi Suletu, allowing her to send and receive thoughts and images from others.

Appearance: Minami cuts a tall, but thin profile, appearing sort of frail at first glance. Ornate crystal armor covers her blue and gold body, and a golden mantle is almost always draped over her person. The image of an Iden on her face completes the look, with sickly green eyes, matching the color of her heartlight, shining from behind it.

Bio: The Kentoku Archipelago. A chain of islands in he midst of the endless ocean, it is home to the Dasaka Empire, a civilization entirely composed of Ce-Elementals, divided into large clans, each holding a certain measure of political clout. Minami belonged to the upper echelons of this civilization, being the ruler of her clan - Kyoushi, a clan of scientists and engineers. Succeeding her mother as Toroshu at a young age, she helped see the clan through troubled times, including several schisms within the clan as well as militaristic threats from her rivals.

Eventually, Minami and his clan would become embroiled in a civil war between the dominant clan, Umbraline, and one of their allies, Dastana. Taking Dastana's side, Minami commissioned a project that could potentially unlock new powers in her species, believing that it could give Kyoushi an advantage should they be forced to fight themselves. Desperate for results, she eventually performed tests on herself, with the hopes of enhancing her own psionic powers, or possibly gaining new ones.

The experiment... Sorta went wrong.

Instead of gaining psionic power, Minami lost it, receiving in exchange control over a seemingly useless power. However, Minami was undeterred, and performed more experiments on both herself and other volunteers, eventually unlocking the ability to control bioweapons. What happened next... Is a story for another time (though considering that Minami is here, it does end with her vanishing from her world).

Personality: focused, confident, and decisive. All these are qualities required of a leader, and all these are qualities Minami has learned well. Despite still having not quite reached adulthood, Minami presents a very mature and pragmatic image. Determined to not show any weakness in front of anyone, all her actions are measured, calculated, and planned so as to project a strong image to all those around. However, a good leader also cares for the people around her, so Minami isn't all iron; if she feels that she has no reason to mistrust an individual, she will treat them with warmth and friendliness. Even to her enemies, she will show small, strategic amounts of compassion.

Other: Minami used to be paraplegic; however, the experiments Minami performed on herself restored function in her lower body. However, her legs have yet to return to full strength, so she is more easily put off balance than most.

Got buried, so reposting here for posterity.

Thought I'd bring up a few of my own counterarguments for Wyrm. Yes, I see where you are coming from, Silvan, and I agree that Wyrm should not be as strong as a biomechanical being, but he can still do some decent damage.

From Wyrm's profile:

Wyrm was descended from a species of amphibious Rahi who emigrated to the half-sunken island of Mata Nui and evolved to a high level of sentience.

If Wyrm was an alien species from a world of completely organic beings (such as our own), he would have no reason to develop those stronger muscles. But his profile states he evolved from a Rahi. Why he became completely organic is confusing, but not much muscle mass should have been lost in the change. Of course, he would not need as much strength to move his lighter form, but the species should not atrophy as much as you propose. They still retain that protodermic muscle tissue.

War broke out, with the Vortixx, who'd had several hundred years to build up their arsenal, gaining the upper hand.

The Wyrm, more warlike then the majority of his peaceful brethren, formed a group of guerrilla fighters to hamper the Xian advance, arming themselves with the enemy’s weapons and using their knowledge of the swamps to their advantage.

Wyrm has been fighting Vortixx for years. Vortixx are considered biomechanical beings and possess the same protodermic armor as the other MU species. He couldn't exactly fight them if he lacked the strength to do any damage. If the species did not possess that strength, then Wyrm's muscle was gained though training, and his blade would be designed to pierce that armor.

Of course, lacking that armor, Wyrm would be far more vulnerable to the sharp blades and great strength of the MU beings. But if you read through our posts once more:

Mirror took three swings at Wyrm. The first was avoided entirely (considering it was a wild, blind swing, and he was under the influence of the disorientation, not that unreasonable)

The second:

the creature's own blade came slicing down, cutting into the scales of his forearm.

Perhaps not as much damage as was to be accepted, but I agree with Nato's analysis:

Well that comes down to the fact that Mirror was disoriented, had never fought underwater before, had a sword buried in his chest, and was swinging randomly at an enemy he couldn't even actually see.

Only later did Mirror...

...repeat his swing, now with all the force his pain-wracked, half-drowned body could manage.

A strike which was, for the most part, avoided by Wyrm, though...

it slashed across one of his legs, leaving a nasty gash on his thigh.

I would say that Wyrm was taking reasonable damage there. As far as what he was giving, perhaps I exaggerated the damage Mirror's armor took from simple slashes, but the stabbing was perfectly reasonable:

Still crouching close to the ground, The Wyrm kicked forward and stabbed his blade right at his foe's upper chest.

Perhaps he could not have cut through Mirror's armor with a regular stab, but he was using leg strength in addition to arm strength. The water is Wyrm's natural habitat. He knows how to move through it, so this was not just a desperate push as Mirror was doing.

The only part I find unreasonable about the fight was the disorientation spam, but I'm putting that aside. :P

Edited by Click
  • Upvote 2

If Wyrm was an alien species from a world of completely organic beings (such as our own), he would have no reason to develop those stronger muscles. But his profile states he evolved from a Rahi. Why he became completely organic is confusing, but not much muscle mass should have been lost in the change.

Just putting it out there that we know for a fact that in canon there were numerous entirely organic species in the Matoran universe as well as biomechanical ones. For example, the six species the Barraki were from were all entirely organic, so it stands to reason that there could be Rahi species that were also completely or mostly organic in nature.

And since, in canon, Rahi can't reproduce or evolve, I think I'm free to make up whatever rules I want regarding evolution, since The Wyrm is clearly from an AU that is entirely different to the canon universe. 

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Sorry, Silvan, but even in the movies, Tahu's swords aren't that ridiculously gigantic. I wouldn't put either of them at more than 15 pounds, myself.

And I don't see at all how Wyrm falls out of the norm we have. Sure, he's entirely organic. The musculature of the Glatorian is most likely going to be entirely organic as well, which would cause problems when we look at how even in canon they were able to fight really well against biomechanical beings. As for just punching through the armour like it's nothing more than skin - no MU being should be able to do that either, be it natural armour or anything extra, or else what's to stop them from just automatically going through Glatorian armour without any issue, when it likely won't be any thinner or thicker? Your entire argument here is basically undermining the balance put forth in the game by arguing that one entirely organic character - not the first of such we've had, and one who has actually had it in their backstory that they were from an AUMU and fought Vortixx and such - shouldn't be anywhere near strong enough to even compete with these other beings. That's inherently foolish.

Although, Nato, I don't recall the Barraki being entirely organic.

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

Tahnok growled, there wasn't enough time to test his theory. He melted part of the ceiling above them to drop a boulder down to block the incoming bolts and use as a shield, however temporary it was. Will that thing never cease this?! He started pushing the boulder torwards the source of the energy bolts.

Oh, that's right. How did you do that?

Although, Nato, I don't recall the Barraki being entirely organic.

Yeah.... I thought I'd read that somewhere, but I can't find anything on BS01 to confirm it, so I'll rescind that statement. 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

The Avsa can drain light too; that's what Vamprah kept trying to use, as did Lev's character back in Island of Pain. /personal experience. xP

Sounds good to me, though. ^^ Just wanted to put that note out there, because, well, first thing that comes to mind is super powered tuyet. xP

Regarding the light, would it be acceptable to use it in order to absorb physical light only (such as to darken an area), and not the moral kind? I wasn't planning on turning her into a vending machine that could grant others the power over Shadow or anything, but I just figured I'd ask anyway.

Missed this.

Wow, I really missed this. >>''

I thin that might work; not the typical usage, but it'd be a fair compromise, I think. =P

Name: Lefia

Species:Ce-Toa

Power/Weapon 1: Psi-Blade: Similar to the Mindarm dicipline of the Dasaka, Lefia can generate a telekinetic weapon of various sizes, shapes, etc, making it semi-visible via a psionic illusion. She can make two at a time, at most. She can only make weapons she can imagine or has seen before, and cannot make projectile weapons or weapons with many moving parts.

Power/Weapon 2: Charisma: By lacing her words with subtle Psionics, Lefia can convince just about anyone of anything. Strong-willed  beings can resist this, but due to the way the powers piggyback on the words, mental defenses are ineffective.

Power/Weapon 3: Psionic Occlusion: Using her powers, Lefia can prevent people from noticing her. Instead of true invisibility, she only becomes extremely obscure and hard to notice. When dueling with someone, the power can only make it much harder for the other fighter to see and respond quickly.

Appearance: Lefia is wiry and thin, with mostly gold armor. She is acrobatic and athletic.

Bio: Before Biofight, Lefia lived in a mostly utopian world, where all species lived together in harmony. There was still crime, of course, though. Lefia was an accomplished pickpocket, who used her Psionics abilities in certain ways so often that her secondary powers atrophied, leaving her with the three listed.

Personality/Other: Lefia is an excellent pickpocket, accomplished thief, and extremely good at talking her way out of things, assisted by her Charisma. She is very full of herself though.

Edited by The Manhunter

Kopaka, the coolest(Pun intended) Ko-Toa ever:

Comic_Blizzard_Blade_In_Use.png      

"If the fight had turned, Exann might be the one on the floor with Antidermis spurting out of him. This is how battle is. This is how life is." -Mar'jik, Corpus Rahkshi                                       

By melting the rock in the ceiling until it collapsed to the floor in a semi-molten boulder. (Thinking about it, it is rather hard to fragment anything at least semi-liquid by shooting it.)

waffleman2010.png

By melting the rock in the ceiling until it collapsed to the floor in a semi-molten boulder. (Thinking about it, it is rather hard to fragment anything at least semi-liquid by shooting it.)

But if the walls and the ceiling are the same material, how did that work when melting the walls didn't? =P

*Snaps fingers*

And since this has been Bionifeast in the Commercial Sector so far... :P

• Upvote 3

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

*Snaps fingers*

Organic in function, perhaps, but if a humanoid life form that's body was constructed entirely out of nanomachines instead of cells were to visit Earth, would we classify that as an organic being?

Just something to think about.

Missed this.

Wow, I really missed this. >>''

I thin that might work; not the typical usage, but it'd be a fair compromise, I think. =P

It's cool. :P

I just wanted to get most of this stuff cleared up before I started posting as her.

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

"Organic in function, perhaps, but if a humanoid life form that's body was constructed entirely out of nanomachines instead of cells were to visit Earth, would we classify that as an organic being?

Just something to think about."

Would that be alive though? I'd be more inclined to treat such a thing as a very complex robot.

• Upvote 1

But if the walls and the ceiling are the same material, how did that work when melting the walls didn't? =P

Well isn't it all rock? Considering what Tahnok Nuva can do, nothing short of a power that counters plasma blasts and pure heat control (i.e. ice) can stop him and Werl from melting it. Plus you did allow Werl to melt the floor earlier, and it is clear that somebody sent them on this quest on purpose. You made that clear be opening up the passage out in the first place.

Also, as a question to Anung Un Rama: Is the skull Spider the "broken Mask" the salesman threw away?

waffleman2010.png

IC Halmos

Was... Wait. Halmos' opponent redirected power towards him... That he never used. Putting the tazer back in his pocket, he fired a crystal at her head.

OOC: Fishy, I didn't use the tazer - I was just holding it. esides, if Halmos used the tazer, it would shock everywhere, way too fast to react. It would also effect him.

really hope that's not supposed to refer to fishers.

Well isn't it all rock? Considering what Tahnok Nuva can do, nothing short of a power that counters plasma blasts and pure heat control (i.e. ice) can stop him and Werl from melting it.

It seems to me like you're underestimating the amount of time it takes to melt rock....

Name: Lefia

Species:Ce-Toa

Power/Weapon 1: Psi-Blade: Similar to the Mindarm dicipline of the Dasaka, Lefia can generate a telekinetic weapon of various sizes, shapes, etc, making it semi-visible via a psionic illusion. She can make two at a time, at most. She can only make weapons she can imagine or has seen before, and cannot make projectile weapons or weapons with many moving parts.

Power/Weapon 2: Charisma: By lacing her words with subtle Psionics, Lefia can convince just about anyone of anything. Strong-willed  beings can resist this, but due to the way the powers piggyback on the words, mental defenses are ineffective.

Power/Weapon 3: Mental Shielding: As with all Ce-Toa, Lefia has nigh-impenetrable mental shields.

Appearance: Lefia is wiry and thin, with mostly gold armor. She is acrobatic and athletic.

Bio: Before Biofight, Lefia lived in a mostly utopian world, where all species lived together in harmony. There was still crime, of course, though. Lefia was an accomplished pickpocket, who used her Psionics abilities in certain ways so often that her secondary powers atrophied, leaving her with the three listed.

Personality/Other: Lefia is an excellent pickpocket, accomplished thief, and extremely good at talking her way out of things, assisted by her Charisma. She is very full of herself though.

I'm not sure anyone saw this.

Kopaka, the coolest(Pun intended) Ko-Toa ever:

Comic_Blizzard_Blade_In_Use.png      

"If the fight had turned, Exann might be the one on the floor with Antidermis spurting out of him. This is how battle is. This is how life is." -Mar'jik, Corpus Rahkshi                                       

I would respond to all the rebuttals, but I'm just really tired of all this arguing so I'm going to drop the entire thing.

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

Also, as a question to Anung Un Rama: Is the skull Spider the "broken Mask" the salesman threw away?

Yes. It's now sitting in a trash bin full of broken masks behind his desk.

He doesn't get many customers, so generally doesn't have to deal with broken masks, which means that he never actually empties the container, but it's filled up gradually over the years.

Unneeded but fun lore. :P

IC: Werl

"Hey. I got an Idea. Howsabout you lend me that mask so I can scout ahead, mabye find the source of the pulse bolts"

Not gonna work, by the way. Werl will find himself unable to use the mask. A decorative Kualsi is a decorative Kualsi.

Think of this: I'm not gonna let someone make a character that uses a bag full of rocks to smash people over the head as a weapon, then let them take rocks out of the bag to distribute to their friends as weapons.

But that'd be hilarious.

Edited by Anung Un Rama

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

Well isn't it all rock? Considering what Tahnok Nuva can do, nothing short of a power that counters plasma blasts and pure heat control (i.e. ice) can stop him and Werl from melting it. Plus you did allow Werl to melt the floor earlier, and it is clear that somebody sent them on this quest on purpose. You made that clear be opening up the passage out in the first place.

It isn't all the same type of rock; to melt the rock the walls and ceiling consist of, you'd basically need to fry yourself and Werl to a crisp in the process. The floor is different, but that was still a silly move, considering the fact that, you know, both would melt to it. =P Molten rock isn't water, after all, it's not chill. =P

And now after long preparation, I present this. This is based on a couple of things, but first of all, I wasn't kidding about his color. I had to figure out ways I could balance him, but I still think he's still a bit too strong. It's all up to the GMs though.

Name: Chroma the Painter (or just Chroma)
Species: Toa from another Universe

Power/Weapon 1: The Ability of the Paint (ONLY CONTROLS THE PAINT, not elemental control): (Burn, Hardening, Electrocution, Invisibility, Portal Creation, Wind, Stone, Healing, Nausea),
Power/Weapon 2: Weapons/Fighting Style/Attribute (Spiked Fists, Grenades, Bladed Rollerskates, Whip, Telekinesis, Staff, Hammer, Spear, Sword),
Power/Weapon 3: A Secondary for some (Staff, Mind Reading, Army)
Appearance: A normally translucent white Toa. He's made of the same material as other Toa, but has a special property of being translucent white. He is at the height of an average Toa and wields a decorative Avohkii that has no use either way because of his artistic abilities.

Bio: As a Matoran of supposedly no element, he was shunned. However, as an artistic Matoran, he quickly learned how to use paints and colors to make masterpieces that he kept to himself. Somewhere along the lines of his life, he found a Toa Stone and became a Toa. He’s just starting off learning the basics and trying to figure his powers (HE STILL DOESN'T KNOW), before he was whisked away to BIONIFIGHT.
Personality/Other: Male. Quick-witted, intuitive, creative, and intelligent are words to describe him. He loves art with a passion and fighting doesn’t give him an excuse to stop. He’s always testing and experimenting with new things and is always willing to share his ideas.

This is a list specifically detailed to his basic forms and describes how his paint powers work.

Paint Armor Shift Gaunlet

This power is so powerful it uses all slots. He is able to transmute himself into paints of the color of his choice by tapping and holding one or more of 9 buttons on his gauntlet. This allows him access to a special fighting style, ability, and even a different personality. However in those forms, he is limited to using paint and color of the choice he makes, and can only choose one form per round. He can also mix colors to create special forms but they must be discovered. He's also a new Toa so he has no fighting experience and must learn how to fight.

THE NINE BASIC FORMS

• Red: In this form, he has the "Fist Fighter" ability granting red sharp spikes on his fists. His paint has the power of fire, as in his paint is able to create the burning sensation, but doesn't actually burn/set alight. In this form he is battle hungry, brash, and strong, determined, passionate, and romantic.
  • Orange: In this form, he has the "Explosions Expert" ability granting the ability to make rocket-propelled grenades with a 2 meter radius. His paint has the power of metal, as in a layer of his paint on any object has the hardness of metal. He's enthusiastic, easily fascinated, excitable, determined, charismatic, and encouraging.
  • Yellow: In this form, he has the "Fast Feet" ability granting yellow bladed roller skates. His paint has the power of electricity, as in his paint is able to give the sensation of being electrocuted. He's joyful, happy, sociable, and energetic.
  • Green: In this form, he has the "Stealth Soldier" ability, which happens to be the most versatile color of his choices. He has a whip and a staff. His paint has the power of invisibility, his green color becoming transparent like looking at a greenscreen. However, as most greenscreen isn't removed well he has a weird shimmering and green outline. He's enlightened, intelligent, faithful, and defensive.
  • Blue: In this form, he has the "Mind Manipulator" ability, which allows for only telekinesis and mind reading. His paint has the power of portal creation, as in able to create doorways that he and others can access by painting on surfaces. However, the paint must match the size of the object, and there must be at least two openings in order to use. Think of the ability as a like a portal gun. He's trustworthy, loyal, wise, confident, intelligent, faithful, honest. Yet sometimes he can be manipulative.
  • Purple: In this form, he has the "Royal Ruler" ability, which gives him a staff and allows him to create an army of 3 one-foot miniature versions of himself to command. His paint has the power of wind, able to animate paint to blow foes away. He's noble, luxurious, and ambitious, and commanding.
  • Brown: In this form, he has the "Mallet Master" ability, which gives him a hammer. His paint has the power of Stone, as his paint can be made more dense and solid like rock and stone that can be thrown. He's honest, down-to-earth, and firm.
  • White: In this form he is given the "Spear of Healing" ability, which gives him a spear. His paint has the power of Health, as his paint has healing properties that affect cuts and minor wounds. He's good, perfectionist, and bright.
  • Black: In this form he is given the "Sword of Pestilence" ability, which gives him a sword. His paint has the power of Sickness, as his paint has poisonous properties that makes others nauseous and strong concentrations can induce vomiting. In this form he's formal, mysterious, and sometimes dark.
  • https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wwFi4CoBqmAe1Y_w_UCWhBV0UmCZfBaPejh0dHotgtA/edit?usp=sharing

I literally have a Google Sheets made just for listing the colors and certain combinations made. He's even got metallic paints, but doesn't have access to them.

Edited by ArcticFreeze17
  • Upvote 2

"Organic in function, perhaps, but if a humanoid life form that's body was constructed entirely out of nanomachines instead of cells were to visit Earth, would we classify that as an organic being?

Just something to think about."

Would that be alive though? I'd be more inclined to treat such a thing as a very complex robot.

Considering that the definition of the word "alive" covers pretty much everything that isn't inanimate and/or possesses the capability for even the most limited amount of awareness, an argument could be made that it might be, yes. The fact that in this case said being isn't constructed out of organic tissue would be somewhat irrelevant.

Edited by Timageness

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

Arctic... I can honestly say that is a really cool idea for a character. I was actually just considering a Toa of Color today, no joke. Interesting coincidence, no...? :P

I'm just not sure the powers are balanced enough. The way I understand it, each power set has: 

Power/Weapon 1: the paint ability: (Napalm, Hardening, Electrocution, Invisibility, Water, Wind, Stone, Healing, Nausea),

Power/Weapon 2: the weapon (spikes, grenades, "Fast Feet," Whip, Telekinesis, Staff, Hammer, spear, sword),

Power/Weapon 3: a secondary for some (Staff, Mind Reading, Army,)

As long as the general paint powers are taken away, it mostly seems balanced (though some powers could have a third slot, and the profile could be rewritten to make that distinction clearer). The one that stands out to me as being a little OP would be your "Royal Purple." Wind control and the staff are fine together, but the ability to summon twenty beings, especially in addition to those, probably isn't going to get past the GMs. Skull Carrier was stuck with three spiders, and they are nigh powerless.

Also, another thing you might want to clarify is if the paints feature actual elemental control or just the special paint abilities.

I suppose I just say this because I can't wait to see him in game. :D

I've made him a few years ago based on my horrible, unoriginal deviantart name. I just brought old docs and recreated him.

I'll do that. And I'll limit the army to three.

And I guess the Paint Shift ability is an element of its own.

My full character had overpowered reality shifting abilities with 3-D art, along with performance art based abilities, crafting, and artisan skills.

Edit: Might as well put this. It's got an incomplete list of combinations and powers.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wwFi4CoBqmAe1Y_w_UCWhBV0UmCZfBaPejh0dHotgtA/edit?usp=sharing

Edited by ArcticFreeze17

I think it's cool.

I had a similar idea before, wherein the colors my Co-Toa used would affect people via the power of suggestion. ie, purple and blue "bruises" would create pain sensations, painting someone's vision red or green might make them angry or sick.

Ever made a Toa of Dance?

Well isn't it all rock? Considering what Tahnok Nuva can do, nothing short of a power that counters plasma blasts and pure heat control (i.e. ice) can stop him and Werl from melting it.

It seems to me like you're underestimating the amount of time it takes to melt rock....

Well, maybe. Though I did mention in his bio that he can reach hot enough temperatures to literally burn the air. You guys did also overlook the whole Cafeteria incident where he flash-melted the tables and boiled the ground beneath a certain toa of gravity.

It isn't all the same type of rock; to melt the rock the walls and ceiling consist of, you'd basically need to fry yourself and Werl to a crisp in the process. The floor is different, but that was still a silly move, considering the fact that, you know, both would melt to it. =P Molten rock isn't water, after all, it's not chill. =P

Rock is a mixture of stuff, that is true, but all you have to do is find the melting point of that stuff. As for the frying part, Tahnok is a fire based bohrok, therefore he already had some resistance to flame. Given his exposure to Energized Protodermis, he should have excellent fire shielding. I sight the Biosector01 article for Tahnok's fire abilities. In Werl's case, I think a Toa of plasma, even one as strange as Werl, might have some resistance to heat, especially if he uses plasma shielding. Biosector01 has an article on Plasma abilities as well.

waffleman2010.png

Well, maybe. Though I did mention in his bio that he can reach hot enough temperatures to literally burn the air. You guys did also overlook the whole Cafeteria incident where he flash-melted the tables and boiled the ground beneath a certain toa of gravity.

Overlooking something, and ignoring something because it was impossible and ridiculous are two very different things. :P

Rock is a mixture of stuff, that is true, but all you have to do is find the melting point of that stuff. As for the frying part, Tahnok is a fire based bohrok, therefore he already had some resistance to flame. Given his exposure to Energized Protodermis, he should have excellent fire shielding. I sight the Biosector01 article for Tahnok's fire abilities. In Werl's case, I think a Toa of plasma, even one as strange as Werl, might have some resistance to heat, especially if he uses plasma shielding. Biosector01 has an article on Plasma abilities as well.

For all of your perusing of BS01, you seem to have overlooked one key fact. With the exception of high-level Rahkshi of that variation, heat resistance doesn't allow anyone to survive in lava. And molten rock is lava. 

IC Halmos

Was... Wait. Halmos' opponent redirected power towards him... That he never used. Putting the tazer back in his pocket, he fired a crystal at her head.

OOC: Fishy, I didn't use the tazer - I was just holding it. esides, if Halmos used the tazer, it would shock everywhere, way too fast to react. It would also effect him.

really hope that's not supposed to refer to fishers.

It was. I shall issue appropriate punishment soon. :P

Maybe Tahnok Nuva is made of dolomite?

Also, someone please send help... Too many... Characters.

Name : Oinez / Killer Queen

Species : Matoran / "Guardian Spirit"

Power/Weapon One : Another One Bites the Dust. Killer Queen is able to imbue an object* with explosive energy, the next person (aside from Oinez) to touch it will trigger the explosion. The size of the blast is directly related to the size of the object. A rock might be nothing more than a large firecracker, while a tree or large door could be equivalent to a sizable chunk of plastic explosive or TNT

*For balance reasons, this cannot be a living being

Power/Weapon Two : Sheer Heart Attack. Killer Queen creates a autonomous, heat-seeking bomb. The bomb resembles a small hand grenade with treads and a skull-like face. It will remain active and seek a target for approximately five minutes. Contact with a target will cause an explosion equivalent to a hand grenade and spew a napalm-like substance over a small area. Destroying the bomb will cause a smaller explosion. Nullifying it via water, ice or other non-destructive means will cause cessation of existence for the bomb

Power/Weapon Three : Stone Cold Crazy. At the cost of becoming visible and sealing it's bomb powers, Killer Queen is empowered physically to allow for hand-to-hand combat. This empowerment consists of a strength/speed boost akin to a Calix and a hardening of it's corporeal form, increasing durability

Appearance : Oinez is a beige-grey matoran of average height, possessing a slim, athletic build. He wears especially light armor, devoid of markings or unique artifacts. In fact, the key word to describe him would be "unnoticeable, background character," or "miscellaneous accountant or businessman." This is exactly the way he prefers it. He wears a powerless Akaku in a slightly darker shade than his armor. He possesses something his world refers to as a "Guardian Spirit" A ghostly apparition of a being that appears as they would, were they a Toa. This apparition can be summoned at will and interact with the world, physically or via it's powers. It is difficult to see for most, appearing as a faint heat haze or suspiciously thick area of empty space. Being solid, they are more easily viewed through a covering of other materials. For example, a cloud of smoke, dust, snow or splash of liquid would outline them quite clearly. Beings with echolocative capabilities could also see them, as could especially sensitive psionic or gravity elementals. The apparition has a short range, about five bio from it's owner at maximum and damage incurred to either the owner or spirit will be reflected unto the other

Bio : A normal office worker, hard worker and worthy of praise, but below and behind the notice of many. He prefers it this way. Oinez found his Toa Potential many decades ago, since then he has lived a quite and peaceful life. Other than the murders. Possessed of murderous tendencies and a lustful greed for hands and feet, Oinez has quietly terrorized his Metru-Nui as a serial killer. Cutting off and keeping the left hand or foot of his latest romantic partner until its eventual degradation, at which point he resumes the hunt.

Personality/Other : Oinez is quiet and polite. Definitely not the serial killer type. His only exemplary aspects are his obsession with maintaining a peaceful and uneventful life. He has gone to great lengths to maintain his way of life, eluding capture and persecution time and time again. He makes sure to never rank higher than 3rd place in any contest, to avoid unnecessary notice. As well as a tidy and organized home office, ensuring bills, debts and social minutiae are well attended to and kept regular and normal. In contrast to this, his Toa Potential is quite sadistic and cruel, sometimes overwhelming his more mild manners during combat or stressful situations

Edited by Tiragath
  • Upvote 3

...but close to it