Bionifight Infinite Discussion

Voltex

Come on Muaka, let's do this! 

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Teaser

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

The Wyrm is busy taking on Olari.

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

and just barley was able to get Lil' Blendy to pull her out of the way

Whoa there Ehks, I don't remember approving barley protection for Donri

That's an unfair advantage against grain-based Bo-Toa

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

Chroma really need to get approved though. But here's a fifth character. Oh for the love of Mata Nui why do I keep doing this to myself?
Points to anyone who gets the references I make here.

Now here's my take on a Toa of Dance.

Name: Dreidel
Species: Toa
Power/Weapon 1: Weather Control and via Dance - By dancing in certain ways he can bring about storm, snow, lightning, and tornado. i.e. Doing a rain dance brings rain, quick and fast paced dance moves bring lightning, etc.
Power/Weapon 2: Lightning Tops - With his Toa Powers of Lightning, he creates tops of lightning that he will fire at his opponents. These tops will move in a circular motion, on their own accord after being fired, to get to his target, making it harder to dodge. And that's the only thing he'll do with his element.
Power/Weapon 3: Retractable Wheels and Blades on his plated shoes - Turns his shoes into bladed rollerskates to spin, dance, and move faster. The blades were originally guardrails for his wheels but found blades more effective when he kicked a foe in the face.
Appearance: A tan and brown Toa with black plated shoes.
Biography: After a war between the Tribe of Dance and the Tribe of Song (those singers are crazy fighters, btw), he was praised as one of the heroes of his tribe when in one of the big battles, he shot tops at his opponents while spinning around to create tornados. He was practicing the techniques for a Hurricane when he was taken away for Death Battle BIONIFIGHT.
Personality: Upbeat and always spinning around. He's highly sociable and independent in his own right, preferring to also implement real martial arts into his dancing.

Edited by ArcticFreeze17

-IC:-

Hound was ecstatic when he sensed the movement of Olari; with a burst of speed, and a call of "Beings ahead, engaging!", the Denuian stormed through the water between him and Olari and Wyrm. Due to his vastly superior vision, he was able to recognise the Toa of Magnetism's sash and the team of her pursuer. His powered strokes granting him terrifying velocity, Hound surged into Wyrm, attempting to restrain / grapple with the being so that he could easily deal a killing blow.

OOC: Post very rushed, so I'm sure I missed something / made an erroneous assumption. I'll edit if that's the case.

Just so you're aware, The Wyrm and Olari are somewhere above the city. They were fighting in an alleyway, then she got hit with a disorientation spinner and started swimming upwards because she was using some shiny fish as a reference point. The Wyrm went after her. 

So unless Hound was looking directly upwards for some reason, I don't know how he could be seeing them. Also, The Wyrm is currently still using his chameleon powers to blend in with the water, so he isn't easily visible (although I'm not sure whether that effects his sash). 

Last I checked the sash will stay in place unless whatever power you happen to be using blocks it off from out people's vision. Like an illusion the you projected in front of it or bending the light in the area around you. Changes to the character should not prevent people from seeing the sash.

This should also include rocks and shiny red gems.

Edited by Silvan Haven

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

Oh? Well in that case Selox is totally useless right now. And since he doesn't know about the sash he's gonna end up waiting like that until someone goes close enough for him to notice that there are sashes. :P

Kopaka, the coolest(Pun intended) Ko-Toa ever:

Comic_Blizzard_Blade_In_Use.png      

"If the fight had turned, Exann might be the one on the floor with Antidermis spurting out of him. This is how battle is. This is how life is." -Mar'jik, Corpus Rahkshi                                       

Hound had been very careful as he entered neutral (or Muaka; it was hard to tell) territory, senses primed and mind focused on the activity at hand. Due to this, the movement of Olari and Wyrm was noticeable; with an emotion somewhere between bloodlust and ecstasy, Hound activated his powers and followed the two with a burst of speed (and a call of "Beings ahead, engaging!" for the sake of his allies).

Due to his vastly superior vision, he was able to recognise the Toa of Magnetism's sash as he grew close, and the combination of his other four senses made it more than clear that something stealthed was following her. His powered strokes granting him terrifying velocity, Hound surged into Wyrm, attempting to restrain / grapple with the being so that he could easily deal a killing blow.

Just read over Hound's profile; exactly how much faster can he go when his powers are active?

Since he's bigger (and therefore presumably heavier) than a Toa, and doesn't have any adaptations to make underwater movement any easier, I'm somewhat skeptical as to whether raw strength alone is enough to propel Hound fast enough through the water to catch up with Olari (who is using magnetism to propel herself), and apparently overtake The Wyrm (who is perfectly adapted to aquatic movement and combat), especially when one takes into consideration that both of them have had a two-post headstart before Hound noticed them. 

While boosted, the Denuian's speed and reflexes are boosted to such a degree that the world seems to slow, enabling dodges and manoeuvres that normally are restricted to Calix users, as well as bequeathing greatly improved speed (nowhere near the insanity of a Kakama, of course; once again Calix usage is the closest comparison).

A Calix, according to BS01 "allows its user to perform at the absolute peak of their natural physical abilities (such as executing seemingly impossible leaps, dodges, flips, etc.) so that they move and react better than almost any unenhanced member of their species", so apply that to a being around three meters tall, amplifying their innate ability to generate powerful locomotion.

I would imagine, and was working under the assumption, that a combination of increased speed and strength (meaning more strokes and greater power in those strokes, which should be able to drastically increase speed) would be very beneficial for a swimmer, but I'm definitely not sure if that's the case. I can edit the post and have Hound merely approach the two of them if you like, instead of initiating combat, but I'm not sure I understand why he wouldn't be able to reach them while under the effect of such a speed boost.

pNNgXax.jpg

No, I'm cool with that. Your argument seems reasonable to me. 

I believe I mentioned that illusion-based camouflage powers would extend to the sash as well; is Chameleon not covered by that?

Also, for those who have posted profiles in the past few days, sorry for the wait. We're looking at them now.

Edited by Anung Un Rama

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

I believe I mentioned that illusion-based camouflage powers would extend to the sash as well; is Chameleon not covered by that?

I don't know if chameleon is actually illusion-based.

So far as I understand, it involves physically changing the colouration of one's skin/armour/whatever. 

And now after long preparation, I present this. This is based on a couple of things, but first of all, I wasn't kidding about his color. I had to figure out ways I could balance him, but I still think he's still a bit too strong. It's all up to the GMs though.

Name: Chroma the Painter (or just Chroma)

Species: Toa from another Universe

Paint Armor Shift Gaunlet

This power is so powerful it uses all slots. He is able to transmute himself into paints of the color of his choice by tapping and holding one or more of 9 buttons on his gauntlet. This allows him access to a special fighting style, ability, and even a different personality. However in those forms, he is limited to using paint and color of the choice he makes, and can only choose one form per round. He can also mix colors to create special forms but they must be discovered. He's also a new Toa so he has no fighting experience and must learn how to fight.

Here's the simple list:

Power/Weapon 1: The Ability of the Paint (ONLY CONTROLS THE PAINT, not elemental control): (Burn, Hardening, Electrocution, Invisibility, Portal Making, Wind, Stone, Healing, Nausea),

Power/Weapon 2: Weapons/Fighting Style/Attribute (Spiked Fists, Grenades, Bladed Rollerskates, Whip, Telekinesis, Staff, Hammer, Spear, Sword),

Power/Weapon 3: A Secondary for some (Staff, Mind Reading, Army)

This is the complex list.

THE NINE BASIC FORMS

• Red: In this form, he has the "Fist Fighter" ability granting red sharp spikes on his fists. He has the power of fire, as in his paint is able to create the burning sensation, but doesn't actually burn/set alight. In this form he is battle hungry, brash, and strong, determined, passionate, and romantic.
  • Orange: In this form, he has the "Explosions Expert" ability granting the ability to make rocket-propelled grenades with a 2 meter radius. He has the power of metal, as in a layer of his paint on any object has the hardness of metal. He's enthusiastic, easily fascinated, excitable, determined, charismatic, and encouraging.
  • Yellow: In this form, he has the "Fast Feet" ability granting yellow bladed roller skates. He has the power of electricity, as in his paint is able to give the sensation of being electrocuted. He's joyful, happy, sociable, and energetic.
  • Green: In this form, he has the "Stealth Soldier" ability, which happens to be the most versatile color of his choices. He has a whip and a staff. He has the power of invisibility, his green color becoming transparent like looking at a greenscreen. However, as most greenscreen isn't removed well he has a weird shimmering outline. He's enlightened, intelligent, faithful, and defensive.
  • Blue: In this form, he has the "Mind Manipulator" ability, which allows for only telekinesis and mind reading. He has the power of portal making, as in able to create doorways that he and others can access by painting on surfaces. However, the paint must match the size of the object, and there must be at least two openings in order to use. Think of the ability as a like a portal gun. He's trustworthy, loyal, wise, confident, intelligent, faithful, honest. Yet sometimes he can be manipulative.
  • Purple: In this form, he has the "Royal Ruler" ability, which gives him a staff and allows him to create an army of 3 one-foot miniature versions of himself to command. He has the power of wind, able to animate paint to blow foes away. He's noble, luxurious, and ambitious, and commanding.
  • Brown: In this form, he has the "Mallet Master" ability, which gives him a hammer. He has the power of Stone, as his paint can be made more dense and solid like rock and stone that can be thrown. He's honest, down-to-earth, and firm.
  • White: In this form he is given the "Spear of Healing" ability, which gives him a spear. He has the power of Health, as his paint has healing properties that affect cuts and minor wounds. He's good, perfectionist, and bright.
  • Black: In this form he is given the "Sword of Pestilence" ability, which gives him a sword. He has the power of Sickness, as his paint has poisonous properties that makes others nauseous and strong concentrations can induce vomiting. In this form he's formal, mysterious, and sometimes dark.
  • https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wwFi4CoBqmAe1Y_w_UCWhBV0UmCZfBaPejh0dHotgtA/edit?usp=sharing

Appearance: A normally translucent white Toa. He's made of the same material as other Toa, but has a special property of being translucent white. He is at the height of an average Toa and wields a decorative Avohkii that has no use either way because of his artistic abilities.

Bio: As a Matoran of supposedly no element, he was shunned. However, as an artistic Matoran, he quickly learned how to use paints and colors to make masterpieces that he kept to himself. Somewhere along the lines of his life, he found a Toa Stone and became a Toa. He’s just starting off learning the basics and trying to figure his powers (HE STILL DOESN'T KNOW), before he was whisked away to BIONIFIGHT.

Personality/Other: Male. Quick-witted, intuitive, creative, and intelligent are words to describe him. He loves art with a passion and fighting doesn’t give him an excuse to stop. He’s always testing and experimenting with new things and is always willing to share his ideas.

I literally have a Google Sheets made just for listing the colors and certain combinations made. He's even got metallic paints, but doesn't have access to them.

Reposting with the minor of change of turning blue into a portal gun.

Very luckily for Wyrm, his Rhotuka struck the Denuian just as the massive being was about to turn his grapple into a spine-crushing squeeze. For a moment, the world seemed to invert, sending Hound's senses into a firestorm of stimuli and turning his movements into a great stillness; in reality, his nervous system was going haywire in response to the Disorientation power. As his right hand grew limp, Hound's left became a vise, mindlessly crushing whatever it was gripping. A low rumble escaped from the Denuian's throat, before transforming into a monstrous (albeit water-muted) roar.

The Rhotuka had certainly taken away Hound's ability to formulate an intelligent, nearly painless execution; however, it had also just turned the being grappling with Wyrm into an uncontrolled, uncoordinated frenzy of force.

Actually one of the mutations allowed sounds to actually be heard underwater, and perhaps even amplified. I think that's the case.

Edited by ArcticFreeze17

Pretty sure that anything with camouflage or chameleon in the description is more of a physical change to the body rather than something that uses energy based techno-magic.

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

I recently finished a MOC a while back when I picked up the G2 LoSS set, and while the concept's a little sparse at this time, I figured that I'd try to get her in here alongside Revenant (whenever that happens). Keep in mind that I'm merely testing the waters at the moment and checking the powers and backstory for approval, not an entire character.

Okay, so the basic idea is that the set we know of as LoSS is merely the guardian for what I'm dubbing the Queen "Mask" of the Skull Spiders (the golden Skull Spider mask), which tries to mentally manipulate other beings into putting it on so it can transform their body into something more suitable for propagating the species when their numbers begin to dwindle. The host then becomes more spider-like over time (but obviously before teleportation kicks in), growing extra limbs with poison glands and gaining the ability to cling to surfaces in addition to being able to create egg sacks that spawn extremely miniscule, infantile Skull Spiders, which could then be commanded to either form "solid" objects or to swarm and chomp through armor during combat via the use of pheremones. Eventually, however, as the spiders reach a certain level of maturity (a.k.a. the spiders we get with the rest of the G2 sets), they become resistant to this form of control and turn on the Queen, devouring the host body and leaving only the mask behind. Command then passes on to one of the new spiders, which then becomes the new guardian of the "Mask," thus renewing the cycle.

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

Also, for those who have posted profiles in the past few days, sorry for the wait. We're looking at them now.

What about Selox's shapeshift? I think we have some evidence that a Beterra shapeshift uses illusion, but it is not confirmed.

"If the fight had turned, Exann might be the one on the floor with Antidermis spurting out of him. This is how battle is. This is how life is." -Mar'jik, Corpus Rahkshi                                       

Marenders. Keep in mind that the backstory comes from a universe where the Toa are evil and try to take over Spherus Magma and the Great Being were correct in preparing for a tyrannical Toa uprising.

Name: Marendar Model #079 - Nitro

Species: Marendar

Power/Weapon 1: Transformation

[exe.Description]: Allows the transformation into designated form of Kaxium V3. Form allows for increase mobility and speed. Special optic sensors on the front, sides, and back of the Kaxium form combined with the Marendar program for strategic killing of Toa allows for the complex maneuvers and stunts.

Power/Weapon 2: Energy Wheel Launcher

[exe.Description]: Allows the firing of laser energy in the form of spiked wheels. Wheels will approach target with high velocity as expected of a laser weapon. Can be fired while transformed.

Power/Weapon 3: Anti-Element Defense Systems

[exe.Description]: Activates a defense mechanism designed to fight Toa. A source code made as a failsafe to turn off elemental powers in any Matoran/Toa/Turaga. However the code has to be fired at an opponent and only works for a couple of seconds.

Appearance: As Model #079 is designed to effectively chase after opponents, especially those with a Calix, Model #079's form resembles like that of other transforming beings. Components are red and black.

Background: Created after Great Beings and Agori were attacked by Calix wielders who were able to dodge almost every of the other Models. Gave designated name of Nitro for it's incredible speed. Model #079 was then put to work. Model #079 was signed up for Bionifight by the Great Beings. Was participating in a street chase pursuing Fire Toa with a Calix until he was teleported into Arena.

Personality: Model #079 has no person_ejlkdf;adfdERROR_ Like all other Models, a glitch allowed for more personality and freedom. He is daring, and his speed makes him reckless, often overriding his natural programming for caution and contingency. However, he does make sure to follow protocol to not harm Agori and the Great Beings. In Bionifight he has been reprogrammed not to target Toa immediately on sight and is kept that way as long as he is not in the arena.

Theme Song: Maximum Speed

Totally not based on something I've been playing recently.

Edited by ArcticFreeze17
  • Upvote 1

How does it see while in bike form? 

Marenders. Keep in mind that the backstory comes from a universe where the Toa are evil and try to take over Spherus Magma and the Great Being were correct in preparing for a tyrannical Toa uprising.

[exe.Name]: Marendar Model #079 - Nitro

[exe.Species_Name]: Marendar

[exe.Function_1]: Transformation

[exe.Description]: Allows the transformation into designated form of Kaxium V3. Form allows for increase mobility and speed. Can rival the reaction time/speed of Calix users.

[exe.Function_2]: Energy Wheel Launcher

[exe.Description]: Allows the firing of laser energy in the form of spiked wheels. Wheels will approach target with high velocity as expected of a laser weapon. Can be fired while transformed.

[exe.Function_3]: Anti-Element Defense Systems

[exe.Description]: Activates a defense mechanism designed to fight Toa. A source code made as a failsafe to turn off elemental powers in any Matoran/Toa/Turaga. This code is activated as a field effect that affects all aforementioned in a 10 bio radius.

[exe.Describe_Appearance]: As Model #079 is designed to effectively chase after opponents, especially those with a Calix, Model #079's form resembles like that of other transforming beings. Components are red and black.

[exe.History]: Created after Great Beings and Agori were attacked by Calix wielders who were able to dodge almost every of the other Models. Gave designated name of Nitro for the incredible speed. Model #079 was then put to work. Model #079 was signed up for Bionifight by the Great Beings. Was participating in a street chase pursuing Fire Toa with a Calix until he was teleported into Arena.

[exe.Describe_Personality]: Model #079 has no person_ejlkdf;adfdERROR_ Like all other Models, a glitch allowed for more personality and freedom. He is daring, and his speed makes him reckless, often overriding his natural programming for caution and contingency. However, he does make sure to follow protocol to not harm Agori and the Great Beings. In Bionifight he has been reprogrammed not to target Toa immediately on sight and is kept that way as long as he is not in the arena.

[exe.Theme_Song]: Maximum Speed

Totally not based on something I've been playing recently.

While a Mega Man-based character isn't bad...

Not approved, on the basis of the transformation and its reaction time stuff, and the Toa Power removal thing.

Also because we've had a profile temporarily disallowed on the basis of subtle disregard for the profile fields; so that's another thing too: If you want the coding thing, put it after the standard stuff.

Okay that's cool, but what about my previous two.

And I also changed him. I removed the anti-Calix stuff, and made a limitation on the Element Removal thing to make it like the ability of another character.

How does it see while in bike form? 

How does every other transforming character in all of fiction see?

Edited by ArcticFreeze17

Okay that's cool, but what about my previous two.

And I also changed him. I removed the anti-Calix stuff, and made a limitation on the Element Removal thing to make it like the ability of another character.

How do you... fire code? =P

Also, still catching up on the other profiles, but this was just a bit more eyecatching.

BUT THE RAINBOWS OF CHROMA. How was that not eyecatching? :P

And laser coding. You could fire code in the form of lasers. Like of data transfers through wires. Or should I make a wire that ejects to plug onto a person.

Edited by ArcticFreeze17

You're ignoring the question. Being a transformer and having increased speed while transformed is useless if your guy can't see while they're in Kaxium form. I don't think you're going to get away with it unless you explain how he sees.

You're ignoring the question. Being a transformer and having increased speed while transformed is useless if your guy can't see while they're in Kaxium form. I don't think you're going to get away with it unless you explain how he sees.

I would expect a camera on the front. :P

Special optic sensors on the front, sides, and back of the Kaxium form combined with the Marendar program for strategic killing of Toa allows for the complex manuveurs and stunts.

But seriously. If that question's the case, how does every Transformer see?

Edited by ArcticFreeze17

Technically is slightly does, as his build is intended to be similar to a Transformer.

Might just have to make a MOC in order to find out how he see for sure. So he may never actually appear in the arena yet.

Edited by ArcticFreeze17

But seriously. If that question's the case, how does every Transformer see?

This is irrelevant.

Special optic sensors on the front, sides, and back of the Kaxium form combined with the Marendar program for strategic killing of Toa allows for the complex manuveurs and stunts.

I don't see any mention of that in the profile. 

Special optic sensors on the front, sides, and back of the Kaxium form combined with the Marendar program for strategic killing of Toa allows for the complex maneuvers and stunts.

I don't see any mention of that in the profile. 

:mad: Why do I bother with making new characters? I'll add it to the profile but this discussion just sapped the fun of making him.

That seems a poor attitude to be taking when people are offering genuine constructive criticism to help you out. 

That seems a poor attitude to be taking when people are offering genuine constructive criticism to help you out. 

Sorry. The way how it was typed gave me the wrong impression. Sorta. And I was already riled up when An/A literally missed Chroma.

And the feeling from the way it was typed was vague to me. So take that for what you will.

Edited by ArcticFreeze17

I fail to see how getting nitpicky about his vision develops a better character, to be honest. He sees because he does, is that so difficult to accept? Would you have questioned it if I had submitted this character?