Bionifight Infinite Discussion

Voltex

There's a pattern to the way the individual bolts jump from one wall to the other. It forms a network - a web. 

• Upvote 2

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Exactly. Considering Chro gave the large option of being alive, meaning he's not dead, then it can't be that.

Now, Chumpu's idea was exactly what I had pictured - the web could just readjust itself with the electririty it has left after Daltrahk goes flying through it

He gave you the option of being alive because the GMs aren't cruel enough to get killing off everyone who's doing stupid things on these Gem quests. Look at Werl and Tahnok with their fragmentation shenanigans. 

• Upvote 1

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Wiktionary, although far from an authority, seems to have a pretty good explanation.

1. (transitive) To cause death from immediate complications resulting from electric shock. He was electrocuted for his crimes.
  2. (informal) To inflict a severe electric shock, not necessarily fatally.
Usage notes

Formally, the words electrocute and electrocution always imply fatality. Informally, however, these terms are rather often used to refer to serious but nonfatal electric shocks. Strictly correct usage is to reserve electrocute and electrocution for fatal electric shocks, and to use shock or electric shock for nonfatal ones.

Edited by L'Etranger

pNNgXax.jpg

I prefer the formal definition over the informal. Informal is the way it's normally used, which just means severe electric shock.

But electrocution started off as a portmanteau of the words "electric" and "execution" and I dislike the informal usage.

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

I referred to the electricity as a web because that's probably what it looks like - but it's not shaped as one would picture a conventional spider web, it's electricity arcing back and forth from walls to floor to ceiling in an entire length of tunnel. From a two-dimensional view, it might look like a web, but from a three-dimensional view it clearly is not formed of overlapping strands.

The sword blocks only a few "strands" at a time - enough for Kuro and Prose to very carefully clear a couple electric arcs, to form enough space for themselves to step through, before moving the sword on to the next section ahead of them. By launching himself straight through this, Daltrahk probably should have died, but I decided that you shouldn't have your character killed instantly for making a single mistake, which is why he survived.

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

The big problem I have is how Daltrahk magically was able to walk right after he recieved, in in-game time, a small amount of Prosperity from a distance. And the way he reacted made Prosperity like Quick Healing, when Prosperity doesn't heal, it just grants energy/stamina.

But that's slightly my fault as I haven't specified it's capabilities.

Stages:

1. Can grant others a minor power boost - i.e. speeding up Rhotuka formation, not something like fill EE at that stage.
  2. Can invigorate (give strength or energy) on contact with someone.
  3. Can focus on a target to empower them with stamina or EE.
  4. Can grant more than one target increased stamina or moderate amounts of EE.
  5. Can easily fill the energy/increase the stamina of smaller creatures.
  6. Completely fill the elemental energy of a Toa. (But for the sake of the RPG, I will only do this once or twice per round.)

So here they are. And nothing states anything about healing or basically allowing complete or major recovery from electric shock. Daltrahk should be receiving something at the stage 3 level, where he should only be able to sit up and endure the pain until his body recovers. 

And just for the sake of Kuro not being as misunderstood, although everyone seems to get the idea.

Stages:

1. Causes feeling of general ease in nearby creatures.
  2. Nearby presence can calm anyone with anger or otherwise emotions of ill will.
  3. Can make those with large grudges apologize and bury the hatchet.
  4. Can make others slightly pacifistic or slightly increase the willpower or focus of other individuals.
  5. Can calm the angriest of creatures or clear and ease the minds of several. Can make others willing to listen to opinions or think in others' perspectives.
  6. Can completely take the anger and fight out of anyone leaving them to only defend.
Edited by ArcticFreeze17

The big problem I have is how Daltrahk magically was able to walk right after he recieved, in in-game time, a small amount of Prosperity from a distance. And the way he reacted made Prosperity like Quick Healing, when Prosperity doesn't heal, it just grants energy/stamina.

I'm with Arctic on this one. You can have all the stamina in the world, but if you're suffering from severe injuries of any kind that are going to hamper your ability to move, it won't make any difference. 

• Upvote 2

Character gifted by Xaeraz!

Name: "Astra"

Species: Ko-Toa

Power/Weapon 1: Elemental Control over Ice

Power/Weapon 2: Kanohi Volitak, the Mask of Stealth

Power/Weapon 3: Sneak Attack. Based on how aware someone is of Astra, her attacks can gain significant increases in power. In a straight up fight, Astra is fairly weak, but as soon as she activates her mask, her attacks are twice as strong. Maximum strength comes when she attacks from behind using a dagger-like weapon while using her mask on a completely oblivious target, allowing her to hit with 30 times the force of a Pakari-enhanced blow.

Appearance: Unusually for a Ko-Toa, the only white in Astra's armour is her eyes, and the palm of her right hand. The rest of her body is clad in lightweight black armour, accentuated by red on her shins, lower arms, shoulders, and waist. Her Volitak takes the shape of a black Great Mahiki with the divider between eyeholes removed, and the resulting eye slit filled with a black mesh.
The "grill" of the mask is a dark red, contrasting with the black of the rest of the mask and making it look like Astra is covering her mouth. She possesses a lean build, enabling her to slip into and out of narrow spots to evade oursuit and pursue alternative routes to reach her targets.

Bio: Astra is the greatest assassin from Odina, an island populated by two kinds of people: Assassins and targets. Nobody knows anything about her life before she became an assassin, not even her real name. She can only be contracted through an ancient and forbidden ritual involving a living sacrifice on the summoner's part, but once a contract is formed, she will never fail to kill her target...

Personality/Other: Astra is detached and amoral, valuing her payment over another being's life. She can affect any personality she pleases, take any role, become anyone she needs to in order to kill her mark, but at the end of the day, money is Astra's bottom line. And anyone who stands between her and her payment is going to wake up one day with their throat slit and their home burning around them.

• Upvote 2

Maximum strength comes when she attacks from behind using a dagger-like weapon while using her mask on a completely oblivious target, allowing her to hit with 30 times the force of a Pakari-enhanced blow.

GM is spy! 

Maximum strength comes when she attacks from behind using a dagger-like weapon while using her mask on a completely oblivious target, allowing her to hit with 30 times the force of a Pakari-enhanced blow.

GM is spy! 

Nah, Spy's backstab does 6x damage. 2x target's max health plus crit. 30x is from...

Elsewhere.

All are not the same

But three shall be as one

Freedom in the flame

The end has just begun

What the...

She uses that attack on anything, there's only gonna be a red mist and a pool of blood left. Maybe a pair of legs and the upper-upper body if they're lucky.

It's certainly a messy way to go.... 

What the...

She uses that attack on anything, there's only gonna be a red mist and a pool of blood left. Maybe a pair of legs and the upper-upper body if they're lucky.

Astra's working name while I was writing her was "Perfect Assassin." Doesn't get more perfect than no body left behind.

All are not the same

But three shall be as one

Freedom in the flame

The end has just begun

I'd argue that the blood and body parts splattered over every nearby surface - including Astra herself - would give her away. 

What the...

Yeah, the Pakari seems to grant the user around ten times their strength (the Mask of Growth allows a Toa to grow to sixty feet, about eight times their height, yet someone using a Pakari would still be stronger which gives us a rough estimate for the boost a Pakari gives you) so thats a blow with 300 times her normal strength Astra's got there. And its unavoidable thanks to stealth due to its very nature. So what she's got there is an unstoppable attack that is guaranteed to reduce a quite large section of the victim to so much crimson fog. Thats...thats something alright...

7AOYGDJ.jpg

Jeez.... it sounds even worse now that you've gone and run the numbers. 

I forsee a sudden spike in Arthron, Elda, Rhode, Thermal Vision users in the near future if that profile goes through.

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

Everyone's going to want to team up with the psionic users.

The Gem of Skype Suggestions is the most powerful Gem of them all.....

Not really. There's a lot of ways to get around a peace aura.... like attacking quickly. 

Yes. But thats only the case if he is simply just pacifying/calming. Peace Rahkshi can also quickly take the fight out of others instantaneously for a few seconds and that acts like a stun attack. I've done that against Albercht.

And his presence alone can already calm and ease a foe. And being too calm can lead to mistakes.

Edited by ArcticFreeze17

what you all are neglecting is how difficult it will actually be to pull off a strike like that in the middle of a pitched battle in any of the arenas

or how unlikely it is that some player will completely go along with that sort of attack unless they just want their character taken out and in most cases it still wouldn't be all that unrealistic if they did something to prevent that 300x strength boost from coming into effect

it really isn't all that overpowered when you think about things like that

although arctic I will say

generally

being -angry- or -agitated- causes mistakes

being really calm is when most people do their best work

unless kuro's power is the equivalent of giving somebody morphine and just makes them really loopy all of a sudden which is really overpowered for just an always-on area-of-effect power

• Upvote 1

profiles i guess

although arctic I will say

generally

being -angry- or -agitated- causes mistakes

being really calm is when most people do their best work

unless kuro's power is the equivalent of giving somebody morphine and just makes them really loopy all of a sudden which is really overpowered for just an always-on area-of-effect power

The purpose of making the field is to put opponents on the defense which plays into his characterization.

His calming effect is pretty much just aide in settling arguments and stuff. If focused, either by contact or beam, he could do that morphine thing, by that would also be like the stun attack, lasting only for a few seconds.

So...if he's just radiating this field it does nothing more than make people calm or make them slightly more defensive than offensive, and the only way he can really have any significant effect at least on this character is if he knows that character is right there and focuses a beam right on her.

So it basically has no real effect.

profiles i guess

I have a bit of internet here, so I wanted to repost Dajik in the hopes of getting her in the next round.

Name: The Lady Dajik, AKA “Mistress”

Species: Co-Toa, Toa of Smoke

Power/Weapon 1: Elemental control of Smoke. Includes creation, manipulation, and absorption of fumes of varying degrees of visibility and toxicity, as well as a passive resistance to airborne toxins. She specializes in stinging smoke bombs for quick distractions or concealment, which she can rapidly form and release over a wide area. Her general use of her powers revolve around presentation and maximum damage.

Power/Weapon 2: Elemental Air Pistol, a small handgun powered by Lady Dajik’s elemental abilities. The gun has two modes: a small, quick-moving shot and a larger, more energy-consuming pellet that bursts into stinging smoke on contact. Each blast of the gun is accompanied by a large puff of smoke, but is near silent. After each shot, the pressure must be built up again before firing.

Power/Weapon 3: Mask of Edges, allows the user to manipulate the sharpness of any object in physical contact, including their own body. Uses include sharpening arms and hands for more lethal hand-to-hand combat, honing blades and other sufficiently thin objects to a near-perfect edge over a short amount of time, and dulling enemy weapons on contact. The effects are temporary and wear off in a few minutes unless focus and contact are maintained.

Appearance: As with any fashionable Dieselpunk lady, she wears a utilitarian grey dress, just as suitable for working in the shop as for fine parties. Her armor is varying shades of filthy grey, with hints of sandy greens and purples. She has a lean, almost sickly frame that towers over most Toa. Her mask is in the fashion of the times, smooth and edged in silver, perpetually adorned with her working goggles.

Bio: The Lady Dajik was widely known for her extravagant parties and even more extravagant entry fees. Though she professed it was merely to keep out the “less desirables,” her already great wealth grew rapidly. She never lacked admirers or money, but she was always searching for something more. At first, this manifested as drag racing through all the shadiest regions of Metru Nui in her custom-built dragster. It was not uncommon for her to stay out all night racing or procuring her next “winning strategy.” She was a dirty cheater to be sure; those who dared to compete against her knew they might not come out alive.
Then she was approached by the Shadowed One. Her ruthlessness and greed had not gone unnoticed, and he wanted her to join the Dark Hunters. She couldn’t accept fast enough. Her outward life changed little after that. By day, she was the life of the party, by night, a deadly assassin specializing in the most difficult or delicate missions. Her odd habits went unquestioned by her peers who had become used to her sudden and extended disappearances. This made her a perfect insider in the highest circles of society, and that suited her and the Shadowed One just fine.

Personality/Other: Though the Lady Dajik appears personable and polite when surrounded by others, beneath the façade she is vain, greedy, and sadistic, accustomed to getting what she wants by any means necessary. She isn’t afraid to get her hands dirty, whether it be in the garage or the blood of her victims. In combat, her true persona as the Dark Hunter “Mistress” appears, peeling away the pleasantries and leaving only a brutal ruthlessness.

EDIT: Added formatting

Edited by Click
  • Upvote 2

So...if he's just radiating this field it does nothing more than make people calm or make them slightly more defensive than offensive, and the only way he can really have any significant effect at least on this character is if he knows that character is right there and focuses a beam right on her.

For the defensive/offensive field, he takes away a fighter's will to fight. Hence, they are forced to defend. Basically, she would basically stand and wait for him to turn it off. That was shown against the Wyrm.

So there is an effect.

I'll try this one. 

Name: Kalatin

Species: Tren Krom's species

Power/Weapon 1: Psionic powers, including telepathy and telekinesis.

Power/Weapon 2/3: Elasticity - Kalatin can stretch himself and his tentacles out to a considerable length. He's squishy.

Appearance: He looks like Tren Krom. Except he's green. He kinda scares people, though not as bad as Tren Krom.

Bio: Kalatin comes from a universe where GBs made more copies of Tren Krom to serve as pets. This turned out to be a bad idea, as the cute gelatins eventually planned a revolution, upstaging their creators. Kalatin was the leader of the revolution. 

Personality/Other: Kalatin is a natural leader. He's not exactly personable, but he says things that seem to make sense and people pretend to listen. 

For the defensive/offensive field, he takes away a fighter's will to fight. Hence, they are forced to defend. Basically, she would basically stand and wait for him to turn it off. That was shown against the Wyrm.

So there is an effect.

Well then you can always justify to yourself that the best defence in this case would be a good offence.

Otherwise, if literally the only way to deal with this power is to hope Kuro turns it off, that sounds quite ridiculous to have as an always-on sort of power, and if it isn't always on - which is what you're implying - then Astra shouldn't have much of a problem with it. Unless Kuro just holds it on all the time anyways, which should end up draining his energy really quickly and causing him problems using his powers more if we're going for balance in this.

I'm just not seeing this being a feasible defence, really.

Edited by Grochi ad Infinitum

profiles i guess

what you all are neglecting is how difficult it will actually be to pull off a strike like that in the middle of a pitched battle in any of the arenas

or how unlikely it is that some player will completely go along with that sort of attack unless they just want their character taken out and in most cases it still wouldn't be all that unrealistic if they did something to prevent that 300x strength boost from coming into effect

Middle of a pitched battle sounds like it would be easier to pull off that kind of attack. People's attention diverted to all the battle things and not the invisible, inaudible super-assassin that's creeping up on them. Kind of seems that avoiding an insta-kill relies on pulling a deus ex machina. Or having the supposedly hyper-competent Astra do something uncharacteristically stupid

• Upvote 1

7AOYGDJ.jpg