Bionifight Infinite Discussion

Voltex

I can't wait to read the Skype drama. I expect at least three thousand messages by the time I'm home!

Skype Drama has been handled. We're planning the next skype character instead now.

• Upvote 2

All are not the same

But three shall be as one

Freedom in the flame

The end has just begun

After having a night to think things over, I now realise that something I did yesterday, which at the time I thought to be a reasonable reaction to the situation, was in fact an incredibly stupid thing to do.  

When I read in the Arma Virique Skype chat that, after a week of doing pretty much nothing, they had suddenly decided to launch a devastating and coordinated attack on the center, I made the assumption that it was a metagamey response to the players in the center getting their hands on a special weapon only a few hours earlier, that they were intending to use against the jungle.

Instead of raising my concerns with a staff member or the players involved, I panicked and rushed off to inform the Blindside players that an attack was incoming - something that was already obvious to most of them - and encouraged them to start moving reinforcements into place, which didn't end up occurring anyway. 

I would like to formally apologise to Krayzikk and the other players involved for my actions. We all make mistakes, and I'd like to hope that we can put this mess behind us and continue RPing on amiable terms. 

• Upvote 6

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Teaser

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

The situation in the War Games has been dealt with; I will be making a post in the discussion topic regarding it later. For now, the affected players from Blindside have been penalized and will be making the changes that I requested as soon as possible.

• Upvote 2

THE BIG POST OF THE AFTERMATH

(WITH BIG FONT)

Recently, Arma Virique posted a massive ambush on the Royal Blindside forces stationed around the Special Weapons spawn point. This attack has since been a topic of severe - and degrading - debate. The integrity of several players has been called into question; some have admitted to metagaming, while others remain, at this point, either unfairly accused or the victims of poor wording.

The attack was planned by several members of Arma Virique ahead of time, with permission given to one player to post the entire assault in order to save time and accurately depict the teamwork at play. It involved a devastating barrage of ammunition being emptied into the area around the Special Weapons spawn point. I will not name specific members (not that I need to anyway); however, within the skype chats of the armies, there was information transferred between Arma Virique and Blindside without the knowledge of the players from Arma Virique. Leaking information from one army to another like this is unacceptable, and I had hoped that you would all hold yourselves to a higher standard than this.

While nothing can be done now about the information that was leaked, we will be taking measures to prevent it from happening again:

• In all future team rounds, all characters belonging to the same player shall be placed on the same team.

• If word reaches the staff that information has been leaked to the opposing team, we will be taking one power slot away from every single character of the leaker, as well as stripping them of any Ultimate Weapons or Infinite Gems. There may be other consequences depending on the circumstances.

Tying into the leaking of information is the fact that several members of Blindside knowingly planned against what should have been a sneak assault, attempting to metagame themselves to safety. While they have acknowledged that they are at fault, an additional penalty is being given. Of the Blindside characters gathered around the Special Weapons spawn:

• Maglev, Aeolin, Antiro, and Zephyr remain KO’d.

• Xara, Prose, and Yoko are also being KO’d as a penalty.

• Xaeraz, Turbo, and Arkrax will all take significant damage as a penalty. Should these three fighters make it back to their Control Room alive, they can be healed if the materials or powers are available.

Should we catch players metagaming in such an organized fashion like this in the future, the same punishment noted above (you know, the whole power slot one) will be put in place for any players involved.

Several members took to the Skype chats to try and resolve the issues; during this time, several tempers ran high. Members ganged up on each other or insulted other members, both accidentally and on purpose. We would like to re-iterate our expectations for the Skype chat, as we originally declared them in this post:

(Reposting from chat with some minor edits for context)

So, after last night in skype chat, I think we need a little ground rule...

Namely, we need to treat everyone in the game, and chat, with respect. I'm not saying to not call people out when they're being silly, but rather, to not yell at them for ten minutes straight, in all caps, or the like.

While I don't like to have to do this, if we can't keep to that, then it'll be a three strike thing, and if someone hits three strikes, then they'll be removed from the chat for a while... Joking is fine and all, but I don't want to see the chat and such become a toxic place for people.

We are adding one strike to everyone who participated for this incident. And just so we’re clear - if anybody hits three strikes, “awhile” actually means “we will not be allowing you back in”.

Let’s keep Skype a friendly, mature place, please and thank you.

MOVING ON to the staff of the RPG (for those of you who are sadly misinformed, the staff are myself, Xaeraz, Ehks, and Blade). There was an unfortunate breakdown in communication between the staff while this whole ordeal was occurring, and we would like to sincerely apologize for that. I made some rather blasé comments towards the issue that were in poor taste, not knowing that the other staff involved with the issue had in fact given it to me to go over last night while I was away. I failed to make sure that I did not miss any staff communications; they failed to make sure that I was, in fact, informed. We have taken the necessary steps to resolve this issue and it shall not occur in the future, barring unforeseen circumstances.

Well that’s all for now. The above was put together and agreed upon by all four staff, and as head staff, I got the honor(?) of posting it.

Let’s all cool off a bit, and avoid perfectly easy to avoid situations like this one in the future.

Edited by Lucina
  • Upvote 6

Several members took to the Skype chats to try and resolve the issues; during this time, several tempers ran high. Members ganged up on each other or insulted other members, both accidentally and on purpose. We would like to re-iterate our expectations for the Skype chat, as we originally declared them in this post:

That sounds sorta inaccurate yo.

Why was Prose KO'd as penalty? Arctic isnt even an active person on all these nefarious Skype chats.

Because if one person (me) screws up, the whole team must pay the price....

Edited by Locus

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Teaser

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Why was Prose KO'd as penalty? Arctic isnt even an active person on all these nefarious Skype chats.

That is really stupid.

The entire thing is blown way too big anyways and those punishments are heavy handed. YOU staff could have defused this if you had better communication, as you yourself noted. I don't know which players have been punished, but if it's someone like Nato or Click, then it is especially stupid as guys like them have followed the rules and spirit of the game to a T before this one incident. Said incident doesn't even have far reaching consequences. Certainly not as far as the punishment goes. Nato apologized and has shown genuine regret over this anyways, so anyone still mad at him needs to get the ###### off their stupid high horse.

So yeah, in closing this whole thing was stupid and badly handled, by staff and players. So punishing people past their PCs getting killed in the round is indescribably stupid and punishing people like Arctic who have NOTHING to do with it is even stupider.

EDIT: I guess no one is getting power slots taken away. Thank you Silvan for clarifying that, but everything else and my general tone here is staying the same.

Edited by Tiragath
  • Upvote 7

...but close to it

This still seems slightly unfair. It also doesn't help that I'm reduced to breezing through these forums mostly as of late.

EDIT: Ninja'd.

Last post for now. Nighty night.

Edited by ArcticFreeze17

I would just like to come out an apologize as well. Nato warned us the attack was coming, though as he said, many of us had an idea. And it should have gone no further. I rationalized that just something small would be fine, and it all just blew up from there. I was the one who said we could do it, and I was the one that made the posts that led to this incident. And I'll admit, I was just as much a participant in the mess that followed in Skype. And so, I apologize. I'd willingly submit to the punishments given, though I too would like to excuse Arctic from this. He had no knowledge of this incident, and I would hate to watch everyone else suffer because of a dumb mistake of mine.

I assure you, I've learned my lesson, and this will not be happening again.

• Upvote 5

Name: Gyro

Species: Autonomous Combat Drone (Prototype)

Power/Weapon 1: Hyper-Kinetic Plating- Gyro is covered with plates on hydraulics, and is able to curl into a ball, where all the plates are positioned and can interlock and form a perfect sphere. The plating absorbs and dissipates all kinetic force directed at it by 'rippling' at the molecular level until the ripples are played out. This only works when in a complete, unbroken sphere, where Gyro can only move by using his own internal gyroscope or by using forces beyond his control, like attacking forces. Gyro can extend and retract plates at will, and is able to use them to quickly roll around, or extend his plasma blasters. This plating offers no resistance whatsoever to energy attacks, which may damage the plating enough to null the protective features of the hyper-kinetic plating. Gyro's sensors are sophisticated enough to not be blind when retracted into sphere mode.

Power/Weapon 2: Plate weaponry- when in humanoid form, Gyro can form the plates on his left arm into a crude buckler useful for deflecting blows, and the plates on his right arm into a short blade formed of two straight, bladed plates.

Power/Weapon 3: Wrist-mounted plasma blasters- On each of Gyro's wrists are a dual-barreled plasma blaster. It is capable of rapid-fire, and can spin to be used in Sphere mode as a pursuit weapon.

Appearance: Gyro is a humanoid combat drone, approximately Toa-sized. Gyro's entire body is covered with plating on two servos that allow it to move the plates independently. His head resembles that of an ant, but lacks mandibles, and is otherwise smooth, and with two plate-servos serving as antennae. He is primarily white and silver, with a bit of blue for his glowing parts, such as his eyes, lights on his limbs and chest. In his chest cavity, there is a spinning gyroscope. When in sphere mode, the sphere is entirely white, with lines that indicate that it is assembled.

Bio: Gyro was a prototype assassin, which utilized an unstable AI. After he was hacked by some of his targets, he gained a crude 'morality' module. He no longer wished to fight for others' commands, but for his own beliefs. He was appointed a covert operative, and hunted down his inventors before they could make more like him.

Personality/Other: Gyro is technically genderless, but prefers male pronouns. He is cold and ruthless, but not without an itch of morality; his awakened AI allows him to evaluate a situation and rely on his own judgement rather than his pre-programmed combat protocols. His synthesized voice is to-the-point, but somewhat soft in its inflections.

Reblob. Also, mech profile for Skorm!

Mech Name: Sundown Panthera

Pilot Name: Skorm

Power/Weapon 1: Tail laser blades- Mounted on an extremely flexible tail is a pair of laser blades that can ignite into dual-sided axe-shaped straight blades.

Power/Weapon 2: Cordak Autocannon- Mounted at the mech's front left shoulder is a prototype Xian belt-fed cordak launcher. It is fully automatic and is capable of independant tracking, allowing a fuller range of movement. The feeder belt, however, is a structural weakness, but since the Cordak mini-missiles are not primed until they are fired, a failure is not overly catastrophic.

Power/Weapon 3: Bifurcation- As Skorm is capable of splitting into two entities, he can do so in the cockpit of the Sundown Panthera. Down the middle is where it splits, each half having two legs; the front has the slower front legs, while the back has the slightly more agile digitigrade back legs. The front half, piloted by Sko, is a slow and relatively sturdy walker that relies on the cordak autocannon for attack. The back half, piloted by the more aggressive Orm, is faster than the front, keeping some of the agility of the full mech. The tail splits down the middle and becomes two 'arms', and are capable of using the laser blades for quick slashing attacks. In bifurcated form, neither form shares the mobility or speed the full mech makes use of. In addition, it retains the weakness of Skorm using his mask: if either is killed, the other dies with him. They are, however, in radio contact, for better or worse.

Appearance: Sundown Panther is a quadrupedal Rahi-pattern mecha, fashioned after a sleek panther, hence the name. It is constructed of a protosteel frame with Xian steel armor, significantly lighter and more flexible, but less protective. It is equally silver and gunmetal. The tail is an extremely flexible metal, allowing for incredible control when using the tailtip laserblades.

Other: Built for speed and mobility over protectiveness, the Sundown Panthera is an impressive mecha; its melee and long-range capability make it a dangerous foe. Skorm controls it via a combination of neural linkup and traditional controls; Orm retains the neural controls for the 'slicer' half, and Sko the manual controls for the 'shooter' half. All configurations possess a somewhat limited viewscreen, but the head is flexible enough for Skorm to retain a decent amount of battlefield awareness.

The times, they are a-changing...

Name: Gyro

Species: Autonomous Combat Drone (Prototype)

Power/Weapon 1: Hyper-Kinetic Plating- Gyro is covered with plates on hydraulics, and is able to curl into a ball, where all the plates are positioned and can interlock and form a perfect sphere. The plating absorbs and dissipates all kinetic force directed at it by 'rippling' at the molecular level until the ripples are played out. This only works when in a complete, unbroken sphere, where Gyro can only move by using his own internal gyroscope or by using forces beyond his control, like attacking forces. Gyro can extend and retract plates at will, and is able to use them to quickly roll around, or extend his plasma blasters. This plating offers no resistance whatsoever to energy attacks, which may damage the plating enough to null the protective features of the hyper-kinetic plating. Gyro's sensors are sophisticated enough to not be blind when retracted into sphere mode.

Power/Weapon 2: Plate weaponry- when in humanoid form, Gyro can form the plates on his left arm into a crude buckler useful for deflecting blows, and the plates on his right arm into a short blade formed of two straight, bladed plates.

Power/Weapon 3: Wrist-mounted plasma blasters- On each of Gyro's wrists are a dual-barreled plasma blaster. It is capable of rapid-fire, and can spin to be used in Sphere mode as a pursuit weapon.

Appearance: Gyro is a humanoid combat drone, approximately Toa-sized. Gyro's entire body is covered with plating on two servos that allow it to move the plates independently. His head resembles that of an ant, but lacks mandibles, and is otherwise smooth, and with two plate-servos serving as antennae. He is primarily white and silver, with a bit of blue for his glowing parts, such as his eyes, lights on his limbs and chest. In his chest cavity, there is a spinning gyroscope. When in sphere mode, the sphere is entirely white, with lines that indicate that it is assembled.

Bio: Gyro was a prototype assassin, which utilized an unstable AI. After he was hacked by some of his targets, he gained a crude 'morality' module. He no longer wished to fight for others' commands, but for his own beliefs. He was appointed a covert operative, and hunted down his inventors before they could make more like him.

Personality/Other: Gyro is technically genderless, but prefers male pronouns. He is cold and ruthless, but not without an itch of morality; his awakened AI allows him to evaluate a situation and rely on his own judgement rather than his pre-programmed combat protocols. His synthesized voice is to-the-point, but somewhat soft in its inflections.

Reblob. Also, mech profile for Skorm!

Mech Name: Sundown Panthera

Pilot Name: Skorm

Power/Weapon 1: Tail laser blades- Mounted on an extremely flexible tail is a pair of laser blades that can ignite into dual-sided axe-shaped straight blades.

Power/Weapon 2: Cordak Autocannon- Mounted at the mech's front left shoulder is a prototype Xian belt-fed cordak launcher. It is fully automatic and is capable of independant tracking, allowing a fuller range of movement. The feeder belt, however, is a structural weakness, but since the Cordak mini-missiles are not primed until they are fired, a failure is not overly catastrophic.

Power/Weapon 3: Bifurcation- As Skorm is capable of splitting into two entities, he can do so in the cockpit of the Sundown Panthera. Down the middle is where it splits, each half having two legs; the front has the slower front legs, while the back has the slightly more agile digitigrade back legs. The front half, piloted by Sko, is a slow and relatively sturdy walker that relies on the cordak autocannon for attack. The back half, piloted by the more aggressive Orm, is faster than the front, keeping some of the agility of the full mech. The tail splits down the middle and becomes two 'arms', and are capable of using the laser blades for quick slashing attacks. In bifurcated form, neither form shares the mobility or speed the full mech makes use of. In addition, it retains the weakness of Skorm using his mask: if either is killed, the other dies with him. They are, however, in radio contact, for better or worse.

Appearance: Sundown Panther is a quadrupedal Rahi-pattern mecha, fashioned after a sleek panther, hence the name. It is constructed of a protosteel frame with Xian steel armor, significantly lighter and more flexible, but less protective. It is equally silver and gunmetal. The tail is an extremely flexible metal, allowing for incredible control when using the tailtip laserblades.

Other: Built for speed and mobility over protectiveness, the Sundown Panthera is an impressive mecha; its melee and long-range capability make it a dangerous foe. Skorm controls it via a combination of neural linkup and traditional controls; Orm retains the neural controls for the 'slicer' half, and Sko the manual controls for the 'shooter' half. All configurations possess a somewhat limited viewscreen, but the head is flexible enough for Skorm to retain a decent amount of battlefield awareness.

Gyro not approved. The plate weaponry could easily take up two power slots on its own, and one of the others (Xae?) mentioned not really getting how the blasters are supposed to function in sphere mode.

Skorm Mech approved.

When rolling, the blasters can come out of the sides. They can spin so that they can actually be aimed while the sphere is rolling. When the blasters are deployed, the kinetic protection is dropped, leaving him vulnerable. Basically, the pop out the sides when he's rolling forward. And I suppose I can drop the buckler function of the plate weaponry... though unlike the blade, it is directly formed from the shell pieces, so any damage there would also compromise it.

The times, they are a-changing...

You people do remember that a single Cordak missile was enough to destroy an entire boulder right?

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1