Bionifight Infinite Discussion

Voltex

My new character ideas are classified for the most part. I can say that fishers64 may make an appearance eventually. Still trying to decide between the Uprising fishers and the previous Bionifight fishers incarnations (or something different). 

Not that I'm wishing for either of my character's deaths. Ismekne's death would be incredibly boring, and A.D's would probably be something out of a bad LOST episode. 

Alright, Time to join the tournament! (WARNING: WALL OF TEXT)

Name: Ignis

Species: Toa of Fire

Power/Weapon 1: Piston Halberd (An axe with an extendable handle. Adjusts at the user’s will. Length ranges from 0.5 to 2 Bio in length)

Power/Weapon 2: Short sword for close-range combat, mainly used if Piston Halberd is inaccessible.

Power/Weapon 3: Elemental powers of fire

Appearance: Ignis is Incredibly Tall and well-armoured, with his primary red armour being strengthened with Plates of Bronze and Gunmetal-coloured Protosteel. His body has been physically damaged, but most missing components have been replaced with Machinery, Such as Gears replacing his shoulder muscles and Prosthetic feet for improved mobility.

Bio: Once a renowned warrior on one of the southern Isles of the Matoran Universe, It was said that Ignis would slay 1000 foes each battle, and that his fighting skill was unmatched throughout the surrounding Islands. After defending his island from a horde of Visorak, he was spirited toward The Arena, and is now seeking challengers to fight.

Personality/Other: Ignis is very arrogant, and constantly brags about his strength. In battle, he will let nothing get in the way of his target,  but he tends to charge right into battle without a second thought of a consequence. His favourite past-time when not fighting is sharpening his skills in the Training sector or signing autographs for fans.

There weren't as many limits in this as the standard BZPRPG, So I just kind of went overboard. Basically this guy's a Steampunk Semi-organic robot Lu Bu.

I might put up an Image of what this guy looks like, But I think I'll do that If i get approved. I hope I didn't make this guy too overpowered...

Edited by Daronus

wGF2PMb.png

lof_teaser.png

(I'll do this eventually, I swear...)

My BZPRPG Characters

Corpus Rahkshi Characters: Kol Arsenal Swarm Amalgamation

Skyrise Characters: Zavon

Alright, Time to join the tournament! (WARNING: WALL OF TEXT)

Name: Ignis

Species: Toa of Fire

Power/Weapon 1: Piston Halberd (An axe with an extendable handle. Adjusts at the user’s will. Max. Length is 13.7 Bio (10m/32ft))

Power/Weapon 2: Short sword for close-range combat, mainly used if Piston Halberd is inaccessible.

Power/Weapon 3: Elemental powers of fire

Appearance: Ignis is Incredibly Tall and well-armoured, with his primary red armour being strengthened with Plates of Bronze and Gunmetal-coloured Protosteel. His body has been physically damaged, but most missing components have been replaced with Machinery, Such as Gears replacing his shoulder muscles and Prosthetic feet for improved mobility.

Bio: Once a renowned warrior on one of the southern Isles of the Matoran Universe, It was said that Ignis would slay 1000 foes each battle, and that his fighting skill was unmatched throughout the surrounding Islands. After defending his island from a horde of Visorak, he was spirited toward The Arena, and is now seeking challengers to fight.

Personality/Other: Ignis is very arrogant, and constantly brags about his strength. In battle, he will let nothing get in the way of his target, but he tends to focus more on full-on attacks rather than defending or looking for a different opponent. His favourite past-time when not fighting is sharpening his skills in the Training sector or signing autographs for fans.

There weren't as many limits in this as the standard BZPRPG, So I just kind of went overboard. Basically this guy's a Steampunk Semi-organic robot Lu Bu.

I might put up an Image of what this guy looks like, But I think I'll do that If i get approved. I hope I didn't make this guy too overpowered...

Yay! Another mechaman in the tournament! Now Xaeraz isn't so alone c:

But, if you don't mind me saying, a 32 foot long Halberd? You're going to have serious drooping at full length, and using it at that length is going to be like trying to slay a bear with half a wet spaghetti noodle

• Upvote 3

All are not the same

But three shall be as one

Freedom in the flame

The end has just begun

Yeah, I might need to Nerf the size of the halberd so It's more reasonable. Let's see... It changes from Hand-axe to a 2-handed axe at will? Maybe half the max length? I dunno.

The length of the sword in its current form appears to be the height of a three-story building. Maybe make it 5-7 feet at max-length, unless Ignis is twice the size of a regular toa like Takanuva was that one time.

waffleman2010.png

*Click Banner to go to the Sikza Spriting Kit topic

I would approve that profile, under the assumption that an axe that long would be more of a burden than a boon... but I think you should probably want to edit it to something more reasonable first? :P

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

Edited the Halberd's Max. Length to a more reasonable size. Now can I get in?

On an unrelated note, When a Player character sustains fatal injuries in the Arena, does he/she get revived, or just left to die?

wGF2PMb.png

lof_teaser.png

(I'll do this eventually, I swear...)

My BZPRPG Characters

Corpus Rahkshi Characters: Kol Arsenal Swarm Amalgamation

Skyrise Characters: Zavon

Edited the Halberd's Max. Length to a more reasonable size. Now can I get in?

On an unrelated note, When a Player character sustains fatal injuries in the Arena, does he/she get revived, or just left to die?

They're revived. This is the premise of the game. =P

*Snaps fingers*

All these people calling a halberd an axe (or sword, in one case?) are gonna make me cry ;_;

*Snaps fingers*

A halberd is a type of battle axe or pole axe, though, so it counts. Sword, no, but axe? Yes.

Considering how the primary weapon of a halberd (that made it a halberd, rather than a pole-mounted warhammer or some other type of weapon) was the axe blade.

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

All these people calling a halberd an axe (or sword, in one case?) are gonna make me cry ;_;

*Snaps fingers*

A halberd is a type of battle axe or pole axe, though, so it counts. Sword, no, but axe? Yes.

Considering how the primary weapon of a halberd (that made it a halberd, rather than a pole-mounted warhammer or some other type of weapon) was the axe blade.

It also has a point though

*Poke*

*Snaps fingers*

No, some of them had spear points. Some horseman's axes were of the same head-type as halberds, as well, and were still axes. Just because the axe has a spear point doesn't make it not an axe, it's just an extra part to use.

Or would you say bardiches and lochabers aren't axes? Because you'd be wrong.

Edited by Grochi ad Infinitum

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

I'm simply saying that, for most, the word "axe" evokes a mental image of a fire axe or a battleaxe.

It's just really unspecific, especially when a halberd is so far removed from this mental image. It's like referring to longswords, greatswords, foils and katana all as "swords". In the same way, bardiches are best referred to as glaives, and lochabers are best subsumed under halberds, rather than calling them both axes.

*Snaps fingers*

Well, if you're gonna be that miffed about it, Burn, we'll call it a poleaxe just for you :P

Edited by Horse Divorce

All are not the same

Freedom in the flame

The end has just begun

I'm simply saying that, for most, the word "axe" evokes a mental image of a fire axe or a battleaxe.

It's just really unspecific, especially when a halberd is so far removed from this mental image. It's like referring to longswords, greatswords, foils and katana all as "swords". In the same way, bardiches are best referred to as glaives, and lochabers are best subsumed under halberds, rather than calling them both axes.

*Snaps fingers*

Eh

Just calling them "swords" or "axes" is so much easier

Why are we arguing over pole-arms?

Because we play a fighting game, and it's bloody important to know what weapons are and what they do?

Nonsense

Who would actually want to know what weapons do in a fighting game

So ew

---

Going to more serious, I will be away all of tomorrow and most of Sunday. I'll try to keep it so that those who are busy with me can continue doing whatever and aren't put on hold in my absence. 

Well, if you're gonna be that miffed about it, Burn, we'll call it a poleaxe just for you :P

Thank you. =P

*Smooths ruffled feathers*

you guys and your specific names.

why can't we just call them "sharp things" and "not-sharp things" and go on with our lives?

This would work, if not for those darned blunt weapons. =P

*Snaps fingers*

Thank you. =P

why can't we just call them "sharp things" and "not-sharp things" and go on with our lives?

*Snaps fingers*

blunt weapons fall under "not-sharp" you plastic coat hanger

• Upvote 4

All are not the same

Freedom in the flame

The end has just begun

Thank you. =P

*Snaps fingers*

blunt weapons fall under "not-sharp" you plastic coat hanger

for whatever reason, i thought he was talking about objects that weren't weapons

i suck.

*Snaps fingers*

• Upvote 1

Thank you. =P

*Snaps fingers*

Hemp is not-sharp...

bBhcfWO.png

For some reason I want a fighter that has a baseball bat and plastic coat hangers as weapons. 

But that's probably like having doughnut powers - it will never be approved. 

I know for a fact that if you change the coat hangers to a shotgun and a sports drink, it will be instantly approved.

*snaps fingers*

is this the new *tips fedora*?

Also finger-snapping is mine and mine alone, you're only allowed to do it if the act conjures flame

*Snaps fingers*

• Upvote 1

For some reason I want a fighter that has a baseball bat and plastic coat hangers as weapons. 

I'd approve a baseball bat.

I know for a fact that if you change the coat hangers to a shotgun and a sports drink, it will be instantly approved.

*snaps fingers*

is this the new *tips fedora*?

Also finger-snapping is mine and mine alone, you're only allowed to do it if the act conjures flame

*Snaps fingers*

You're not allowed to claim anything

*snaps fingers*

*snap's Burnmad's fingers*

• Upvote 4

Genuine question: what's the staff position on pre-approving additional profiles, so that people can have them ready to go if/when they need them? Because I've already written up three backup characters and need to do something with their profiles or I'm going to rewrite them forty eight times.

All are not the same

Freedom in the flame

The end has just begun