Bionifight Infinite Discussion

Voltex

Didn't he fly through lightning then slam into a wall? I'm surprised he's even alive. 

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Skull Carrier

Skull Carrier slides out of his seat and to the right a bit, LETTING the fellow Okotoan fall flat on his face.

"Be careful not to burn yourself," He takes his tray and begin to walk away, turning his head just to add, "I've never heard of one creature on Okoto that was fire-proof."

One spider snickers as though that were a joke.

Just so you know, taking control of another player's character and writing what happens to them is called bunnying. Unless you have the player's permission to do this, it's also agaisnt the rules.

He was in mid air flying at SC, I don't think he had much control of his trajectory. And yeah, basically what Tiragath explained. I didn't attempt to gain control of Intavus, just knew what would happen if he missed. I left what does happen up to Intavus's player.

Edit: Of course none of this is relevant considering Tiragath's character interrupted said leap of faith, despite the flames covering Intavus's body. Wish I had read that earlier.

Edited by Drakua Toa of Rahi

waffleman2010.png

*Click Banner to go to the Sikza Spriting Kit topic

Credit to Nato, whose joke post I borrowed and heavily modified...

GM IC - GEM OF ???

As a result of his suicidal maneuver, Daltrahk suffered severe electrical shocks and burns from the lightning bolts that he had launched himself hastily through, as well as impacting heavily into the solid metal wall on the other side. Watching on helplessly as their ally collapsed - at best significantly dazed, at worst critically injured and unconscious - Kuro and Prose were left stunned by the Skakdi's rash action.

On the positive side, after Daltrahk flew through the electrical arcs, about half of them fizzled out. The web of electricity was now less dense, allowing Kuro and Prose a slightly easier path to the other side.

Wow.... I can't believe you actually used my joke post. (I still like my original version better, though). 

GM IC: Gem of ????

As a result of his suicidal manoeuvre, Daltrahk suffered severe electrical shock and burns from the lightning bolts that struck him. Watching on helplessly as their ally collapsed - unconscious, maybe dead - to the floor, Kuro and Prose were left with a difficult choice: leave him to die and continue going after the gem, or abandon the quest and save him.

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Kuro and Prose were left with a difficult choice: leave him to die and continue going after the gem, or abandon the quest and save him.

Well, that wouldn't have worked, for several reasons.

For one, it's not fair to put a player's character in a life-or-death situation where that character depends upon other player's characters to be saved-- unless, of course, the players knew that would be happening, going into the RPG.

As well, and with no offense to Ghidora or his character, that's actually not a difficult choice, hahahahahaha

*Snaps fingers*

For one, it's not fair to put a player's character in a life-or-death situation where that character depends upon other player's characters to be saved-- unless, of course, the players knew that would be happening, going into the RPG.

I'd argue that it's perfectly fair if the character put themself into that position - which Daltrahk did.

As well, and with no offense to Ghidora or his character, that's actually not a difficult choice, hahahahahaha

I know. :D My original post was meant as a joke, and I can understand why Chro modified it. 

The Gem of Skype Suggestions is working its magic....

• Upvote 2

Kuro and Prose were left with a difficult choice: leave him to die and continue going after the gem, or abandon the quest and save him.

Well, that wouldn't have worked, for several reasons.

*Snaps fingers*

How is that unfair in anyway, it's cruel but perfectly reasonable. Especially given proper buildup.

• Upvote 1

...but close to it

Name: "Trusty" Lierdon (Lee-AIR-don)

Species: Skakdi

Power/Weapon 1: Trust Vision: Lierdon's invisible eye beams make people inherently less suspicious, not only of Lierdon himself, but in general. For reference, his ability might make you capable of, say, falling for one of those "You are the 1000th person to visit this page" ads you used to have, before downloading Adblock.

Power/Weapon 2: A protosteel pike.

Power/Weapon 3: A tan greatshield embossed with the head of a black wolf, fangs bared.

Appearance: Lierdon is a tall, gangly fellow, but you'd never be able to tell; he walks around hunched, looking rather like a praying mantis. He is tan in color, and wears Mata Nuian finery, such as a "shirt", a pair of "pants", and even the ever-rare "shoes" that are worn in lieu of boots or bare feet by only the richest of nobles in his war-worn world. All of them gained through theft and trickery.

Bio: Lierdon hails from a universe in which, after ruining their native island, the Skakdi race collectively migrated to the unoccupied Mata Nui. There, they continued their self-destructive warmongering and general destruction, split into distinct tribes based upon element, with each tribe living in a different region of Mata Nui. Lierdon is a war profiteer - or, as he prefers to say, an opportunist - committing any atrocity that seemed to promise gain for him. He scavenged fallen warriors, stabbed in the back, looted, and left for dead anyone he encountered, and altogether became a nuisance to Skakdi society. The point at which historians can safely say he went too far was when he managed to trigger a rock-slide that buried two opposing regiments. It seemed, however, that he had been spotted by one of the survivors, and retribution swiftly came to him in the form of a troop of air tribe soldiers. These guys were no joke, as Lierdon quickly found, and they took him back to the Air Nation, where he was sentenced to live the rest of his days in a jail cell.

On the bright side, they said, the food was free.

Despite the ease of such a living arrangement, he found it rather restrictive-- not to mention lonely, seeing as imprisoned Skakdi were kept far, far apart. For these reasons, he found himself quite desirous of leaving, and shortly managed to accomplish this goal, by gaining a warden's trust and bribing him. Once he was out, he promptly slew the warden, and set out through the jungle, seeking shelter under the scorching sun of the Stone Nation. Regardless of the unlikelihood that the Ice Nation officials would have offered him any, he never made it back. Unprepared for the organized, trained troops of the Air Nation, he was quickly overtaken by a flight of Gukko. Upon being dragged back to prison, he was sentenced to have his eyes gouged out, in order to prevent future escape attempts. Luckily, he was taken for Bionifight before they could make good on that sentence.

Personality/Other: Deceptive. Petty. Willing to kill for a meaningless bauble. Yet, an expert manipulator; charming when he wants to be, patient, and very persuasive. Needless to say, he really hates air elementals.

I predict this guy getting a lot of kills in the Temple of Time, if it's anything like I expect it to be. =P

Also, how do Skakdi elemental powers work in this RPG? Are they shut off, or something?

*Snaps fingers*

IC Daltrahk

"Oh... Oogh." Daltrahk wheezed as he felt himself over. Not noticing the current was a little less at all, he checked Magma Gear first. Slamming into the wall had been very minor, after all, he was used to it, flying around by the energy grappler and quickly zooming up to structures. It was the electricity that rattled his teeth and slightly burned his other arm and leg.

Walking around like he was half drunk, he leaned on the wall fr support as he groaned "You guys comin' yet....?"

Going to be frank with you, Ghidora: I'm not okay with this response.

Daltrahk acted hastily and disregarded the "solution" in favor of launching himself straight through dozens of arcs of electricity. Straight through them. I do not believe one of Daltrahk's powers is electrical resistance.

I can see him shrugging off the wall impact, if it had been the only thing - but again, he was clearly in a situation where he'd be severely electrocuted.

OOC: Had school exams, but they're done now. So I just gotta catch up. Haven't been paying attention to everything. And to Colonel Roy Mustang, both choices are wrong, somewhat.

IC: Kuro and Prose/Kuro's POV/Gem of ??? with Daltrahk

Seeing Daltrahk's risky feat quickly made the decision of who he will help across first. Skillfully moving his sword to block impeding beams, he and Prose made their way more safely to the other side.

"Prose. Use your power to revitalize him so we can continue."

He applied his power to him as we continued to move along.

I'm not okay with this either, but at least you used the sword as intended. It isn't a simple "let's walk through with the sword held in front of us!" - it's a careful system of navigating it like a web as I referred to it multiple times.

Also, just warning you, when they do make it across, it's probably going to take a while to partially heal Daltrahk. Gem-generated defenses are very damaging.

However, I will take the blame for not posting in response to Ghidora quickly enough, which caused you to react as if there was no issue with it.

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

While effort is a factor, it's also time. In your post they just... waltz right through, as if Kuro knows exactly what to do without thinking about it beforehand. There's physical danger, yes, obviously - but this gem quest's defense is a puzzle, too. I simply do not think it is reasonable for them to instantly traverse the electricity web and rescue Daltrahk.

but their spirits

Yeah, but even if he stands there and looks at it, it's not going to allow him to just walk straight through it. That's what I'm saying - it's a deliberate process.

I'm quite tired, my wording is probably proportionally poor, sorry if I'm not making myself clear.

but their spirits

Yes, but Kuro was examining for irregularities so that he may take advantage of. Like for example, some places where it seems like there's too much electricity is obviously where he wouldn't go, as his blade could probably block up to 3-4 bolts at one time at the max. Then there may also be some more open areas which will make it easier to pass through.

his blade could probably block up to 3-4 bolts at one time at the max. 

His blade would be a pile of molten sludge if it took that much heat and electricity at once. 

Didn't Kat then take "the fury of a thousand suns" right to the chest, though?

Oh, yeah. I meant 1-2. Chro already stated so somewhere.

Indeed.

I'm not trying to make this take more time and effort just for the sake of taking time and effort, but because I want the quest to be reasonably challenging. I believe you would've managed and not had to panic-rush through if Daltrahk hadn't jumped the gun, but that's another matter.

I dunno, Kat's swords took Xara's Chain Lightning in the First Round. Granted, they were glowing White hot when they did, but.....

True, but Nato's right, and in this situation Kuro would be using his sword on many instances of strong electricity in quick succession unless he, say, stopped to let his sword cool down, which would almost definitely be dangerous if done in the midst of the electric web.

but their spirits

If I'm remembering right, Kat only really blocked a handful of bolts with her swords throughout the entirety of her fight agaisnt Xara, and they had time to cool down in between, since she was dodging some of the attacks as well. 

Waiting for a post from The Wyrm.

http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/17210-bionifight-infinite/page-121?do=findComment&comment=893253

Yay! I finally figured out how to link! :P

Edited by Timageness

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

Hm.... not sure how I missed that.

I remember reading that Tarsus post. Did you edit the rest in later or something? 

I believe that I posted it early because I didn't want to be logged off and lose the entire thing, and then went back and edited the rest in within about ten minutes or so.

So, yeah, I guess I did.

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

Ah, that would explain it. Sorry about making you wait. 

It's cool.

My dog hasn't been letting me get much sleep lately anyways, which is also why I haven't been posting as often.

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

IC Daltrahk

Feeling more relieved, Daltrahk could walk normally again. Checking Magma Gear once more, he headed with the Rahks down the long, twisting hallway.

OOC: Waiting for a Chro post.

No you're not.

If you continue to fail to address the issues I have raised above, you're not going to like how this quest ends. :P

As it stands now, the post quoted here is invalid.

but their spirits

I can see him shrugging off the wall impact, if it had been the only thing - but again, he was clearly in a situation where he'd be severely electrocuted.

Severely electrically shocked. C'mon.

Electrocution means death by electric shock. Either he's dead or he isn't here, use the right terminology. :P

• Upvote 1

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

Im also not okay with that post. Prose isnt able to focus on Dal much in order to not die himself. And even still with invigourating him, his body still needs to recover. At most Dal could probably only sit up and wait.

Edited by ArcticFreeze17

As I recall, Kuro had his sword held in the wall of electricity. That means Daltrahk didn't take every single bolt in the wall when he went through. And if you recall in the past fights, he whips himself around through the air pulled by the beam, slams into buildings and barely breaks a sweat, so the wall slamming would do little but daze him.

And I didn't know the extent of Prose's powers, i'll fix that.

Might I also remind you that you gave a range for my character to be injured, Chro. If you wanted a specific injury you should have stated it.

If you wanted a specific injury you should have stated it.

He didn't want a specific injury, I think he just wanted a realistic response to suffering from severe electrical shock and burns. 

• Upvote 4

If Daltrahk was able to take away more than half of the electricity coursing through the "web" by darting through in half a second, then how can two Rahks with a sword slowly navigate through the thing?

Because there's a pattern to the electricity. It is a web - you need to navigate through it, and that is possible.

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Steam name: Ehksidian