Bionifight Infinite Discussion

Voltex

Experience with mind reading gives no justification for deliberately shrugging off illusions. All it would do would be to allow him to resist Okavaung for longer, which was the original choice that was to be had in RPing Tirkah's response.

Tirkah's bio makes no mention of Toa of any sort, but w/e.

Okavaung's illusions are nothing like the Rahkshi power, which is the only thing a Makuta would have that's remotely similar. The question wasn't whether or not the sensory illusion would affect Tirkah, it was whether Tirkah could keep Okavaung out of his head for long enough to get off another shot. 

I'm not sure how Oka could've gotten into Tirkah's head, to be honest, but if he is, then what Tirkah did is perfectly reasonable. Since he knows the illusion isn't real, he can pretty much ignore it. 

Okavaung's illusions, as I've said, are different from the Rahkshi Power, and also from the Mahiki. Being psionic attacks, they alter or replace information coming from the sensory organs.

*Snaps fingers*

Ultimately, you aren't allowed to govern how my character reacts to mental attacks. Tirkah has mentioned several times IC about his run in's with Toa, and on top of that, just because it's not the same thing as a mahiki doesn't mean he can't resist with the same efficacy as he would a mask power or any other mental intrusion. 

I might also add, that you shrugged off an EXPLOSIVE ROUND with a graze. Realistically, your character should have a gaping hole in their chest.

Okavaung's illusions, as I've said, are different from the Rahkshi Power, and also from the Mahiki. Being psionic attacks, they alter or replace information coming from the sensory organs.

Yet your post still makes no mention of how Oka got inside Tirkah's head to begin with. You can't just magically say you're inside someone's mind, without making any effort whatsoever. 

An intrusion into someone's mind is immediately noticeable, and anyone with a strong enough will can theoretically shove them out, psionic powers or not. 

• Upvote 3

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Ultimately, you aren't allowed to govern how my character reacts to mental attacks. Tirkah has mentioned several times IC about his run in's with Toa, and on top of that, just because it's not the same thing as a mahiki doesn't mean he can't resist with the same efficacy as he would a mask power or any other mental intrusion. 

I might also add, that you shrugged off an EXPLOSIVE ROUND with a graze. Realistically, your character should have a gaping hole in their chest.

Shrugging off my character's ability is blatantly god-modding. And a Mahiki can be ignored because the illusions are outside of your head; you can just choose to ignore them, or walk right through them, or whatever. They exist in the physical world so as to fool multiple people at once, if need be. Okavaung's illusions affect single individuals, and are inside the head. The way they are resisted is by keeping the attacker out with mental defenses. As for your IC's, it's not my job to read your character's IC's that aren't relevant to my characters.

I have, however, read Tirkah's profile numerous times, and no matter how many times I do, the words "EXPLOSIVE ROUNDS" never appear. Realistically, your character shouldn't be using things not listed in their profile.

Yet your post still makes no mention of how Oka got inside Tirkah's head to begin with. You can't just magically say you're inside someone's mind, without making any effort whatsoever. 

An intrusion into someone's mind is immediately noticeable, and anyone with a strong enough will can theoretically shove them out, psionic powers or not. 

IIRC, I mentioned projecting the illusion towards Tirkah, ie, attacking his mind with the projected illusion until it broke through.

*Snaps fingers*

Edited by Colonel Roy Mustang

Okavaung's illusions affect single individuals, and are inside the head. The way they are resisted is by keeping the attacker out with mental defenses. 

If Oka is inside someone's head, then he's playing by their rules, on their home turf. You can't force someone to see something if they know it isn't real. And I still don't understand how Oka got inside Tirkah's head, because everyone has mental defences. 

Think of it this way: if you're leaning against a door, and someone is trying to push it open from the outside, you can push back. That's essentially what all people's minds are like. Oka is the person trying to push open the door, and Tirkah is the one leaning against it.

Oka can't just go "poof, I'm inside your head now, here's a pretty illusions to look at. Bye!" without getting through that door. And it would require a lot more focus than your post seems to indicate he did. 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Name: Tirkah

Species: Glatorian

Weapon/Power 1:A large projectile launcher, capable of tearing holes even in Protosteel. Resembles a human Hecate II in both appearance and power. Wiki link for the curious: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PGM_H%C3%A9cate_II This weapon fires an explosive armor piercing round that helps dissipate antidermis once it's punched through a Makuta's armor.

Weapon/Power 2: Chameleon suit. Allows Tirkah to blend with their environment, rendering them hard to see. This suit also provides adequate armor protection, and can turn blades and even small projectiles.

Weapon/power 3: Machete

Appearance: Blue under the Chameleon armor, the armor itself defaults in a dull green.

Bio: Hailing from a world where the Makuta took over both the Matoran Universe and Spherus Magna, Tirkah lived in a harsh unforgiving world, and the inhabitants developed weapons capable of punching through Protosteel armor. He has fought Makuta and Toa alike, as well as some other Glatorian, and is considered one of the best marksmen on Spherus Magna.

Personality: Brash, arrogant and rude, often tells stories of his past, unknown if these are true or not. Unforgiving in battle. Male.

Edited in some additional info and tweaked his weapon to reflect it's usage as of late.

All this time I just thought Tirkah had an explosively powerful anti-material rifle, not that its rounds were literally explosive. 

I apologise, it's true I did not specify that at the time, and I did forget to edit his Bio as I developed him further. Regardless, however, the fact remains that he got a shot off on Okavaung, and it's a good shot. 

Whether or not the Illusion affected him is irrelevant, because by the time it did, Okavaung would have either been hit and died, or broken his concentration because as was stated originally, the rifle can punch holes in Protosteel. .

Burnmad, the only character in this RPG to successfully fool anybody with an illusion - without them noticing, or being able to defend themselves against it - is the unknown Golden Being on the Queen's Quest. And I took care to make sure that the illusion was one that was not harmful to any of the characters affected. Their perception of distance was all that was altered, and it was within an extremely small area of effect. 

One of the individuals affected was the Queen, who has already been stated to be far more powerful than any of the psionics users entered in the tournament. The Queen would not be able to pull off such an elaborate ruse on a single individual. It does not take just an immense amount of power, but also a great deal of precision and subtlety. With such a trick, you need to worm your way into the enemy's mind without them noticing, shifting and sliding things out of place in such a way that they do not realize you have done anything to them until you are gone.

The Golden Being had the advantage of surprise when they did this, as well as the fact that they were not involved in physical combat with a variety of opponents in an extremely dangerous arena.

---

If I have misinterpreted anything in this little argument, please let me know - but as I currently understand the situation, no fighter should be able to do what you are saying Okavaung can in this instance. 

• Upvote 5

I apologise, it's true I did not specify that at the time, and I did forget to edit his Bio as I developed him further. Regardless, however, the fact remains that he got a shot off on Okavaung, and it's a good shot. 

So was his first shot, but that somehow missed. 

Okavaung's illusions affect single individuals, and are inside the head. The way they are resisted is by keeping the attacker out with mental defenses. 

If Oka is inside someone's head, then he's playing by their rules, on their home turf. You can't force someone to see something if they know it isn't real. And I still don't understand how Oka got inside Tirkah's head, because everyone has mental defences. 

Think of it this way: if you're leaning against a door, and someone is trying to push it open from the outside, you can push back. That's essentially what all people's minds are like. Oka is the person trying to push open the door, and Tirkah is the one leaning against it.

Oka can't just go "poof, I'm inside your head now, here's a pretty illusions to look at. Bye!" without getting through that door. And it would require a lot more focus than your post seems to indicate he did. 

The entire point of illusions is to make people see things that aren't real. If the simple knowledge that it wasn't real was enough to make it fail, the power would be useless. You can't choose what information you're receiving from your eyes; the only way to right that information is to remove from your head the presence that's affecting it.

That said, Okavaung was never stated as being inside Tirkah's head. He was stated as trying to get into it, with the line about "projecting the illusion towards Tirkah". It was Ultimo's decision to say that he was already feeling the illusion, rather than the force of Okavaung pressing against his head, but to simply shrug off that illusion.

@iBrow: Once again, Okavaung wasn't trying to fool anyone, or to do anything without notice. As for defense, keeping Okavaung out of your head in the first place would be ideal. Of course, his power is "an invasive mental presence", which takes up a power slot, meaning that anyone who does not themselves have a psionics-based power slot that would bolster their mental defenses, should eventually have those defenses breached.

So was his first shot, but that somehow missed. 

Not really. It was aimed at base of the neck while the target was in close range combat, which is pretty much begging to miss. Real snipers aim for the center of mass.

*Snaps fingers*

Just putting it out there, but I don't think arguing against a staff decision is a good idea....

The entire point of illusions is to make people see things that aren't real. If the simple knowledge that it wasn't real was enough to make it fail, the power would be useless. You can't choose what information you're receiving from your eyes; the only way to right that information is to remove from your head the presence that's affecting it.

Or, you know, you can just ignore the false signals. Which is exactly what Tirkah did. 

Not really. It was aimed at base of the neck while the target was in close range combat, which is pretty much begging to miss. Real snipers aim for the center of mass.

You mean the neck that would have to be roughly the thickness of a decent-sized tree-trunk in order to support his big dragon head? And Tirkah is aiming for the spot where it attaches to the body - probably around the shoulders going by the wyvern body-type Oka seems to have. 

Edited by Locus

@iBrow: Once again, Okavaung wasn't trying to fool anyone, or to do anything without notice. As for defense, keeping Okavaung out of your head in the first place would be ideal. Of course, his power is "an invasive mental presence", which takes up a power slot, meaning that anyone who does not themselves have a psionics-based power slot that would bolster their mental defenses, should eventually have those defenses breached.

Perhaps I was not clear enough.

The Golden Being is the most powerful character in this RPG. They were only able to create such a perfect illusion by meeting a variety of requirements, as highlighted in my previous post (and helpfully quoted below). You are trying to tell me that your character is able to project these illusions upon other fighters perfectly in a high-risk, multi-fighter combat scenario. 

One of the individuals affected was the Queen, who has already been stated to be far more powerful than any of the psionics users entered in the tournament. The Queen would not be able to pull off such an elaborate ruse on a single individual. It does not take just an immense amount of power, but also a great deal of precision and subtlety. With such a trick, you need to worm your way into the enemy's mind without them noticing, shifting and sliding things out of place in such a way that they do not realize you have done anything to them until you are gone.

The Golden Being had the advantage of surprise when they did this, as well as the fact that they were not involved in physical combat with a variety of opponents in an extremely dangerous arena.

No. That does not work. You are also not abiding by the limits that you set within the dragon's profile:

Power/Weapon 1: Most Bota Magnan dragons have latent psychic ability, although lesser dragons have underdeveloped abilities. Okavaung has an invasive mental presence, able to detect and speak to consciousnesses from far away. This effective range is even greater than that of Aclaraung, though Okavaung lacks the telekinetic abilities of his master. Through focusing on a single, near-by enemy that is weaker than him mentally, Okavaung is capable of eventually overwhelming them, breaking down their mental defenses and crushing their minds. This requires time, focus and a great deal of energy, however, leaving the dragon distracted during the act, and exhausted after. He is also capable of suddenly lashing out at an enemy mentally, subjecting them to illusions, such as seeing things that don't exist, or suddenly feeling pain where there is no wound.

Follow the limits of your profile, and follow the limits of your element.

While we're talking about Oka, I'm a little confused as to how he hasn't crashed into anything since he's flying around completely blind. His psionics might let him know where the other PCs are by tracking their minds, but not the catwalks, pillars and vats of molten protodermis that are all around him. 

On that note, however, I'm afraid I must depart. I'll be back in a few hours. 

As was quite clearly stated in my profile, the thing Okavaung requires a great deal of focus for is crushing someone's mind, ie, killing them.

As well, you seem to be heavily overestimating the power of sensory illusions. Av-Toa can create optical illusions as a mere subset of their element, as well as outright blind people or absorb light in order to submerge them in darkness.

I don't mind if you dislike the ability my character has, I just wish you could have said that in the first place, rather than approving that character, so I could have saved myself all of this trouble and given him non-psionic illusion powers like those of a Mahiki in the first place.

*Snaps fingers*

As was quite clearly stated in my profile, the thing Okavaung requires a great deal of focus for is crushing someone's mind, ie, killing them.

As well, you seem to be heavily overestimating the power of sensory illusions. Av-Toa can create optical illusions as a mere subset of their element, as well as outright blind people or absorb light in order to submerge them in darkness.

I don't mind if you dislike the ability my character has, I just wish you could have said that in the first place, rather than approving that character, so I could have saved myself all of this trouble and given him non-psionic illusion powers like those of a Mahiki in the first place.

*Snaps fingers*

When your character was approved, we (the hosts) had assumed that you could play it in a reasonable and realistic manner.

I have seen nothing of the sort so far with Okavaung; you have played as him in two rounds so far, and these powers have proven far more troublesome than they are worth on both occasions. Multiple players and staff members have gotten involved. Consider Okavaung no longer approved

Edited by Lucina

Name: Okavaung (OAK-of-owng, translates to 'Royal Blade')

Species: Sohllikan; Dragon of Bota Magna

Power/Weapon 1: Okavaung is capable of creating illusions, similarly to the Rahkshi power. He can manage several complex, realistic illusions at a time, or a larger number of simpler illusions. The illusions are capable of fooling the senses of sight, hearing and smell (and taste, I guess? No one's tested it), but are quite clearly intangible, if they are touched. Additionally, they disappear if they are seen through.

Power/Weapon 2: Okavaung has control over frost, including an innate resistance to extreme cold, and the ability to breath a jet of extremely cold air, capable of seriously damaging beings unlucky enough to be caught in it.

Power/Weapon 3: If all Okavaungs are dragons, and all dragons are fliers, then which of the following is true? The correct answer is, "All Okavaungs are fliers."

Appearance: Okavaung's scales are a gradient, darkening from a head and neck of purest white, to the icy blue that tips his tail and limbs. His white eyes are flecked with the same wintery color that adorns his translucent, light blue wings. He is very large, only slightly less so that Aclaraung, and built just as muscularly. He is head is topped by a single pair of vertically-arranged spikes, one of roughly a foot in length atop his head, arching backwards towards his body, and another, shorter one, in front of it. A second pair of spikes sit opposite each other, curving upwards from the sides of the tip of his tail. All along his tail are similar, single spikes, growing from small points near the tip, to the final spike of roughly a half-foot in length, right where his tail connects to his body. The main part of his body has a frill like that of his master, though only to the base of his tail, and shorter. It is the same translucent blue as his wings.

Bio: The lieutenant of the proud Sohllikan, Okavaung is the right hand of Aclaraung, and has served him for millennia. The race of Bota Magnan dragons have watched their neighbors develop from warring tribes to the sky-faring dwellers of the floating city Larlak. In that time, it has countless times been necessary for Okavaung to lead his regiment of frost dragons, defending against the advances of the belligerent Glatorian. His prowess in battle, and as a general, caused one particularly bloody period to be known as the Cold Summer, in which his kin destroyed three different attacking forces in the course of a week, with several others being defeated throughout the rest of the month. Though the Glatorian do not remember the reclusive Sohllikan, or the many battles lost to them, the term remains among their kind as an expression used to denote misfortune or hardship.

Personality/Other: Okavaung's treatment of strangers can only be described similarly to his breath: Cold. To his kin, he is loyal and considerate, albeit emotionally distant. While he is capable of profound acts of kindness toward the needy, he is also capable of seemingly heartless cruelty in the line of his duty.

Change underlined.

*Snaps fingers*

non-psionic illusion powers like those of a Mahiki in the first place.

The Mahiki is just as psionic as every other illusion power, because it requires the wielder to enforce their mental image of what they want others to see into the real world. The Puppetmaster's illusions work this way, but they're still psionic. 

I always thought that the Mahiki was more like a hologram projector.

This. It works for fooling multiple people at once (and doesn't have to break through mental defenses, like everyone's been so touchy about with Okavaung's ability), so it's not psionic.

*Snaps fingers*

Name: Lady Bajets von Zakaz VII 

Species: Skakdi 

Power/Weapon 1: MetallicHideTM, an ability rumored to have been passed through the von Zakaz' for generations! This unique ability allows the user to turn exposed parts of their body into the toughest protosteel, although experts question if only one body part can be transformed at a time, to no answer from the family. The change time is nearly instant, but it seems it cannot change the shape of any part whatsoever, just the material it's made of. 

Power/Weapon 2/3: Every Lady needs her parasol, and this one just so happens to also fill your self-defensive needs! We are proud to present the Olmak Energy-Transference Steam Gunbrella, available on a first-come, first-serve basis! Features include: Steam-powered gear-function self-opening and closing sequence! A diameter large enough to cover your entire body, horizontally! Our secret, Olmak-powered energy absorbent fabric that can change any energy projectile into steam, usable in the included Steam Pistol, which is totally integrated into the gunbrella! No reloading needed, just allow a few more seconds of laser vision to hit your Gunbrella and you're ready to go! Also included is a protosteel bludgeon on the end, ornately carved for that perfect amount of class but dense enough to drive off any unethical suitors! For times when a burst of steam just isn't enough, invest in a Bullet Pack! 7 oz. of protodermis bullets ready to be fired up to 75 bio!

Appearance: The Lady Bajets von Zakaz VII is a striking figure beyond her years, with a coal-black, custom-designed three part suit above a nondescript white blouse covering her gold, black, and brass body. Her sleeves, while not totally gone, have holes around the elbows with general rips spreading, with a matching problem around the knees. A magenta tie is around her neck, draping over her blouse, and along with a monocle that is nothing but wire completes her ensemble. Her golden spine's spikes are basically shaped like a Y, with a main section splitting halfway up and separating at a 45 degree angle, and her Skakdi grin is more of a sly, sultry smile, with matching pools of silver for eyes. She stands just a tiny bit shorter than Halken, to her eternal annoyance, with her eyes matching up to his chin. 

Bio: The Lady Bajets von Zakaz VII hails from the very same universe, the very same island, and the very same family as Lord Halken von Zakaz III, though she is the seventh Bajets as it has become tradition to name the firstborn female as such in the von Zakaz. While her dear brother was off adventuring and fighting almost every Rahi with fists (and several without), she was slipping through Zakaz's underworld, getting a network of interests set up to secure the von Zakaz' future, as was the job of every female in the family. All the same, he is her brother, and that of course means that she has an uncanny ability to find, annoy, and beat Halken every and any time, no matter the contest. Especially in Poker. Her Laser Poker Vision, though currently disabled in the arena, helps with that.

Personality/Other: Bajets is female, through and though, and knows this very well. She's not above using every dirty trick in the book and some not to take down an opponent, although once she gets the Lightning Binders on it's usually the end. Although they were made with burly Skakdi in mind, it can be tough to apply them when your opponent really doesn't want you doing so. She favors knees, elbows, and headbutts, and makes use of it in tandem with her MetallicHideTM to create a wicked fighting style that hasn't failed her yet. only failed her once. Curse those Bo-Toa

Changing up the 2nd Power due to incidents in the ongoing round. :P

Changes highlighted with underlining.

• Upvote 2

AGoNWLR.jpg

They call me Zakaro. You should too.

Name: Lady Bajets von Zakaz VII 

Species: Skakdi 

Power/Weapon 1: MetallicHideTM, an ability rumored to have been passed through the von Zakaz' for generations! This unique ability allows the user to turn exposed parts of their body into the toughest protosteel, although experts question if only one body part can be transformed at a time, to no answer from the family. The change time is nearly instant, but it seems it cannot change the shape of any part whatsoever, just the material it's made of. 

Power/Weapon 2/3: Every Lady needs her parasol, and this one just so happens to also fill your self-defensive needs! We are proud to present the Olmak Energy-Transference Steam Gunbrella, available on a first-come, first-serve basis! Features include: Steam-powered gear-function self-opening and closing sequence! A diameter large enough to cover your entire body, horizontally! Our secret, Olmak-powered energy absorbent fabric that can change any energy projectile into steam, usable in the included Steam Pistol, which is totally integrated into the gunbrella! No reloading needed, just allow a few more seconds of laser vision to hit your Gunbrella and you're ready to go! Also included is a protosteel bludgeon on the end, ornately carved for that perfect amount of class but dense enough to drive off any unethical suitors! For times when a burst of steam just isn't enough, invest in a Bullet Pack! 7 oz. of protodermis bullets ready to be fired up to 75 bio!

Appearance: The Lady Bajets von Zakaz VII is a striking figure beyond her years, with a coal-black, custom-designed three part suit above a nondescript white blouse covering her gold, black, and brass body. Her sleeves, while not totally gone, have holes around the elbows with general rips spreading, with a matching problem around the knees. A magenta tie is around her neck, draping over her blouse, and along with a monocle that is nothing but wire completes her ensemble. Her golden spine's spikes are basically shaped like a Y, with a main section splitting halfway up and separating at a 45 degree angle, and her Skakdi grin is more of a sly, sultry smile, with matching pools of silver for eyes. She stands just a tiny bit shorter than Halken, to her eternal annoyance, with her eyes matching up to his chin. 

Bio: The Lady Bajets von Zakaz VII hails from the very same universe, the very same island, and the very same family as Lord Halken von Zakaz III, though she is the seventh Bajets as it has become tradition to name the firstborn female as such in the von Zakaz. While her dear brother was off adventuring and fighting almost every Rahi with fists (and several without), she was slipping through Zakaz's underworld, getting a network of interests set up to secure the von Zakaz' future, as was the job of every female in the family. All the same, he is her brother, and that of course means that she has an uncanny ability to find, annoy, and beat Halken every and any time, no matter the contest. Especially in Poker. Her Laser Poker Vision, though currently disabled in the arena, helps with that.

Personality/Other: Bajets is female, through and though, and knows this very well. She's not above using every dirty trick in the book and some not to take down an opponent, although once she gets the Lightning Binders on it's usually the end. Although they were made with burly Skakdi in mind, it can be tough to apply them when your opponent really doesn't want you doing so. She favors knees, elbows, and headbutts, and makes use of it in tandem with her MetallicHideTM to create a wicked fighting style that hasn't failed her yet. only failed her once. Curse those Bo-Toa

Changing up the 2nd Power due to incidents in the ongoing round. :P

Changes highlighted with underlining.

Changes approved. They can go into affect following the end of the round (or once she is eliminated).

Nato, Miras is still lying down. :P

Your point being? The Wyrm jumped forwards, and stabbed his sword all spear-like at Miras' chest. Whether he's lying down or standing up doesn't change that. 

I always thought that the Mahiki was more like a hologram projector.

Nope. The Mahiki is a psionic mask.

From the BS01 page of Psionics: http://biosector01.com/wiki/index.php/Psionics#Users  

Users

All of the following have or had the Element of Psionics and/or its sub-powers:

• The Kanohi Komau and any user of one - Mind control.
  • The Kanohi Mahiki and any user of one - Illusion.
  • The Kanohi Matatu and any user of one - Telekinesis. 

Also, for that matter, Karzahni's mask of Alternate Realities or w/e it was called is technically a psionic mask creating illusions. It gets into your head and forces you to see something that isn't actually real, but if you actually begin to focus, or notice that something is wrong? It doesn't work. If you have experience with psionics? It'd probably be a lot harder for it work. The Mahiki can also be noticed if one is to focus and recognize that it's just an illusion, which can be done - beyond that, it's said that the illusions created by Makuta and Rahkshi deceive the mind and not just one's eyes.

So really, if Okavaung's illusions are psionic in nature, and are created by deceiving the target's mind? Then it's just like the Makuta/Rahkshi power of illusion. Which means it isn't infallible and can be fairly well shrugged off if somebody recognizes it isn't real. Learn how your own powers work before arguing with other people about how what they're doing is just wrong, and start playing realistically. Which includes losing if it would be realistic for you to lose, something that has certainly seemed to be a problem in the last couple rounds.

• Upvote 1

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

MECH PROFILES (DO NOT APPROVE UNLESS I HAVE ALSO APPROVED IT IN HERE)

Mech Name: Tonitrui.

Pilot Name: Xara.

Power/Weapon 1: Gravity Reduction: materials built into the suit drastically reduce gravity’s effect on Tonitrui, allowing it to move faster, jump further, and suffer significantly less damage from falls.

Power/Weapon 2: Paralysing Palm: the exo’s clawed hand has a device built into it that can form a temporary stasis field around anything she chooses to touch.

Power/Weapon 3: Fragmentation Cannon: Tonitrui’s right arm ends in a powerful firearm designed to fire destructive bursts of fragmentation energy.     

Appearance: Long-limbed and dextrous, this exosuit looks similar to a giant Rahkshi, complete with razor-sharp claws, and an arch of spines along its back. The frame is solid protodermis, and the external surface is layered with overlapping plates of protosteel armour. To ensure that the suit retains full mobility, there are some gaps and areas of vulnerability around the joints.

Other: Xara’s body fits snugly in the head/torso of the exosuit, the most heavily armoured area.  Similar to her own armour, the exosuit is connected telepathically to her Kraata, allowing her to see and feel what it does. This has the unfortunate side-effect of her being able to feel a small amount of pain from damage done to the exosuit. The exo has been built to be completely airtight, and able to withstand even the crushing water pressure of a flooded Mahri Nui map.

In addition, Tonitrui is also capable of transmitting speech through speakers in the mouth, and possesses various sensors that allow it to emulate all five senses.  

Xara's Mech approved.

For some reason, the idea of mechs make me want to bring Shard in, but nah....here's Kuro's mech though.

Mech Name: Avenger Angel

Pilot Name: Kuro

Power/Weapon 1: Angel Wings - He got jet-rocket wings that allow flight.

Power/Weapon 2: Element of Moral Light - Control of Light that progressively gets weaker/stronger depending on his emotions. The more he keeps to his Peace and Willpower, Avenger Angel can maintain light-based abilities like creating a hard-light blade called the Shining Sword.

Power/Weapon 3: The P.B. - Not peanut butter, but Peace Bomb. It's like an E.M.P. but affects the pilot rather than the mech. It basically stuns the pilot into a feeling of eternal bliss for a period of time that ranges from 30 seconds to a full minute. It is shot out of a grenade launcher in the right arm. The bomb is a sticky bomb to hopefully assure pacification but prevents it from bouncing or taking it off.

Appearance: A white and gold exosuit that resembles an angel. The frame and armor is made of a strong but lightweight metal alloy. The armor is slim and aerodynamic.

Other: Kuro resides and pilots in a cockpit in the body and is connected telepathically and spiritually (somehow) to it via Kraata, allowing telepathic control and allows access for the Kraata inner light. Of course, in return for such advantages, he feels small amounts of pain when damaged, and his light abilities are affected by his emotions. The mech has a sensor that automatically warns him when his light is waning.

Also, really thought Kuro would be considered to be a good Enforcer.

Kuro's Mech approved, but remove the word "eternal" in Power 3. It's just a momentary attack, so having it last forever is not possible. :P

New mech profile. Disregard the old one.

Mech Name: Combat Hybrid Locomotion Exosuit Type 3 (CHLE-03)

Pilot Name: Sudrec

Power/Weapon 1: Hybrid Locomotion: the CHLE is designed to be able to rapidly shift between different modes of locomotion. They are:

• Landspinners: by dropping the mech's landspinners, the CHLE can essentially roller skate its way over smooth terrain. This allows for very fast movement.
  • Bipedal walking: when the landspinners are raised, the mech can walk, run, and jump like a normal person. Generally, this mode of locomotion is much slower than the Landspinners, but is more controllable.
  • Insect form: by dropping down onto all fours, the mech can assume a stabler form of motion as well as reduce it's vertical target size. However, the hands are restricted from use in this form (due to being used to support the weight of the mech).
Due to the ability of the CHLE's servomotors and the mech's light weight, it can transition between these three modes seamlessly and very rapidly. The CHLE also seems to have some very minor shapeshifting ability that helps smooth over the transition between bipedal and quadrupedal forms.

Power/Weapon 2: 30mm Assault Rifle: can be used handheld or mounted to the side of the cockpit for use as a shoulder cannon (very useful in insect form). Ammo capacity of 30 bullets, 10 magazines; total ammo count of 300 rounds.

Power/Weapon 3: a pair metal tonfa with retractable metal spikes on the long end. Usually stowed on the CHLE's forearms, they can be unhooked and gripped in the mech's hands for combat.

Appearance: while the basic frame of the mech greatly resembles the W0X Alexander, much of the mech's aesthetic design bears similarities to the Baterra. Think a Baterra with a KMF's body shape.

Other: CHLE's onboard computers are run by an AI dubbed the Combat Exosuit Fly-By-Wire Intelligence (CEFBWI). While the AI is technically sapient and can communicate with both Sudrec and beings outside the robot through loudspeaker, it is shackled so that its functionality is limited to running the background process of the mech, such as balance adjustments, aim assist, walking, etc. While in theory the AI could override Sudrec's input and direct the robot itself, the shackles on it places by the Bionifight staff prevent it from doing so. (Basically, it's JARVIS).

As a tradeoff for its speed, the CHLE is not the most well armored, being designed for either avoiding enemy blows and fire or overwhelming them with sheer speed before they can respond. It is not built for tanking.

However the biggest weakness of this mech is such: it's cockpit block is very much exposed. While it is the most strongly armored part of the mech, a strong enough blow or a shot from a dedicated anti-materiel weapon could still breach it, most likely killing or wounding the pilot inside as well.

The CHLE has both a primary front camera and a secondary back camera acting as a sort of "rear-view mirror"; this makes it hard to sneak up on from behind without actively hiding.

Basic control scheme of CHLE can be found here (while the mech is not based off of Gundam, the general principles of piloting are the same.)

Sudrec's Mech approved.

Now that mechs are actually a thing I should probably actually get this up.

Mech Name: Peerless (Type V Powered Armor)

Pilot Name: Kale

Power/Weapon 1: Elemental Light

Power/Weapon 2: Elemental Iron

Power/Weapon 3: Kakama

Appearance: Only slightly bigger than Kale and following the same general body shape, it it a full body suit including a helmet designed to fit over his Kakama. It possesses a coloration composed of light and dark grey splotches meant to break up the wearer's figure and make them harder to notice.

Other: Due to restrictions placed on the suit while under construction the Peerless has been stripped of most of it's functions and left only the bare minimum in place. Mechanical servos provide a strength enhancement boost of about six times what he could do on his own. The half-inch thick armor is comprised of a combination of protosteel and composite layers, combined with the underlying ballistic gel the wearer is provided protection from a wide variety of attacks.

Reposting as requested.

Kale's Mech approved

Velix will try to get this built after the round.

Mech Name: Breaking Thunder

Pilot Name: Velix

Power/Weapon 1: A shoulder-mounted, Speed-based railgun-type weapon. Detailed explanation below.

It works by taking the projectile and shooting it down in the middle of four rails, each of which is charged via a power amplifier and Velix's Speed energy. This produces a much more efficient, though significantly less powerful, railgun. It fires Protosteel shots at supersonic speeds, similar to Tirkah's rifle, but on a larger scale.

Power/Weapon 2: A forcefield of sorts, absorbing a significant amount of Speed from stuff within a twenty-foot radius of the mech. Either it or the railgun can be used at once, not both at once.

Power/Weapon 3: A large tribladed protosteel wheel on the right arm.(Like the main Mindstorms model's spinning saw) It is capable of sliding up or down teh forearm, and the sharp edges are coated in Plasma, suitable for slicing through most materials.

Appearance: A lithe orange-and-red mech of average mech height. Made of Mechatitanium or whatever the default  material is.

Other: The gun swivels quite well. Velix sits in the neck area.

Velix's Mech approved.

This wasn't my fault, I swear.... The scary Skype people made me do it....

Mech Name: The Steampunk Clockodile.

Pilot Name: Terry Terrix.

Power/Weapon 1: Adaptive camouflage – the Clockodile can change its colour to match its surroundings, and even change the shape of some of its outer plates to resemble branches, rocky outcroppings, etc. to help it blend in better.

Power/Weapon 2: Time displacement field – by disrupting time around itself, the Clockodile can temporarily speed itself up, allowing for incredibly fast leaps and lunges that occur seemingly in the blink of an eye.

This ability requires time to charge up, and the Clockodile will make an ominous ticking noise in the moments before the attack is launched.

Power/Weapon 3: Steam Breath – the Clockodile can release powerful jets of superheated steam from its jaws.

Appearance: Like the nightmarish, robotic offspring of a Komodo Dragon and a Crocodile, this mech is a quadruped with huge, powerful legs and a long, muscular tail. The head is packed with teeth, the feet possess jagged claws and the body is covered in thick, ridged armour plating.

Other: cameras and other sensors built into the mech’s head allow Terry – contained within the armoured torso – to see and smell what the Clockodile sees. He also has a small stuffed Tarakava toy which sits beside him inside the cockpit to keep him company. 

Terry's Mech approved.

---

For all Mechs, have your fighters go down to the Engineering Sector after the end of Round 3. They will not be allowed inside, but the character in charge of Engineering will be there with a computer terminal, where the characters can request the Mech IC and will subsequently receive the IC approval. 

---

I will begin looking over any regular character submissions now.

• Upvote 2

Ravyn shouldn't be so quick to find their hiding place. I said they were getting close to the control room, not that they were right next to it. And there should be no way for him to immediately trace the attacks to that particular room. Even if he could see Jorth and Oinez, they aren't even close to the control panel, and there would be no way to see Arkrax's box at that distance.

If anything, I would have checked the rails and nearby walkways for Fa-/Fe-Toa before searching the nearby control room

Edited by Click

My bad. I'm still pretty tired, and I completely admit to missing both the control room and the walkway parts of your posts (though Ravyn's technically not on a walkway; also my mistake for leaving it kind of vague to where he actually was). I'll go back and edit once I get on my console.

Edited by Timageness

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

Name: Kuro, "Fallen Light"

Species: Light Kurahk from a version of the Melding Universe

Power/Weapon 1: Light Level Peace

1. Causes feeling of general ease in nearby creatures.
  2. Nearby presence can calm anyone with anger or otherwise emotions of ill will.
  3. Can make those with large grudges apologize and bury the hatchet.
  4. Can make others slightly pacifistic or slightly increase the willpower or focus of other individuals.
  5. Can calm the angriest of creatures or clear and ease the minds of several. Can make others willing to listen to opinions or think in others' perspectives. Can suppress hostile intent leaving them to only defend.
  6. Can completely take the anger and fight out of anyone.

Power/Weapon 2: Moral Light - He has unlocked the power to access his corrupted inner light. Depending on his emotions, his light will be strengthened of weakened. Basically the powers of a Toa of Light that is limited.

Power/Weapon 3: Staff of Peace in the form of a mace named Pacifier or a Broadsword named Willpower. It has a leather grip. He holds them in his room in the Comfort Sector and can only choose one before the next round.

Appearance: A white and gold Kurahk with yellow eyes. He's also heavily armored and looks like a Rahkshi Paladin. His armor glows naturally, but will darken in accordance to his morality.

Bio: Originally an elite guard of a Makuta in the Melding Universe, yet because of his power, doesn't know why he's in a fighting competition. Like the Rahkshi of Corpus Rahkshi, he is intelligent and can speak Matoran and more.

Some more backstory...

Kuro was one of many of the Rahkshi that were around when a virus broke out in the Rahkshi that made them grow a shadow that would have eventually leached off their light and killed them. And he was one of the recipients. Although he was lucky to survive, he was stuck with his fits of violence. When he couldn't take it anymore, his Makuta sent him to a Ko-Matoran monastery where he learned to put aside his rage and was where he adopted his white and gold paladin Rahk-suit. However this lead to him having Dissociative Identity Disorder without him realizing it. His angry side, however, is never seen. Until now...

After his failures in the last few rounds of Bionifight (right now), his dark side has appeared. However, Kuro decides to accept his inner demons and has become whole.

Personality/Other: He's noble and has a sense of justice. Also is against petty squabbles and violence. Although he is for peace and not anger, he will fight if he deems it necessary. However, now that he is complete, he is not afraid to fight regardless of his morals at some points. He may also enter a moment of rage and violence.

I'll find making this guy very useful for me.

I can't use Kuro's mech if Kuro isn't reapproved. :P

Edited by ArcticFreeze17

Aaww yeah, lets kick it old school!

Name: Turbo Vixen

Species: Slizer

Power/Weapon 1: Has a form of elemental mastery over metals. While she can create any metal she wishes she can any control the metal she has summoned. Metal that is simply around in the environment is off-limits.

Power/Weapon 2: Extreme speeds. Can rev along at speeds around that of a Kakama user.

Power/Weapon 3: Enhanced Vision. Visor over face gives array of visual options, such as highlighting weaknesses in constructions, noting obstacles to avoid during high speed runs, recording and replaying past events and so on.

Appearance: In a way, Turbo has many of the same physical characteristics as any of the Great Being’s playthings: a torso complete with gears and cogs from which springs a head and four limbs. So what if those limbs end in wheels she uses in place of walking, and so what if the head is an elongated muzzle that looks like a snarling crocodile, all the right joints are in all the right places. She’s even got extra! A fifth limb, a long and gangly arm with three digits that appear to all be thumbs, that sticks out of her right side, complete with a muscular if blocky “shoulder”. There are two long, hooked prongs that angle up out of what could graciously be called her knees but these don’t have much articulation, having only an “elbow” that can swing them about crudely. As such, she doesn’t consider them limbs like the five that have full articulation. They’re more like…toes. Really big toes.

Her face, such as it is, is completely covered by a visor, a sleek triangular mask of what looks like opaque glass. Its far tougher that simple glass though, and has been capable of taking impacts at Turbo’s full speed without cracking. 

Her coloration is mostly greenish teal and black, with a few highlights of yellow mostly reserved for her gear-works. 

Bio: Its debatable exactly who created Turbo’s race, or even when they created them. The little biosphere the eight of them live in is either an early experiment by the Great Beings in developing sentient life, a project by the Matoran once they advanced to that level of science, or perhaps both; a strange chronouroboros in which the Matoran of the future become their own creators of the past, locked in an eternal cycle of creation and evolution that somehow never goes anywhere, a spinning wheel that just grinds itself into a rut…

But more likely Turbo’s dimension is nothing to do with the Matoran at all, and is merely tangent enough to share a few features. Namely the existence of mechanical beings with elemental powers living in the appropriate environment. There are seven others in Turbo’s species: Cinder Gargoyle, Scuba Barracuda, Glacier Serpent, Jets Falcon, Vortex Firefly, Amazon Jaguar, Granite Scorpion. Each of them occupy their own little segment of the planet, conveniently divided as it is into seven environs (with Jets Falcon assuming the hub network in the very centre of the planet as his abode). They tend to keep to themselves, the eldritch horrors that lurk dwell on the planet with them usually being eough of a challenge to keep them occupied Lately though, Jets has more and more often been leading incursions into the territory of others, with Vortex, Amazon and Granite backing him up. The other three and Turbo herself have formed a similar loose alliance dedicated to rebuffing these invasive efforts. They are not entirely sure why Jets has developed a sudden interest in slaying them, but they’re not going to just sit back and let it happen.

Now separated from her world, Turbo is not experiencing as much culture shock as you might expect. For a start there are actually less things trying to kill her here than there were on the Slizer world, and the organisation of everything letting her know exactly when things are trying to kill her is a nice change of pace. Bionifight is really more of a holiday to her than anything and for now at least she doesn’t care if she’s stuck there

Personality/Other: A living embodiment of the phrase “more haste, less speed”. She prefers to do everything as fast as possible, which in her mind means as efficiently as possible. She is often wrong, and the mistakes she makes usually take longer to clean up then if she’d just thought a bit harder in the first place

• Upvote 5

7AOYGDJ.jpg