BIONIFIGHT INFINITE

Voltex

IC: Xaeraz paused, then fixed Cyarc with a smile. He'd gotten used to talking to the absolutely insane in Karzahni, and while this encounter was stirring up more unpleasant memories than he would like, he still had an idea that he hoped could save Lytrel and himself. He took a deep breath, relaxing as gravity began to slowly lessen on him, and said, "You hate the King? I don't much care for him myself, to be honest. Why don't you come with me, and we can take his gem from him and end his reign over the both of you?"

All are not the same

But three shall be as one

Freedom in the flame

The end has just begun

IC: Von Worten (Queen's Quest)

In most situations, I try to think things through and act accordingly. However, Nocton's sudden burst of power rattled me significantly, and as soon as everything went black (a result, I assumed, of his shadow powers) and he yelled for me to run, I panicked and ran.

I ran quite literally blindly, unable to see and, for some curious reason, unable to hear (his Gem of Silence came to mind, but I could not fathom the reason for his using it). I simply ran forward, hoping his powers had accomplished whatever he had hoped to accomplish.

Of course, I was, by my estimation, about halfway through the laser area before I realized I had left my book behind.

Some of you might wonder what exactly I like about this particular book. You might wonder why I hold it so dear to me. I have many reasons for this, but chief among them is that it was, and is, a faithful companion. It spoke to me in ways no other living being ever could, and I survived, I am not afraid to say, because I had that book. Of Tales Long and Short, for Reading and Cogitation: A Book of Stories is a friend, and I would not leave it behind for anything.

So it was that I abruptly stopped and spun around, realizing too late that my inability to see made the action unnecessary. I could not run back and retrieve it, both because I could not see well enough to do so, and also because whatever had produced the light and heat was rapidly approaching. I had only my mind to rely on.

I probed away and downward, pressing against the floor and feeling for any irregularity. I am not the best judge of distance, and in my panicked state, I probed wildly. As time passed and all I felt were the housings for the lasers, my panic grew. I could feel the rapidity and urgency of my tears increase, and my chest began to heave with unheard sobs. I felt like I had after that one time, when I had eaten...

"Don't you see? It's got to be one of us. You or me. There's no way around it. You eat, or I do, and I'm sorry, love, but I don't want to die like that."

"But... you'd do that to me?"

"Don't act a saint. You'd do it to me."

"No! I'd never eat--!"

"Don't lie, love. It's unbecoming."

"But I... I wouldn't... couldn't... I don't think... Oh, please drop the knife."

"No can do, honey."

"Please! You'll force me, and I can't do that. Please!"

"Sorr--y? Do... do you see that? There's an animal over there! An actual, real animal! Quick, let's get--ACH!"

Crying. "I'm sorry. I'm so, so sorry. But you were right. By Artakha you were right! I have to..."

I screamed into the nothingness. My mind slammed against my book. In my pain and despair I yanked it toward me, not caring that it knocked the wind out of me as it collided with my stomach. I double over, wrapped my arms around the book, turned, and ran. I didn't know if I was going in the right direction, but at the moment, I didn't care. I was running without the air to help me run, and the pain kept the memories away.

• Upvote 4

My epic: For Them (Review Topic)

BZPRPG: Trauer and Faora

Bionifight Ultimate: Daedalus Drachoren and Von Worten Undtränen

The Elder Scrolls: Ashfall: K'Larn

IC Langmuir - Disunity

My eyes narrowed as Ilyin raised his axe and Halken cracked his knuckles. In contrast to Mirror's uncertainty, I immediately readied myself. Long sword in hand with two more manifest behind me, quivering with kinetic potential as my mask armed them as projectiles.

"If I were you, I wouldn't start a fight I had little chance of winning." I spoke plainly, it was not a threat, but a statement of fact. "You two should know better than to act hostile towards us. We're in this together, aren't we?" I let some edge creep into my voice. Dissuasion was my aim.

...but close to it

IC: Ravyn (Revenant) - Commercial Sector

"No, we're just smart enough to prevent any misplaced sense of pride from interfering with our jobs," Ravyn said casually as he politely declined the offered cigarette. "Or to let it disrupt any potential contracts that might be coming our way."

He grew silent for a moment, trying to recall if he ever had any dreams where he was stuck in a tournament before, but ultimately remained unphased by the knowledge, figuring that it was just another after-effect of the previous night of drinking.

"Religion and I don't mix, either, I'm affraid; there's not really a point in believing in deities and hoping things turn out okay when you can put that same faith in yourself and alter the outcome personally. The organisation I represent has a habit of giving out aliases to those who successfully pass a rite of initiation, and since a member once known as Spectre perished while making sure the rest of us evacuated due to a surprise attack on our former base, our leader decided that Revenent would be a perfect fit since she figured that I'd soon be spending my time hunting down and eliminating those responsible for the incursion."

Another brief pause passed them by before he delivered his closing statement.

"She was right, of course."

• Upvote 1

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

IC: Terry Terrix - Commercial Sector. 

Rolling forwards on his tread-legs, Terry made his way through the scorch marks and blood spatters, looking for someone who'd be able to explain to him just what the heck had happened in here. 

OOC: open for interaction.

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Teaser

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC-Ignis

Ignis returned to the training sector, Having both had lunch, and almost being caught in a massacre. He got his Halberd ready for sparring, and Started to look for a good opponent.

IC-Severain

Meanwhile, in the exterior locker rooms, A Menacing-looking being got up from his slumped position against the wall, and began to survey his surroundings. When he heard the Host's message repeat in his head, He knew instantly what he would do once the fight began, and that was to run wild in the arena, using his vast array of powers to kill left, right, and center, and eventually reign victorious out of all the-

He then noticed his hands were still in the Power-restricting shackles that were brought upon him in his last battle.

"Curses!" He yelled out loud. "What good is a Makuta if their powers are limited?"

OOC

Ignis and Severain open for Interaction.

wGF2PMb.png

lof_teaser.png

(I'll do this eventually, I swear...)

My BZPRPG Characters

Corpus Rahkshi Characters: Kol Arsenal Swarm Amalgamation

Skyrise Characters: Zavon

IC: Haarnak (Training Sector)

Ignis started to look for a good opponent and found one, in the shape of Haarnak. "Hai there!" the Ta-Toa said, pulling some loop-the-loops in the cramped space using his Kadin. "Wanna fight?"

OOC: Haarnak interacting with Ignis.

Edited by Miras: Makuta of Awesome

VBWj75sh.png

GM IC: CYARC - WITH XAERAZ/LYTREL

The massive Toa of Gravity retreated, tapping a finger to his chin as he pondered the idea.

"Kill... the king! Take his gem! This is... a GREAT IDEA! Ahahaha! Ha! Yes! We shall be... friends! And eat... cake! And... kill the king! Ha! Ha... ha!"

GM IC: QUEEN + KOPEN

I believe so, the Queen replied. There are undoubtedly challenges that pose something resembling an actual threat ahead, but this... for someone like me, it is not very effective. My psionics abilities are too powerful; a trick like this is hard-pressed to fool me for long. I suspect that this is merely an obstacle of the maze, and not something created by the being we have met.

GM IC: VON WORTEN + NOCTON

Sirens began to wail as the two fighters reached the opposite side of the room, having tripped the alarm by sprinting past the motion detectors. Up ahead, a small squad of three Vahki - one Keerakh, and two Zadakh - stepped out of the wall, turning to face Von Worten and Nocton.

GM IC: ALBRECHT + EZEZKO

The figure shrugged.

It is a variation of a common test of faith, designed to allow only those who are self-aware through. One cannot cross that gap except to walk across; but they must be self-aware, must have a mind, in order to do so. Anything - or anyone - else would plunge into the pit. 

• Upvote 1

IC-Ignis

Ignis appeared to have been challenged by a Toa of Fire, which he recalled seeing earlier. "Sure!" He gripped his Halberd, before getting into a battle stance. This opponent was capable of flight, so he had to find some way to either knock him out of the sky, or keep him from ascending...

wGF2PMb.png

lof_teaser.png

(I'll do this eventually, I swear...)

My BZPRPG Characters

Corpus Rahkshi Characters: Kol Arsenal Swarm Amalgamation

Skyrise Characters: Zavon

IC: Skull Carrier- Commercial Sector

While his spiders went to work, the Skull Carrier decided to help clear away the rubble from the rather short lived battle. As he bent down to pick up a severed arm, he noticed it was quite flat, as though run over. Nearby were similarly crushed objects that led to a strange being with a strange device harnessed to where his legs would be (Terry Terix).

"Excuse me," he said, standing back up. "Someone might have needed this limb. If you could mind your... step?"

What is that machine he is wearing? He thought to himself, having no clue what the mechanism even was.

waffleman2010.png

*Click Banner to go to the Sikza Spriting Kit topic

IC Ezezko - Labyrinth

「Interesting. Do you have mindless creatures attempting to cross fairly often?」 You asked in a tone of slight sarcasm, as soon as the words had left your mouth, a lightbulb came on in your head. 「Wait... Is that a specific sort of defense against the mindless slaves someone like the Queen could create?」

...but close to it

IC: Kopen - Queen's Tunnel

She slowly pulled her hand away from the "flowers" and turned back down the tunnel. "If you say so," she muttered, though her voice still sounded uncertain. "What are we waiting around here for, then?"

With that, she started wandering into the maze, this time at a slow, cautious pace.

IC: Lady Dajik - Commercial Sector

Her eyes narrowed almost imperceptibly. Questioning her morals was one thing. But no one questioned her effectiveness. At least if they wanted to live a good, long life. If there were fewer witnesses around, she would rip this self-righteous Toa's hearlight right out of his body, weapons or no.

But instead she gave another soft laugh around her cigarette. Basic party survival instinct. "What, do you think that will gain you my friendship? I don't associate with guildsmen like you." She looked down at her fingers, stained and scarred from her work, as if his very appearance sickened her.

Secretly though, she was the slightest bit impressed. Tracking down and eliminating those that had broken through his home's security? That was more like an ally she would want in her arsenal. Patient, cold-blooded, vengeful... but she would never allow signs of her approval to slip out. That would warrant another apology, and the first had been far more caustic than this accursed air.

IC: "So yeah, this is the knowledge sector. Its full of books. And computers. And knowledge stuff."

And all of it geared towards the fighting. Jorth had been slightly alarmed at there being previous tournaments, just the one was bad enough. He'd gone right back to studying the current set of combatants to focus his mind on something else

IC: As Venga recalled, it had in fact been he who had made the first real move. Unless the robots' threats counted as provocation...which to a certain viewpoint they might. In any case he was still fairly sure he could take the mechanical mountains in a fight, so was still raring for the idea of a trial by combat

IC: "I am with the Puller-of-Strings, I refuse to believe your ludicrous and unsubstantiated claims until I am presented proof!" Tuyetkhamun stamped her foot. For emphasis

IC: "We were looking for you." Well, they had been, no-one could accuse Olari of lying, "Now we have found you we were thinking of going on a quest for one of these gems."

7AOYGDJ.jpg

OOC: I found out that I accidentally put Maglev in the Training Sector when I actually made him start going to the Learning Sector.

IC: Maglev/Learning Sector

Upon entering the Sector, I moved past a group of people and made my way to a computer, where I began to access to battle footage, starting with the Mahri Nui round. 

OOC: Sorry for the delay.

IC - Ardian (Training Sector):

Tuning out the voices of those around him, Ardian took several steps backwards as Fia advanced towards him, flailing her legs in an attempt to cut into him with her running blades. When an opportune moment came, he parried a swipe with his sword, the force of the blow fracturing the hard light blade. The blade did not completely shatter, however, so he continued to ward off her own, while stepping in to take advantage of her opening, by throwing an open-palmed strike at her mask.

IC: Fia had flung herself back from her assault as soon as Ardian parried her blade, leaving his palm strike attacking empty air as she landed on her blades once again. Taking advantage of the av-toa's step forward, she roared and flung one fist at his face, a magnetic field forming around the bolts to yank him into them as quickly as they rushed towards him.

Of course, her assault hadn't accounted for a third party foolishly trying to intervene, as she was now apparently trying to strike Sudrec ins.

OOC: Not sure where you got Fia flailing from, considering she was stated as spinning towards him like she was breakdancing?

Edited by This Is Spinal Thirst

All are not the same

But three shall be as one

Freedom in the flame

The end has just begun

IC: Terry Terrix - Commercial Sector.

"Mind ma step?" he leered at the spider being, "I aint got no bloody legs, mate." 

IC: Alisa Dare - Knowledge Sector.

"Well, thanks for your help," she said gratefully, "I guess we'll run into each other in the arena soon enough." 

IC: The Puppetmaster - Knowledge Sector. 

He sighed. Puller-of-Strings, again?  It seemed that Tuyetkhamun would never refer to him by his actual title. 

IC: Xara - Training Sector. 

"Enough!" she sent twin bursts of lightning fizzling between the two combatants (Fia and Ardian), curving them around the idiot (Sudrec) who'd just jumped between the fighters. "Do you guys want that Enforcer to come in here?" 

Edited by Roman Torchwick

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

OOC: Fia flailing is Ardian's perception of break-dancing. =P

Ardian leaped forward, attempting to push Sudrec out of the way, and take the punch himself. "Fool!" He snapped; he had just been considering firing upon his enemy. That was one punch the interloping Toa wouldn't want to take.

IC: Ravyn (Revanent) - Commercial Sector

"Awww, now that hurt my feelings," he said, his voice dripping with sarcasm as he struggled to prevent himself from smiling, which would have ruined the false look of despair he was so desperately trying to maintain. "I think I'm going to go back to my room and drown myself in my own tears."

Long story short, he eventually failed.

"Whatever, lady. No skin off my back. I wasn't looking to braid hair and talk about boys during sleepovers with you anyways; I have far better things to doing with my time."

He then proceeded to grab another two slices of pizza from the stall before taking a fairly large bite out of one of them.

"Like helping myself to the small piece of absolute Artakha that our suspiciously silent ex-pirate friend here took the time to make, for example," he said as he continued to chow down. "Seriously, this reminds me of my buddy Forger's cooking, and he's a freaking culinary genius."

Edited by Timageness

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

IC: Sudrec

"Uh oh..." Sudrec noticed himself being pulled magnetically towards the Fa-Toa combatant, but was pushed out of the way but what seemed to be the Av-Toa combatant, narrowly missing the punch. Pratfalling onto the floor, he clumsily got to his feet before activating the Seeking Blade, the rondel dagger raisin itself to head height. "You two Toa! Terminate your destructive behaviors now! Save it for the arena!"

Edited by One-Eyed Construct

"Ungh..." Ardian grunted softly as Fia's gauntlet collided fully with the side of his head, snapping it to the side. He gazed at his opponent sideways, weakly turning his palm outwards and firing a concussive blast at her gut, from point-blank range. Even as the the emblem on his chest began to glow, he crumpled to his knees, struggling to remain conscious.

-IC: Hound-

Hound felt bad. First, he had shouted while the beings fought. That did nothing. Then, he had remained still, assessing the combat, looking for an opening. The nature of the Fa-Toa's attack made this a very long wait, only letting him get very close, circling with massive, speed-boost-enhanced strides as he waited for an opportunity to present itself. Fortunately, the chance came. With a rush of adrenaline, Hound sped from behind into the Av-Toa, a fiery rage spreading through his veins.

Even as Adrian took Fia's blow and prepared to respond with one of his own, he would (/ should: not autohit) find Hound non-fatally gripping his neck and pulling him back with all of his strength. This intervention would hopefully force his shot to go haywire and end the daft combat.

OOC: Gonna go ahead and insert Hound there, under the assumption it's okay since the only reason 2fast Hound hasn't already intervened was OOC busyness on my part. If not, I'll edit.

Edited by L'Etranger

pNNgXax.jpg

IC: Xara - Training Sector. 

Nice to see I wasn't the only one with common sense around here. 

IC: Virse - Training Sector

As the fight intensified and more contestants were dragged, Virse looked desperately up to Hound... only to find he was already in motion. He grabbed for Nine, and Virse almost cried out to stop him, only to realize the Av-Toa would likely be safer in his... capable paws.

To interfere would only make things worse, now. The Av-Toa were sacred, but that did not mean they were immortal.

IC: Lady Dajik - Commercial Sector

The number of reasons for not killing the Toa was dwindling into single digits. The Lady Dajik was finding it difficult to maintain her mask in the face of his impudence. How dare he, who was not worthy to lick the ash from her feet, speak to her in such a manner?

She looked down at his supposed Artahka to hide the hatred in her eyes. The greasy splatter of cheese and sauces seemed to suit him.

IC: Bajets (Commercial Sector)

She can only raise an eyebrow at this being's rant. She didn't understand half of what he had said nor why it would matter in this instance. Bajets sighed. Great, 15 minutes in and she had already weathered one or two of the insane, a random attack of the robots, and now this. This didn't bode well for the rest of her time in the tournament. Still, perhaps with a bit more talking this fellow would reveal something exploitable to use on him later. Then again, perhaps it would be best to just try to get a rise out of him. 

"Oh, really now? I'd have doubts, personally, about someone whose name was literally 'Forger'. Sounds like all he would do is copy others to make himself look better."

AGoNWLR.jpg

They call me Zakaro. You should too.

IC(Ismekne - Medical Bay): Ismekne went to the sink and washed off the gory mess of dragon blood and flesh. Her powers allowed the water to flow over her and splash on the floor, only to dry up as the Toa reabsorbed it back into herself and let it go in the sink again. 

IC(Kalatin): Kalatin got up, groaning. Sleeping on the floor hadn't been the the best, and while his soft form could take it better than someone with actual bones and armor, it still wasn't...pleasant. He resumed his crawl back up to the Commerical Sector, using his tentacles to help him get up the stairs. He hoped that the other medics had gotten to the others in that time. 

IC(A.D.): A.D. wandered aimlessly in the tunnels around the Arena, feeling hopeless. 

IC: Snarl - Commercial Sector.

It was astounding how much information you could gather simply from listening in on conversations, especially when the people having said conversations thought you were nothing more than a dumb animal.

So many beings had made the mistake of underestimating him in the past....

IC: Ravyn (Revenant) - Commercial Sector

"Nah, he was given that name long before I met him due to his smithing abilities, I believe," Ravyn countered, throwing some more slices onto a plate and setting on the ground before sliding them towards the Energy Hound. "That, and he uses his powers to make duplicates of weapons he's already previously forged during the heat of battle. Too bad he's not here, really; he could've easily demonstrated it for you if he was."

Edited by Timageness

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

IC: Snarl - Commercial Sector. 

Another great thing about looking like a giant dog? People gave you free food. 

• Upvote 2

IC: Naona ~ Comfort Sector

Naona slowly pulled herself up, eyes shut to the rest of the world. She still wished it was a dream. She could still deny it all, but she couldn't. It was too real. Too unfortunately real. She needed a guide. Needed one. And that possible guide was walking away. The footsteps were falling away into the distance.

Remember that sound.

She didn't want to open her eyes. It was an illogical action to take, but she couldn't handle everything.

She would just have to hope she was good enough to follow.