BIONIFIGHT INFINITE

Voltex

IC: Minami

.:Individual, whoever you may be,:. Minami thought, attempting to channel her thoughts only to the spider-covered creature. .:It may be very possible that it is not the Spirits of the Universe that you commune with, but beings of flesh and blood like yourself. Otherwise, why would I feel your presence inside of my mind?:.

Turning back to The Puppetmaster, Minami spoke to the unfortunately glowing being. "It may be that he comes from a society that still engages in Shamanistic or other such practices. I know that in the early days of the Dasaka Empire, we had to deal with a certain ethnic group that was convinced that they were communing with Zuto Nui herself, when in actuality they were invading the minds of the residents of the nearby villages. Fortunately, all that stopped when we assimilated their culture into ours and wiped out their silly beliefs."

IC: Terry Terrix - Training Sector. 

"About bloody time," catching his spinning daggerang, Terry turned away from the firing range and started rolling towards the exit, deciding not to exhaust his incredibly buff body with more completely unnecessary training. 

IC: Snarl - Upper Hallway.

He'd been about to run on ahead to investigate the sounds of battle when the announcement came. The explanation of mechs meant little to him, but the impending nature of the next round had him concerned. 

Do I have what it takes to stand up agaisnt all of these born fighters? 

IC: The Puppetmaster - Comfort Sector. 

"Hm.... that's a possibility," he agreed with Minami, hearing the announcement about the next round, but paying it no mind. This situation needed to be resolved. "But what can we do about it?" 

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: "Well it gives us a place to start..." Jorth mumbled, "Which is better than we-"

"Hello. Are you two researching the tournament?"

A pink Toa in some sort of...bird costume? Jorth wasn't entirely clear on what it was, but it had wings and that was close enough.

"Thats the idea. Might as well know the rules of the place we're stuck in."

IC: Ah, the foe had stayed in his section of the ring. It suggested uncertainty, he was waiting to see what abilities Skrall revealed to him. It demonstrated expertise with his weapon, he knew the hammer would be rendered useless the tighter the fighting got. It displayed caution, he wasn't willing to just rush in and rely on the strength he must have to wield such a weapon.

So, how best to keep him on the back foot...

Skrall waiting until their circular stalking of each other put Tarsus' back to a corner. Then he charged with all the speed he could muster, holding his shield strong like a battering ram. He didn't know where exactly Tarsus had come from but he was fairly sure his strength was comparable to a Glatorian. Which meant he, the Skrall with no name, was the stronger. Couple that with his greater speed and he had enormous power and momentum on his side. His charge should force his foe backwards, either knocking him that way with the force of the charge or causing him to withdraw to avoid being trampled. Once there, the corners of the ring would hem him in, prevent him getting any kind if swing with that hammer. No room to swing it meant no real power to its blows. It would be dead weight. 

Relying on his shield to keep him safe from any tricks his enemy might have, Skrall hoped he hadn't miscalculated and made for Tarsus at full steam

IC: Tuyetkhamun glared at Aclaraung. Possibly. Her Kanohi turned to face him, and there was a chilling sensation to the air between them. Probably a glare under those painted-on eyes. But as the spiders jumped off her, she relinquished her hold of the scythe, bandages unfurling from it and coiling back around her belly. She said nothing to either the dragon or Skull Carrier, silently sulking 

behind her death-mask

7AOYGDJ.jpg

IC: Alisa Dare - Knowledge Sector. 

She was about to comment on the newcomer's arrival when the announcement came. "Looks like I'll get to find out what these rounds are like sooner than I thought," she sighed, "I guess we won't have enough time to research the other contestants now?" 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC(Kalatin):Kalatin grimaced. Soon he would find out what the round was like. He hoped that he would be able to keep his people safe...but he had no people here. They were all back in his home dimension, safe. He was out of his element. Who will I protect? He decided that he would protect the Po-Toa from earlier and Praggos. Hopefully they will forgive me for my mistakes.

IC(Ismekne): Ismekne finished eating. Her mind recalled the names of the next arenas. Excellent. Something to do.

IC: Sudrec

"Aaaaaaah, this feels soooooo much better. My skin can finally breeeeeeeeeath!"

Sudrec had managed to convince the Bionifight Staff to let him trade in his Exsidian armor and poleaxe for something more suited to his song and dance. The Exsidian plate had been replaced by a hard light generator that could deploy a suit of hardlight armor that provided much the same protection - provided it had the necessary battery power though. And what did he replace his poleaxe with?

Long, long ago, before the Great Beings even had thought of the concept of harnessing Elemental Energy, they had been experimenting with particle accelerators. Some of the more hawkish of them and managed to figure out how to apply that technology to use in warfare. As such, particle-beam cannons had been very commonplace in the arsenal of both the Great Beings themselves, and some of their more loyal and affluent subjects. Of course, technology always marches on, and with the discovery of both Elemental Energy manipulation and Energized Protodermis, such clunky technologies had become obsolete. Archaic weapons for an archaic age, they had become. Lasers, plasma cannons, and other elemental blasters had taken the place of the once proud Neutral Hydrogen Particle Beam.

But given the number of freakin' Toa in this place, Sudrec thought that maybe an archaic weapon would suit him better. After all, nowhere in the Matoran Universe had they implemented this kind of technology. It would probably take them by surprise.

Now, as Sudrec was admiring his new gun, the Host's announcement came on.

"... Mechs?"

Sudrec stood around in thought for a moment, before an idea came to his mind.

"... That's right! We were designing an Exosuit variant of Marendar! Or, or, maybe a smaller version of Mata Nui!" With thus Eureka moment, Sudrec made a mad dash to the Library. Hopefully he could find a book on some of the Great Being's plans in it before the round started.

Gotta go fast Sudrec.

Edited by One-Eyed Construct

IC - Aclaraung:

Aclaraung glared back at Tuyetkhamun, releasing the scythe so that the Skull Carrier could do something to put it away. "I agree that this pest-infested semi-sentient needs to be educated and trained regarding his powers, but if I may, I propose we discuss it and do it somewhere where there is room enough for all the beings involved," he said to the group, speaking quietly so that things didn't rattle around him. "And a private meeting between myself and our dehydrated friend here." He narrowed his eyes, looking on Tuyetkhamun. "Although, perhaps rehydration might make her a little more palatable."

IC - Praggos:

"Ow," Praggos muttered, shaking the hand that had been bitten and holding Spindle tightly by the midsection with the other. "I hope he wasn't venomous."

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

GM IC - THE HOST - OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENTS

"Attention, attention!" The Host's voice boomed through the speakers of the facility, rife with his typical enthusiasm. "I have two very important announcements to make!"

There was a pause as he cleared his throat.

"First of all, for those of you who have not openly rebelled against our hospitality, there is an exciting new opportunity on the horizon: Mechanized combat devices! Or mechs, as some say.

These mechs are suits of robotic armor, custom tailored to their owner's wishes, and bought at the cost of three lives from the Infinite System. A special area of the Training Sector will be opened for mech simulations, while the actual mechs will be stored (inaccessibly) between rounds. Don't want anyone blowing their robot armor to smithereens in the hallways!" In all likelihood, only the Host could be so jovial on such a topic.

"The mechs will be available in the near future, and orders are now open in the Commercial Sector!

This is something we've decided to cook up as a reward for fighters who follow the rules, play fair, don't start fights outside of the Arena...

And speaking of the Arena, round three will begin very soon! Be prepared, it's going to be exciting as always!"

With an audible click the Host was gone.

IC: Kuro/Comfort Sector >>> Commercial Sector

"Mechs?"

I was familiar with the name, but I never used, much rather haven't seen, one. Perhaps it would be a good investment to get one. I went back to the Commercial Sector.

I was also aware of the third round coming up. If people were going to fight, unfortunate to say I may add, at least put them out into the arena. 

IC: Prose/Training Sector >>> Arena

"Third round? Finally."

I began to make my way to the arena.

IC: Maglev/Knowledge Sector >>> Arena

"Interesting."

I finished my live replays and decided to head out for the arena. Although purchasing a mech sounded interesting, I wasn't sure if I was considered good by that Enforcer.

IC: Dreidel/Comfort Sector >>> Arena

"Woohoo! I think it's time to hit the dance floor!"

I skated out of my room to get to find the arena.

"Now where is the arena?"

EDIT: Might as well bring these guys in. I'll just time skip after announcements for the two.

IC: Linear/Comfort Sector >>> Arena

"What the Karz?"

Apparently I was in an arena, but hey, that meant I did good. I checked myself and afterwards walked out. Now how do I get to the arena?

IC: Aeolin/Comfort Sector >>> Arena

"Hmm..." I decided to ponder what I was told.

~So we fight huh?~

~Yes. But we must be careful. We should make our way to the arena.~

I walked out and made my way to the arena.

Edited by ArcticFreeze17

IC: A new round, huh?

I glanced back from my current shadowboxing session in one of the rings, towards that fight I'd seen earlier. How was that kid holding up?

...Well, Small, Bright, and Ego was gone, which was good. But that kid, holy . Whatever he had to prove by getting his face turned into hamburger, it can't have been worth it.

helo frens

-==GEM OF ???==-

As Ten grabbed for the gem...

Everything seemed to turn back to normal, except with Ten now holding a gem that kept seeming to generate random things for a few more seconds. If they looked, they would notice they were just around the corner from where they had started, the defenses having seemingly created random illusion-like things to protect this gem of randomness.

-==/GEM OF RANDOMNESS\==-

-==IC: Enforcer==-

The Enforcer nodded to Dayeth to show they were free to go for the moment, as the powers were restored, even as the Enforcer walked off. However, as they were not far out of sight, they got another signal that yet another fight was going on.

-==IC: Enforce==-

The Enforcer fell from the air with an annoyed look on their face. "Enough. Fighting." The Enforcer stated, as the titan looked between Arkie and Gamma. "You're getting off easy this time, you two." The Enforcer said, as they shoved the two illegal combatants aside. "I'm not in a good mood, and the round's starting soon anyway... Settle it in there." The Enforcer gave that one warning, and then walked off once more, now on a mission.

-==IC: En=-

"Host." The Enforcer stated, as the titan appeared in the office of the being in question. The Enforcer had a weary look on their face, as a result of the recent draining times.

The Host looked up briefly with a jovial smile, as the Enforcer sat down, just exhausted. "Well, well, hi E. To what do I owe the favour?" The Host said happily, as the Enforcer sighed.

"I need a break." The Enforcer said, and the Host looked up again with an intrigued pause, as the Enforcer continued. "It's been non-stop, and these people are like bloodthirsty." The Host considered that, and nodded, however, his response was cut off once again. "I have an idea, however."

-==IC: E==-

The titan walked out of the office after the discussion had taken place. A weight had been lifted off the being's shoulders; but there was still one more thing to do...

"Noroi." The being said, as they walked into the room they had been told the armoured warrior was in. The titan raised an eyebrow at the warrior's true form, but smiled. "I'm sorry our sparring session got postponed. But, I think I can make up for that." The titan paused, and frowned slightly. "I'm probably interrupting something, but I'll be out of your way soon, just... Let's make up for the lack of our current fight... With an all out match soon enough." The being turned away after that enigmatic comment, and then walked out of the room, and toward another part of the comfort sector...

-==IC: Private Announcement==-

As Sandalphon admired the hamburger of Damaka's face, an announcement calling him to the Host's office would be played over the speakers. It sounded like it was of an urgent matter...

(How rude, Aclaraung)

IC: Skull Carrier

Spindle quickly bit at the other hand to finish the job and escape finally. The silver skull spider was as upset as its master was currently.

"You would be wise to check your words, dragon," considering they were crammed into this small room, The Skull Carrier easily overheard both nearby exchanges as he stood there clutching his weapon. Then, silently, he added: "There is always the chance this 'semi-sentient' could turn this whole arena against you and your self-righteous ilk. May the mask-makers have mercy on your souls." His spiders hissed in agreement. He had a plan. He would rally others against these creatures who fancy themselves superior, and he knew where to start.

Edited by Drakua Toa of Rahi

waffleman2010.png

*Click Banner to go to the Sikza Spriting Kit topic

IC - Aclaraung:

"You're only making my point for me, hatchling," Aclaraung replied to Skull Carrier. "Any more intelligent being would withhold their threats and false bravado in favour of actually obtaining vengeance and redress. Consider that your first life lesson from me."

IC - Praggos:

However, with where and how Praggos was holding Spindle, the spider couldn't contort himself to manage the bite.

"Come in," he said to whoever was at the door.

profiles i guess

IC: "I've been here for a couple of rounds too." Jorth nodded towards Alisa, "She's the newb. Though, frankly, I'll take any information being offered."

IC: Tuyetkhamun gestured at Skull Carrier. "There, he expresses no gratitude towards you and even seeks vengeance on you despite your attempts to defend him. Now will you let me take him? It will not hurt him." She considered her words for a moment, "Assuming he does not resist too much."

Edited by I Am Ultron Six

7AOYGDJ.jpg

IC: Dayeth - Commercial Sector. 

"Glad that's over."

"Considering that you just violated the minds of every single person in this arena, I don't like the chances of anyone taking your side, primitive," he couldn't help but sneer at the pathetic creature's presumptuous statements. 

To Tuyetkhamun, he added. "Do what you will; I won't interfere." 

"Newb? Thanks," she huffed, "But yeah, any info you have would be welcome." 

Edited by Locus

"Right.... I think I got the general idea of that. And Jorth already told me that we'll lose our "lives" if we skip rounds." 

IC: Tahnok Nuva

He stood there, awaiting a response from the machinist before him (Tahnok asked the matoran at the mech booth in this post http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/17210-bionifight-infinite/?p=906900)

IC: Skull Carrier - Spindle - Save me from this metal man!

Spindle, disappointed, ceased its struggle, and instead stared at the Toa with resigned in indifference. It was just not its day, was it?

Edited by Drakua Toa of Rahi

waffleman2010.png

IC Tenjou - Knowledge Sector

"Good, I know it's a lot to take in for some people. May I ask what your world is like? It's hard to grasp, but many of the contestants here come from vastly different worlds. I myself had never dreamed of all the possibilities. Some constants seem to run throughout them, Toa, for example. You seem to be one, as does he. Most of us appear fairly similar, you have an elemental alignment and a powered Kanohi of some sort, correct?"

...but close to it

IC: Tomo (as Coco)

At Praggos's acknowledgement, Tomo, in her guise as Coco, stepped into the room, sparing a glance at the Enforcer as they walked out. "Please excuse this one. This one was asked to deliver a message and several gifts to a certain Toa of Stone named Naona by one of this tournament's contestants. It assures you that the intent behind this delivery is not malicious, but rather it is for the purpose of... Making amends."

Okay, my voice sounds like a guy, I look like a guy Toa; there's no way she would recognize me.

But why am I talking like this? This is weird

OOC: for reference, Coco's voice should sound like a Hanar.

Edited by One-Eyed Construct

"Only Rahkshi in my world have elemental powers. Our Toa are all completely unique." She tapped her mask, "This is powerless, but some of use have powered Kanohi. I chose to sacrifice a mask power to devote my mental focus to another ability." 

IC: Kopen - Queen's Tunnel

Normally, Kopen would be relieved to be off on her own at last. But she had seen enough of... that being's power to know being alone was not a good idea.

She also wasn't sure whether to be pleased or insulted that the field had let her through. "I... I don't know..." she said softly, a tiny quiver of panic slipping into her voice. "It... it could be anything. I'm a Matoran, I can't see, I don't have... well, powers in general. But if... they are keeping out beings of power... why let me through? Why would they... split us up now?!"

She swayed in place, nervously searching for any sign of an attack.

IC: Lady Dajik - Commercial Sector

She waved off the Lady Bajets' objects. "Figure of speech, my dear. I know I have been sent here as well as you do."

She listened impassively to the halls, picking out a few distant shouts. If it was a fight, there was no need to interfere. Let them kill each other before the round starts. "It's none of our concern," the Lady Dajik said, delicately. "We just left a horrendous battle ground. No need to go running headlong into another."

An announcement from their superiors broke in on the conversation. The Lady Dajik once more listened closely, memorizing every word. These so called "mechs" were common in Metru Nui. She had always found their huge, clunky frames... distasteful. It was much preferable to have full range of motion when executing missions.

The second bit of news was far more interesting. It was a shame she had already missed two rounds, but she would make up for it this time.

IC: Virse - Med Bay

Before Buzzz could respond, the Host's voice echoed through the Infirmary. She was far too excited at the first announcement to bother listening to the second. Something about a round... but Mechs!

The larger creations of the Great Beings were rare finds, and even more rarely operable. Of course, no one had the expertise to repair them. The opportunity to pilot such an artifact was... incredible, to say the least. She could barely resist running out the door then and there to find them.

But she had friends to take care of first. She cast a worried eye back to Nine once more, wondering if the Av-Toa was going to be alright.

IC: Thaera - Med Bay to Training Sector

Just a few more steps...

The Fader Bull was so near now. It would be so easy to reach out and snag it. But not yet. He'd been hunting this one for weeks, but it had managed to slip away every time. That's what you get for messing with something with teleportation powers.

Io hummed softly in anticipation beside him. The Avohkah seemed to be watching as closely as he was. Almost... there...

There was a whoosh of metal slicing through the air, and Thaera smelled ozone as Io leapt from its cage. He didn't get the chance to see his success, but he had no doubt this time. All around him was nothingness, whirling disorientation, as was to be expected.

And then... he found himself in bed. Thaera hissed and pounded the sheets in disappointment. He'd dreamt up the whole thing. He sat up and snatched his Avohkah Claw... only to realize this was not his home. It was a medical center, full of all kinds of beings and strange doctors. His mouth hung open in incomprehension, and he rubbed at his eyes to make sure he wasn't seeing things. No, he was still there. Just before he had the chance to start screaming for an explanation, a soothing voice began playing off to one side. His shock faded into a grim satisfaction.

About time...

He hopped up and strolled through the halls after making sure he hadn't been mauled by angry Fader Bulls. A map showed four different sections of the building, but only one appealed to him right now. He quickly found his way to the Training Sector, conversing with Io the whole way. He had long since gotten past the stares their musical language drew. But the two fell silent as the same voice poured out once more, this time announcing the next round was beginning. Thaera redoubled his pace and soon found himself near a group of Rahkshi, Toa, and... something big and furry. He watched them closely, another grin playing at the corners of his mouth.

Io hummed something to him, and he nodded back. In normal Matoran, he said, "I want that one."

• Upvote 1

IC(A.D.): Swallowing the bad taste in his throat, A.D. walked over to the open door. "You can stop with the arrogant presumption, Aclarung. We are all equals here." He gave a look at Tuyetkamn that indicated that he meant that statement for her too.

A.D. felt he could understand the purpose of the rounds now - it was to let off pent up frustration from the summoned fighters that could lead to disasterous results otherwise.

IC - Aclaraung:

"When I get to stop playing surrogate father I will be done with this attitude," Aclaraung growled at AD. "Or would you rather I let them all rip each other to shreds, violate each other's mental sanctity, and generally anger our patrons, and have you suffer for it in my place?"

Edited by Grochi ad Infinitum

profiles i guess

IC: Skull Carrier - Comfort --> Commercial

"You... All of you, barging in here, accusing me of crimes you yourselves commit," he stares pointedly at the blue Toa at the back with comtempt. "Attempting to undermine all that I believe... You know nothing of faith, nothing of the great spirits that keep the cosmos bond together. You will not succeed in making me a slave to your will and false ideals. Now go compete your so-called tournament. I will not be joining you in the taming of these mech beasts." With that, he barges his way through the group of giants and out towards the commercial sector

waffleman2010.png

"Our skakdi have elemental powers, too." She'd almost forgotten about them. Backwards savages, thugs and mercenaries. "And they've got vision powers too, but nothing else." 

________________________________________________________________________________________

Except the Puppetmaster was still standing between the primitive and the exit to the room. "We're not done yet." 

IC: Tarsus The Inquisitor - Training Sector

Tarsus didn't need to see the corner behind him to know where it was; the other two visible boundaries of the ring, resting just inside the range of his peripheral vision, suggested its proximity well enough. The ensuing charge indicated that his opponent had a similar strategy in mind, most likely in order to limit the effectiveness of Executioner's swings. It wasn't a bad plan, per se; The Inquisitor could see himself coming to that conclusion as well in the event that he had to engage a foe bearing the same type of weapon as his own.

Had he waited to do it three or four more moves into the battle instead of making his intentions that obvious from the beginning, and it might've even worked out in his favor.

Crouching down and stepping forward, he thrust the warhammer out at the sheild, appearing like he was intent on meeting the attack directly before pivoting on his heel and spinning his body towards the side his foe's sword arm was on, putting himself in a prime position to use his momentum and swing the weapon at the back of the being's unprotected leg.

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

"You attempted to invade my mind, and that of the others around me, savage," all pretenses of eloquence shattered as the Great Being glowered down at the pathetic creature standing before him, "you don't just get to just dismiss me and walk away." 

IC: Lekona - Training Sector

"So," Lekona said to Elittra after hearing her statement, "Gem hunting it is?"

Pu32xij.png

^Link to the Jatikko Reference Post^

Credit to T1S for the Okomation kit used here. Credit to Miras for the banner.

Bionifight Infinite Profiles - Lekona

Matoran Und Panzer Profiles - Kaleva/Jäger, Wekan

Year 60,000 Profiles - Kaleva/The Crimson Predator, Valfares

Formerly "toa nidhiki nuva".

IC - Aclaraung:

"Regardless of what you believe, arachnophilic, he speaks the truth. You did brush our minds in your mental explorations, and it seems you don't even realize that's what you've done." He lowered his head so that he was on eye level with the Skull Carrier. "Mental powers may be rare in your world, but we're all familiar with them. We know just what you did, and we know you need to learn to control yourself before you meet somebody more violent than us; you might find that your mind is no longer there if you do." He glanced askance at Tuyetkhamun.

profiles i guess

IC Tenjou - Knowledge Sector

The berth of possibilities continued to amaze her. "I assume they have control over things such as fire, water, electricity and gravity? Those are what you could call the primary elements. They seem to be a common occurrence in many worlds. Most contestants possess powers from that set. I myself am a light elemental, as many of the Toa from my world are." She produced a small orb of glimmering hardlight in her palm. "I am curious as to your world's unique powers, what kind of things are they?"

...but close to it

IC: Von Worten (Queen's Quest)

I was still on my hand and knees, with my right arm clutching my book against my chest. When one of the Shataiki fired a blast at me, I rolled toward my right shoulder, barely managing to dodge the attack. Unfortunately, I blocked my view of the Shataiki, as I rolled in such a way that a rather thick tree stood between me and my foes. Noctomas appeared to be able to see them, however, as he continued to attack. I tried for the first time since I had collapsed to stand, and I was halfway up when the being appeared.

I froze when his mind spoke into mine. I recognized it from earlier. I did not want to speak to this being--I certainly did not want to "chat"--but I was strangely curious. What would Teelah want with us? Why would he deign to speak to us?

My curiosity got the better of me.

Chat about what?

OOC: Von Worten mind-speaking to the golden being.

My epic: For Them (Review Topic)

BZPRPG: Trauer and Faora

Bionifight Ultimate: Daedalus Drachoren and Von Worten Undtränen

The Elder Scrolls: Ashfall: K'Larn