BIONIFIGHT INFINITE

Voltex

IC - Praggos:

"It's a gem, and it's dangerous, and I wouldn't recommend touching it," Praggos said, reaching out a hand and stopping Intavus, who he had quickly followed behind. "Beyond your ability to control fire, I doubt you'll have many defenses should this prove problematic - and aside from that, I've barely any presence in the tournament anyways, and I have a rather scientific interest in these gems. So, if you'll allow me..." His hand moving quickly, Praggos reached out to snatch the gem off of its podium, ready to run back the way he had come in case something bad were to happen.

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

IC - Praggos:

Praggos lunged forwards, stretching out his other hand in the process. If he didn't grab the gem, he would roll over right on top of it, and as it was, there wasn't space enough for another Intavus to materialize between him and the gem, anyways. And, thanks to longer reach already and stronger legs, he'd be getting there before Intavus number who knows which.

profiles i guess

-==IC: Elly==-

Elly blinked, as the temperature in the room abruptly turned back to normal. "That was odd..." Elly said, as she scratched her head. Was that the Gem of... Elly paused, and held her hand out for the gem for a moment; since she could figure it out.

IC: Taurus

Taurus looked up to see what he assumed to be a Toa, and... A Rahkshi. Well, wasn't the weirdest thing here... He released a burst of air through his horns. "Hello. Yes, I am new here, wherever that is..." Should he tell his name? He needed allies, and while they were not as good as his fellow Hunters, they would be useful. "Name's Taurus. You?"

Edited by Wielder-of-Shadow

Corpus Rahkshi: Shock, Mortsia, Draco,  Dahl, and Carraig 

RPG score card:
Bionifight Infinite

08954f34332a96d31850e49325e8f196.jpg

"Hmmm..." Elly examined the gem, and thought for a moment. "The Gem of Cold Resistance, huh? That explains some things." Elly nodded, and handed the gem back to Praggos, and then began to head toward where she figured the exit would be... And then paused, as she recalled there wasn't one. "... Now what...?"

OOC: Could I request everyone to gather around the pedestal?

IC: Snarl - Elly Quest.

The energy hound shuffled closer to the pedestal, hoping the cold resistance gem might provide some warmth. 

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC - Praggos:

"Maybe there was a button we missed, or a lever, or something like that?" Praggos supplied, shrugging. He leaned back, sitting against the pedestal from which he had grabbed the gem. "I'm not too sure, to be honest."

profiles i guess

IC: Glaive - Enforcer's Quest

After what happened the last time he had seen one of those Gems, Glaive was in no hurry to get any closer than he already was. He watched the struggles with a bemused smile until at last the gem fell into the hand of this "Enforcer." And yet there was no body-switching or power-locking or strange occurrences of any sort. Well, maybe it got a little warmer.

Since the danger appeared to be over, Glaive couldn't stop himself from lumbering closer to inspect just what these Gems really were.

IC: Urashimako

Due to the puppetmaster across the fourth wall not bring around to pull the strings, Urashimako had stood in silence while this fight for the gem was going on. At the Enforcer's summons, he moved in slightly closer.

IC: Lytrel

Lytrel took the disorientation Rhotuka head on and fell to the ground.

"Some... Some help here?" He managed to choke out even as he attempted to focus his gravity powers on the Wyrm, not sure if he could muster up the necessary focus to crush the launcher of the Rhotuka.

IC: The Wyrm - Arma Virique - Clifftop. 

He wasn't quite caught fully in Lytrel's gravity well, but it was enough to slow his movements.... enough to make it impossible to move out of the way of the shot he hadn't even seen coming....

Tirkah's bullet punched through his back and burst out through his chest in a spray of crimson. He slumped, blood and spittle dribbling from his slack jaws. His chameleon skin fickered back to its normal hue, and then he vanished altogether.

OOC: The Wyrm KO'd by Tirkah and Lytrel. 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

As Elly was about to respond to Praggos, everyone gathered around, and Praggos decided to answer his own theory. As he sat on the pedestal, it made a clicking noise, and the floor dropped out from underneath them; even as they could feel it getting even hotter...

IC: Snarl - Elly Quest.

Dogs were never meant to fly!

IC: Glaive - Enforcer's Quest

Of course...

Glaive stretched his body and expanded his profile, attempting to slow his fall. His claws scraped at the sides of the pit, but failed to gain purchase.

IC: Kale, Virse, Maccha, Olari, Dayeth, Xaeraz, Kopen, Arkrax, Minami, Hagah, Tenjou, Kalatin, Sesdec - Pyramid

It seemed like everybody understood the plan. Time to move.

“Virse, Maccha, Olari and Dayeth, with me.” Kale said as he turned and exited the room.

The three Toa and one Hero followed after, Virse’s evident excitement contrasting sharply with the caustic scowl of the Dark Toa turned Light. Dayeth’s mask still retained that power.

Xaeraz watched them go, then turned back to his work, slowly restoring the damage caused by the unstoppable shells of Arma Virique. Kopen watched for a moment as the limbs rebuilt themselves, but after a while, she had to turn away. A small box on the counter caught her attention. The remains of the box which had created the map for her. She carefully brought Arkrax over to her friend. “Can you fix him?” she asked. Xaeraz just nodded. He couldn’t afford the focus for words.

The pyramid maze twisted and turned, but by now Kale was starting to get the hang of the path and they were soon outside. The bright desert sun beating down on them and the other members of the army standing nearby.

Looking over the heads of those assembled Kale called out once more.

“Minami aaaand, Hagah. Come here.”

The Dasaka turned at her name and started walking up to Kale. Hagah was nowhere to be found, until a soft “moo” came from behind the group, and the Artahka Bull lumbered out of the Pyramid, where he had been hiding from the heat.

“Ah, there you are. Alright, all of you will be gaining light powers for the near future. Courtesy of Dayeth and myself. The plan here is to have all of us, in addition to Tenjou and Arkrax, use our powers as a mobile artillery squad. Once Xaeraz is done fixing himself up he will be draining the Jungle area of all it’s water. Of course this means that the entire place will be ready to go up at the slightest spark. We will be that spark.”

“Once the area is dried out we will light it on fire via high heat beams of light. Once that is done everyone needs to wait until the fire dies down, hopefully taking some of Arma’s fighters as it does so. No jungle means we get a clear line of attack directly at their base.”

“Any questions?”

There were various head shakes and “No”s from the group, and so Kale ushered them all into position. Arkrax chose this moment to arrive, fully functional after Xaeraz’s repairs. “I was told ~ I was needed,” was all the explanation he gave.

Back in the Control Center, Xaeraz was wrapping up his own repairs, and Kopen stood close by. Kalatin was left to watch the map, and he was not liking what he was seeing. “Uh, guys?” he called over to the two. “Arma is on the move again. They...” What passed for eyes on Kalatin’s gelatinous surface widened as one of the blue dots suddenly shot towards the Pyramid at an impossible speed. “They’re coming in fast!”

Kopen reached her earpiece first, and all at once the words came gushing out of her. “Kale! Arma Virique is attacking again! Get out of there!”

Kale searched the borders of the desert for an attacking force, but what he didn’t expect was the huge piece of metal hurtling towards them in the sky. They had only seconds. “Everybody down! You too, Kopen!”

There was an earsplitting crack as the projectile hit the pyramid and continued on unimpeded. The mass of stone within the walls did nothing to slow it; it burst from the other side of the pyramid with a rumble of collapsing stone.

As the dust cleared and the pyramid fell back into silence, Kopen slowly pushed herself up and surveyed damages. It sounded like the shots hit far below the Control Center, so at least there was that. Her earpiece buzzed. “Kopen, Xaeraz, are you alright?”

“Yeah, we’re fine,” she replied breathlessly. “What was that?”

“I don’t know. I’m sending someone to check it out now.” Kale surveyed the shocked troops around him. So few of them seemed ready to combat a serious threat. They had lost too many, and far too many valuable resources. They were down to three mechs, including his own, and he didn’t dare send anything less.

He pointed to the papery mech on the front lines. “Sesdec, I want you to go see what that thing was, and if we need to worry about it.” The Paper Toa nodded within the Polyhydra, and a few of its folds gave a passable salute before rolling off to fulfill orders.

• Upvote 3

IC(Kalatin): The gelatin ducked as an unidentified thing went above his head. He heard the rumble of collapsing stone. Instinctively he sent tentacles along the walls and floors to make sure that there wasn't going to be a cave-in. He withdrew them just as quickly when he heard Kopen's voice. 

IC Maccha Yellow - Royal Blindside - LASER Group

You were eagerly running over a list of possible attack names for Kale's artillery idea. Whether or not the Av-Toa knew of his power, the enemy certainly wouldn't. So that one HEROICALLY yellow beam would be packing a surprising punch.

Special Beam Cannon?

Nah.

The BETA from the three parter OVA "MacchaLuv," had had nice laser SFX, but they hadn't had any memorable attack nomenclature.

Chomp.

Best not to recall those episodes in too much detail, the studio had been trying to cash in on the untapped cash cache of the crowd that liked the darker and edgier stuff. You had found it wholly unnecessary, especially given the all too comfortable and welcoming ease into the trilogy with the the first part.

"Really!"

It was best not to recall.

Final Flash?

More fitting, but a little solo sounding. No, you were more like a system of moons orbiting the tactical Av-Toa mastermind at the center, working as a cog in the clockwork of a grand social construct.

Moon?

Sate-...

SATELLITE CANNON?

"Perfect." You grinned and chuckled dryly to yourself.

IC Belitun - Royal Blindside - Interdimensional Space

She had stuck her head outside the gash in space-time just in time to see the flying rotund mech. Casting a quick glance around the area, she correctly surmised it's path and likely point of origin : the jungle. The target : the pyramid.

Pinching the cut together, she continued her way through the space betwixt space.

IC Izarargi - Royal Blindside - Pyramid Area

Her henceforth uneventful time in the War Games was made more eventful when a giant orb crashed through the pyramid, taking a good chunk with it. Once the loud part was over, she began making her outside, just in time to see the origami machine weave it's way towards the landing site. She followed at a distance.

...but close to it

IC: Terry Terrix - Royal Blindside Army - Pyramid Entrance. 

"Are you bloody joking?" he shouted at no one in particular. "Cuz I aint laughing!" 

IC: Miril - Royal Blindside Army - Pyramid Exterior. 

I was a pirate by trade. Explosions and surprise attacks were part of the daily routine.

That said, I'd never seen something quite like that before. 

• Upvote 1

IC: Zakaro (Arma Virique, Strike Team B, Cove Tunnels)

It was quiet. Too quiet. Things were always quiet, however, so the fact that they were too quiet at this particular moment had little bearing on Zakaro's level of caution. 

That level being very high. 

Left hand on the wall, right hand grasping his sword, Zakaro led his three-man Strike Team through the winding tunnels of the Cove, gradually going upwards. It was a good five or six minutes after they entered the tunnels that Zakaro stopped, raising his hand in a fist to indicate his companions do the same.

There was someone, or perhaps something, just a curve or two down the tunnel, and they had been shifting on their feet, perhaps even pacing, and had just stopped. It was more the stoppage of that movement that alerted Zakaro than anything else. Perhaps they could get the drop on this fighter, perhaps not. 

The raised hand morphed into a countdown. Three fingers. 

Zakaro crouched and focused, preparing his elemental abilities to react instantly as soon as he saw the being. 

Two fingers. 

His left hand departed from the wall and grabbed at his sword, grasping the hilt lightly. 

One finger. 

An earthen orb formed in his right palm, and his Pakari activated. 

"Go!" Zakaro whisper-shouted, darting around the corner to hug the right wall and throwing the orb full-Pakari-powered-force at the being. 

OOC: Strike Team B encountering and engaging any of the Fist fighters within the Cave system. 

IC: Ajiseni (Enforcer Fun)

She had been dubious of that platform but followed anyway, and had just stepped on when the ground dropped out from under her. 

Shouting with surprise, and not really enthusiastic about being trapped in that small space with all of the other volatile beings on this quest, Ajiseni simply and easily engaged her jets, climbing- or rather slowing her fall- above the rest rapidly. As the drop continued, she just allowed herself into a controlled fall, descending more slowly but not so much as to lose sight of the rest, though perhaps the shaft was too short for that to ever happen. 

AGoNWLR.jpg

They call me Zakaro. You should too.

IC: Mistress - Cove Cave Systems

She had felt something. The faintest rustle of wind through her smoke, and then form. She paused just around the corner and sent more tendrils of smoke out to meet the intruders.

Four opponents. They were not even attempting to appear as one of her own teammates. They were waiting for her move. She could feel their small motions through her smoke.

Even as Zakaro jumped into position, Mistress hit the ground and the tunnel was full of toxic smoke. Even breathing would be painful, and eventually fatal. Visibility was null. But she saw all.

IC: Feli Gemshimmer (Cove, Tunnels | Tahtorak's fist)

A shout echoed in the tunnels. A shout that no one from her team had any reason to make: an order for movement or attack. Alarmed, the lifeless titan turned around and moved towards the sound, almost running. The tunnels weren't too spacious, and some of the passages had to be ignored because of their small size, but she was making progress. When she saw clouds of ominous smoke, the mecha stopped, its pilot considering what to do next. Was she protected from the fumes inside the Wraithknight in the case they were dangerous? Instead of risking it she decided to prepare for combat by drawing out the huge yet elegant blade.

still alive somehow

BZPRPG profiles

IC Hryfon - Cove Tunnels

The tunnels began to slope upwards.

"So, we there yet?"

IC: The Puppetmaster - Tahtorak's Fist - Tunnels.

"Nearly there," he pointed up ahead, where the faintest rays of sunlight were beginning to filter down through an opening somewhere around the next bend. 

GM IC: DREISEN - MEDICAL BASEMENT

Dreisen reached the bottom of the stairwell, turning towards the open doorway on the left; an operating table was visible inside, and on the floor were... blood stains?

IC: Antiro - Medical Basement

"Well," I said, eyeing the stains on the ground, "that's charming, now isn't it?"

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC: Owethed

The toxic fumes were mere small-fry compared to the mighty magicks of Owethed's elaborate energy cape.

The purple-red aura splurted out of his generator, enveloping in protection from the tears of angry children.

WHAT WERE FUMES TO THE DARKNESS?

He leapt through the smoke like a bat in the night, katakana swinging through the air, its powerful edge slicing apart even the gases that stood in his way.

IC(A.D.): "Not nearly so charming as this," A.D. said, yanking a cylindrical object out of the door hinges, electricity sparking from the ends. "Spring-loaded door. Thing would slam shut as soon as we got inside."

OOC: Run electricity through a spring. Electromagnetic force contracts the spring, and bingo. 

GM IC: DREISEN - BASEMENT

"Good find," the Toa said, nodding to A.D. before cautiously stepping into the room, crouching next to the bloodstains to inspect them. 

"What do you think, sir?" Reezo asked, crouching beside him.

"I dunno," Dreisen replied, shrugging. "I- agh!"

"Sir?"

Dreisen grabbed Reezo by the shoulder to steady himself as pain spiked through his mind.

Connection established, Vertak. Please be quick.

"Vertak's calling," Dreisen groaned, holding a hand to his head. "Augh... this...."

Dreisen, it's Vertak. Problems in Engineering - more Mechs disconnecting from our systems, unable to get them back online.

I'll... be down there... soon. Get out... of my head.

The pain receded - Dreisen instinctively knew that Vertak had as well. He waited a moment as he took a deep breath before nodding to Reezo and standing back to his feet, turning to Vagust, A.D., and Antiro.

"Sounds like there are more issues in Engineering," he said. "If any of you wish to continue searching down here, be my guest; I need to go make sure that my sector doesn't collapse on itself."

IC: Mistress - Cove Tunnels

Well, that was... unusual. Somehow, the cape around the large Steltan was protecting him from the smoke. It must be a very special cape, but she could deal with that. The one thing the cape could not defend against was the choking darkness. He had no idea that she was still on the floor. His blade cut through the smoke far above her, but not quite as a typical blade would. She could feel the absence it left behind, cutting things that should not be able to be cut. Mistress made a mental note to not get in the way of that blade.

There, pistol charged. The barrel fired off a shot towards the Steltan's leg with scarcely a hiss of air, and then she was moving again, rolling back down the tunnel as silently as she could manage.

A new presence had joined the battle, but Dajik recognized the feel of this one. It was one of the mechs of her allies, and any kind of assistance would be greatly appreciated. Mistress thinned the smoke around the rear two attackers to give her ally a better target, and instead directed it towards her own opponent, prodding for any opening in the cape, whether by permeating it or sneaking up from the bottom. She would give this bold adventurer a taste of death, one way or another.

IC: Owethed

The bolt of air slammed against Owethed's energy cape, dissipating. He would not let himself be smoked out. The generator leapt into overdrive, covering his entire body with the cape. If his opponent sought to find a hole in his defenses, then it was a futile effort.

Now where had they gone?

His eyes watched the darkness.

There.

The smoke that blocked his way was sliced apart by his strangely-shaped blade, and Owethed rushed forwards at Dajik, sword pointed horizontally to cut through anything that touched its edge.

Edited by Tyler St. Francis

IC: Feli Gemshimmer (Cove, tunnels | Tahtorak's Fist)

She noticed the smoke thinning and smiled inside the cockpit: It was time to fight. The Wraithknight moved forwards, its pilot spotting enemies ahead, people she hadn't seen when their team was gathered on the clifftop. Two Toa and a taller purple being that looked like a warlord from Stelt. She approached from behind, so it was unlikely that they had spotted her mecha yet and that she would surprise them. So why not use the most destructive weapon she had to maximise the damage?

The Doom of the Wicked rose and unleashed a storm of bright liquid fire of the stars themselves.

still alive somehow

BZPRPG profiles

IC: Antiro - Medical Basement

I wasn't thrilled at the prospect of spending more time in Doc Creeper's basement ... but if what Dreisen was suggesting was true, then this Skakdi held the power of life and death of pretty much everyone here in the palm of his hand. I wouldn't have been fond of that idea even if the Doc had been sane; as it was, I would've sooner left this "Infinite System" in the control of the revolutionaries in the Ghettos than him.

Just like back home, something needed to be done about this situation.

And, once again, it looked like it was down to me.

"I'll stay here," I said. "When you come back, though, see if you can't bring back some toys from Engineering. We might need them."

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

Dreisen nodded, stepping back into the hallway with Reezo and glancing over to Antiro.

"Take care - if you can, find something that you can radio back to Engineering with," he said. "Try to stay in contact. Vagust, dragon*, will you be staying here or returning to Engineering with me?"

OOC: *A.D.

GM IC: MAEUS FO KURU - OFFICE

The Skakdi observed the group in the basement of the Medical Bay with a sinister smile.

"Soon we shall be ready," he said to Fishers. "They will come... like herding Rahi to the pen."

Elly laid stunned as the group landed none too gracefully on the ground, aside from those who could control the air. Elly groaned as she tried to make sure nothing had truly broken, and looked around. This room was like the opposite of the other chamber, and yet, had a gemstone pedestal, and what looked like an exit. "Someone... should go investigate... Maybe it'll turn down the heat..." Elly wheezed, still recovering from the rather awkward crash.