BIONIFIGHT INFINITE

Voltex

IC: Kopen - Queen's Tunnel

She could hardly keep herself upright against the wall. Though the sickness field had vanished, its effects lingered. Compounded with the loss of blood, it was a miracle she was even conscious. Her every instinct told her to get out of there while she still could, but she feared it was too late. This was where she drew the line. What sane person sees a mysterious pool and decides to throw the nearest invalid in? But she could hardly even form a cohesive thought in rebellion.

Still, she tried to manage a grin to Xaeraz to show she harbored no ill feelings towards him. This was not his fault, after all.

IC: Zakaro (Taravaka, with Riss and Feli)

As the sound slowly faded, Zakaro glanced over at Feli, who had somehow managed to avoid waking up throughout that entire process. He suppressed a groan. Karz, the gal was really out, wasn't she?

The Onu-Toa stood contemplating things for a while before turning to Riss, frowning slightly as he spoke. 

"Well then. I'd say we have two options, and I don't really like either, but not much we can do. Either we leave Feli here, hide her somewhere and hope a Muaka doesn't come along and take advantage, or I carry her as we go looking for other teammates or a lone Muaka."

AGoNWLR.jpg

They call me Zakaro. You should too.

IC (Albrecht von Armbrüster)

"The Queen is right," I say. My head is clear

at last, and I can think. "This girl may die

if we don't treat her wounds. We cannot bring

her back, and going onward only courts

disaster. Death lies either way, unless

we put her in." That's all I have to say.

IC Halmos

A gust of water from behind was surprising for the Cy-Toa, but the hammer was more than expected. Luckily, Halmos didn't get his doctorate degree for nothing...

Knowing how fast the hammer was capable of moving underwater, Halmos chucked a throwing knife at the Thor imposter(lol)'s neck as the hammer struck him square in the chest. Flying backwards, he braced a bit against the building with his hands, but it still felt like a mace had hit his spine. He gave a slight cry before pushing back off of the wall.

OOC: Yeah, he got a doctorate degree in engineering.

IC: Xaeraz gave her one more reassuring squeeze on the shoulder, murmured one last apology, and lifted her up. Trudging over to the pool, he gently closed his claw around her, taking great care not to puncture her armor or flesh with it, and grabbed one of her hands with his. Then, slowly, he knelt once more and lowered her slowly into the pool, ready to yank her out at the first sign of trouble.

IC: "...Well, I'd feel bad leaving her here, but we're not exactly helping the team out by waiting for her to wake up," Riss sighed, shuffling her feet. "Maybe we can tuck her in somehwere, then you could seal it off somehow so that Muaka can't get in? Not to doubt your powers or anything, Zakaro, but I just waaaa~nt to make sure!" She bounced a tiny bit, her dirt boots weighing her down enough to make it a bit difficult nonetheless.

All are not the same

But three shall be as one

Freedom in the flame

The end has just begun

IC: Skull Carrier

Satisfied with the results of the first spider's mishandled scouting mission, The Skull Carrier decided that a bit of meditation was in order. Sitting with legs crossed and fingers intertwined, he hummed to himself the legendary story of the first Protector of the Jungle. The story always spoke to him as a child, the story of the first mask makers' fight against the darkness, and how the Protectors rose to save Okoto from the shadows. Though he only ever heard the Jungle Protectors tale, there were always knowledge that the other villages told the tale of their first warrior. Each Protector had there own story, and each tribe revered their own. The Jungle Protector's personal story, though, is not like most verbalized tales, in that it is told mostly through song and dance, though the song was often powerful enough to tell the story on its own. It helped him mediate to recite it to himself, and it kept his diminutive allies enraptured whenever he told it.

OOC: So how about them Frag bolts chasing Tahnok and Werl?

waffleman2010.png

*Click Banner to go to the Sikza Spriting Kit topic

GM IC: ELITTRA/TEAM MUAKA

At first, Elittra felt relief; thanks to Lekona, she could breathe again. But as she coughed out water, something felt... off.

That was when she felt something moving inside of her - many small somethings, rapidly increasing.

Elittra was dead, KO'd, and waking up in the medbay before she could even realize what had happened - but Lekona and Artorre were treated to the horrifying spectacle of hundreds of thousands of carnivorous worms eating their way out of the Vo-Matoran, before dying in the bubble that Lekona had created.

OOC: Elittra KO'd.

GM IC: THE QUEEN'S QUEST

As Kopen was lowered into the pool by Xaeraz, she would instantly feel relief as all of the injuries to her legs began to heal upon contact with the pool.

IC: Zakaro (Taravaka, with Riss and Feli

"..I suppose so," he replies, leaning down to prop Feli up against the wall more. Adjusting her, he steps back, muttering slightly to himself as he works.

"Sure hope you're not afraid of small spaces, sister." 

And with that, he threw up a curving wall of earth, protecting Feli from general view and perhaps a stray attack or two. He debated with putting a roof on it for a second or so, before shrugging and turning away, walking forwards.

"Not sure how effective that'll be, or how long it'll last before becoming nothing but mud to be washed away in a current, but it might help, at the least."

AGoNWLR.jpg

They call me Zakaro. You should too.

IC Velix:

Velix pushed the absorbed Speed back into Donrioda's spin, speeding her up again. She should be getting pretty dizzy by now.

Kopaka, the coolest(Pun intended) Ko-Toa ever:

Comic_Blizzard_Blade_In_Use.png      

"If the fight had turned, Exann might be the one on the floor with Antidermis spurting out of him. This is how battle is. This is how life is." -Mar'jik, Corpus Rahkshi                                       

IC Tenjou - Muaka

;Why is it always the cute ones getting locked up in eldritch sets of plate?;

Ignoring the quip from her bow, the Av-Toa glanced around the arena from her vantage point. It was unbearably murky and dark for a light elemental. Not much sunlight found it's way this deep. The local flora and fauna were decidedly insidious looking as well. Bottom dwellers and camouflaged predators, like that fish with the hanging bioluminescent antennae, designed to lure in prey.

!!!

She landed once more by Noroi and Viitka, "I have an idea. The way I see it, going around and searching for people in this environment could be dangerous." She pointed to the lurker fish in question. "If me and/or Viitka were to create a light show similar to that fish, we may attract people to us. I think a simple pair of gold and turquoise lights locked in mock battle would draw people to us. Friend and foe."

IC Ezezko - Tunnels

With the gem safely stored in the rusty Toa's person, you turned off your mask. It was tiring to run those things for long periods, ya know?

...but close to it

IC: Donrioda

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA"

Donrioda did her best to wrench Lil' Blendy in the opposite direction, to stop the spinning, but it was getting harder and herder. Everything was spinning. Especially the saw blades on Lil' Blendy.

In fact, they were very sharp and spinny as they continued spinning around, slowly pulling Donrioda towards Velix with each successive rotation.

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Steam name: Ehksidian

IC Velix:

Velix loaded his launcher, then drained all the speed as fast as he could from Donrioda. Without pausing for a moment, he fired his disk at her head, pumping all the Speed he could muster into it.

"If the fight had turned, Exann might be the one on the floor with Antidermis spurting out of him. This is how battle is. This is how life is." -Mar'jik, Corpus Rahkshi                                       

She stopped spinning. Violently. By sheer, sheer luck, Donrioda was facing to the side when the spinning stopped, and just barley was able to get Lil' Blendy to pull her out of the way. The disk skimmed close along her back, making a bit of contact. That alone hurt.

Donrioda couldn't tell what was up, down, left or right. Velix spun her like a record, and she couldn't see straight any more. All she could do is jerkily pull Lil' Blendy in the direction she wanted to go, hoping to somehow escape the Toa of Spin.

Or whatever he was.

1Ydp0mg.jpg

IC Velix:

His powers weakened, Velix drained all the speed he could from the missed disk before he lost sight of it. Dang.  He used the Speed energy to propel himself toward Donrioda, pulling another of his razor disks from his back.

She could hear the swishing of water as the other Toa began heading towards her. Disoriented and unable to do much, Donrioda did the only thing she could sensibly do in this situation.

Flip the karz out. Literally.

Donrioda began to spin once more, in a sort of oddly slanted ellipse, hoping she would at least hit whoever had done this with Lil' Blendy's blades.

1Ydp0mg.jpg

There was no point in resisting. Not that she had the strength anyway. This crazy Brakas was dead set on getting her killed. You would think she would have thicker skin by now...

She braced herself for... what? Another round of poison? Mutation? Spontaneous combustion? Whatever she was expecting, it was not this. A cool, soothing feeling spread up her legs from the moment her feet touched the liquid. Her head began to clear, her stomach settled, and the pain began to fade. She was sure she was dying. After all the Karz she had endured at the hands of the Queen, only death could be so calming.

She wasn't sure whether to be disappointed or pleasantly surprised when she realized that was not the case. It was... healing? Who sticks a tentacled monstrosity, a nosy intelligence, and a Gem of Silence in one room, only to leave a pool of healing goop with the Gem of Sickness?!

But she couldn't help but thank them. She let out a sigh of relief as she stretched her legs, now repaired. The moment she was sure of that fact, she tugged on Xaeraz's hand to pull herself out of the pool. She didn't stop for gratitude or insults. Those rapidly falling behind her were past that. She was getting out while she could. Her now whole legs pumped furiously as she activated her Kakama and ran back to the exit.

OOC: The way Velix propels himself doesn't make much swishing, but anyway.

IC Velix:

The blades cut into his shoulder, leaving a trail of blood through the water. Velix swam back, surprised. Putting his disk back, he pulled his launcher from his back... And activated his mask. In an ordinary setting, the small tornado would have little effect on the air currents, but underwater there was a much greater effect. His mask spun him faster and faster, surrounding him in a small shell of fast-moving water, while creating a small whirlpool that slowly but surely tugged at Donrioda, pulling her towards the center. In the middle of this, Velix spun, holding his launcher out like a club to hit anything that came close enough as he spun at breathtaking speeds.

Kopen found that she had lost control of her body as an unknown presence entered her mind so easily that she would not have been aware of it until it had spoken... if it were not for the fact that her body was not doing as she wanted it to.

You will not run away.

The voice spoke in the minds of every single member, including the Queen, as a new tunnel suddenly shimmered into view and the distance between them grew smaller, until the entire group was no more than an arm's length away from each other. The Psionics users in the group (the Queen, Albrecht, and Von Worten) would immediately realize that they had somehow fallen for an elaborate illusion.

You are all responsible for the foolish decisions you have made. You wish to find your gem?

Come and get it. I will be waiting.

Edited by Lucina

IC: "I, uh..." Xaeraz trailed off as Kopen bolted from the tunnel without so much as a word when she pulled herself from the pool. As glad as he was that it had worked, he was concerned that she would just wind up in more trouble for having fled like that. He couldn't imagine the Queen would be happy about it, at least. Awkwardly, he stood up and turned to face the assembled crowd, a small sheepish smile on his mask.

"S-sorry. I, uh, I would have stopped her i-if I could..." he began, only to find she had not fled, and yet another voice had slipped into his head. He sighed and allowed his armblade to unfold, preparing for more unavoidable, bloody conflict he was sure was just around the bend.

IC: "It's better than nothing, and might save her life!" Riss replied, her general levity slowly returning to her. She could hum to herself at this point, at the least. She glanced over to Zakaro, and sang, "So, Mister Veteran Man, tell me. what do you think our next move~ should~ beeee~?"

Edited by This Is Spinal Thirst

All are not the same

Freedom in the flame

The end has just begun

A satisfying thunk greeted Donrioda's ears as Lil' Blendy's blades bit into the Toa. Obviously not lethally, but still a hit. Her smile was short lived as she found herself being pulled into a vortex. In her daze, she couldn't turn and escape with her Kakama - and, even if she tried, it probably would have ended poorly for her. She began to drift towards the vortex, and, unexpectedly, pointed herself towards it. At least, as much as she could.

With surprising speed, she shot towards Velix, as Lil' Blendy's blades pulled her even faster towards the vortex. The vortex tugged the drone to point directly to the center of the vortex, and to the Toa inside.

She hoped that her opponent would be the one hit, not her.

1Ydp0mg.jpg

IC Nocton:

Nocton felt rather apprehensive, though the Maxilos faceplate revealed nothing. 

IC Ezezko - Tunnels

You start to panic a little. No, more than a little. The only person you knew that could warp space-time like that should be in a completely separate universe from you... Or had Makuta Hͮ͋̔̆ͪͥ̈ͮ̑̾̈́̓͌̄ͩ͑ͤ̚͟͏̲̣̤͉͉̥̖̠̥̬̖͍͓y̵̧̲͈͉̠̰̅ͮ̊ͯ̇̈́̈̌ͨ͂g̷̬͇̮̩̘͚͕̘̬̫̼̲̲̰͍̙͓͉̓ͮ́ͪ̓̾͝͡͞͝v̧̨͖̤̜̳͚̭̺̗̏̒́͂̾̆ͪͥͭ̽̔͋͜z̓̿̌ͨ̀̐̿͗̚͏̡́҉̖̲̯͎̺̝̙̝̠͔ͅͅͅñͮ̑͗ͫ̋̎̿ͬ͏̶͞͏̱͈̮̜̲̬͇̭̀g̡̢̜̼̞͎̗͕̮̣̘̰ͤ̅̽̌ͣ͞r̨̛̿ͩͮͯ͂ͤ̅̌̀̄̾̃͐ͮ̈ͮ̾͛͛͏̢̠̠̤̮̠̻͔͓̯̼͓̣̮͈̩̮̗͟.  somehow followed you here?

「Uh, Queen. Is this like I thought, that the Sickness Gem was keeping something else restrained? Because that voice that didn't to speak until we moved it.」

...but close to it

IC Velix:

Velix, blind in the swirling torrents, felt a thunk, and struggled to hold on as the launcher smashed into the drone with surprising force, destroying the delicate mechanisms in the launcher, but hopefully knocking the Toa away, aided by the whirling water around him

OOC: I used a random coin flipper for this, felt it was the most fair.

She had been expecting the Queen to try to stop her. It still didn't make it any less unpleasant when it did happen. Her muscles suddenly froze and refused to obey her, nearly sending her toppling to the ground with her speed.

But this wasn't the work of the Queen. A voice.... that voice echoed through her mind again. She cringed at the recognition.

As the presence released its hold on her, she collapsed to the ground. Somehow, she was still right next to the others. She pushed herself up and screamed uselessly into the empty cave. "I don't want your Karzing Gem!! I'm not moving a step further until I am free to go!! Keep your Gem and your fancy powers and your endless tunnels!! I don't care anymore!!"

With her outburst finished, she fell to the floor again. A soft, muffled sob filtered through the dust. "I just want to go home..." she mumbled.

IC (Albrecht von Armbrüster)

What treachery is this? What madness calls

from out the shadows 'neath the earth? A voice

resounds, each word as sharp as glass, its tone

as smoth'ring as a cloud of smoke. My brain

will not be fooled, but even I can scarce

repel this awesome voice that echoes in

my skull. I look around; my eyes land on

the pow'rless Queen. What course shall we pursue?

Contact. Brutal, violent contact. Donrioda was sent spinning away, the blades equipped to Lil' Blendy bent by the impact. They still spun, they still cut, but it was certainly damaged. The disorentation was fading ,now - she could at least orient herself somewhat well.

Well enough to do something incredibly stupid.

She turned, once again, towards the still-spinning Velix. And, with a sudden cry, Donrioda activated her Kakama, speeding towards Velix at astonishing...speed. Lil' Blendy was pointed directly forwards, aiming to shred the Toa of Speed with one, solid hit.

The question would be more if the drone, or even if Donrioda, would survive the impact.

OOC: Heading to sleep, this is my final reply for the night.

1Ydp0mg.jpg

OOC: Resuming interaction with Fishers64

IC (As Fulmen): *Let's aim for the weapon, that must be how she was able to redirect my lightning...* Hypothesized the toa of lightning as he fired another lightning bolt at Izmenke's warhammer. *If I'm right, all I need to do is disarm her or break the hammer... Of course, there's the possible chance I'm wrong... In which case, I'll need a new plan...* 

If you like Pingu & want to support a good project, click here. Also, I've rejoined the BZPRPG & I have a new profile for a new game. Click here to see it.

IC: Kaipatu
Apparently this fool thought I was an idiot. Now, judging on where the kraata was located, a sufficient whack to the face might have been enough to knock him out. So, I grabbed the front of the gun when he slapped it, and I slammed the gun right for his face, the weapon narrowly missing my arm.

Edited by Sharkydane

IC Velix:

As soon as he had scored a hit, Velix had realized he had only hit the drone. And so he quicky stopped spinning, looking about for a minute before turning around and seeing the careening Toa going toward him. He only had time to pull one of his razor serrated disks and hold it in front of him. "If I'm going down, so. are. you."

IC: Viitka [Rawr]

Viitka nodded in agreement, even with whatever the mutagen had done to her vision, actually seeing through the murky blackness wasn't all that great.  Making an illusion was child's play, and seeing as they didn't have to make it completely accurate given the poor visibility made it even easier.  Despite the fact that her shattered form would have moved through the water easier, she decided to stay as is, and moved through the submerged city beside her companions with powerful strokes.

"We should be able to project it away from ourselves to draw their attention," She agreed, thinking through a plan, "We could hide nearby and mask ourselves with our powers, at least then we'd have the advantage of surprise."

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

-IC:-

Hound had been very careful as he entered neutral (or Muaka; it was hard to tell) territory, senses primed and mind focused on the activity at hand. Due to this, the movement of Olari and Wyrm was noticeable; with an emotion somewhere between bloodlust and ecstasy, Hound activated his powers and followed the two with a burst of speed (and a call of "Beings ahead, engaging!" for the sake of his allies).

Due to his vastly superior vision, he was able to recognise the Toa of Magnetism's sash as he grew close, and the combination of his other four senses made it more than clear that something stealthed was following her. His powered strokes granting him terrifying velocity, Hound surged into Wyrm, attempting to restrain / grapple with the being so that he could easily deal a killing blow.

OOC: Post very rushed, so I'm sure I missed something / made an erroneous assumption. I'll edit if that's the case.

Edited by L'Etranger

pNNgXax.jpg

IC: Tomo - Tarakava

The gravity field hitting her, Tomo dropped like a rock, stretching her arm out using her elastic powers to punch Miras again while still shapeshifting uncontrollably.

IC: Sudrec - Muaka

Sudrec was trying to walk-swim-whatever through the streets of Mahri Nui. His armor wasn't doing him any favors.

The Queen grimaced, stepping towards the new tunnel that had opened up as the other presence vanished from their minds.

No, she said, replying to EzezkoThat was... not being held back by the Sickness Gem. It was... something else. It is what I have been sensing all this time - the Psionics Gem. AlbrechtVon Worten, we must be ready for anything. The gem has already cast illusions on our minds without us noticing. Xaeraz, make sure the Matoran does not try to flee again. 

She entered the tunnel with trepidation, glancing down suspiciously; this new tunnel - previously hidden thanks to the illusion - was lit on both sides by identical lines of torches. 

This is the correct path, the Queen said to the group. I can feel the gem. Be careful, and be wary - Albrecht, Von Worten and I shall protect you all as much as possible, but the gem has already slipped past us once, and it may do so again.

Privately, the Queen forced down her worry - something she had not felt in years. If the Psionics Gem had already overpowered the group - without her noticing - so easily once... then no amount of protection could truly help them. She was beginning to understand that she had underestimated this particular gem. 

She screamed towards Velix, Lil' Blendy's blades whirring and ready to slice the Toa into chunks. As Velix pulled the disc out, Donrioda realized something: She couldn't steer. And, at the speed she was going, hitting Velix would probably smash her and Lil' Blendy, too. It didn't matter. She continued speeding towards the Toa, and braced for impact.

1Ydp0mg.jpg

IC Velix:

Velix braced for impact as he held his disk out at the Toa's head level. The drone hit his chest, chopping away layers of armor like a blender, and his disk almost certainly jammed its razor-sharp serrations into her face.

IC: Xaeraz nodded once, silently, and trundled over to Kopen, placing a hand on her shoulder again. He knelt again, bringing his face down to her eye level, and said, "Look, we're almost done here. Can you do me a favor and stick with this group for one more gem? After all, you'll probably need to save me from it, this time." his voice took on an air of levity as he finished, hoping she'd pick up on the half-joke and relax somewhat.

IC: Halken bounded through the water, finally breaking away from the road to leap to a building and wrap  his clawed feet around the broken window frame, holding himself sideways in the water. He peered through the water, attempting to determine the yellow-sashed assailant's weapons and powers as best he could in anticipation of nullifying as much as he could.

All are not the same

Freedom in the flame

The end has just begun

Kopen slowly pushed herself up from the floor to send an eyeless glare at the Queen. "I-I'm not g-going in there," she said to Xaeraz, her voice wavering with emotion. "It's crazy; you're all crazy! That... thing... the g-gem... wh-whatever it is, it doesn't want us here! Y-you saw what j-just happened! The Queen w-would be more than h-happy t-to throw me into wh-whatever danger comes up! I g-go in there, I'm not c-coming out..."

Despite all of her bravado of earlier, the stress was wearing at her. The Queen's complete disregard for her safety was all too apparent. Her life was already void in everyone else's eyes. Except maybe Xaeraz...

IC Selox:

Selox continued to wait, in the form of a shiny red gem on the seafloor.