BIONIFIGHT INFINITE

Voltex

IC Ezezko

「In my world, Rahkshi serve as janitorial automatons of a sort.」 You glance around the room, there are a lot of these sentient Rahkshi. It's rather... Disconcerting.

The Toa of Clumsiness has seated himself on your table, apparently the chairs had all proved insufficient.

「Why don't you just take your sword off? What's your name, by the way? I'm Ezezko.」

...but close to it

IC: Kopen - Cafeteria

Kopen inclined her head to face the Host's voice. She couldn't see him, but it showed she was listening.

Behind her, the smells of the Commercial Sector wafted around her. It was... familiar, like the marketplace back home. She had spent much of her time there. It was always a good place to listen to gossip. Unfortunately, it was hard to hear anything over the Rahkshi shoveling food into their faces like they had never had it before. Disgusting.

OOC: Yeah, basically. Listening without attracting attention too much.

IC: Zel'Sai

"Alright." She agreed, acknowledging the Toa of Sonics. She noted that the one who had called for attention was one of the staff, or whatever they were called. She didn't have a better word for it. Placing a hand on the staff of her slightly oversized harpoon, she was comforted by the simple knowledge that she still had her weapon. Now all there was to do was await what this "Host," as she had heard some others call him, had to say.

BZPRPG:

Vergissmeinnicht

Active Characters

Inactive Characters

Mercure

Gida

Zel'Sai - Naberius

Skoll

Brickshelf

IC: Miras (Lower hallway)

I shrug. "Creating a Rahkshi is no simple process. Either way, it would be impossible for me to do that here, as there are no pools of Energised Protodermis in which Kraata can transform into Rahkshi. However-" I raise a clawed hand- "I can still use my innate Shadow powers, as well as my Gravity power, presumably due to some sort of power disabler which they have installed here." After a slight pause, I send a bolt of Shadow energy flying towards the wall just next to Dartakh.

OOC: Imagine the Shadow bolt's appearance as being like how they're drawn in the 2008 comics- black, with red edges, sort of like lightsaber blades.

VBWj75sh.png

IC: Daedalus Drachoren

Zel'Sai's hesitance was noticeable, but Daedalus didn't fault her for it. He hadn't expected her to fully trust him from the outset. They'd just met. Why should she trust him?

"Good. That's great. It'll be nice knowing I'm not alone in this." He looked around, noticing that most of the others had disappeared. "Hmm. What do you say we try to figure out where everybody is? I've noticed a lot of people heading for those stairs."

Daedalus started for the stairs, hoping Zel'Sai would follow.

IC: Von Worten

It did not take long for the obvious to dawn on me: a person sitting against wall with a book clasped tightly to her chest, with tears streaming down her face, would no doubt appear to passersby as being emotionally distressed and, to use an informal phrase, out of sorts. I had already decided that it would be beneficial for me to relax change my position.

However, before I was able to do so, a being appeared in my line of sight. Now, I must stress here how grateful I was that I had been able to, even if only within the past minute or two, regain some modicum of control over my mental faculties, because the being who appeared in front of me was of the most adorable nature. It is one I have seen many times within my mind (thanks, in large part, to vivid descriptions in one of my favorite tales from my book). Though I doubt I have the creative skill to describe this creature to you, I will do my best, if only so you can understand my initial impulse and the willpower required to restrain it.

What I saw in front of me was roughly as tall as I am when standing--that is to say, standard Toa height (I have never been particularly adept at judging measurements, so I leave it to you, dear reader, to obtain a rough understanding of what I mean). It was, in a sense of the word, burly, but what prevented it from appearing frightening was its thick, soft coat of white fur. The very sight of it brought a curious sense of comfort to my bones. The face of this creature (though I must say that that word tends to conjure images of animals and beings of a more horrible or pitiful nature) was strangely flat, but two large, round eyes rested under heavy lids. The creature's mouth was wide and bore thick lips that appeared in a perpetual smile. The word most apt to describe this creature is adorable, so I'm sure you can understand why my initial impulse was to leap from my sitting position and wrap my arms around this furry bundle of joy and comfort.

However, as I previously stated, I had regained enough control of my mind to know that what I was seeing was not actually in front of me, but was, as is wont to happen, projected from my mind onto something else that was standing in front of me. Thus, I had to exercise a brief amount of mental control to push aside the image of the adorable creature so that I would be able to see the being in front of me.

And that being, I am afraid to say, was most certainly not adorable. He was a gallimaufry of diverse parts, wantonly (it would seem) slapped together to form a roughly cohesive bipedal unit that, I assumed, held some semblance of sapience. I had never seen the likes of it before, and I doubt I will ever again. (As a side note, I must confess to slight feelings of pride, seeing that, despite my surprise, I did not react with any startled jump or yelp of revulsion.) Regardless, it appeared to have extended a claw toward me in what I could only assume was an attempt to shake my hand.

I withdrew one hand from my book long enough to vainly swipe at the stream of tears coming from my eyes. At the same time, I rose to my feet and said, "Please do not take offense at my refusal to take hold of your hand, for shaking it or any other purpose. I have had the misfortune of shaking hands with several different Vo-Toa, all of which thought it humorous to exert their powers during the physical contact. I'm afraid my hands are rather sensitive, and I have decided to refrain from the ubiquitous greeting in order to protect myself from harm." I paused briefly. "I am Von Worten."

OOC: I lied.

IC: Kopeyku

I nod at the one named Von, and in response, speak, "I have known such beings, monstrosities in their own rights,"

IC: Donrioda

Donrioda didn't really pay much attention to to Toa sitting at the table. She was more interested in the food. Very, very interested in the food. She began to eat like a starved beast, shoveling most of the food into her mouth, reveling in the taste.

She hadn't eaten food like this in centuries. Only energy, which wasn't very tasty at all. Coupled with how much she had been running, it was only understandable. Lil' Blendy hovered just over her shoulder, making the occasional beeping noise.

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Steam name: Ehksidian

IC: Virnar 

After a long ways of walking, the two Glatorian finally reached the second floor. 

"Alright, now where could the training rooms be..." she muttered to herself, looking around.

-==IC: Anna==-

Anna thought about that for the moment.

"Other side of the floor." Anna decided after a moment, as she made a guess as to which waiting room they had left from.

IC: "I like having it on me... Sure, though." He said after a moment's pondering, reaching with both hands to the pommel and gritting his teeth.

With a careful, controlled motion, the massive blade ascended from his back, holding a moment to nobly seem to absorb the cafeteria lights, before descending, flat-first, onto the table next to him.

Hopping down and back onto the seat, Damaka extended a hand.

"Name's Damaka. Pleased to meet you, Ezezko." He said, subtly charging his palm with some grit to give to the Toa of Imaginary Numbers as means of apology for catching him in the crossfire between him and the universe.

helo frens

GM IC: THE QUEEN - CONTROL ROOM

Give it a bit more time, then, the Queen replied, sending the thoughts over to the HostThree of our fighters have discovered a cave... I know not where they are, but I'm curious as to whether they will find anything of interest to us.

Keeping her connection with the Host open enough to catch any replies - but restricted enough that the Host would not receive any thoughts from her - the Queen began to probe the minds of the facility, knowing that the fighters with psionics powers would sense her presence in their minds and hopefully would respond.

GM IC: ELITTRA - CAVE

Elittra was about to reply to Lekona when the group rounded a corner and she froze in place. Up ahead, glowing red and orange and hovering in the air above a golden pedestal, was a small spherical crystal. Slowly, the Vo-Matoran drew her bow, glancing back to Lekona and Artorre.

"Be careful," she said quietly. "It... shouldn't be this easy to find anything. It should be guarded by something, at least. Which means that something's not right."

IC: Dartakh (Lower Hallways)

I instinctively jump to the side away from the energy bolt, and it engulfs a large section of the wall into darkness. I wonder what that will do to a person. "Woah, that's quite good. Haven't seen that before, to be honest" I say and nod a few times. "You, of course, will be useful to me, but I'm not sure if that's the case vice versa. I'm just a humble man with a sword.. and some good loot, but most of it isn't here. Although I do have this artifact shield." I gesture at my back, where the shield is strapped. "But why do you need allies? You're the emperor of Spahrus Mana, after all. Just being curious."

still alive somehow

BZPRPG profiles

My reaction was one of puzzlement. I did not and do not equate pranksters with monsters.

"I am unsure if 'monstrosities' is the best word," I said, rocking on my feet. I ignored the adorable, fluffy creature lumbering past behind this being before me. "I do not doubt that such beings' sense of humor is ill-conceived, but I do not believe it fair or accurate to go so far as to apply to them the qualities of a monster. Regardless, the matter is irrelevant. I have offered my name; may I know yours?"

As soon as the question left my lips, I felt a vague presence. By vague, I do not mean in the sense that it was indeterminate and flitting, but rather in the sense that it was there without being there. I was closely familiar with the concept, of course, as, begin a Toa of Psionics, I have often extended my mind in such a way. This mind, however, was unique in that it felt expansive. It was powerful. I knew then that the mind touching my consciousness was the Queen. Who else could have expressed such great power? Even more curiously, I was distinctly aware that only I, and those bearing my element, would be able to feel her presence.

Before I answered what I could only assume was a call, I imagined myself standing fully within the multi-colored forest. The grass swept around my feet, its color shifting from green to blue to orange and then to red. The great trees around me did the same. I stood tall in this place, the only place where I do not weep uncontrollably, and, aloud in my mind but silent to the physical world, I said, To whom do I speak? What do you desire? What do you seek?

Of course, I couldn't devote all of my attention to this fascinating occurrence. I was still talking to this unnamed being, and I still awaited his answer to my question.

OOC: The italicized bit is Von Worten responding to the Queen.

My epic: For Them (Review Topic)

BZPRPG: Trauer and Faora

Bionifight Ultimate: Daedalus Drachoren and Von Worten Undtränen

The Elder Scrolls: Ashfall: K'Larn

IC: Lekona - Caves

Lekona nodded in response, and drew his sword, readying himself for whatever may come. Great. Fighting in here won't be fun for me. Kualsi won't be of much use in here...

Edited by Hunter Serge

Pu32xij.png

^Link to the Jatikko Reference Post^

Credit to T1S for the Okomation kit used here. Credit to Miras for the banner.

Bionifight Infinite Profiles - Lekona

Matoran Und Panzer Profiles - Kaleva/Jäger, Wekan

Year 60,000 Profiles - Kaleva/The Crimson Predator, Valfares

Formerly "toa nidhiki nuva".

IC: Green

The two Toa seemed to be hitting it off very well. Perhaps they had something in common...?

Green mulled over what this Ezezko had said about Rahkshi being janitorial staff. She silently thanked the Makuta that she hadn't been born in that universe. After all, picking up garbage and fixing broken fixtures wasn't her thing. The very idea of her person being degraded to such menial tasks inwardly enraged herbbut the feelings passed quick enough.

Green realized she had only taken a single bite of her burger since she had sat down at the table and began talking to Ezezko. She resumed the consumption of her food.

OOC: Von Worten and Albrecht are the ones that the Queen is contacting, I believe.

GM IC: THE QUEEN - CONTROL ROOM

Von Worten... greetings. I am the Queen, one of the organizers of the tournament. There is an item of particular importance to me that I am looking for aid in acquiring, and your powers would prove invaluably helpful in retrieving it. If you are interested, we can meet in my office once the first round has been completed or you are knocked out. Should you agree to help, you will receive at least five additional lives for the Infinite System.

IC Ezezko - Foodcourt

As your powers had some roots in the mental plain, you can hear the Queen buzzing in your head. You ignore it and shake the Toa of Clumsiness' hand. Eh?! What is this feeling you have felt? Some sort of depth charge in the murky waters of your being, churning up things and other things best left unchurned.

「Violent retching noises」

After your fit of vomiting, you proceed to wipe your mouth and the table, 「what sort of power was that?」

Edited by Tiragath

...but close to it

While I did not have much interest in gaining extra lives (helpful though they might be), I must admit to being intrigued by this proposition. I surmised that it would be entirely possible that I would be able to learn something about this facility and those who ran it, and I could not, in good conscience, pass up this chance.

I am interested in your offer, and I would very much like to meet with you once the conditions you have put forth are met, I projected to the Queen (another surge of pride, however small, formed within me for having correctly guessed the identity of the mental presence).

I still kept some of my attention focused on the being in front of me, as I did not want to miss his name, should he offer it.

My epic: For Them (Review Topic)

BZPRPG: Trauer and Faora

Bionifight Ultimate: Daedalus Drachoren and Von Worten Undtränen

The Elder Scrolls: Ashfall: K'Larn

IC: "Well to tell the truth, I think that one was more my luck than my power..." He postulated with a weary sigh.

"I'm a Toa of Fighting Spirit, so I tried to inject you with some Guts as an apology for all the trouble. A little pick-me-up of sorts, because I know that gloom around you all too well." He said candidly, unsure of whether or not to try again.

helo frens

IC: Jorth looked at the Toa who had just sat next to him and Lytrel. She was silent. And glowing. Was that just how she communicated? Like a big jellyfish?

"Um...hey there?" he tried, "If you're here for biology lessons too then I might have to start charging the both of you."

IC: Olari was getting increasingly bored with the Host's tour. He seemed to have shown them everything he was willing to show, and now appeared to be stalling. If they were going to summon everyone to this world to fight then the least they could do was be organised about it. This waiting around was interminable...

7AOYGDJ.jpg

IC: Kuro/Food Court

I found the Rahkshi (Squid) I had talked too earlier trying to find some form of non-violent competition. He immediately had my respect and I ran up to him.

"Hello friend, I'm sorry for leaving you. I respect your attempt at trying to get some kind of non-violent competition."

IC: Prose/Food Court

If I was a Rahkshi of Hunger, I would devour all the food here, but I was a noble Rahkshi of Prosperity. I just grabbed a glass of water.

"Oh. Sorry. I was simply curious about what you were talking about, but it was just common knowledge." She took another bite of food, chewed, and swallowed. "Though, then again, there seems to be many odd things here. Especially the Rahkshi. Talking, non-glowing Rahkshi. And glowless Toa. And all the light."

1Ydp0mg.jpg

IC: "Well someone missed the high and mighty telepath giving us a briefing," Jorth said to the Toa who had just brought his quota of 'people who don't know what they should know up to two, "This is some sort...coliseum dimension. The people running it want us to fight for their entertainment. Because apparently they're sociopaths."

7AOYGDJ.jpg

IC: Miras (Corridor) 

"Very few things are possible without others behind you. If I was at full power, I would be able to utterly destroy most of the fighters here in a few minutes. As it stands, however, I am unable to do that, so help is welcome. And you mispronounced Spherus Magna. Again."

VBWj75sh.png

The Toa of electricity sighed. Out of the pot, into the fire. "Good to know, then. I did not hear any sort of telepath speaking to me. I was simply..."

A lie, a quick and dirty one.

"...running after a criminal, and found myself here."

1Ydp0mg.jpg

IC: Green

"... Fighting spirit. What exactly is - "

Green heard somebody spitting food. She turned around but the figure was hiding behind a tray... Or something.

Green shrugged and turned back to the "Toa of Fighting Spirit" and the "Toa of Imposing Your Own Reality on the World". They were... Interesting, to say the least.

EDIT:

IC: Lytrel

"Huh. You didn't wake up with the rest of us?"

Edited by One-Eyed Construct

IC: Dartakh (Lower Hallways)

"Well, okay then. Do we have a deal? I'm a mercenary by trade, so let's seal the deal by.. well, we don't have official documents or anything, so let's shake hands, big guy? Be careful with those claws" I say and extend my hand. Everything is going well so far: I have a powerful (though not yet entirely trustworthy) ally, and I have discovered what his powers are. This is a good start, if anything.

Edited by Daniel the Finlander

still alive somehow

BZPRPG profiles

IC: Viitka

-IC:-

For a moment, Hound remained perfectly silent, eyes scanning Viitka with ferocious speed and detached stolidity, before he spoke, revealing a low, restrained voice, surprisingly fluent and graceful. "No need to apologise. It's hard to miss me in such an enclosed space," he laid his book on a nearby table, reaching easily when most would have had to take a few steps. With deliberate, calm movements, designed to reassure and most often used when facing crazed predators, Hound offered his gigantic hand to the strange being in what he noticed to be the most common sign of greeting among his fellow newcomers. "Hound." His eyes never blinked, remaining focused on Viitka while his other senses fed him a constant stream of information.

pNNgXax.jpg

IC Kotak:

He hefts both spear and shield. With a slight flourish, he gets into a stance allowing easy defense, while still being able to attack with powerful thrusts.

He then relaxed, bolstering the halberd. He held out his hand, and the air shimmered with cold, and a rather ornate short sword formed in his palm.

He tossed the icy weapon to Dayeth.

"See for yourself"

IC: Dayeth - Upper Hallway.

"Not bad...." she mused, looking the weapon over for a few moments before handing it back. 

IC: Xara - Upper Hallway.

I remained with the tour group while Kat and Omega slunk away to go gorge themselves on food. It seemed the Host had an announcement to make. I already had a feeling that I wasn't going to like it. 

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

OOC: Well, one little order of business; for those of you who are capable of using post formatting, it would be tremendously helpful if any instigated interactions with any character of mine to include a bolded heads up. I try to be thorough in reading the topic, but it’s easy to miss things. :P

IC: (Zangah, On The Move)

It’d be dramatic to tell you that I was snatched away in the heat of battle.

Or that a thousand innocent lives depended upon my return.

Fact is, I was trying to have lunch.

I woke up on the floor, just like everybody else. Teleportation, obviously, but that’s a heck of a teleporter. Forced teleportation hasn’t worked back home for centuries. Still got my sword, still got all my arms and legs, and they’re not bound. I’m alive, and I’m not restrained. Wasn’t Brotherhood that grabbed me, then. Already be dead if I was.

I push my way to my feet…

And see a horde of beings stranger than a senile Makuta. Speaking of which, there seemed to be a few, given the talk about ‘Spherus Magna’ and ‘emperors’. Now, I’m not always in the loop, but I’d know if the Brotherhood managed to take over the world. Don’t really have time to marvel too much, though, because our... Hosts, appear. That’s the polite word, I think, but as their little show goes on I realize that I don’t really feel like being polite.

Don’t say that, though. I saw (and felt) what happened when our Rahkshi friend ticked the Queen Bee off a little too much. We’re dismissed just after, but I don’t move with too much haste. I’m watching the people around me. Some of the Rahks seem to know each other, but they’re different from home. We haven’t had classic Rahks in years. Quite a few Toa, handful of Makuta, and a whole Karz of a lot of things I haven’t seen before.

Alternate worlds, probably. Our dear hosts seem to have turned their gaze on multiple worlds, plucked the people their standards called for. Forcibly taken, implanted with this ‘Infinite System’, and sent to fight.

Now that ain’t right.

I don’t like the feel of this place. Too clean, too structured… Artificial, certainly, but the whole atmosphere feels off. Don’t get a very good vibe from our hosts, and I certainly didn’t get a good vibe from the big one walking the halls. Not a bad one, necessarily, but they ain’t a friend. No one here seems to be, ‘cept the Rahks. We’ve had half a dozen near fights in what, ten minutes? Ain’t a good sign.

I carefully navigate the hallways in silence, casting a friendly smile to anyone who comes within a few feet. Just ‘cause they’re gonna be trying to kill me soon doesn’t mean I can’t be friendly. Besides, they aren’t here willingly, either. Hosts got their prisoners, and make no mistake, that’s what we are, and now they want ‘em to turn against each other for their amusement.

Let me let you in on one important thing.

Oppressors? Hate ‘em. Nothing more guaranteed to get my spirit burning.

I don’t blame the people around me. I can’t trust ‘em, not yet, but I don’t blame them. I’ve got to survive, and I will, before I’m done here, find out why I was brought here.

Meantime?

Time to make some friends.

OOC: Open for interaction, if anyone wants it. Else I’ll find someone myself. :P

• Upvote 2

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG