BIONIFIGHT INFINITE

Voltex

Ic Kat:

More blades, two of which don't penetrate deeply, but the third finds a weakspot and comes dangerously close to hitting me inside.

As for the thrust, well, I'm not entirely sure what happened. A thunderous boom rang out as repulsion fields met, and energy danced between us, pushing out at us both as they overloaded momentarily, flickering back into existence.

"Will you hold on! I gotta deal with this karz head first!"

To my unfortunate victim, I continued my assault, crushing inwards, to end this quickly.

"Sorry, pal, but it's the name of the game after all."

IC:

"I have not been awake for nearly all of that duration." The ProtoToa elaborated, gesturing to herself as she continued. "I spent the vast majority of that hundred thousand year span in an artificially induced hibernation. A sort of stasis, intended by the Great Beings to guard me from the ravages of time. I do not believe they anticipated me to sleep for quite so long as I did, given that when I awoke from this slumber, I had outlasted them. By so far a margin that the time of my youth has long been dust in the wind within even the memory of those living on the planet's surface now."

"In short, I am chronologically far older than I am physiologically."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC: Terry Terrix (Steampunk Clockodile) - Arena. 

He shut off the mic, cringing as the ceiling and walls began to slowly cave under the crushing pressure of the arms compressing the Clockodile. "You asked for it," Terry growled, reaching up and closing all of the valves one by one. 

"Looks like we've lost this round, little buddy," he picked up the plush Tarakava toy sitting on the dash and hugged it close, closing his eyes and bracing himself for the inevitable. 

Seconds passed, time ticked by... The torso continued to crumple, caving in on itself.... It would only be a matter of time before the added pressure of the crushing and the closed valves caused the boiler to swell and....

.....in a flash of blinding light and a hiss of steam releasing, the Steampunk Clockodile exploded, vaporising Terry Terrix and sending ragged chunks of hot shredded metal flying in every direction. Fear Itself had won, but Terry had ensured it would be a costly victory.  

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Oh.

"Oh." Kellin repeated intelligently. "Good deal!" a thumbs-up was flashed a moment later.

Mom'd still probably kill for it, bless her heart.

"So dang, you could be sleeping right now back when I'm from, couldn't ya?"

helo frens

IC Kat:

For a minute, I wasn't sure what happened.

First I'd been crushing the crocodilian mechanical monstrosity to a ball of useles metal.

Then a blinding flash of light, followed by sudden darkness.

My visual sensors were gone.

I crawled back into my own armor, wrenching open the hatch and stepping out to survey the damage.

It was ghastly.

Both arms were completely gone at the shoulder, the chest a mess of wires and metal. The Cannon had been severely damaged as well, and the previously damaged leg was bent all to Karz.

It was nothing more than a big pile of scrap now.

As for me, I was now probably the smallest competitor on the battle field.

And there was still the other Mech to deal with.

Piraka. 

I pulled out my staff, eyeing the Large Mech warily.

My only real option here was to run.

• Upvote 1

IC: Sesdec - Arena

Before he could complete the charge, a thunderous roar shook the battlefield. The Polyhydra paused, shields still raised, to see the crumbling remains of the construct he had attempted to assist fall, and a small and startled pilot hop out. As fierce as an opponent as they may be, Sesdec doubted their ability to fight much larger opponents with high powered weaponry. Keeping a wary eye on his foe, the Polyhydra suddenly veered off between the fallen mech and its conqueror. He approached slowly, trying to show he meant no harm, all the while preparing to jump in in an instant should he be needed. Shields were raised, both before and behind, as he didn't need the speed now.

IC(fishers): Fortunately, I wasn't anywhere near that mech when it decided to bust out of the rubble... Or when it decided to advance, shields and swords raised. fishers continued to back out of the way as the construct went past, and turned to follow the paper machine. As she did so, she saw the the crocodile was gone and that a lone Rahkshi was standing around in the wreck.

fishers decided to wait. It was possible that the paper thing was looking for an easier target. Or maybe it was trying to help. In either case, them getting closer together would make for an easier target for her slowly reloading cannon.

IC Langmuir - Fighting w/ Kat

The large humanoid machine seemed to possess a shield with similar qualities to my Crast, my attack met it's shield and was repelled. That fell in line with the behavior and actions I had observed in it's fight with the reptile machine.

Scratch that earlier statement, the large humanoid machine had possessed a shield with similar qualities as my own. Perhaps aware of his own imminent demise and eager to take out the other machine, the reptile triggers some sort of self destruct. My proximity to the blast gives me a good chance to test the Crast's field as a shield. It passes with flying colors, repelling the red hot metal debris and steam at high speed, giving me a view of the ruined bipedal machine and it's pilot... A Turahk? That was cause for alarm, it's intelligence and piloting capabilities pointed towards it being one of the more highly evolved variants. I had little experience with the Turahk's fear powers, various anecdotes described it as either a bolt of sorts or as an energy channeled via contact. The former would likely be deflected, the later was no more concerning due to the Crast's increasing strength at close range.

Upon first sight of the Turahk, my blades had dissolved into their constituent energy, realigning themselves behind me and firing with a slight delay. One at center mass, one half a second behind, a meter to the right, a possible route of escape. The other another half second behind and a meter above, in case the rahkshi decided to switch to flight mode. All are designed to fragment on impact, releasing shrapnel. My fourth attack, concurrent with the first of my projectiles is a long and quick step forward, leading into a swiping motion with my right hand. It sends a blade of repulsive force at the Turahk.

• Upvote 1

...but close to it

IC: "So if they weren't intending to turn you into a walking lightbulb, it was supposed to do what, exactly?" He reached out with a tentative finger, wondering if he could poke Arkrax, Just turn you into an encyclopaedia?"

IC: "You are trying to change the subject." Olari gave Zakaro an arch look. Given how bordeline closed his eyes were he may not have noticed, "You say its easier not to think about it. That makes me think when you do think about it you feel the same as me. How hollow do you feel these days Zakaro? How empty have all those fights left you?"

IC: Red lights flashed in the Vixen's extrasensory vision as her visor registered the fireball as a major threat.

Well duh, she thought to herself, speeding backwards faster than blinking out the way of the blazing projectile. Before it had even burst into flickering embers on the ground she pointed her arm at Dayeth and begun blasting the biped with a stream of iron filings, a black sandstorm intended to wear down armour, puncture soft components and blind her sight...

IC: Very well. The first move would fall to Skrall. Normally he preferred waiting for the other to take the initial step, try to learn what he could from it, which was probably what the creature was trying to do here. But in doing so he had perhaps given a little something of his own character away.

The creature was cautious. Wary. In one of his own kind Skrall would have said this was purely good sense, but in another it reeked of cowardice. The creature was perhaps lacking in strength or combat skills? Alternatively, this could be a trap, trying to lure him into making an unwise move...

Attempting to make the best of both aggression and caution, Skrall advanced at a steady march towards Wyrm. His shield was held to cover him, his sword held ready at his side, his eyes watching for any trick or deception...

7AOYGDJ.jpg

IC: Dayeth - Knowledge Sector.

"Ouch, what the karz?!" she stumbled back away from the blinding attack, wincing at the stinging pinpricks of pain before throwing up a wall of Dark Fire between her and the attacker to shield her from the worst of the attack, "Is that all you've got?" 

IC: The Wyrm - Training Sector. 

The creature was cautious, marching forward warily behind that shield of his. A defensive fighter, then? Time to test that defence.... he unleashed a Rhotuka at the being, trying to aim under the shield towards his feet.

IC: Terry Terrix - Medical Bay. 

Terry woke up tired, sore, and sober. "That.... didn't go so well."

He was going to have to seriously revise his mech design before he went back into the arena with that thing. 

Edited by Locus

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC-Galaxia Eternis

Galaxia Eternis noticed a blast of light out the corner of her eye, and maneuvered her Mech to roll out of the way of the beams of plasma, before standing to it's full height. "So, You wish to challenge me?" She announced to the Knight-like Machine ahead of her. "Challenge accepted!" Instantly, The Seraphiel armour's Photon drive activated, and It soared across the landscape to hit the Machine with a Rocket-propelled kick.

OOC

Galaxia Eternis fighting Feli Gemshimmer. Let's see how this progresses...

wGF2PMb.png

lof_teaser.png

(I'll do this eventually, I swear...)

My BZPRPG Characters

Corpus Rahkshi Characters: Kol Arsenal Swarm Amalgamation

Skyrise Characters: Zavon

IC Velix:

As Xara's mech turned and jumped, Velix cranked up the field's intensity, all but halting the mech in midair. It was this that allowed him to feel the minimal energy absorbed from the incoming blast, and he quickly twisted a lever, making the shot blow a hole through one of Breaking Thunder's arms instead of the chest. He growled, and turned toward the direction the shot had come from, searching for an attacker, while keeping the movement-robbing shield up.

Edited by The Manhunter

Kopaka, the coolest(Pun intended) Ko-Toa ever:

Comic_Blizzard_Blade_In_Use.png      

"If the fight had turned, Exann might be the one on the floor with Antidermis spurting out of him. This is how battle is. This is how life is." -Mar'jik, Corpus Rahkshi                                       

IC: Dartakh (Commercial Sector | With Ravyn and Arkie)

"Things could be better", he said to Arkie, "Where can I get one of these 'pizza' things? I want to try them out." He glanced at the spot where the Fe-Toa had just been, still troubled by his sudden disappearance.

IC: Feli Gemshimmer (Arena | Fighting Galaxia Eternis)

Feli's eyes widened when the enemy mecha approached her rapidly. The plasma weapon was unable to fire again because it needed to cool down, the sword would take too long to draw out and there was no time to dodge, so Feli decided to activate the energy shield, which formed on the mecha's left arm, and raise it in order to deflect the attack. The mecha's foot hit the shield and sent the Wraithknight stumbling backwards, but it didn't fall over. After regaining balance it drew the Wrath of Justice and grasped its large hilt with both hands. Instead of immediately attacking Feli decided to wait for the enemy to make the next move.

still alive somehow

BZPRPG profiles

IC-Galaxia Eternis

As the Mech Reeled from the Kick, The Seraphiel Armour Ricocheted off the shield and landed on the ground. Galaxia Eternis surveyed the Mecha as it drew it's sword, and decided it was time to face it head-on. Gesturing with both her hands in Dual-Fist pump motions, the Blades of light appeared from the Seraphiel Armour's wrists, and She proceeded to Attack with a flurry of Slices.

wGF2PMb.png

lof_teaser.png

(I'll do this eventually, I swear...)

My BZPRPG Characters

Corpus Rahkshi Characters: Kol Arsenal Swarm Amalgamation

Skyrise Characters: Zavon

The time for caution was gone. 'Twas time for action! The shields fell away, and the Polyhydra bounded forth with all of its great speed and maneuverability, racing against the swords slicing down towards his target.

As the Polyhydra cut between the two, its shape flattened and spiraled into shields. The flimsy paper could not turn the blades, but with sufficient thickness, he could slow them before they reached the Rahkshi. But the blades did not cut as deeply as supposed. Instead, they fractured and split, embedding metal shards within the Polyhydra's skin, some of which managed to continue through. But Sesdec was already in motion. A small bit of material extended from the back to push the Turahk away from the blades. Mild bruising would be better than being shredded by such projectiles.

And then came the invisible sword. The Rahkshi was out of danger, but the Polyhydra presented a great target, and no amount of shields could halt the great force of the blade. It cut right through, slicing mere milibio from where Sesdec sat.

The Polyhydra was grievously wounded, but perhaps he had succeeded in saving the Rahkshi. Sesdec turned to gaze from the many rends in the skin to see the fruits of his labors.

Edited by Click

IC(fishers): Fortunately for the two ruined mechs down below, Dr. Bundy's cannon hadn't finished reloading. And fighting ground combantants was no fun at all. Instead, fishers set a grenade to roll past the Polyhydra and toward the Irvine's right leg. Hopefully the Irvine wouldn't see it coming. Edited by fishers64

IC Langmuir - Fighting Sesdec, fishers and Kat

The folding machine possessed impressive speed, dexterity and flexibility, t'was a shame I lacked my former control over metal, or a metallic version of it might have been possible. As it was, the parchment of the opposing machine was showing damage. My previous slash had cut deeply, giving me a glance of the pilot. Despite the machine's quicksilver and everchanging nature, it did seem to possess a center of sorts. A small area I had discerned to be, if not unchanging, less changing than the surroundings. The brief reveal of the pilot confirms this "cockpit's" location.

So, this is where I attack, simultaneously causing the vestigial shards of my blades to converge on this area and sending another lance like projection of repulsion at this area. As for the other machine, their grenade was far less stealthy than they may have expected. A shield of directional repulsion activates as it nears me, returning it to sender at a far higher velocity than it had approached me.

...but close to it

IC Kat:

I bolted.

Taking my chances, I'd turned to my left, and started running at the strangely paper like mech, as it barrelled toward me, I prepared to jump.

Except it went past me, intercepting the attacks from the larger Mech that I was frankly disappointed I hadn't been able to fight.

Silently, I sent my thanks to whomever was piloting the parchment mech.

And slipped into the shadows of a nearby building.

IC: Vinra
Like any good long-range attack, Vinra did the smart thing: Right after firing off her shot, she forced her mech to duck behind the pile of rubble completely. From Velix's position, there would be nothing there whatsoever, aside from a fairly large mound of rubble.

IC: Donrioda

The Toa of Lightning shrugged. "Yeah. Sounds like a plan, then. Dining hall is that way." She pointed towards the hallway. "Can't miss it."

Edited by Ehksidian

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Steam name: Ehksidian

Kale Ironshaper- Arena- Dark Hallway

IC: It had been hard not to notice the massive battle taking place in the area. And since Kale did not trust the Host to randomly zap him with a bolt of lightning if he stayed out of the fight too long the Toa was heading over there. He was making his way through one of the nearby half destroyed hallways when a rahkshi in it's basic armor entered from the other side.

Odd.

Standing still, Kale waited until the other being was directly in front of him before dropping his inadvisability and sending a power armor enhanced punch screaming towards the underside of the kraata casing.

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

IC(fishers): Given that the grenade was rolling along the ground when the repulsion field sent it back, fishers dodged left, using the craft's manuverability to get it away from the ground. Some sand sprayed onto the controls from the blast, which the Matoran hurridly wiped off. Karz.

Soaring over a previous ruin, Dr. Bundy edged toward the back of the machine and fired its cannon at the Irvine, hoping to get through the repulsor fields, or at least distract the enemy mech long enough for the paper machine to get back up.

OOC: fishers is firing Bundy's cannon at the Irvine's back.

Edited by fishers64

IC Kat:

I could have sworn I heard somethi-

WHAM.

I staggered back, the chest plate on my left side a crumpled mess.

What the Karz?

Some kind of powered armor, maybe. Or a pakari. Impossible to tell with that helmet in the way.

No visible weaponry, but then, the guy had appeared out of nowhere.

My underlying natural armor was undamaged, luckily.

"Mind if I know your name, stranger?" I asked, putting my staff away and dropping into a defensive stance.

IC: Tomo (VV)

"Altitude of 44 bio and climbing, speed of 20 kio per hour and accelerating, setting radar to ground scan, all weapons systems are online..."

"This is booooring!"

If any of the fighters were to look up in the sky, they would see a giant metal so here air-crawling its way around.

Tomo sat in the pilot's seat, bored out of her mind, as she watched the happenings on the ground, finger on the firing trigger of the joystick.

"The people on the ground are getting smaller."

IC: Eryard (Thornatus-AR)

"For the last time-"

The engine of the Thornatus-AR finally came to life.

"Thank you!"

With his vehicle finally working, Eryard strapped himself in, closed the hatch, and slammed on the gas. And as if a picture from a children's book had been torn out and brought into reality, the Thornatus-AR zoomed across the barren sand.

IC: Yoko (Sky Queen)

;Reminds you of the Dioscuri, doesn't it?;

"That was different. Dioscuri was more of a Kaita than anything else. Here I'm physically wearing armor, not having my soul transplanted into a robot shell."

;Whatever you say.;

Rather than walking, Yoko chose to hover slightly off the ground, activating the flight systems of her armor. She hoevered low to the ground, zipping above the surface of the battlefield, heading for the town.

Edited by One-Eyed Construct

IC: Ravyn (Revenant) - Commercial Sector

"That booth over... there," he said, taking a look around before pointing towards the pizza stand. "Tell you what; since it's your first time encountering the stuff, why don't you go over and pick out the ones that look the most appetising to you? That way Arkie and I can reserve a nice quiet spot to eat for us all and catch up a little bit while you do so."

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

Kale Ironshaper- Arena- Dark Hallway

IC: "Kale Ironshaper, Toa of Light and Metal." He replied. "Sorry about the surprise attack but I could hardly let such a golden opportunity slip by."

His stance was loose and ready to intercept or dodge any incoming blows.

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

IC: Arkrax - Knowledge Sector

Though his impassive stare never left the Rahkshi before him, Arkrax seemed to be looking through him. He didn't even flinch as the tentative finger passed right through his holographic skin.

"The Hunters ~ were merely curious ~ as to what this ~ device could accomplish." He flickered for a moment, revealing a glimpse of the spinning box within his chest.

He only caught a quick glimpse of the Rahkshi's red armor vanishing around a corner before he turned back to face his foe. At least it was safe...

The Polyhydra continued its motion, the tattered remains of its shell waving behind it. He watched as the construct prepared another strike and desperately tried to move before he was run through. The geometric limbs shifted downwards, adding a small fraction of the form's typical speed it could. The controls shifted, pulling forward to save the pilot.

But 'twas not quite enough. The invisible blade pierced his arm, prompting a cry of pain from the Toa. Shards of metal sliced in after, biting deep into his armor.

At last, the Polyhydra pulled itself free and tumbled to the ground in a flutter of paper clippings. The Rahkshi was safe. He should flee while he had the opportunity. Even what remained of the Polyhydra could achieve great speeds.

But a hero doesn't flee.

The construct heaved itself upwards, the very effort adding more suffering to its pilot. Sesdec gasped with pain within, and gave a brief glance at his wounded arm. A paper binding soon followed, preventing what bleeding it could. Behind his foe, the flying mech hovered and prepared another shot towards its back. As it fired, Sesdec took the opportunity to send a knife-like jab of pages towards its front. They could not counter both attacks.

Edited by Click

IC Langmuir - Arena

I hear the report of a cannon behind me and instinctively react, activating a field of repulsion behind me. Despite my quick reactions, the force of the blast is enough to knock me forwards, bits of incendiary material made it through as well, scarring the back of Irvine. Concurrent with this forced stagger is an attack from the parchment machine, I raise my left arm to block it.

The action fails, the more delicate wrist joint is completely severed and the freakishly strong paper lance glances off the cockpit as well. Too close for comfort... Unfortunately for the brave pilot, he is too close for comfort as well, I jam the operational right hand deep into it's folds and activate an omnidirectional blast of repulsion.

...but close to it

Fortunately, Sesdec was not foolish enough to project the controls with the knife, and instead kept himself down towards the base of his paper blade. The hand ripped through the midway point and suddenly released a blast of force that shredded the narrow structure. A large portion of the Polyhydra fell to the ground, limp.

Sesdec pulled back on the construct, and it weakly staggered backwards away from his foe. So little material remained, but he could not give in now. He watched warily for an opening in his opponent's defenses, or for another attack from the flying mech.

GM IC: THE QUEEN - MEDICAL BAY

The Queen observed the reunion between Kopen and Xaeraz in silence. She briefly considered smiling, before realizing that doing so would almost certainly freak out everyone present. 

Monster

She shook her head, forcing the echoing whisper from her mind as she stood and approached the two fighters, admiring Xaeraz's new body.

"The Engineering Sector has certainly outdone themselves," she commented. "My files say that a Toa called Dreisen was placed in charge - was it really him?"

Just reach out

Grab it

Pluck the information you need right out of his-

A mental brick wall went up, stopping it mid-thought. 

Edited by Lucina
  • Upvote 1

IC: Lytrel

An eyebrow was raised.

"Wait, you don't have gravity powers? Huh."

Lytrel activated his energy reserves, and the two of them began falling upwards (and slightly outwards). Reaching the top, Lytrel grabbed onto the edge of the hole and pulled himself up.

GM IC: MIRROR LYTREL

"Thanks, pal," said Mirror Lytrel as he too pulled himself out of the hole. "Yeah, no gravity powers for me. It's quite a shame, really. They're pretty useful."

He glanced around the room at each of the four exits.

"So... four doors, huh? Which one leads out?"

Unbeknownst to the Mirror Lytrel (but known to Lytrel), one of the openings was brand new; and if either of the Toa stepped inside the newly opened room, they would see two dead bodies - those of Nocton and Nomec.

IC - Yuri:

Yuri sat in the commercial sector in silence, every so often telekinetically lifting a piece of food and delivering it to his mouth, where it was promptly torn to shreds and sent to his gut, being quite bored with the current situation. A little annoyed, as well, but he'd been a gladiator before. He'd survive again, gain his freedom somehow, and go home. Just as before.

OOC: Yuri open for interaction.

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now