BIONIFIGHT INFINITE

Voltex

IC: "Any time, General Kopen," Xae teased, giving her a tiny, playful shove in the shoulder. "After all, you're the boss. I'm just a lowly little LT who's here to follow your orders. Speaking of, what would you have me do next for you?"

IC: Venix settled into a crouch, hands at the ready and eyes focused on the blade.

"Ready," she said with a small nod.

IC: Riss trudged along behind him, Bass Cannons roving across the horizon, ready to fire on any mechs who appaeared.

All are not the same

But three shall be as one

Freedom in the flame

The end has just begun

IC: Ravyn (Revenant) - Commercial Sector

"I would assume so, considering we both had to pass certain... trials in order to join our group back home," Ravyn said. "But you know how it is in our line of work; one should never speak in words excess to the amount of blows they have prepared their face to take..."

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

-==IC: Elly==-

"Oh, you're one of those people." Elly said, as she sighed. "Sorry, but it doesn't work that way. And causing trouble isn't going to help your case, it's just going to cause you more trouble, and likely kill you." Elly warned, as she looked at Turbo pointedly.

IC: Kopen - Queen's Tunnel

Kopen tried to grin back, but listening to him talk like that was making her feel a bit uncomfortable. She hoped he hadn't heard her pleading with the Queen to let him be General instead. "Do you... know anyone on that list?" she asked, gesturing to sheet of names.

IC: Virse - Arena

Her sensors picked up something coming closer, moving fast. Two somethings, one a fair distance behind the other. Virse readied the "Cleansing Blaze" for battle. "Look out, two targets coming up," she warned the Great Being beside her.

Their wanderings, staring at the endless sand before them, had given her time to think. There was something else she could try. "If you wish it, I can hide myself and surprise them from behind," she added. Even without appropriate cover, her mask might prove effective out here.

OOC: Virse and Puppetmaster sighting Sudrec and Riss

IC: The Puppetmaster (Baterra Nui) - Arena.

"Very well," he shifted into a battle stance, summoning up an illusion before him that blended in with the rest of the wreckage around them. If Virse was intended to hide and ambush the enemy, he would do the same. 

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Mirror - Commercial Sector

He nervously flicked at the toppings of his pizza. "N-not... really..."

Her companion readied his cover; it was time for her to do the same. Virse braced her hands against the sides of the cockpit and focused on her mask power. In here, the mech was just as much a part of her as her gauntlet or her cloth.

The Wrath steadily decayed into the sand beneath it, leaving no indication that a mech had been there at all. A large sheet of sand slowly began crawling across the ground, making its way towards the approaching foes. When her companion was ready to reveal himself, she would be right behind them.

OOC: Virse and Puppetmaster preparing to meet Riss and Sudrec

IC - Vagust:

Vagust, bored and deciding he was sorely in need of some training, managed to find himself stumbling into the training sector after wandering essentially blindly around the facility for a little bit, having basically entrusted faith to guide him to where he needed to go. And, of course, he was happy to find himself in the training sector - it was where he wanted to go, and fate seemed to agree.

Looking around, he noticed the Toa of Water he had fought in the earlier round standing and watching a group of others. Vagust walked up behind her, tapping her on the shoulder to get her attention. "Care to explain how it is a Toa of Water is able to redirect lightning?" he asked, his voice jovial. "Because I have to say, that's quite the fancy trick."

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

IC: Terry Terrix - Engineering Sector. 

"Thanks, mate," Terry said gratefully, turning to roll off towards the exit. 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC - Vagust:

Vagust, bored and deciding he was sorely in need of some training, managed to find himself stumbling into the training sector after wandering essentially blindly around the facility for a little bit, having basically entrusted faith to guide him to where he needed to go. And, of course, he was happy to find himself in the training sector - it was where he wanted to go, and fate seemed to agree.

Looking around, he noticed the Toa of Water he had fought in the earlier round standing and watching a group of others. Vagust walked up behind her, tapping her on the shoulder to get her attention. "Care to explain how it is a Toa of Water is able to redirect lightning?" he asked, his voice jovial. "Because I have to say, that's quite the fancy trick."

IC(Ismekne): The Ga-Toa lifted up her arms in response. Vagust would see a curved gray outline on both of her forearms that was criss-crossed with black lines, dotted with circles, squares, and other geometric shapes. "My Matoran weapons were fused with me when I transformed." Ismekne said. "It left a mark."

GM IC: MAEUS FO KURU - MEDICAL BAY

As they wandered through the Medical Bay, Fishers would find herself being guided from behind through the rooms until they reached a set of stairs going downwards.

"Down we go!" Maeus said cheerfully from behind her. "We do all of our trials downstairs. I would do them up here, of course, but we once had a trainee get mixed up with which rooms were which. The results were unpleasant for the fighter involved."

IC(Ismekne): "As I recall, I attacked you first," Ismekne said. "Besides, it's the Arena, you know, and it's a fighting tournament. What else were you supposed to do, just give up?"

IC(fishers): "You were testing his mental fortitude, I expect." But there wasn't time for wondering about Maeus' comment - it made sense, after all - when there was a staircase in front of her. A quick hop allowed fishers to mount the banister rail and slide to the bottom - wheeeee!

OOC: Maeus can try to retcon that banister-rail slide if he likes. I didn't think he had a strong hold on fishers' arm. Yet.  

GM IC: MAEUS FO KURU - MEDICAL BAY

The Skakdi only chuckled as Fishers slid down the banister... as the metal rod suddenly sparked with electricity, zapping the Matoran as she slid to the bottom. The electrical shock would not be enough to kill her (nowhere near that), but it would be extremely painful nonetheless, a pain that would stay with the Matoran thanks to the electrical burns and heat burns she would receive in the process of sliding down the bannister.

It would probably be too painful for her to consider sitting down.

GM IC: THE QUEEN - QUEEN'S OFFICE

The Queen turned her chair around to face the fire in the hearth, leaving Kopen and Xaeraz to their discussion.

• Upvote 1

IC(fishers): Ow. Wow. "That was quite shocking," fishers called up to the Skakdi. "Might want to watch the carnival toys in the future - you might have less repair work to do on your guests after they arrive."

But if he has a shocking banister rail, fishers thought, grimacing in pain, what other dangerous and exciting things does he have down here? The Matoran began to look around at the place she had descended into. Or tried to look around, anyway. 

IC: "Not besides Von Worten," Xaeraz replied, moving down to the list of soldiers. "But I'm guessing you know this 'Kale Ironshaper,' based on how he and I are marked as Lieutenants on this list? Name like that, I'm sure I'm going to be incredibly jealous of him."

IC: Venix slammed two of her hands down, trying to catch the blade between them. She missed, gaining her a nick in her armor and a grunt of indignation.

"Okay," She muttered, settling back into her stance. "Again."

• Upvote 1

All are not the same

Freedom in the flame

The end has just begun

IC Maccha Yellow! - Training Sector

Hehehehehehe, you chuckled quietly. That wasn't at all how you caught a blade! It was one of the few movements where the flashiness of choreography directly correlated to the actuality. To attempt a blade catch as sensibly as the rahkshi was doing was senseless, you needed a certain amount of pizzazz and flair!

...but close to it

OOC: So...how exactly did Maeus know Tuyetkhamun was responsible for the poisoning? I mean, I'd say Kelatin's logic of "smoke lady here now, smoke lady in the cafeteria then, lash out at whoever is nearest to smoke lady" was a bit ropey (especially considering I'm not sure he should have any idea it was Dajik causing the smoke, or any idea of what Tuyetkhamun can do at all) but given the guy got poisoned extreme reactions are understandable and at least there's some kind of logical progression of thoughts. Maeus just strolls in and automatically knows exactly what happened. No "I looked at the security tapes, saw you two chatting before", no "I'm going to assume it was you because I'm staff so I know your powerset" not even a "I'm just guessing it was you because everyone else seems to think so". Just pops up and its "Yep, I totally know what went down." I mean...thats kind of metagaming there. I'd appreciate at least a cursory mention of how he came to his conclusion

IC: "I'm sure the list of things you won't tolerate could stretch to the Red Star, Wormflesh," Tuyetkhamun retorted to Kelatin, "However I'm sure that the list of things you could actually do about it couldn't bridge the gap between grains of sand."

She stalked out the medical facility before Kelatin could respond, noticing the Lady Dajik waiting for her and walking up to her agent.

"Next time a less...signature distraction may be needed."

IC: The Wyrm had ceded. Lefia had retreated. Skrall had no-one left to fight. And so he went back to the equipment around the training sector, honing his strength and skills through less confrontational means

IC: Well. This was awkward. Olari kind of wanted to leave Zakaro alone to sleep in peace...but she couldn't move anywhere. He had her pinned. There were about a dozen ways she could get him off but she didn't want to risk waking him. The last time his sleep had been disturbed he'd gone more or less off the deep end and hadn't stopped his ramblings, who knew what would happen if she did it again. 

Might as well just get comfortable then. She rested her back against the wall and closed her eyes. It wasn't quite sleep, it wasn't quite meditation, but something in between that she found useful for recharging and getting her breath back between bouts with the Bohrok swarms, a means of getting over any fatigue that leadened her limbs. She'd let Zakaro have a decent rest and recover his own strength, then see what she could do about getting him off. For now though, she didn't mind the wait

IC: "But...I mean, I'm not even the same species as any of these guys!" Turbo protested, gesturing at Dayeth, "Its like I'm a..." Her own realm was short on wildlife, she thought back to the battles she'd have in Amazon's jungle sector, "I'm a lizard and they're birds! We're all brightly coloured but we're not the same thing! There must be some way I can just be excused."

IC: "Getting a mech huh?" Jorth called out to Terry, "Nothing like them really exists in my world, so I've never really had the chance to experience them. They look cool though, perhaps I should think about introducing them."

7AOYGDJ.jpg

IC: The Wyrm - Medbay.

Cradling his broken arm, The Wyrm headed into the medbay and sat down, waiting to be seen to. 

IC: Terry Terrix - Engineering Sector.

"Gettin' mine rebuilt, actually," Terry admitted meekly, "it didn't do as well as I'd hoped."

IC: Dayeth - Knowledge Sector.

"There's plenty of beings here who aren't the same species," Dayeth said pointedly. 

IC: Sudrec

Eventually Sudrec came across what looked like an open field.

"Switching drive mode to insect form," and the mech dropped down onto all fours to lower its profile.

"I don't see anything here either..."

IC: Minami

Minami slowly started to wake up.

IC-Galaxia Eternis

As The enemy Mecha fell down limp, Galaxia Eternis stood there triumphantly, Knowing she had proven her worth as a fighter for once. However, She had to be sure that her (Former) opponent was fully defeated, so She raised the foot of the Seraphiel armour over the downed fighter and...

*STOMP*

OOC

Does this count as metagaming if she correctly guesses that Gemshimmer is still alive? Or is that figuring out where the weak spot is without seeing the foe in person first?

Also, By some freak miracle that the mech is still operational, What would be her options at that time? Not a lot, seeing as she's about to get stomped would be my guess.

wGF2PMb.png

lof_teaser.png

(I'll do this eventually, I swear...)

My BZPRPG Characters

Corpus Rahkshi Characters: Kol Arsenal Swarm Amalgamation

Skyrise Characters: Zavon

IC: Kopen - Queen's Office

Was he trying to make her uncomfortable? If he was, it was working. She squirmed in her chair under the scrutiny, trying to explain. "He... he helped me in the first round... and... he was one of the Toa of Light who..." she stole a glance over to the Queen's chair, and lowered her voice, "who fixed... her meddlings."

Why did she even care? She didn't care if anyone was jealous, and he was probably joking anyway. She cleared her throat and adjusted a few of many cloth coverings before jumping to another topic. "A-anyone... I would know?"

IC: Lady Dajik - Lower Hallways

"Oh, don't act so suave about it," she snapped. A quick glance around showed they were alone, but that... incident in the Infirmary had shown her a bit more discretion might be warranted here. She leaned in closer and spoke a little softer. "There won't be a 'next time.' I'm down to two lives because of you, and what did you find? Nothing! You just slipped something in a drink or two! Any half-competent fool could do that without a distraction!"

She glared into those dead eyes unflinchingly, daring the mummy to challenge her.

OoC: If a mecha hasn't been teleported away, its pilot is still alive inside. It's pretty obvious and requires no guessing.

IC: Feli Gemshimmer (Arena)

"No!" she hissed inside the defeated mecha, her shoulder still smoking, "How did I lose? The enemy must've cheated! That must be it! That mus-" Her sentence was cut short when her cockpit collapsed and her body was crushed, her organs turning into paste. Almost immediately afterwards the mecha was engulfed by bright light and disappeared. it was clear that the mecha and its pilot had been teleported away.

OoC: Feli Gemshimmer KO'd by Galaxia Eternis/Harami

still alive somehow

BZPRPG profiles

OOC: Click, Maus took away two lives. Lady Dajik has five. 

IC(Kalatin): Good. She left. Whew. Objective achieved. He sighed. The cost of two lives to himself was nothing, really. Better than whatever devious plan the lady and the mummy had. He had expected to be penalized anyway. 

The gelatin stared apprehensively at the door Maus had taken fishers through. His imagination conjured up all sorts of things he could be doing to her right now. His kind had gone through enough experiments, and most of them were deadly. 

Unfortunately, Kalatin knew that he was too exhausted from the battle and not eating to do any good. He would not be fighting anyone - Maus especially - like this. So he squirmed out of the medical bay and headed back to the Commercial Sector, passing the mummy and Lady Dajik as he went. The Lady Dajik looked particularly angry, and Kalatin smiled. Good. 

IC: "Oh. Av-toa. Here I was, thinking he'd be a Fe-toa with a name like that. So jealous of them," Xaeraz trailed off, looking over the roster again. He paused, then said, "Okay, Kopen, I don't know if you know any of these people at all. If you'd like, I can list them off one by one? It looks like I can access files on them for abilities and equipment, too, so we can see what we're working with."

IC: Riss paused several yards behind Sudrec's mech, scanning. Something didn't feel right. They couldn't just go this long without seeing anyone, could they? She frowned and focused on listening, trying to pick out anything that might be of use to them.

"Sudrec..." she began, slowly, keeping her voice solely over the mic. "I think I hear something. We might have hidden mechs."

All are not the same

Freedom in the flame

The end has just begun

OOC: So...how exactly did Maeus know Tuyetkhamun was responsible for the poisoning? I mean, I'd say Kelatin's logic of "smoke lady here now, smoke lady in the cafeteria then, lash out at whoever is nearest to smoke lady" was a bit ropey (especially considering I'm not sure he should have any idea it was Dajik causing the smoke, or any idea of what Tuyetkhamun can do at all) but given the guy got poisoned extreme reactions are understandable and at least there's some kind of logical progression of thoughts. Maeus just strolls in and automatically knows exactly what happened. No "I looked at the security tapes, saw you two chatting before", no "I'm going to assume it was you because I'm staff so I know your powerset" not even a "I'm just guessing it was you because everyone else seems to think so". Just pops up and its "Yep, I totally know what went down." I mean...thats kind of metagaming there. I'd appreciate at least a cursory mention of how he came to his conclusion

*facedesk*

I had intended to have Maeus note that he memorizes fighter profiles to make sure that medical procedures go smoothly, and that he had connected enough dots with both that and the security footage to narrow the suspects down to specific individuals. Obviously I failed to make this known, and I apologize for that.

OOC: fishers, you are incorrect. Lady Dajik was already at 5 lives; thus, the 2 that Maeus took from her knock her down to 3.

GM IC: MAEUS FO KURU - MEDICAL BASEMENT

"Perhaps you should simply be more careful," Maeus suggested brightly. "After all, dear Fishers, the clinical trial has not yet even begun! I would hate it if you were to suffer too much before it can even start."

GM IC: DREISEN - ENGINEERING

Dreisen paid no attention to the exchange between Jorth and Terry, instead occupying himself with what appeared to be a game on his computer terminal.

GM IC: THE QUEEN - QUEEN'S OFFICE

The Queen pressed a button on the side of her armchair and a large screen descended from the ceiling, the display flickering to life to reveal six security feeds from all over the facility. One showed Albrecht asleep in the Medical Bay; three showed various portions of the Commercial Sector; one observed Dreisen, Jorth and Terry just outside of Engineering; and the last one flipped between various cameras in the lower halls.

• Upvote 1

IC: Lytrel

"... Oof. These are heavy."

Of course, he had asked for them to be heavy.

After his return to the arena, Lytrel had done some reflecting on things.

He realized that he actually didn't know how to use a spear that well, and given his, uh... Tantrums in the past few... Uh, days? He didn't know how much time had passed in those tunnels. Anyways, he found that a bludgeoning weapon might be better for him.

So he had requested a change of weapons, and that change was granted. The spear he had brought with him had been turned in, with two metal batons replacing the long weapon. They were too heavy to use effectively without his Pakari, but that had kinda been the point of the weapon.

"Yes..."

So why had he chosen this specific shape?

Well...

There had been an art form on Tierra called "Arnis" or alternatively "Eskrima". He couldn't remember the exact details, but he did recall it had an emphasis on double stick combat. Some rummaging around in the knowledge sector had given him some pointers on this universe's equivalent of the form.

"This feels familiar..."

Did he learn portions of the art while young? He didn't remember, and he probably never woukd. But the sticks felt much better in his hands than the spear did, and that was good.

With that order of business finished, he went up to the commercial sector. Arriving in the food court, he ordered a massive order of pizza. He hadn't eaten in days.

Or maybe he wasn't just hungry, but was taking some form of solace in the excess of food? Binge eating was a way of stress relief after all, though not a good one by any means...

OOC: Lytrel open for interaction

OOC:

OOC: Click, Maus took away two lives. Lady Dajik has five. 

Actually, she's down to two after the Commercial Sector and nearly killing Snarl.

Kopen tried to relax and keep herself still to listen to his voice. "Okay, what have we got?"

IC: Lady Dajik - Lower Hallways

She cut herself off as that pudding squirmed into view. Her fierce gaze shifted from the mummy to the eavesdropper, a promise clearer than words that it would pay for this. But she would have to be more careful now. She couldn't fire off a shot this close to the Infirmary, under all this security. That would only result in her last lives being taken.

She would bide her time. It wouldn't be the first time she had to wait for the kill.

IC: "Okay, first we have... Zephyr. Toa of the Green. Elemental control over plantlife, Kanohi Felnas, and apparently carries around a bag of seeds so he's always armed. I think he was the annoying one from the opening ceremony. Shiny, loud, sounded like he though he was better than everyone?"

"Then, Virse? Toa of sand. Mask lets her transform into her element, wears a superheated gauntlet. She owns a Mech, apparently, but will not be using it in the War Games."

"Mirror. I'm not sure what to call him, species-wise, but I met a Dark Hunter once who looked like him named Mimic. Copy movements flawlessly after seeing them once, limited control over magnetism, an a sort of lance-sword hybrid."

"Arkrax. Listed as a 'Data Elemental (toa).' Flight, limited manipulation of light and data both. Sounds like he could be a great boon against mechanical enemies, although we'd want to keep him safe from Ezezko's Ultimate Weapon."

IC: Venix ducked and swung her upper two arms up, trying to catch this strike. She missed, again, and received a brand new slice down the left side of her head for her trouble. She grunted again, irritation and pain both this time.

"Again."

All are not the same

Freedom in the flame

The end has just begun

IC Langmuir - Arena

It had been several uninterrupted minutes until I felt like I had lost the other machine. I was deeper into the cityscape now, relatively few of the buildings had been left standing, I piloted the Irvine into one of the less conspicuous ones, found a nice secluded room and climbed out to inspect the damage. The severed hand would be impossible to fix, the rest of the damage was in the form of burns, shrapnel and bent or deformed plating. I slowly searched the building, absorbing any metallic items I could find to replenish my energies, the skirmish with the other machines had been draining on them. Once replenished, I returned to the room with Irvine and set to work fixing some of the damages. It was difficult for me to do anything about the burns or punctures, but the deformed sections of armor were easy enough to fix. It had been a good twenty minutes since I escaped now.

Leaving the Irvine and closing the door with it, I climbed the buildings stairwell, working my way to fourth story. It was dark and partially ruined, the rubble would serve well to break up my silhouette. I got down to a prone position amongst the ruins and lay watching the main intersection of the city. Anyone traveling through it would pass through my field of vision.

...but close to it

Kopen nodded at each name even as her frown deepened. Besides Xaeraz's description of the first, none of them sounded familiar. Then again, she had so little contact with the other contestants, there could have been a Toa of Sand running around since the beginning. But the thought of so many new contestants and powers was a little... shocking. At least these were under her command.

She waved a hand and gave a soft, "Go on."

The two mechs passed right over her, but Virse didn't have a chance to get a good look from her position. She was intent on moving to cover.

Once the sand slid behind a building, it slowly piled up, reforming into the Wrath with only the softest rush of sand. The trap was ready to spring.

IC: "I definitely heard something, Sudrec," Riss said, turning the B Side to face the building that Virse was re-forming behind. The Bass Cannons swiveled to focus on the building's foundation and began to play a steady, pulsing beat. It would take a bit, but the pounding sound waves would eventually pulverize the building's base and send it crashing to the ground.

IC: "Okay, next. Thaera. Bo-Matoran. Catcher claw staff, pet Avohkah, and incredible reflexes. Not sure I buy his element, though. He's apparently very good with rahi."

"Sesdec. Toa of... Paper? Weird. He's apparently very skilled with his element, but he's using a mech called the 'Polyhydra.' Which is..." Xaeraz groaned. "He's driving a giant, shape shifting sheet of paper. It's apparently able to move much better than other mecha, but still! Paper!"

"Next, we have Olari. Fa-toa. Akaku, sheath of metal rods she uses as weapons. I think I met her, before we went on that quest with the Queen. Seemed nice enough."

"Jorth. Toa of Flesh. Flesh." Xaeraz stared at the page, then sighed and continued. "Uses a mech called the Ebon Flow. It's apparently a cockpit surrounded in Ferrofluid, allowing it to shift shape and generate electrical attacks. And it has some kind of Rode-Radar hybrid. Jorth himself has a Tryna, elemental control of flesh, and a spear. And he wears a flesh coat." A heavy sigh escaped the fe-toa's mouth.

"Lovely."

IC: Venix considered the proposition, and decided to give it a go. When Kat made her swing, the four armed rahk elected to swing a hand downwards, aiming to knock the blade away from her instead of stop it entirely.

All are not the same

Freedom in the flame

The end has just begun

If powers such as sand and data shocked her, these outright horrified her. She looked a little pale as she tried to imagine how she could use them... but the image was too strange. And still no one she recognized.

"Yeah," she muttered weakly, "...w-what else?"

IC: Sudrec

"Huh?

Seeing Riss turn around and begin shooting at a building, Sudrec set his mech back upright and aimed his rifle at the building.

"Should I flank whatever's behind there, or should I wait?"

IC: Eryard

Another figure appeared (Galaxia Eternis). Hopefully I could actually do damage to this one, and it didn't have any weird powers. I fired off several force blasts at the figure in the distance, speeding towards it.

IC: Yoko

A new enemy (Irvine) had entered the city, too close for Yoko's comfort. She attempted to sneak into a tughter alleyway where it wouldn't follow.

OOC: Sudrec preparing to attack Virse, Eryard attacking Galaxia, Yoko trying to sneak past Langmuir