Second 2014 LEGO Ideas Review Results

tn_15_02_04_lego-ideas-second-2014-revie

Congratulations to the WALL-E and Doctor Who and Companions projects by MacLane and AndrewClark2 respectively for passing the second 2014 LEGO Ideas Review as LEGO Ideas sets #011 and #012! Once again, we get two licensed sets but then again, all projects from this review cycle were from third-party IPs. I can see these find great audiences: The Doctor Who sets for the great minifigures and WALL-E because he's just too lovely - I just hope he won't feel too lonely without EVE. :( Check out the official blog post!

View the full article

• Upvote 3

WALL-EEEEEEE!

Disappointed that the Hubble Space Telescope didn't make it, but I guess since we already have three real life science machine models from CUUSOO that territory has sort of already been covered. Hopefully the final WALL-E model doesn't deviate any from the proposed model (under the 'updates', not the pictured model). It's simply perfect as is.

• Upvote 1
BZPRPG

Doctor Who and WALL·E are getting sets? YES!

In other news the LEGO website appears to be down, hopefully this means an update bringing more goodness and gratefulness :3

~ Sophistry: A way to be antidisuncorrect. ~

In a decade you might convince maybe a small tribe of people.

In a decade you might also conquer one million km2 of land,

& in over a thousand years you might have over a billion followers.

I like building things. Please don't break the big ones.

& evidential philosophies that dare to extrapolate beyond

an individual's direct experience aren't easily built.

Doctor Who and WALL·[/size]E are getting sets? YES!

In other news the LEGO website appears to be down, hopefully this means an update bringing more goodness and gratefulness :3

Works for me.

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^_^

Doctor Who and WALL·[/size]E are getting sets? YES!

Works for me.

Ha... yeah back up again for me, for a good 30 minutes it was down for me (& http://downforeveryoneorjustme.com/ agreed)

Oh well, sorry about that >,>"

(Now to check over the site to see if [minor] change anywhere...)

~ Sophistry: A way to be antidisuncorrect. ~

In a decade you might convince maybe a small tribe of people.

In a decade you might also conquer one million km2 of land,

& in over a thousand years you might have over a billion followers.

I like building things. Please don't break the big ones.

& evidential philosophies that dare to extrapolate beyond

an individual's direct experience aren't easily built.

Yay, Wall-E AND Doctor Who! You know, that Hellicarrier from the next review is doomed to not passing the review, because not only is it incredibly large for a Lego model, but Lego was already planning to release their own. That Piano project might pass though, and it could become the cheapest Lego Ideas set ever. :P

• Upvote 1

The artist formerly known as

ŜρЄЯ־GЄNіŜ־CЯЄŦ۞Я

BBC#69 Entry: Roodaka - Master of Manipulation

BFTGM entries: Zigben · Ventox · Deflecto

Hail Denmark.

WALL-E!

• Upvote 1

Steam Name: Toa Hahli Mahri. Xbox Live Gamertag: Makuta. Minecraft Username: ThePoohster.

Wants: 2003 Jaller (from Jaller and Gukko), Exo-Toa, Turaga Nuju, Turaga Vakama, Shadow Kraata, Axonn, Brutaka, Vezon & Fenrakk, Nocturn, ORANGE FIKOU.

I got rid of my picture, are you happy?

I'm entirely indifferent to there being a Dr. Who set, but that Wall-E is very well-designed and spot-on accurate, so it being made into a set is pretty neat.

~B~

Yeah, I really do look forward to the Wall-E especially as it was made by someone who worked on the movie itself (which explains the dead-on accuracies). And I also am not terribly excited for the Doctor Who set, but then again I'm not really a fan of the show, so I'd have no idea what it's about.

Edited by Moku

BZPRPG Profiles

Nekka  Banar  Moku  Savok

Now to digest the rest...

Wall-E: Fantastic. I only hope that the final model is as accurate as the proposed one.

Assault on Wayne Manor: Probably just didn't align with or conflicted with current plans for DC sets.

Invisible Hand: Probably way, way too ambitious. Not surprised.

X-Mansion: See Wayn Manor, but swap DC for Marvel.

Lightsabers: These... Nothing exciting or interesting about these models. Wouldn't have made great sets anyways IMO.

UCS AT-AT: See Invisible Hand above. Although this one probably was more likely just because of the already extant UCS line, the size just doesn't line up with what we've seen from Ideas, so I'm still not surprised.

Ghostbusters Headquarters: This would have been a cool addition to the Ecto-1. Tis a shame.

Hubble: But here's my biggest disappointment... Cuusoo, and by extension Ideas, started out with a strong science presence. I've loved that from the beginning. Hubble would have been a tremendous addition and it's pretty disappointing to see that it didn't go through.

As for the next review... Well, we know one of those at least isn't going to pass for sure lol.

~|ET|~

• Upvote 1

E-T... Phone home.

"He walks among us, but he is not one of us."