LEGO Jurassic World Video Game Teaser Trailer

The LEGO Jurassic World Video Game is coming this June, packing four movies worth of dinosaur action into one game! Warner Bros has uploaded a first teaser and while it doesn't show anything about the gameplay at all, it does show how LEGO will most likely manage to combine dinosaurs with the typical LEGO humor - including an evolutionary disadvantage of a certain popular dinosaur and a structural disadvantage of its LEGO version... Read on to watch it!

View the full article

Figured they'd go for the now cliche (and overused) 'T-Rex has short arms' joke, but the teaser as a whole still cracked me up. Although I didn't see a Mac platform logo at the end, hopefully it will end up on Steam as a Mac download like LEGO Hobbit. I want to play it!

Edited by Vorahk1Panrahk2
BZPRPG

Every time something like this makes a "short arms" joke, I can't help but laugh, because both the Jurassic Park rendition and the LEGO rendition actually have arms larger than Tyrannosaurus had.

(Also not sure if I'd call the tiny arms an evolutionary disadvantage considering its arms shrank in correlation to its head becoming larger and its jaws becoming more powerful, which seems like a pretty fair tradeoff to me)

• Upvote 2

I wonder if they'll do the same route they do with other movies and make games spanning the whole franchise if this one does well.

Also here's hoping for a "dino feathers" red brick option.

I was under the impression this game would already span the franchise since the teaser says "Four Jurassic Adventures." Also this quote from the article posted on Thursday:

Jurassic World will actually cover the storylines of all four movies and will release in June
Edited by Vorahk1Panrahk2
BZPRPG

(Also not sure if I'd call the tiny arms an evolutionary disadvantage considering its arms shrank in correlation to its head becoming larger and its jaws becoming more powerful, which seems like a pretty fair tradeoff to me)

Well, it is in this case. :P

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^_^

Why don't they do more stuff like Lego City Undercover? I liked that and I think it did pretty well in sales.

According to this list, the 3DS version is the 33rd best-selling LEGO game and the Wii U version is the 52nd best-selling game.

Filtering by platform, it's the best-selling LEGO game on both the 3DS and Wii U. That's great, but I guess compared to the other platforms it wasn't enough to justify more titles along those lines. You could probably also extrapolate from that that people prefer to play LEGO games on other consoles and only bought Undercover on the Nintendo platforms because they were exclusives. Licensed stuff sells better, it would seem. :(

TT Games never passes up a chance to make a Lego video game based off a franchise. 

Why don't they do more stuff like Lego City Undercover? I liked that and I think it did pretty well in sales.

They do Chima and Ninjago games and more niche titles like Battles but those are usually only for handhelds. I guess the sales don't merit console releases in their eyes whereas a game based on a popular intellectual property with a LEGO twist is bound to get consumers.

-NotS

• Upvote 1

tahubanner.jpg

Though the (arguably overused) T-Rex arm joke was funny, I was laughing more at the fact that his jaw just kind of falls off. xD Can't wait to see more for the game!

-NotS

Yeah I missed that the first time, all I seen was that the Lego-Rex was roaring and then I noticed it was reaching for something on the ground.

TT Games never passes up a chance to make a Lego video game based off a franchise. 

They do Chima and Ninjago games and more niche titles like Battles but those are usually only for handhelds. I guess the sales don't merit console releases in their eyes whereas a game based on a popular intellectual property with a LEGO twist is bound to get consumers.

-NotS

Chima was on the consoles. I don't know how well it sold but I had mine on the 3DS...

"A stranger will always be a stranger unless you give them a chance."

:m_p: :r: :m_o: :w: :l:    :n: :i: :g: :h: :t: :w: :m_o: :l: :f:

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png