Where would you be without BZP?

Xabla

You know, that's a really thought provoking question, barring the general of answers  of "doing my homework."

BZPower was my first real forum on the internet. Before social networks, before anything other than the LEGO club (and that barely counts) A lot of the social interaction skills, writing abilities, critical thinking skills and openness I have gained came from hanging around this site, reading and writing and making comics and discussing a passion I shared with others.

I don't know where I would be now if I had never found BZP. I may have found another similar site, or I may have remained a reclusive girl with no social skills whatsoever, afraid to talk about a passion she didn't share with any of her classmates. (Small school.)

Really, BZP's helped shape a significant part of my life, and my passions. 

• Upvote 2

Defy Expectations

I probably wouldn't be as much of a Lego fan as I am now, because this still is the main place for me to discuss such things (or at least just feel like I am not alone in liking them.)  I doubt I'd have found another site, but who knows, really.

Apart from that, maybe I would have started taking drawing more seriously a lot later. Maybe I would never even have started doing it regularly.

Another thing is that this site has helped me to get through some seriously hard times. I have no idea how differently things would have played out otherwise.

Edited by Taka Nuvia

20210512_strollin_banner.jpg

My art collection topic - updated! (21/09/2021)

I guess I'd be in a pretty different place right now, both regarding my life and, more prominently, my interest in Bionicle. Bzpower really has played a pivotal role in what kind of a Bionicle fan I have become, so to take the website out of the equation... well, I don't really know. I know how I found the website, so maybe if not this one, perhaps it would have been Mask of Destiny? Or some other Bionicle website? In all honesty, I have no idea.

Physically? Probably about in the same set of places. Online? Good question. In terms of Bionicle and Lego, possibly Flickr, given the large MOCist community there. Of course I found said community on Flickr through BZP, so perhaps things would have worked out differently.

~B~

• 4 weeks later...

I actually lurked on the LMBs back when I was a small child... Those "What Would Bionicles Never Say" threads were gold to 7-year-old me. 

It was the Bionicle community on Tumblr that prompted my return to BZP. If there were no BZP, I'd probably be yelling into space about bonkles on Tumblr. 

WHAT'S UP, BUTTERCUP???

well, BZP is where i:

• found the drive to start making Comics,
  •  
  • Keep updated on new Lego set releases,
  •  
  • Learned about 67% of the G1 Story,
  •  
  • Made my first online interaction, ever.

Who knows what i'd be like with those things all different-like/missing. :0

(probably not quite as much of a constant fan of plastic robots is what.)

bnnrimg1.pngbnnrimg2.pngbnnrimg3.pngbnnrimg4.pngbnnrimg5.pngbnnrimg8.png

Without BZPower, I would be studying more often. I was super passionate about bionicle as a kid, but no one shared my interest in it and I was socially awkward in middle school. Reading comics as a lurker was fun, but I joined because of the BZPRPG. Without it, I wouldn't stick around on BZPower and it also gave me the inspiration to try out drawing and fanfiction writing, so without BZP, I'd be nothing. 

• Upvote 1

If you like Pingu & want to support a good project, click here. Also, I've rejoined the BZPRPG & I have a new profile for a new game. Click here to see it.

• 1 month later...

I suppose I wouldn't have gotten better at drawing, specifically colourful marshmallow horses after getting involved with the MLP. I also wouldn't have discovered so many good TV shows over the last few years either because of that. And probably other things that I can't remember off the top of my head.

The whole thing is very much a domino effect.

UnsuspectingButts.thumb.png.2a71dabd3565a645b7127215b282d46b.png

I probably would've stuck with BS01 (or whatever the main BIONICLE reference wiki would have been in its place) for longer than I did, because once I joined BZP I got more interested in the discussion and less interested in the chronicling. Dunno if I'd still be there at this point though.

This is eerily the exact same position I'd be in.