Melding Universe Rahkshi

After some stuff I did in Bionifight it got me thinking about the 42 Powers that Makuta, Kraata, and Rahkshi can do since the powers there differed from this dimension. So I wanted to make a fanon/somewhat canon list starting with the canon stuff. Maybe you guys can help?

TOTAL POWERS: 42 of 42

CANON POWERS
Courage - Red - Turahk >>> Able to empower a target(s) with bravery, or cause an enemy to act too rashly
Peace - White - Kurahk >>> Can calm a target, either facilitating peaceful interaction or removing an enemy's will to fight
Light - White/Gold >>> Casts a light that can enable others to see or distract and blind enemies, or absorb it all away to create darkness
Telepathy - Light Purple >>> Allows the user to detect and read minds and/or transfer their own thoughts into the mind of another being

Teleportation - Blue/Green >>> Allows the user to teleport to and from anywhere

Shapeshifting - Blue/Gold >>> Allows the user to alter their form and physiology to create a different appearance for themselves

IMPLIED/CHOSEN CANON POWERS
Purity - Blue - Lerahk >>> Can remove the effect of a poison or remove pollutants or corrosion
Prosperity - Black - Vorahk >>> Can boost the power of an object or the strength of another being
Creation - Brown - Guurahk >>> Can allow the user to telekinetically create structures out of raw materials
Faith - Green - Panrahk >>> Can inspire hope and lift the spirits of others as well as creating a slight increase in luck
Rahi Control - Magenta >>> Allows the user to talk with/understand/command Rahi
Plant Control - Green/Brown >>> Allows the user to have limited control of plantlife
Insect Control - Orange >>> Allows the user to talk with/understand/command insects
Telekinesis - Blue/Black >>> Can move structures, items, and/or other beings by using their mind

Heat Vision - Yellow >>> Allows the wielder to emit beams of heat from their eyes

Laser Vision - Red/Orange >>> Allows the user to emit highly concentrated laser beams from their eyes

Weather Control - Gold >>> Allows the user to manifest changes in weather

Elasticity - Tan >>> Allow the user to stretch and extend at will

Gravity - Blue/Silver >>> Allow the user to use gravity to float or crush his opponents

Adaptation - Black/Purple >>> Allows the user to adapt to any situation

Power Scream - Purple >>> Can unleash a loud scream that has effects on the opponent

FANON POWERS

Clarity/Translation - Grey/Green >>> Allows a user to understand others and stay awake for prolonged periods of time without needing to sleep

Fortitude - Grey >>> Allows the user to be protected from almost, if not all, physical attacks

Molecular Reconstruction - Light Blue >>> Allows the user to gradually repair inorganic matter, especially to repair armor or tools 

Rebounding - Blue/Purple >>> Causes any non-exploding or non-fragmenting projectiles to come back to them after the object has been thrown at and hit a target

Regeneration - Black/Brown >>> Can heal the injuries of themselves or others

Detection - Red/Gold >>> Allows the user to see nearby hidden beings or objects

Truth - Tan/Blue >>> Allows the user to see through all type of deceptions and disguises

Lightning Resistance - Silver >>> Resistant to the even the most powerful of Lightning Toa

Plasma Resistance - Red/Tan >>> Resistant to the even the most powerful of Plasma Toa

Burning - Red/Yellow >>> Can make fire up to the same degrees as Tahu Nuva's flames

Freezing - Aquamarine >>> Can freeze down to the same degrees as Kopaka Nuva's frost

Paralyzation - Blue/Silver >>> Allows the user to prevent others from moving

Deafening - Grey/Black >>> Allows the user to deafen his opponents

Galeforce - Orange/Black >>> Can manipulate the winds into tornadoes or vacuums

Speed - Blue/Yellow >>> Can exceed the speeds of a Kakama Nuva ignoring the effects of friction.

Fortune - Yellow/Green >>> Can manipulate things that involve luck (i.e. dodging bullets, finding treasure, sneaking, etc.)

Dream Affliction - Maroon >>> Can make or manipulate dreams

Intangibility - Black/Green >>> Can make themselves intangible

Repulsion - Black/Gold >>> Allows the use to repel objects, even the ground allowing them limited flight

Energy - Tan/Red >>> Can manipulate generic energy in many ways

Stability - Black/White >>> Can never fall, or when they do, they may fall slowly allowing the user to gain control of the situation

Edit #1: Added a few descriptions, courtesy of Akavakaku. Will add the rest later.

Edit #2: Removed names for all but the main 6. Add descriptions for all from ideas given by Akavakaku, Observance, and I. Added Teleportation as Alt. Teridax used it in canon. Also added Clarity. Renamed Mind Reading to Telepathy. Added Fortitude courtesy of Johnrahk. After research I learned that Alt. Teridax has Shapeshifting

Edit #3: Did not expect the mini-discussions that came out of this. Either way, added Roman/Nato's idea of Molecular Reconstruction, my fanon powers of Rebounding, Detection, and Truth. Also added Heat and Laser Vision. Halfway there already.

Edit #4: Added Lightning and Plasma Resistance, and Burn and Freeze.

Edit #5: The list is done.

Edited by ArcticFreeze17
  • Upvote 5

Canon list (alternate)

Shielding like the Hau maybe (combined with something else)?

Edited by Iblis

~ Sophistry: A way to be antidisuncorrect. ~

In a decade you might convince maybe a small tribe of people.

In a decade you might also conquer one million km2 of land,

& in over a thousand years you might have over a billion followers.

I like building things. Please don't break the big ones.

& evidential philosophies that dare to extrapolate beyond

an individual's direct experience aren't easily built.

I'd be willing to help decide names for "light" counterparts to Prime Rahkshi powers, but I don't know if it's a good idea to try and start naming the actual Rahk types.

A rahkshi mask would be cool

That isn't really relevant and doesn't make much sense, but... maybe?  :P

Edited by Anung Un Rama

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

This is what I'd imagine:

Fear > Courage: Can empower a target with bravery, or cause an enemy to act too rashly.

Poison > Cure: Can remove the effect of a poison, or of a negative power such as Sleep or Confusion.

Disintegration > Purification: Can separate a mixture into its constituents, or remove pollutants or corrosion.

Anger > Peace: Can calm a target, either facilitating peaceful interaction or removing an enemy's will to fight.

Shattering > Construction: Can telekinetically arrange materials into nearly any structure.

Hunger > Invigoration: Can boost the power of an object or the strength of another being.

Darkness > Illumination: Casts a light that can enable others to see or distract and blind enemies.

• Upvote 2

( The bunny slippers hiss and slither into the shadows. ) -Takuaka: Toa of Time

What if the Toa you know best were not destined to be? Interchange: The epic begins

The ideas emerged here are good. Fortitude could be a replacement of sorts for Limited Invulnerability. Shielding may also find a way on the list too.

As for Faith, I envisioned the power in a similar way as observance as well as raising luck a little since Faith as a Le-Matoran Principle led to Accuracy.

Also Cure and Purification sounds like two sides of the sane coin of Purity.

Keep in mind that the main 6 Rahkshi were created as they were enemies to a certain Matoran Principle so that's why I chose those abilities. Would it help if I wrote down a sentence for each Rahkshi regarding their ability.

I also just came up with a new power that works as a counter to the Prime ability of Confusion. Clarity/Translation - Able to make things more clear.

Edited by ArcticFreeze17
  • Upvote 1

Are you planning on coming up with a benevolent Melding counterpart for all prime universe powers? I don't think some of them would need that, since they're already benevolent or neutral. Quick Healing and Elasticity, for example. It doesn't make sense to change them, because they aren't really evil anyways.

Yeah, I might actually do that...But I want to at least make a few fanon abilities for anyone who want to make a Melding Universe Makuta/Rahkshi character.

Not like anyone makes those anyways... :(

• Upvote 1

I'm not sure what you could call it, but I imagine that a Melding version of a Molecular Disruption Rahkshi would have a similar power to the Kanohi Kiril: it would gradually repair inorganic matter instead of destroying it. 

• Upvote 2

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Going a bit off topic but still kinda related..

[...] make a Melding Universe Makuta/Rahkshi character.

Not like anyone makes those anyways... :(

I've had the interest, but maybe you've 'solved' an issue-of-sorts I've been facing: How are Melding 'verse Rahkshi made? In the prime 'verse they're made by Kraata essentially suiciding by being exposed to Energised Protodermis, so does the same thing happen in the Me.U.?

Is it seen as a necessary evil of sorts ... or is there some way Rahkshi are formed without siblings living in the transformed living-corpse of their siblings?

Are the Rahkshi themselves still alive and in a symbiotic relationship with their Kraata?

'Cause for all the replace bad Kraata/Rahkshi powers with good ones, it might be a bit er ...grey-er than we might think if they still er make Rahkshi the same way...  I mean MeU Rahkshi do exist apparently, & I don't think it was really implied they were that different to the point that they weren't a metamorphosis-ed Kraata.

Or are Kraata even less 'intelligent' there so they aren't really considered alive (or worthy of life?! :L) in the first place...

Sorry if I derailed to much, but I thought this might be of interest to you...

Perhaps it's seen as a Heroic Sacrifice: the Makuta giving up part of his/her essence to create a Kraata, and the Kraata sacrificing themselves to create a Rahkshi.

:r: :e: :g: :i: :t: :n: :u: :i:

Elemental Rahi in Gen2, anyone? A write-up for an initial video for a G2 plot

I really wish everyone would stop trying to play join the dots with Gen 1 and Gen 2 though,it seems there's a couple new threads everyday and often they're duplicates of already existing conversations! Or simply parallel them with a slightly new 'twist'! Gen 2 is NEW, it is NOT Gen 1 and it is NOT a continuation. Outside of the characters we already have I personally don't want to see ANY old characters return. I think it will cheapen the whole experience to those of us familiar with the original line...

Perhaps it's seen as a Heroic Sacrifice: the Makuta giving up part of his/her essence to create a Kraata, and the Kraata sacrificing themselves to create a Rahkshi.

Maybe... but I wonder what triggers the 'need' for it?

I mean "the Rahkshi exist as their servants, and perform duties including guarding and scouting the areas of Spherus Magna.", which doesn't sound terribly important relatively speaking? (IMO anyway, this is an easy area for values dissonance)

I mean maybe that's what they do after the possible-hypothetical cause for their sacrifice in the first place..?

Like I'm sure one can make it work out anyway, but it still seems kinda sad... >,>"

Kraata below Shadow Kraata level are only as intelligent as Rahi. 

Who are you talking to?

I think akakakavu is pointing out that for many of the weaker kraata, there's not much of an ethical dilemma, since they're dumb as real slugs.

I really wish everyone would stop trying to play join the dots with Gen 1 and Gen 2 though,it seems there's a couple new threads everyday and often they're duplicates of already existing conversations! Or simply parallel them with a slightly new 'twist'! Gen 2 is NEW, it is NOT Gen 1 and it is NOT a continuation. Outside of the characters we already have I personally don't want to see ANY old characters return. I think it will cheapen the whole experience to those of us familiar with the original line...

I don't know, the Krana can mind-control people, the Komau can mind-control people, and neither of those things would be considered immoral. I think they can infect masks for the purpose of temporary mind-control to save someone's life or something like that. The "infection" might wear off quickly though.

I would imagine they would maybe able to "infect" these masks, but I doubt the masks would become dark and brooding. I feel the effect should stay the same though, nothing too evil about that. This makes me think, can the mask power still be used if it's infected? If not, then maybe the Melding Universe Kraata would allow the powers to be still useable?

• Upvote 1

Archon                      

"For one to truly feel alive, the person must kill oneself a little bit each and every day."

Check out my MOC, one of the new generation of Toa on Spherus Magna!

***Toa Kyraan***

I would imagine they would maybe able to "infect" these masks, but I doubt the masks would become dark and brooding. I feel the effect should stay the same though, nothing too evil about that. This makes me think, can the mask power still be used if it's infected? If not, then maybe the Melding Universe Kraata would allow the powers to be still useable?

Also, a question about one detail; if a Mask of Power is infected, does it keep its power? I ask because as the Kewa was entering the Rama lair, there was a flash of green, and the Kewa's wing was damaged. It was strongly implied that this was Lewa, infected, using his infected Miru to jump up and swing his ax at the Kewa. So it seems as if his infected Miru had levitation power. (to clarify, this would be a second Miru of power; his normal mask was not infected)   

Yes, an infected mask does retain its power. To do otherwise would be impractical, as Makuta would then be controlling Toa who were at half-power and could easily be defeated by fully powered Toa.

12) Do infected masks have any mask powers built in? 

12) Just whatever power the mask had before. 

Edited by fishers64
  • Upvote 2

So perhaps a Melding infection would alter the appearance of the mask in a different way to making it appear all pitted and rusty. Say a Melding infection creates an unnaturally bright sheen on a mask, like it's been overpolished or covered in a layer of slime.

• Upvote 2

I'm thinking a little sparkle on the mask instead of orange infection... Similarly to the clear Avohkii we got in '03. Which was 12years ago... Wow we're talking about some archaic stuff here haha

• Upvote 2

Archon                      

"For one to truly feel alive, the person must kill oneself a little bit each and every day."

Check out my MOC, one of the new generation of Toa on Spherus Magna!

***Toa Kyraan***

Though makuta were originally designed to make and control rahi, so perhaps Melding Makuta use the ability to infect masks like game rangers use tranquilizers; only on Rahi that have become a danger to matoran or to themselves.

• Upvote 4

• 2 weeks later...

...Almost forgotten about this, and there seems to be a lot of activity here. May not seem like it to you, but it is to me.

Anyways:

I'm not sure what you could call it, but I imagine that a Melding version of a Molecular Disruption Rahkshi would have a similar power to the Kanohi Kiril: it would gradually repair inorganic matter instead of destroying it. 

This I would probably call Molecular Reconstruction. Kinda like Creation, but in the sense that you are repairing.

Though makuta were originally designed to make and control rahi, so perhaps Melding Makuta use the ability to infect masks like game rangers use tranquilizers; only on Rahi that have become a danger to matoran or to themselves.

I also like this idea, and it does make sense.

Edited by ArcticFreeze17
  • Upvote 1

I would like to point out that Melding Makuta started out the same way as any other kind. It was only later that they all purged their inner darkness.

• Upvote 1

Kopaka, the coolest(Pun intended) Ko-Toa ever:

Comic_Blizzard_Blade_In_Use.png      

"If the fight had turned, Exann might be the one on the floor with Antidermis spurting out of him. This is how battle is. This is how life is." -Mar'jik, Corpus Rahkshi                                       

This is all really good. It's really cool to see that someone has taken upon himself such an interesting task. I really don't think I can help much, but one thing:

Light - White/Gold >>> Casts a light that can enable others to see or distract and blind enemies, or absorb it all away to create darkness

Shouldn't this be Black/Blue? :P

Edited by Aerixx: Gukko Lord

This is all really good. It's really cool to see that someone has taken upon himself such an interesting task. I really don't think I can help much, but one thing:

Why would that be the case?

Darkness Rahkshi were black and red/crimson like what hypothetical shadow toa and matoran would be. Light Rahkshi being white and gold would be a good choose.

Why would that be the case?

Darkness Rahkshi were black and red/crimson like what hypothetical shadow toa and matoran would be. Light Rahkshi being white and gold would be a good choose.

Aerixx was making a painful and already dated reference to a ridiculous Internet sensation, the name of which I really don't have to mention and won't. No one thinks any less of you for not getting the joke. In fact, I actually have more respect for you for not picking up on it. :P

• Upvote 2
"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
-- Harlan Ellison

• 2 months later...