BZPower's Word Filter and You

Black Six

Thank you BZP staff for bringing this problem to the RPG community's attention, and addressing all our pressing concerns about the issue. Unless anyone among us has any pressing questions of importance, we should just use our newfound understanding of the bzpower rules, and let this topic be.

Edited by Landes'Rehn

• 2 weeks later...

Btw, is it alright to censor a couple of letters in a word while keeping just enough that for those people that know the word, they'll know what word it is? Such as turning heck into h*ck?

I believe that counts as a bypass, and therefore is not allowed.

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

EDIT: Ninja'd.

Edited by Timageness

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

Btw, is it alright to censor a couple of letters in a word while keeping just enough that for those people that know the word, they'll know what word it is? Such as turning heck into h*ck?

Oh... well... ok. But what about censoring all but the first letter? Like so: Do NOT bypass the filter. -B6? Is that bypassing the filter? Because that's only one letter, followed by three stars that for anyone who doesn't know the word wouldn't mean anything. The filter is supposed to protect younger people from profanity, so is this an acceptable solution?

I believe Ghosthands' answer applies to both questions.

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

Oh... well... ok. But what about censoring all but the first letter? Like so: Do NOT bypass the filter. -B6? Is that bypassing the filter? Because that's only one letter, followed by three stars that for anyone who doesn't know the word wouldn't mean anything. The filter is supposed to protect younger people from profanity, so is this an acceptable solution?
That would not be the preferred solution. It's best just to avoid such language altogether.

It's a rule. As in, BZPower official rules, rule.

Does anybody read the rules anymore?

Rules? What are these rules you speak of? :P Yeah

Reading the rules is a must...

"A stranger will always be a stranger unless you give them a chance."

:m_p: :r: :m_o: :w: :l:    :n: :i: :g: :h: :t: :w: :m_o: :l: :f:

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

Well yeah, Remembering them is a must right along with reading them.

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

Wow that's subtle... what is the phrase? Like a bull in a china shop?

Onua.png

• 5 weeks later...

How are the words "The name of the devil's home" and a 4 letter word that starts with D and ends with N considered swears? They don't really offend anyone nowadays and it seems kind of silly to censor a word that no longer offends people. 

If you like Pingu & want to support a good project, click here. Also, I've rejoined the BZPRPG & I have a new profile for a new game. Click here to see it.

I don't think this is the right place to be asking that question. This topic is to instruct players not bypass the word filter on this forum, not to discuss whether certain words should still be blocked by said filter or not. 

• Upvote 6

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar