Metru Nui Legacy: Matau

zG0SYvs.png

Ehi there! In the past days I had many problems with my Internet Connection, and I had few time to work on my Bionicles. I was able to finish Matau, though, and here he is!

Tried to give him a ninja-like appearence, with many black parts and an agile looking body. As Toa Tools, I gave him two blades attached to his arms (I didn't want to break the stealth assassin theme) and two additional twin blades on his waist, and a spiked punch aswell (Ye I know it doesn't look that great, but I had no additional green pieces to use as fingers. I'm planning to replace it with something better)

Hope you'll like it!

WtTI881.jpg

JAHNIbx.jpg

YyzW4V8.jpg

yGTv2QX.jpg

VJlwMrX.jpg

7k8hPFl.jpg

3ryGv08.jpg

I used a couple of white pieces on this MOC, to give him some little contrast. Still working on him, probably I'll add additional pieces soon.

Please make suggestions to improve it, criticism is always appreciated  :alert:

• Upvote 3

One of the best-shaped Legacy Toa so far, I feel, but the white is really glaring. Could you try yellow, orange or lime?

Thank you! I already tried these colors, but I'm not a great fan of lime green, and I didn't want him to look like a "toa of jungle" or "toa of plantlife". I'm working in him right now, and on Nokama aswell. I'll post some updates tomorrow. Edited by Petersheikah

I've been quietly following your project since you first posted the Bordahk revamp, and Matau is my favorite so far. It probably helps that green/black is one of my very favorite color schemes, and I'm also a sucker for arm-blades :P

There are only a couple things I'd suggest changing -- the upper arms might look better if you exchange the waist pieces for something sleeker, and I think the upside-down inika torso just looks a little odd. Adding a few more tiny white highlights would make their presence a little more cohesive.

Great overall

Edited by Junkbot Master of Trash

-------------------------------------
bohrok_lol.jpg
-------------------------------------
Rate The Song Above You

I've been quietly following your project since you first posted the Bordahk revamp, and Matau is my favorite so far. It probably helps that green/black is one of my very favorite color schemes, and I'm also a sucker for arm=blades :P

There are only a couple things I'd suggest changing -- the upper arms might look better if you exchange the waist pieces for something sleeker, and I think the upside-down inika torso just looks a little odd. Adding a few more tiny white highlights would make their presence a little more cohesive.

Great overall

Yeah these pieces on his arms are quite a problem, they thend to fall of very often. I could try to cover these ball joints with some CCBS armor pieces, but I probably won't replace them, simply because I've got very few options that looks better. I'm running out of white, brown and dark green pieces (I'm full of lime and transparent green pieces though) and I've been searching on a piece that looked better for a while :\

Thank you, anyways, always appreciated!  :D