BBC Contest #69: Everything Old is New Again!

How does this "vote" work? Are there judges or is it fellow BZPower members (and competition enterer)? :???:

Allow me to let Tufi Piyufi answer your question for you...

Official BBC Contest #69: Everything Old is New Again!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Entries begin being accepted as soon as this topic is posted, and will stop being accepted on Saturday, February 21st at 11:59 P.M. EST. We will accept unlimited entries for this contest, so there's no need to rush your entry. To enter, simply submit your entry name and entry picture through this handy form!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Voting Process:

Preliminary Voting begins February 23rd and ends February 26th at 11:59 P.M. EST.

Final Voting begins February 26th and ends February 28th at 11:59 P.M. EST.

The contest winner and final voting results will be posted in a separate thread on February 28th.

Rules:

9) The contest is open to all BZP members, and voting is open to all BZP members to participate in even if they did not enter a MOC. "Advertising" your MOC is fine by making a signature or avatar reminding people to vote for you, but mass-PMing is frowned upon and will just get you disqualified. Advertising your MOC in someone else's thread is also a major no-no. Spamming may result in proto loss or even post-count reductions, so don't do it.

Hope this helps....

"A stranger will always be a stranger unless you give them a chance."

:m_p: :r: :m_o: :w: :l:    :n: :i: :g: :h: :t: :w: :m_o: :l: :f:

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

Are we allowed to use characters that are Gen 1 combiner models (ex: Botar, The Shadowed One, etc.)?

"It's all a trick, you see. They want me to pretend to betray them. They want you to concentrate your forces here against an attack that won't come. But I decided: Why pretend to betray them when actually doing it would be so much more fun?"
— Vezon to Tridax, Destiny War

Is lego digital designer permissible for building my model, since my collection is liited?

:m_p:  :i:  :s:  :h:  Kopaka.png  :i:  :s:  :s:  :e:  :l:

"INTJ PROUD;" 80788-81311-MI

Is lego digital designer permissible for building my model, since my collection is liited?

What's the verdict on LDD MOCs? As much as I'd love to build a real version, I'm short on CCBS parts and bricklink money.

If they are allowed, I would assume they have to match colors with real pieces.

LDD MOCs are not allowed in the contest.

You're out of luck, I'm afraid.

UnsuspectingButts.thumb.png.2a71dabd3565a645b7127215b282d46b.png

A reminder: Please read all of the first post carefully to make sure you're not missing something.

Please do not answer questions if you are not contest staff.

'Pologies, just wanted to help out... :(

Members don't have the knowledge or authority to answer questions accurately, and I've already had to correct misinformation spread by wrong answers. It's much easier for me if people don't answer questions.

Oh yes! This is going to be my first entry into a BZPower contest and I love the theme! Now if I understand correctly, the winning entry will be the one that most emulates the Gen1 character in the Gen2 style, not whoever makes the biggest and coolest build. That means that people like me who don't have many CCBS pieces have a chance at this, right? I mean, too big or intracate and it loses the Gen2 style. Do I see hope?

The winning entry will be whatever gets the most votes in the final round. That's the only thing you can say for sure.

not whoever makes the biggest and coolest build

Every contest goes like that, just saying.

Also shouldn't there be an entry list post by now? Or are there too little entries for that?

The entry list will be up when I have time to post it.

All right then, I'm in!

Just to clarify: may I use modified (cut, not painted) parts?

Cut or broken pieces are fine, while painted pieces are not.

Huh. Does "cut" refer only to flex tubing, or could I legally cut the ends off of, say, an Ehlek claw to make a spiky armor piece?

While you can technically cut the piece intentionally, it's hardly in the spirit of a building contest. I'd prefer that you don't, and the voters might too.

How does this "vote" work? Are there judges or is it fellow BZPower members (and competition enterer)? :???:

There will be rounds of voting conducted, and whoever gets the most votes in each round moves on to the finals/wins.

Are we allowed to use characters that are Gen 1 combiner models (ex: Botar, The Shadowed One, etc.)?

Yes.

No.
Be excellent to each other, and party on, dudes!

Allow me to let Tufi Piyufi answer your question for you...

Official BBC Contest #69: Everything Old is New Again!

Entries begin being accepted as soon as this topic is posted, and will stop being accepted on Saturday, February 21st at 11:59 P.M. EST. We will accept unlimited entries for this contest, so there's no need to rush your entry. To enter, simply submit your entry name and entry picture through this handy form!

Voting Process:

Preliminary Voting begins February 23rd and ends February 26th at 11:59 P.M. EST.

Final Voting begins February 26th and ends February 28th at 11:59 P.M. EST.

The contest winner and final voting results will be posted in a separate thread on February 28th.

Rules:

9) The contest is open to all BZP members, and voting is open to all BZP members to participate in even if they did not enter a MOC. "Advertising" your MOC is fine by making a signature or avatar reminding people to vote for you, but mass-PMing is frowned upon and will just get you disqualified. Advertising your MOC in someone else's thread is also a major no-no. Spamming may result in proto loss or even post-count reductions, so don't do it.

Hope this helps....

Oh. Thanks...There goes my chance...Hahaha...Just Joking... :superfunny: :smilejala:

Out of curiosity, is there an old skool bionicle to ccbs constraction ratio? The character I want to make doesnt have his primary color readily available in ccbs. The understructure and most of the armor will be modern ccbs, but with some old skool parts attached to make up for the odd color...

ancientsig.jpg

^^ Clicky the Linky! ^^

Out of curiosity, is there an old skool bionicle to ccbs constraction ratio? The character I want to make doesnt have his primary color readily available in ccbs. The understructure and most of the armor will be modern ccbs, but with some old skool parts attached to make up for the odd color...

This concern is probably why I won't be doing Kongu or Hahli, and I'll probably end up doing Nuparu, Jaller, or Vezon instead. I guess we'll just have to wait for an answer though.

>tfw you have no idea what to put here

Exactly. I figured its strictly ccbs, but I figured id at least ask. Id also figure if there was one itd be 90% ccbs at least.... itd be cool if that was it, otherwise I have to pick a different dude lol

ancientsig.jpg

^^ Clicky the Linky! ^^

Here's my entry..... MATA NUI

Now I screwed up in the upload so please view the album from the bottom up :P

http://imgur.com/a/PKGoP

Entry : Makuta Teridax

BZP Topic : Here

Gallery : Here

Is your CCBS Teridax gonna try to take over my CCBS Mata Nui? :P :D Edited by Brikkyy13
  • Upvote 1

Check out my BBC #69 Entry - Mata Nui!

http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/17313-bbc-69-entry-mata-nui/

hey jen can we make voriki for this contest

i know hes not technically a canon character, but i think he has been very influential as a joke among the fandom and deserves a special honour

edit: never mind, i did not realize i was beaten to the punch with this. i shall consider other alternate routes.

Edited by Caesar Zeppeli

bionicle is trans culture

All right! Aanchir had a ridiculously ambitious and generally fantastic idea for an entry, but since he's going to be busy with Lego recruitment, I'm taking over from him. I've put in a Bricklink order for parts I need, so hopefully that comes in soon and I can finish the model in time.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

Not specific to just the contest, but legal building as a whole, are we allowed to remove printings from parts?

I'm curious because if pieces came with stickers instead, like Onua's chest, but we didn't put them on, are we allowed to take the printing off another Toa's chest?

That would be okay.

Interesting. So just curious, how does removing a chest printing differ from painting a part? I would have thought they'd be on the same level.

796145519_BZPLotBLogo.png.6d877ccaba9a07cee599cd162e7da3e9.png

Library Topic ^ Credit to Llortor for the custom Nuva Symbols

This is a fantastic idea for a theme! It seems like a great way to get a large variety of entries, even constricted to canon characters.

I've got a few ideas that will be fun to try. I guess I'm trying to get that balance between overused and unknown. :D Just don't steal my ideas!

I was sorely tempted to take the quote from the top of Krika's BS01 page and apply it to the CCBS, but...well, luckily for all of us, I still have some modicum of self restraint.  :P

Entry name: Krika Master of Entropy

Entry photo: http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Nyarlathotep/Krika/krika_master_of_entropy_1.jpg

Topic: http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/17323-krika-master-of-entropy/?do=findComment&comment=863760

bionicle_2017_banner_3c.png

hey jen can we make voriki for this contest

i know hes not technically a canon character, but i think he has been very influential as a joke among the fandom and deserves a special honour

edit: never mind, i did not realize i was beaten to the punch with this. i shall consider other alternate routes.

I wish.

cringe

I only have the Tahu set in the way of CCBS parts but I have been sneakily making a revamp of Takutanuva.

I'm probably going to not incorporate any CCBS parts as it would look really weird on Takutanuva's hulking frame.

9HYoRY7.pngKayn's Thought: My hiatus of Bionicle has ended

ToaCoy, you do know that the contest is to make a G1 character into the  style of G2.

Unless that MOC meant to be the Matoran of Krakua, then never mind.

I was going for the general ides, similar to how the protectors are meant to show an example of the islanders. Plus it could be one of the many unnamed matoran of Sonics.

*looks at news post*

Huh.  I was wondering why the staff grabbed that many transparent Haus.  :P

It is not for us to decide the fate of angels.

Dominus Temporis, if you're out there, hit me up through one of my contacts.  I've been hoping to get back in touch for a long time now.  (Don't worry, I'm not gonna beg you to bring back MLWTB or something.  :P )

I made a Toa Iruini, which was challenging seeing as there were NO METRU GREEN CCBS SHELLS EVAR. He does have gear function and gold shells in proportion to the original set. PICTURES TO COME

"Remember when the comics forum had a lot of good stuff? Let's make that a thing again." -Kazi the Matoran

I made a Toa Iruini, which was challenging seeing as there were NO METRU GREEN CCBS SHELLS EVAR. He does have gear function and gold shells in proportion to the original set. PICTURES TO COME

Actually, there have been pieces released in that color, as you can see here and here. Still not much, but don't say ever. :P

I'm really impressed with the entries so far guys - keep them coming!

• Upvote 4

Yeah, so far they have all been the black/yellow one. Not sure if that is just what people want to make, or all they can due to limited parts availability...

"A stranger will always be a stranger unless you give them a chance."

:m_p: :r: :m_o: :w: :l:    :n: :i: :g: :h: :t: :w: :m_o: :l: :f:

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png