BBC Contest #69: Everything Old is New Again!

I think this should be called the CCBSBCC

I believe the conversation went

"ccbsbcc"

"wow chro that acronym is dumb"

"haha"

thanks luroka

Edited by Anung Un Rama
  • Upvote 2

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

*Is reading the news on the homepage* :wakeup:

*Sees a new building contest* :huh:

*Thinks... "Oh hey cool a building contest..."*

"While the prizes have not been announced yet, we're working on getting some cool stuff together, and it should be very clear that you'll like it."

Clear? Clear??? CLEAR?!?!? :o  :bigeek:  DO YOU MEAN YOU'RE GIVING OUT-

... :OMG:

I HAVE TO ENTER THIS CONTEST. :br:

• Upvote 2

The artist formerly known as

ŜρЄЯ־GЄNіŜ־CЯЄŦ۞Я

BBC#69 Entry: Roodaka - Master of Manipulation

BFTGM entries: Zigben · Ventox · Deflecto

Hail Denmark.

Ya had to mention Nocturn in the news post, eh? Was one of my first thoughts. :P

This is a pretty interesting theme. And I'm mighty tempted to try my hand at it, for sure.

~|ET|~

E-T... Phone home.

"He walks among us, but he is not one of us."

Are we allowed to enter a MoC of a character that already has a CCBS set (namely the toa)? There were three different versions of each of them released as sets (Mata, Nuva, and Phantoka/Mistika), so it would make sense that different versions would be possible in the CCBS-verse too.

move along.

nothing to see here.

Just to verify- 

We can only build one character, correct? What I mean is, in the case of a set like Maxilos/Spinax, Baranus, or Vezon/Kardas, you couldn't build both the "character" and the "steed", correct? Just one or the other? 

Not specific to just the contest, but legal building as a whole, are we allowed to remove printings from parts?

I'm curious because if pieces came with stickers instead, like Onua's chest, but we didn't put them on, are we allowed to take the printing off another Toa's chest?

Edited by Catspurr

B4JLArv.png

Takua (Along with prototype ussani and kohlii staff) coming soon! 

And since such close buds they were, can I have Takua and Jaller as one entry?

The Cronicler and comperny well live ern!

Edit: Nevermind that question, Im goin with Jaller and Gukko set, but I had to improvise, since not alot of brown parts, its now a gukko Dragon

Edited by Dragon11603

I've not entered into a contest like this before, but with the rebirth of Bionicle, I think I'm going to give it a try.  Remembering a torso I created for a character, might come in handy...

So I'm clear, it can be any official character from G1, right? Not just one that has existed in set/combo-model form, like Lariska, or Helryx?

I've not entered into a contest like this before, but with the rebirth of Bionicle, I think I'm going to give it a try.  Remembering a torso I created for a character, might come in handy...

So I'm clear, it can be any official character from G1, right? Not just one that has existed in set/combo-model form, like Lariska, or Helryx?

They were in gen 1, were they not? so yes, you can use them, just using ccbs

For my entry! 

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B5EdRvSKnOeLUGxzcU82ZjhPc28/edit

Takua or Jaller?

*DrumRoll*

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B5EdRvSKnOeLc3Q5TlFsZ0hFdXc/edit

Its Jaller with a Kohlii Stick!

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B5EdRvSKnOeLYWIwN3ktb0N2TTA/edit

With His Kohlii skillz and Gukko Dragon, he will rise victorious!

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B5EdRvSKnOeLamNzeVd3RmxLSTQ/edit

"Come along Gukko, To first place!"

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B5EdRvSKnOeLNmdsVHNseWV1OXM/edit

8594 Jaller and Gukko

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B5EdRvSKnOeLNmdsVHNseWV1OXM/edit

Gukko!

• Upvote 1

Entries don't have to only be built with Bio'15 parts, right? They just have to be able to "blend in" with the recently released sets?

EDIT: If the character we are making was comprised of colors not yet available in CCBS yet, would it be suitable to use a different color as long as the entry is recognizable, like using black to replace dark blue?

Edited by Konahrik

bzpsig.jpg

I'm almost done with my entry, but I do have one question. What's the general policy regarding illegal connections? For instance, if I have some Barraki eyes stuck in some odd hole (one not meant to really have anything in it), is that not allowed?

AXKP5KC.png

Can the character be a reimagining? What I mean is, keeping the same recognizable aesthetic of the character but altering its colors a little and changing its purpose (ie. Keetongu as a gold mecha meant to protect the Mask of Time instead of an orange Rahi).

Not really. Please try to stick to the original concept of the characters.

I wish we could make multiple entries :c

You can have multiple MOCs in one entry, but you only get the one ticket to the show.

That's quite an interesting idea for a contest.

Does the entry need to be 100% CCBS or can we also use G1 pieces?

I've read and re-read  rule no. 3 but I don't understand if by "Bionicle parts" you mean G1 or G2....

Either is fine.

Are we allowed to enter a MoC of a character that already has a CCBS set (namely the toa)? There were three different versions of each of them released as sets (Mata, Nuva, and Phantoka/Mistika), so it would make sense that different versions would be possible in the CCBS-verse too.

While I'd prefer you avoid sets that already have new representation, you are free to submit it. Just remember that it's all being voted on.

Just to verify- 

We can only build one character, correct? What I mean is, in the case of a set like Maxilos/Spinax, Baranus, or Vezon/Kardas, you couldn't build both the "character" and the "steed", correct? Just one or the other?

You can have multiple MOCs in an entry, but you can only have the one entry.

Not specific to just the contest, but legal building as a whole, are we allowed to remove printings from parts?

I'm curious because if pieces came with stickers instead, like Onua's chest, but we didn't put them on, are we allowed to take the printing off another Toa's chest?

That would be okay.

Yes.

Entries don't have to only be built with Bio'15 parts, right? They just have to be able to "blend in" with the recently released sets?

EDIT: If the character we are making was comprised of colors not yet available in CCBS yet, would it be suitable to use a different color as long as the entry is recognizable, like using black to replace dark blue?

That's right.

While you can use it, it'd be a good idea to remember how it would look to the voters.

I'm almost done with my entry, but I do have one question. What's the general policy regarding illegal connections? For instance, if I have some Barraki eyes stuck in some odd hole (one not meant to really have anything in it), is that not allowed?

Those are fine.
Be excellent to each other, and party on, dudes!

Me and two of my friend are going to be entering in to this contest and I gonna be making maxilos.

Also just wondering sense this contest is mainly a contest of using Hero Factory build, how much Bionicle and Technic parts do we use.

Edited by ShadowWolfHount

:akakunu: My Topics :akakunu:

MOCs: Construct-a-Astronaut

:voyanui: Find Me On :voyanui:

Flickr 10.gif Twitter 10.gif Youtube

Me and two of my friend are going to be entering in to this contest and I gonna be making maxilos.

Also just wondering sense this contest is mainly a contest of using Hero Factory build, how much Bionicle and Technic parts do we use.

From what I've gathered, it's mainly about emulating the feel/look of Gen 2, rather than having to rely solely on CCBS parts/the HF build. As far as I've seen, it's probably best to include CCBS, but all parts are game.

That's quite an interesting idea for a contest.

Does the entry need to be 100% CCBS or can we also use G1 pieces?

I've read and re-read  rule no. 3 but I don't understand if by "Bionicle parts" you mean G1 or G2....

Either is fine.

That's right.

Are we allowed to display our MOC beside the original Gen 1 product in the entry picture? (ex: 2001 Onua stands beside 2015 Onua)

"It's all a trick, you see. They want me to pretend to betray them. They want you to concentrate your forces here against an attack that won't come. But I decided: Why pretend to betray them when actually doing it would be so much more fun?"
— Vezon to Tridax, Destiny War

Are we allowed to display our MOC beside the original Gen 1 product in the entry picture? (ex: 2001 Onua stands beside 2015 Onua)

One of the lhikan entry did that, so I'm guessing it's a yes, I don't see why they 

All right then, I'm in!

Just to clarify: may I use modified (cut, not painted) parts?

That's a no, I do know that BZP contest do not allow modified pieces.

One thing I don't know if they allow is stickers that was made by lego.

wouldn't allow it.

One of the lhikan entry did that, so I'm guessing it's a yes, I don't see why they

What an interesting coincidence! My entry was going to be Lhikan as well with him standing next to the Gen 1 Lhikan but my MOC looks almost exactly the same as the one in the entry! Sigh... I guess I will have to choose a different character now

Edit: Looks like a lot of people are doing Lhikan, so I guess it was an overused concept in the first place! :P Seemed almost too easy anyway

Edited by Kuurai

"It's all a trick, you see. They want me to pretend to betray them. They want you to concentrate your forces here against an attack that won't come. But I decided: Why pretend to betray them when actually doing it would be so much more fun?"
— Vezon to Tridax, Destiny War

One of the lhikan entry did that, so I'm guessing it's a yes, I don't see why they

What an interesting coincidence! My entry was going to be Lhikan as well with him standing next to the Gen 1 Lhikan but my MOC looks almost exactly the same as the one in the entry! Sigh... I guess I will have to choose a different character now

Edit: Looks like a lot of people are doing Lhikan, so I guess it was an overused concept in the first place! :P Seemed almost too easy anyway

I have only seen two entry of Lhikan plus if you are going to do a different character, I think Nidhiki (toa or dark hunter) would be a good idea :)

Also as far as I seen with the entry, I find it a little odd that people are mostly going with Toa and Glatorian (even Akamai being a Toa size), I amaze people didn't make one of the bigger character to enter into the contest like with me making Maxilos and one of my friend which is making Gadunka.

Please do not answer questions if you are not contest staff.

We can have multiple MOCs in a entry? Any limit on this? Or should the different MOCs have to go together?

Multiple MOCs in an entry are fine, and while there's no limit on how many you can include, I'd recommend quality over quantity.

Original Bionicle, Technic, and CCBS pieces all fall under the 75% portion.

Yes.

All right then, I'm in!

Cut or broken pieces are fine, while painted pieces are not.

question since im a bit confused on some of the wording. Would I be able to enter, say, Kopaka mata + muaka for the contest, or would it be one or the other?

You can include multiple MOCs in your entry, yes.
Be excellent to each other, and party on, dudes!

Oh yes! This is going to be my first entry into a BZPower contest and I love the theme! Now if I understand correctly, the winning entry will be the one that most emulates the Gen1 character in the Gen2 style, not whoever makes the biggest and coolest build. That means that people like me who don't have many CCBS pieces have a chance at this, right? I mean, too big or intracate and it loses the Gen2 style. Do I see hope?

All right then, I'm in!

Cut or broken pieces are fine, while painted pieces are not.

Huh. Does "cut" refer only to flex tubing, or could I legally cut the ends off of, say, an Ehlek claw to make a spiky armor piece?

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

Well since the rule of the contest is it has to fit in the Gen2 universe, regardless of piece choice much larger/complicated MOCs would hinder their chances I would think. Though we as the voters can choose if this epic 1,000x piece MOC fits Gen2 or that Matoran/Protector does so better. Me I wont be voting for expensively complicated MOCs. I am looking for what I feel looks like it could be on Okoto. I recommend to follow voting rules others do the same. A good idea for reference(not plagiarizing) is the Okoto wildlife thread... While his creations are not canon Rahi from Gen1, they do fit in the Okoto Gen2 universe... Also they are not overly complicated... This is what I will be looking for when voting is open...

"A stranger will always be a stranger unless you give them a chance."

:m_p: :r: :m_o: :w: :l:    :n: :i: :g: :h: :t: :w: :m_o: :l: :f:

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png