Hitman XVII: Games in the Dark

JAG18

Hitman XVII: Games in the Dark

The Plot:

TSO arranges a wicked "game" for several prospective Dark Hunters involving day-time clashes and night-time assassinations.   

How-to-Play:

In Hitman, each player is trying to kill all the other players; each odd-numbered turn all active players will pm me a target and a weapon of their choice to use that round.  

Each player pms me their profile with their weapon resistances; each weapon must have a number between one and six, but no two weapons can share the same number.

An example profile:

Blunt Objects: 5

Sharp Objects: 6

Explosives: 4

Poisons/Toxins: 3

Ranged: 2

Elemental: 1

In order to kill a player, the die roll needs to be greater than the targeted player’s resistance.  E. G. Huffpuff attacks Bahu with a Mace (blunt object) and a 5 is rolled.   Bahu’s blunt object resistance is only 4, so he is killed.

Be as creative as you want in your weapon choice so long as a weapon type (sharp object, blunt object, etc.) is included.  If a weapon type is not included, I will assume the most logical type for the weapon chosen.  

At the beginning of each round every player will have forty-eight hours to pm their target.  If you have any questions about any rules, feel free to ask in the topic and I will gladly answer to the best of my abilities. 

TSO’s Game:

During each even-numbered round, matches will take place; at the beginning of each round I will post the bracket of all active players showing who is fighting who.   

Matches will work like Rock-Paper-Scissors, but with six choices (elements) instead of three and with each element defeating two other elements.   At the beginning of even-numbered rounds each player will pm their choice of three elements in the order they wish to use them.  The extra elements are in case of a tie.  If all three choices are the same then a tie is declared and both players will have a rematch to decide a winner.  

The Elements interact like so:

Fire beats: Ice and Stone

Water beats: Fire and Earth

Air beats: Earth and Water

Stone beats: Ice and Air

Earth beats:  Stone and Fire

Ice beats: Water and Air

They are also awards for winning matches: winners of one match may increase one of their resistances by one point and winners of two matches may target two people each odd numbered round.  If a player beats all other players then they are crowned the winner of hitman.  

Rules:

I. All BZPower rules apply.

II. Please, only use one pm, as in, don’t keep sending me new pms each round.

III. No switching targets mid-round.  If I’m given a second target, I will use the first one and ignore any subsequent ones.

IV. Please, no complaining about outcomes.  I have a large puffy die, which I drop randomly and fairly.  

Player slots:

I. The Forgotten Warrior (ShadowFlaredrick)

II. 

III. Kopekemaster

IV. Neo ShadowVezon killed by Gukko Lord

V. 

VI. 

VII. Axilus

VIII. 

IX. Voltex (Lucina)

X. Toph Beifong

XLVII: Aerixx Gukko Lord

MMCDXXVMMCXXXV: Makuta Luroka

Sign-Ups will last two days from the time of this topic’s posting.  If fewer than ten people join when sign-ups end, then the game will start anyway.  If more than ten people join before sign ups end then sign-ups will remain open.

Edited by JAG18
  • Upvote 1

cheesebanner.jpg.4e180047b2ca502f2c43489af7b439da.jpg

Nah, there's room and you and everyone else who posted is in.

Now, technically there is still about an hour left for sign ups, but I think that's everyone we're going to get so I'm going to start round one now.

Round one is an odd-numbered round so it's the night before the duels meaning it's business as usual.  Everyone has forty-eight hours to pm me their profiles (if they haven't already) and kills.

Here's the bracket for the duels:

Lucina vs. ShadowVezon
Axilus vs. Luroka
Kopekemaster vs. Toph
Gukko Lord vs. The Forgotten Warrior

GO.

It's a shame, I was hoping to go up against you Kopekemaster. Or at the very least Gukko Lord. Still, iBrow shall present a fine challenge.

xoTlRfR.png

Banner by jed1ndy

"Master of Shadows and Game-running Compliants, Ǝɹsɐʇz Ԁᴉɹɐʞɐ ᴉu qlɐɔʞ' No˙ 999, Vezon of the Twighlight"

Introduction:

A lone ship cut its way through the waters around Odina on a moonless night.  On board were seven powerful beings (there had been an eighth, but he missed the boat) they were all hopefuls for acceptance into the mercenary organization that called this island home, The Dark Hunters.

The seven were lead into a training facility on the island’s south side and each given their own cell; in the morning they were to begin a tournament in which they were to demonstrate their combative prowess.  However, the Shadowed One wanted to add more than just brute strength to his organization—stealth, deception, cunning, all were among the qualities he hoped to find among the new recruits.

And in the dark halls of the training facility they would all have plenty of time to show them.

Round I: Beginner’s (Bad) Luck

Lucina turned a corner in the shadowy facility and was confronted by the imposing Luroka; down a long stretch of corridor they starred each other down weapons at the ready.  Then, as if at the drop of a pin Lucina sent out a huge stream of red hot elemental fire which lit up the previously dim hall.  What it did not, however, lite up was Luroka whose armor allowed him to pass through the inferno unharmed.  He lunged forward with his Nails of Treachery intent to tear his target limb from limb, but he didn’t count on the durability of Lucina’s armor.  The two wannabe hunters disengaged before disappearing into the night, both disgusted with their performance.

Elsewhere in the facility, the sound of metal blades rang out.  Kopeke and Axilus were locked in a tense swordfight; Axilus had been out with his longsword looking for other prey when Kopeke ambushed him with a sword of his own.  Ultimately though, Axilus with his longer blade had prevailed compelling his bushwhacker to retreat.  Now that Axilus was free to get back to his business of killing, the opportunity soon presented itself in the form of firespitter Lucina who was still trying to get back to his cell.  The swordsman went from ambushed to ambusher as he charged at Lucina, who skillfully evaded longsword’s blows before making a successful getaway.  Ready to call it a night as well Axilus made his way back to his cell as well.

In the mess hall, SV had just arrived.  On the ship he had overheard tales of the ghastly crimes one of the other contestants had committed; upon learning that he was to soon appear for a midnight snack SV prepared a poison which he deemed would provide a fitting end to the accursed warrior.

Alas, not more than two second after showing up SV was shot through the heartlight with a Pulse Rifle fired by Gukko Lord who was enjoying a snack of his own when he spotted the would be poisoner.

The accursed one did finally show up, but Kopeke upon seeing a dead corpse with a vial of spilled poison decided to turn around and wait ‘til morning to eat.

Gukko Lord meanwhile, had his own problems.   After leaving the mess hall through a back door he had a run in with the Forgotten Warrior who used a Matoran instrument to unleash his elemental sonic powers to the sound of “You’re Going Down" by Sick Puppies.    

Actually no one (besides SV) was going down tonight.  Gukko Lord dodged the incoming sounds and quickly returned fire, one of his shots destroyed Forgotten Warrior’s instrument forcing him to flee.  

And thus with all the hunters settled back into their cells the first night of bloodshed ended without very much blood being shed at all.

TL; DR:

You guys all sucked.  I mean you all had bad luck.  

Lucina failed to kill Luroka with Fire (Elemental)

Luroka failed to kill Lucina with Nails of Treachery (Sharp Object)

Kopeke failed to kill Axilus with a sword (Sharp Object)

Gukko Lord killed SV with a Pulse Rifle (Ranged)

Forgotten Warrior failed to kill Gukko Lord with the sound of “You’re Going Down” (Elemental)

Axilus failed to kill Lucina with a Longsword (Sharp Object)

SV failed to kill Kopeke with Poison (Poison…)

The new bracket:

Lucina vs. Kopekemaster 

Axilus vs. Luroka

Gukko Lord vs. The Forgotten Warrior

Everyone has forty-eight hours to pm your choice of three elements.  

You're kidding me.

Please, somebody kill Kopekemaster. Preferably painfully, maybe with some karma mixed in for good measure, like I had planned.

xoTlRfR.png

Banner by jed1ndy

"Master of Shadows and Game-running Compliants, Ǝɹsɐʇz Ԁᴉɹɐʞɐ ᴉu qlɐɔʞ' No˙ 999, Vezon of the Twighlight"

You're kidding me.

Please, somebody kill Kopekemaster. Preferably painfully, maybe with some karma mixed in for good measure, like I had planned.

Pretty sure obsessing over revenge equals bad karma.

It's not revenge, it's justice.

xoTlRfR.png

Banner by jed1ndy

is to get back at him for the stew

Jus' sayin'.

Doesn't change the fact that you're forcing people to be cannibals.

What I find funny about all of this is that you weren't even really in that game. I just had you appear for like one sentence. And all of the other players, who were much more violent/cannibalistic/suicidal than you were in your sentence, were pretty fine with it all.

Now, can we please drop it and focus on the game at hand?

Edited by Kopekemaster
rsz_screenshot_from_un_chien_andalou.jpg
My Writing Blog (more writing coming soon!)

My Bionicle/LEGO Blog (defunct)

Hyfudiar on Spotify (noise/drone/experimental music)

Round II:

The first day of The Shadowed One’s tournament began in the training facility’s gym, a simple open area with a balcony for the assembled spectators—needless to say TSO wanted better results from the recruits than he received the past night.

Match I: Lucina vs. Kopeke

The two charged with their elementally imbued combat staffs, they locked weapons and struggled with one and other.  Kopeke soon broke the deadlock and knocked Lucina to the ground, but just before the final blow could be landed Lucina unleashed his Air powers to blow Kopeke away.

Match II: Axilus vs. Luroka

Axilus and Luroka stood across from each other, drew their combat staffs, twirled them around, began a Maori War Dance…

“Get on with it!”  A random Dark Hunter shouted from the balcony.  

Axilus opened fire with his staff, literally, shooting a stream of fire at his opponent; Luroka replied with a wave of water which of course left Axilus all washed up.

Match III: Gukko Lord vs. Forgotten

They were some in the assembly who quested whether or not Gukko Lord was breaking any rules by showing up to his match with a Stone Shield, but most knew that to survive the life of a Dark Hunter you needed to do anything to get ahead.

The Forgotten Warrior demonstrated this excellently by bringing his Hawk 97-2 Shotgun to his match. He fired three special Fire Breath shells at Gukko Lord and knocked him right out of the gym and more importantly the tournament.

TL;DR

Lucina, Luroka, and Forgotten Warrior all won their matches!   Congratulations, all of you may increase one of your resistances by one point.  

Odd-numbered round now so everyone has forty-eight hours to send me their kills.